Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:33 AM   #46  

Hi everyone ,

Happy memorial day! My teens are still asleep. My husband gets up at the crack of dawn. We are expecting rain, I guess we won't be grilling . Yesterdays church service was awesome. We honored the military. They also honored those in Gods army. The preacher spoke of those who gave up their lives for our country and for God. For all of you who have lost loved ones in service to country or God . Our hearts go out to you.Freedom is not free. We have lost many so we could live without fear. The man who past away ,who was in our sunday school class ,lost both his leg, and an arm in the war protecting his fellow solders from a hand grenade. Before he left for the war he prayed to God that he would not loss any limbs. God had other plans. His future wife who was a nurse asked God to not put her in an area where men had lost limbs. God had other plans. they met in that ward and fell in love.When he got older he asked God not to let him die from cancer. God had other plans. He never once complained ,why me. He trusted God. He never told anyone how he lost his limbs. It was not important to him. He focused on the love God had for him.He trusted God. The two of them had a great marriage. They were not self focused but God focused.God bless them and everyone they have touched.

SunnyD~ I love your arbor. You have a beautiful home. That turtle was so cute. I get a kick from your pictures of your babies domino, guido, and zeppe.

Gary~ I understand you got a new puppy. I was watching a comedy dvd the other day . Jeff foxworthy is in it. He does alot of skits about the south. How Do You Know When You Are A Redneck? etc. One of the comedians on the tape talked about sleeping with your dog. He shared his experiences being intimate with his wife with the dog in the bed watching. I was laughing so hard. He said one time he threw his wifes bra across the room and the dog retrieved it and brought it back to him. The dog wanted to be part of the game. The louder they got making love the louder the dog got chewing on their clothes Funny but true.

Sherry~Hope you have a blessed holiday.

To all my computer friends ,drive safe ,and thank God for this great country of ours. God bless you and your families.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:15 AM   #47  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just popped in while Angie is out doing her 3 miler..the day here is already beautiful and it is only 7am---been watching the dogs "mud" wrestle all morning in the grass ,wet with dew and then in the "get your butts outta there!" planter boxes. They are resting now waiting by the door for Angie to get back, she will take them on a walk then.

JUDY-Great to see you back! Great story on the couple, I think you shared some of that before with us-AWESOME. Actually we have 2 puppies now, we got the one 4+ months ago, then ended up with another one 3 weeks older from our neighbor who couldn't keep her--both golden retrievers...Rylee and Reba. I love Jeff Foxworthy! he is too funny. I hope the rain passes and you have a nice day after all...nothing stops my wife from grilling...she'll do it in the rain if she has too, if it's too bad the George Foreman grill comes out of the cupboard!!

MKAY- What movie did you get? my daughter, step-d and neice watched LOVE ACTUALLY on Sat. night, they said it was good so Angie watched it last night. My son and I were watching the softball world series for college so I missed it. Hope it doesn't rain too much for you today. Did you get your coffee this morning? We have a Starbucks less than a mile from my house but I rarely go--Yuban or Folgers fine for me (now don't get me wrong I love Starbucks!) Angie goes quite a bit on her way to work.

Well outta here for now...gotta go "ADMIRE" my new ride before I get drywall mud all over it!!
Old 05-31-2004, 10:50 AM   #48  

Talking Hellllleeeewww All!

EZMONEY-
Movie? Ha...this is the second time in 2 nights when we actually sit down to watch TV (it's usually late) and we both fall asleep trying to watch. We ended up watching Discovery Channel. Yes, I woke up before Gary, showered, dressed, coffee and opened the doors and sat and read this morning with a great cup of coffee until the rains came down so hard I had to close the doors. It's 11:00 and I just slaughtered Gary in a game of cribbage. Gonna go and tend to my day.

eisenj-
Great story about the love of God for that couple. Whew!!! Our church service was awesome yesterday. So Spirit filled.

Gary-
Puppy? Love puppies and even when they grow in those big dogs. We have Nakita Girl (Nikki for short). She is our daughter. It's our second marriage and since our kids are grown...we have her together. Gary would like to breed her but...hmmm...I'm already crazy with the dirt, hair and my Gary's dirt from working outside alot.

Everyone else...have a beautiful day even if it rains. I am! Hugs to all...
Old 05-31-2004, 11:03 AM   #49  

Memorial Day

is a patriotic holiday
in the United States. It is a day to honor
Americans who gave their lives
for their country, and is celebrated
as a legal holiday in most states.
This date was made a federal holiday by a
law that became effective in 1971

WHAT IS A VETERAN?

A Veteran is someone who left hearth, home and loved ones behind, often at a young age, to protect our freedom.

A Veteran is someone who died in battle, far from home and is buried on foreign soil.

A Veteran is someone who crouched, terrified, in foxholes or trenches at The Front.

A Veteran is someone who landed on the beaches of Dieppe, Normandy and Juno and had little chance of surviving.

A Veteran is someone who was wounded, lost limbs, or was shell-shocked.

A Veteran is someone who spent months or years aboard a ship, far from home, to protect America from her enemies.

A Veteran is someone who was on a bomber over bullet-ridden skies, either as a pilot or a member of the crew.

A Veteran is someone who saved the lives of the wounded, whether a doctor, nurse, medic, or a member of his Platoon.

A Veteran is a member of the K9 Units who worked with our men overseas.

A Veteran is someone who spent years as a POW…many never came home. Some may be still alive, knowing they never will come home…wondering about mothers, wives and children.

A Veteran is someone who has been listed as MIA, but still lives in a foreign land, forgotten by his country.

A Veteran is someone who crawled through jungles and tunnels never knowing what lay around the next curve.

A Veteran is someone who is laid to rest as “Taps” drifts across a cemetery and guns sound in a salute.

A Veteran is someone in a Veteran’s hospital or old-age home who is not able to care for him/herself. Though they defended their country, they can no longer protect themselves from the physical and mental abuse inflicted by the staff or family members.

A Veteran is someone who once held his dying friend in his arms while wondering why the world was such a cruel place.

A Veteran is a nurse who held dying men in her arms and shed tears, even though she had never met him before in her life…she cried for the injustice of it all…the horror of it all and the senselessness of it all.

A Veteran is someone who wakes, screaming, in the night, his body drenched in sweat. He or she is remembering…dreaming of some atrocity witnessed in the course of war.

A Veteran is someone who marches in a parade, medals displayed proudly on his/her chest.

A Veteran is someone who marches in a parade with no medals displayed on his/her chest.

A Veteran is someone who never marches in a parade, has no medals, but knows that he did his/her duty and served their country proudly and to the best of their ability.

A Veteran is someone who enabled us to have everything we hold dear…equal opportunity, justice and liberty for all.

A Veteran is someone who we pay tribute to once a year. We stand at attention in silence for one (two in Canada this year) minute and thank him/her for what they have sacrificed. We should be ashamed.

A Veteran is someone who, when you see him/her on the street, you should walk up to, shake his or her hand and say, “Thank you.”

Have you hugged a Veteran today?

Old 05-31-2004, 10:44 PM   #50  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary~Cool truck! And nice pic of Ron and you and Angie! I didn't realize that this was the Buy a New Car weekend, so I'll be very busy tomorrow at work. I already had a lady on Sat. who called to add a new car.

My days off have been quiet but really nice. Yesterday i went to the mall, did a little shopping, got a great book, went to have a late lunch. Was going to see Shrek2 but my hip was hurting and so i went home. I did a nice facial last night and today i did some laundry so i am feeling better.

Had cantaloupe and some chicken and pasta salad for dinner.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:26 AM   #51  

Default Good Morning!!!!

Hey, I had such a nice extended weekend...I decided to add another day to it. Yup, took a vacation day from work. Yeah!!!!!

Gary- Nice truck...nice family.
Mitchypoo- I think I'll do a facial today too AND start drinking more water
Angel-lover- What a lovely tribute from you. Thanks!

Tons of running around for me today... Go stock up of healthy food, bank, thrift stores, dollar stores...fun stuff.

I ate too much for dinner last night and I didn't like that feeling...not going to do that again...I'd rather be a little hungry. Gary (my hubby) wanted me to go to breakfast with him this a.m. I had to turn him down. I'll make him some healthy toast with a fun nut butter...maybe macadamia nut butter.

Well...I come back later and see how everyone is doing. Thanks for being so nice to newcomers.

Mary
Old 06-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #52  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy

Hello everyone,
Just a quick note --- I am very ill and have been for
the last two days... please keep me in your prayers.

Thanks so much!
Donna
Old 06-01-2004, 03:13 PM   #53  

Default A Little Prayer Your Way

Father God, we thank you for this day no matter what is going on in our lives; today is a gift from You. We come together in prayer for Donna as she is quite ill these days. We ask that the Holy Spirit fill her body, flow healing through her veins and heal her from the top of her head to the tips of her toes. We continue praying for her as she is taking on this healing. We ask this in Your most holy name. And we all said...Amen!
Old 06-01-2004, 04:57 PM   #54  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Amen!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #55  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

DONNA you are in my prayers. Requesting prayers tonight for the Weakley family. My cousin's grandson was killed in an auto crash 3 o'clock Monday morning...he was 17, owner of a "new to him" fast Mustang...was speeding and crashed into a concrete wall in a rural part of town...passenger injured also..not sure how bad. I work for my cousin and also with his sons- one being the father of the boy...the boy also worked with us sometimes for gas money...good kid...always wanted a fast car..used to warn him about going to fast...told him how stupid I was when I was his age...doesn't matter now...probably not a christian...have often had discussions with my cousin and his sons...they think churches want to take your money,crutches..etc...don't think I could get through a time like this if I didn't have my crutch..er church! Gotta go...been a long day. Gary
Old 06-02-2004, 07:24 AM   #56  

Blessing to all.
Donna I am praying and Praying for you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
EZ-My heart goes out to you and the Weakly family. As you know we just lost a 17yr old to road rage from our Church. Most of his friends were NOT christian and got up durning the service and walked out. (we gussed they didn't want to hear it) This kid was like that to except 5 weeks before he died he called pastor and ask for Pastor to come and do a bible study with him. And Pastor talked about that during the service and you could see the inpact it made on several teens. I will be lifting you up in prayer and his family. It is every parents nightmare.
mkay-AMEN
Mithchypoo-Prayers you are doing better.
Angellover-Thank you for the great post!
eisenj-We had tornado again! But the Lord blessed us again the tornado hit 4 blocks from our house and went over our house and hit int the golf course behind us. My DD's house was hit by lighting it killed her computer,xbox,both phones,alarm,and other elect items the damage is about 5 thousand dollars.
Sherry-I pray you are feeling better. The weather here is bad we have had so much lighting that is one of the reasons I have not been on the computer. I know just the place to put the ribbons it scrapbook them in thier school scrapbook. I also take pictures of the item so I will scrapbook it with the ribbon. If it is a really great picture I will add it to the scrapbook. but one of the things this year was a clay hourse so it won't fit in the scrapbook!

To all the others May God Bless you today!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:00 AM   #57  
Southern Belle

Default Wednesday morning

Hello CEers!!!!
Man the mood here is soleum this morning. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I had a virus and was just too weak to come to the computer.

Our Dear Lord,
We just ask you to lift up the family that has lost this loved one. Lord, we don't think he knew You Lord. Lord, I just pray that you will be with this family at this time and give them strength to go on. I just pray that somehow this will bring the family closer together and closer to You, Lord, that maybe they will know you personally Lord and may be saved. Lord, we don't understand why bad things happen, but we do trust you, and know that you can make good things result from something so terrible. Please, Lord, help Gary in this time to be strong for the family and a witness to them as well. Please give him the words to say Lord to possibly make a difference. Please lead, guide and direct them all during this time Lord.

Lord, we just ask that you lift up ~Sunny~Donna~. Lord, you are the Great Physician and we know that you can heal her and make her strong again. We come before you now, Lord, trusting in your grace and abundant power to heal this child of yours. Lord, we ask that she be made whole again, so she may live each and every day for you.

Lord, please bless each and everyone of these CEers here Lord. They all have such a special place in my heart. Lord, you know the needs of each of them Lord as well as the strengths and weaknesses. Please touch them in a very special way and show them YOUR LIGHT Lord, so that may live out the rest of their days for you.

Please, Lord, help my family, as we go through changes in our lives and search for a new church. Please dear Father, soften our hardened hearts Lord, if necessary to make us better Christians. Lord, we know that only you can help us through these trival things on earth. We have the faith to know that YOU ARE THE ANSWER to it ALL!!!!! Please go with us each and everyday and listen to our prayers. We ask in Jesus Christ's name and for HIS sake.
Amen

Sorry, I don't have much time this morning. I have quite a few visits today and the summer reading program for the kiddos starts this afternoon and have to take Kaci to that.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD WEDNESDAY!!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:22 AM   #58  
Southern Belle

Talking Sami!!

Hey Sami!!!

So GOOD to hear from YOU!!!!

Sorry you posted while I was posting.
Wow!!! That tornado was a LITTLE bit TOO close!!!! Glad ya'll weren't hurt and all your daughter lost was possessions! God is GOOD!!!
Glad you have a GREAT place to put those precious ribbons and pictures. Prayers continue for you and others.

I continue here. My hours are finally cut back and I'm getting more rest and feeling better. But with my hours cut back, I worry about our finances. Kelli's pickup overheated yesterday and my DH believes the thermostat is stuck. Which will cost some. And we got our auto insurance bill. It was way more than we thought it would be. I'm scared with my hours cut and more and bigger bills coming in. \

But on a brighter note . . . . . . I am checking into writing stories, poems, etc for different magazines especially for children. And I am thinking about making some some wallhangings and putting them on Ebay. Gotta generate some funds somehow.

Sami, hope you are feeling better. I really love to hear from you. And miss you when you don't post. Post when you can, my sweet friend.
Gotta run!

Have a GOOD day!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #59  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It feels like forever since I've been here and then to hear how many of you have been sick. I too had a bit of a bug over the weekend but feel fine now.

Just said goodbye to overnight company and now have to prepare for weekend company. My sis is coming and I'm so excited to see her. My folks are moving and are having an auction sale on Saturday. My whole family will be there so along with the work will be a nice family reunion. It'll be fun. It'll also be the last time I'll be in my home town so it's a little nostalgic too.

Gary: That is so tragic. My prayers are with you and the boy's family.

I don't dare show my DH a picture of your truck. He would love one. Someday!!

Sunny: Are you feeling better? My prayers are with you also. Take good care of yourself.

Sami: So glad you're okay. That tornado was just a little too close. We've had so much rain here lately that the water is standing on the fields. It's finally sunny and warm today.

mkay: I don't think I've welcomed you yet. It's great to have you here. I love this group of people and wouldn't be where I am today without their support. I hope you feel the same way.

Michele: Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. Sometimes we need down time to replenish. Dinner sounded great!!

I've been in a lull with WOE and was getting a bit depressed about it and that makes me want to quit everything. Then, I saw a picture of myself that was taken over the weekend and I got a reality check. I know now that I have to mean business. Tomorrow I start back at Curves on a regular business and I'm going to cut carbs after 3:00pm. Maybe something will happen. AND I'm going to report back to all of you with the results weekly so that I can be accountable. Thanks for the support.

I know I haven't addressed everyone but I just looked at the time and I better get going to work.

Have a super day!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #60  

Default Thanks For Speaking Life

Sunshinelady...Thanks for speaking life into those with grieving hearts. You are a great prayer warrior...we need that.

EZMONEY- I'm sooo sorry for the loss.

Sami- Too close for comfort. I just realized...my sister lives in near Indianapolis...EEK...think I'll call her.

Sunny- How are you feeling?

Mitchypoo- Sounds like you are eating super healthy. Cool

I do have some good news...I lost another 3 lbs totalling 15 lbs. I went to the Goodwill store yesterday and hit the mother lode on clothes. A skirt/top for less than $4.00.

Well, I'm at work today and I have to get some work actually done. Break time is over! Hugs and Blessings to you all!!!
Closed Thread