Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #31  
Southern Belle

Smile Saturday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!!

I just spent 45 minutes typing a long individual post to you and then the computer messed up and the page came up cannot find server and when I refreshed of course, I lost everything!!! UGH!!! So, I will go back to short little posts. Does anyone know how to email your posts to the thread? That way, maybe I wouldn't lose them.

I am sooooooooo glad it's finally Saturday. I am off and can get some rest. Whew! what a week! I did finally talk with my boss at my dh's insistance and my schedule is much better next week. I was given off Tuesday and Thursday as I'm supposed to be. Of course, I have a meeting out of town Tuesday but that's ok, need to get groceries. My eating has been totally the worse but I am going to do a lot of planning this weekend and get back on plan.

Ok, to avoid losing a lot this posting is continued...............................
Old 04-24-2004, 10:01 AM   #32  
Southern Belle

Smile Saturday morning continued . . . . . . . . . . .

~Sami~
So glad to hear from you! Glad to hear you are still working out but sorry to hear you having my problem with the swelling. I can't drink the sodas either, I allow myself one every week or two but make sure I can take my lasix thereafter. Denise is in my prayers! I don't want to be like that either but I don't want to die early and not see my kids grow up either. My boss really got on me for "pushing it". She is new and didn't know about my health problems and after I explained them to her she asked why in the world was I putting more work load on my heart and probably shortening my life? Was working really worth that? She thinks I need to go ahead and file for my disability which I was told to do last year. *hanging head*. I thought I couldn't financially afford it but I recently find out that I could still work some and make enough to get by and still have some income if I couldn't. And boy, did she get on to me about the softball!!! Oh my! But at least she was listening and acting like she cared. You keep up the good work Sami. I think you are doing awesome!!!!!!

continued . . . . . . . . .
Old 04-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #33  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Well, i'm NOT going to even try an individual long post since the last 3 of you have lost yours! Geez, i get way too frustrated for that.

Judy~yes, the Epstein Barr still seems to affect me, i am very tired, a lot. Even if i sleep 8-9 hours, i still wake up tired. I HAVE to get exercising because i'm sure that would help and I am trying to take care of myself. My PLAN today is to take a 1/2 hour walk directly after work. I'll put my stuff in the car and go right across the street and walk along the river. No excuses!!!.......

Still no Charlie??.......oh well. But i'm keeping busy. May go to the Craft Fair this afternoon, when it's not so crowded. A new friend from Alpha and her husband may come with me! And sometime this weekend i'm installing a new kitchen faucet. Wish me luck. I've never done that before but i'm sure i can figure it out.

Must get to work.

Have a wonderful weekend! You are all in my prayers!
Old 04-24-2004, 11:04 AM   #34  
Southern Belle

Smile Saturday morning continued . . . . . .

~DeenieM~
Wow, Congratulations on the 21lb loss!!!!
I know it feels good to be lower than you have been in 5 years!!!! So proud of you!!!!! And it won't be long till you are like Sunny and in ONE-derland.

~standnngrace~That's wonderful that you are now eating to live!!!! Pat yourself on the back! That is a step that a lot of people never take. Thanks so very much for the uplifting verses!!! You are a treasure to us!!!

~Gary~ So glad to hear that Rylee likes her bottle. The scrapbook idea is a good one. I had never thought of it. You did tell Angie, to come post anytime, didn't you???

continued . . . . . . .
Old 04-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #35  
Southern Belle

Smile Saturday morning continued . . .

~Michele~

The craft fair sounds like a lot of fun! I love crafts! Glad you are making new friends with Alpha. I just love crafts! Dorry you haven't heard from Charlie, what is that boy thinking? Did I mention I just love crafts! Oh, *blushing* Good luck with the faucet!

~doitforme~Sue~
Congratulations on winning the crown!!! Alaska and Hawaii!!! WOW!!WOW!!

~
Eisenj~

Yummy, that ice cream sounds yummy! Walking the mall sounds like a GREAT idea!!! Good for you making the commitment and sticking to it!!!

~Sunny~

Hope you have fun with your breakfast with friends and grocery shopping. It sounds like you and Joe have a GREAT relationship!! Our oldest dd is babysitting today and just came and got our little one (7 yrs old) to play with the youngest of the two she's babysitting, so my dh and I are here alone. Wow, that is strange. I guess I ought to get off the computer and spend a little time with him, if I can get him to turn off the western.

continued . . . . . . .
Old 04-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #36  

Default Dieters devotions for April 24, 2004

April 24

Ephesians 4:27
Neither give place to the devil.

Satan would have us be much less than we have been created to be. He tempts us to gluttony and greed, then makes us feel weak and unworthy. He tries and tests us a thousand ways, and the harder we try to resist, the harder he works to thwart us. The only way to stand firm against the devil is to enlist the power of the Almighty God. Whereas Satan may have a field day with his human forces, he has no effect against God. When we give in to the temptation to indulge, we are really giving in to the plan of the devil to turn us from God. Follow the Lord at all times, and the devil will flee from you.
Today's thought: Chocolate cake is nothing but devil's food!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #37  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Looks like I am not the only one having problems with the posting

SHERRY-
I too have had problems with the errors coming up on this site [allot] lately and have lost posts in the past, so now what I have been doing is (with the exception of earlier, cuz I was in a hurry & I goofed up )... I bring up my e-mail as if I were sending a new letter and then write out my whole post and then after I am all finished I HIGHLIGHT the post and COPY IT off the e-mail; then go to the reply box on the site and PASTE IT there... then I finish the post with the IMAGES, etc. and then click on submit. Then if I lose it through the 'error' I still have the e-mail version to go back to if need be to copy again. It does make it less frustrating.

Yep! Joe & I had a great morning! We enjoyed our breakfast out with our friends, went to the grocery store, got home unloaded and then went to the park We walked 3.35miles in 53min and enjoyed every moment of it! You should have seen the turtles all basking in the sun!!!!! There had to be hundreds of them all different sizes. I forgot my digital, can you believe it! It would have made a great picture! All their heads were straight in the air We just got home not long ago and had some lunch - I had a Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad - yum! Now I am going to try again and catch up with you and the others Joe just went out and is going to mow & trim our lawn while the sun is still shinning. We are suppose to get a storm by early evening... so he has to make hay while the sun shines.

Oh... yes... Joe & I are best buds... We get along great - most times - we have our days --- I don't know many couples that don't... but most times we are all good with one another. Especially now that I feel better about my image. He said he see's allot of change in me. I enjoy life more if you can imagine that I could enjoy it more then I already do Joe doesn't get into TV much... he is very active - I barely can keep up with him on the weekends The only way I get him to sit still is with an action movie that I will rent on Sat. evenings or with the HGTV channel. Oh and he LOVES that new show on Sunday nights ~ The Extreme Home Makeover Show at 8:00... it is a GREAT Show and he reminds me of that one!

MICHELE -
I'll join you in going to the Craft Fair... I love going to those. I may not buy much, but I get allot of great ideas! Come back and fill us all in if you go, okay.

Sorry to hear that Charlie hasn't called you... you think maybe he's gone for work? Or has his weekend planned with his son? Or maybe time got away from him? Or maybe he's at his home wondering the same thing you are --- "I wonder why Michele hasn't called me all week?"

DEENIE M -
So sorry to hear that you lost your post as well... try doing what I told Sherry so you won't become to flustered with this site I think the 'error' happens when the boards become very active. At least it's what I have noticed.

CONGRATS! On being down 21#'s! Awesome!!! Soon you will be in "One"-derland! Cool! Keep up the great work!!!!

SAMI -
That is wonderful that Target donated the mats and weights - just too great! Sami, have you checked to see if your Potassium is low!??? If it is too low you will get leg cramps! Maybe look into it or ask your Dr. Try eating a banana after your workouts and if your legs feel the slightest bit better - you may be sweating out your Potassium. Also another good source of Potassium is Gatorade. I have a 4 oz glass after my hard workouts. Keep up the great work, but make sure you take good care of yourself. Sure do hope that the swelling go down soon! Oh yes - Potassium is a natural diaretic (sp?) too. So is Asparagus. Oh... also, did you know that if you are not getting enough rest for the energy you put out that you will hold on the water too... so rest is very important! Why do you think I am "in bed" now by 9:30/10pm... they don't call it "beauty rest" for nothin'

I am so happy to hear that I am helping you and anyone else with the drive to commit and achieve... it is hard work that is so well worth while! I have days of struggle, but I just put on my workout clothes and go... don't think about it at all. If I do I may not workout and I always feel better after I have done it.

I will hold your D-SIL, Denise, in my *prayers* too... I remember days like that in my past where all I did and wanted to do was sleep my life away. When I was depressed after my accident for many years I did that and had gained allot of weight. And the more weight I gained the worse it got - I just did not want to be seen. Then one day I just decided that it was my time and made some changes, but until I was ready - I was going nowhere. I will keep her in my prayers for sure!

Hope you have a good day with all you have to do! Send me some pictures to post, okay

JUDY -
I bet those Azaleas are beautiful!!! Joe & I have 3 Azalea Bushes around our home and they all bloom beautifully! And we have 2 Flowering Almond Shrubs that are gorgeous! Cannot wait to take pics and show you all.

SUE -
I am thrilled that you took the time to fill me/us in on what you do! Glad you got the crown! Yeah!!! Those kids are so blessed to have you so involved in what they do. And I know that the places you go to sure do appreciate you all as well! My D-SIL had MS (she has passed on now) and was in a nursing home for many years... we often go to them and sing - especially during the holiday's - they so enjoy it. Keep up the wonderful work! I can tell how much you care and love what you do! You have such a great big beautiful heart!

VALERIE -
Thanks so much for posting those readings! It is always great to be reminded... and each time I read I learn something new... it's so great! So glad you are enjoying this thread... it sure is great having some new blood join in

DANCE4JOY -
I am afraid I don't remember you... but I didn't remember Sherry under her new name either. What name did you have before? Or maybe I don't remember because I joined after you had already left? Come back soon!

ANGIE -
I am so very sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well! I didn't know
My D-BIL also had the problem you are having now and that's what he did too and it worked - the therapy. He said it took awhile, but it worked. I think he is just now getting back into running a bit and it's been over a year. Just be careful and make sure you are healed before you go back - if you go back - to running. So many are discouraging me from running, but I won't do it all the time... I just want to get in a good 15 to 20 min. of a good jog to get my heart-rate up is all. I will not be the runner you are.
Feel better real soon! {{{Hugs}}}

GARY -
Thanks for passing my message onto your wife
And thank-you so much for your encouragement! Your words (and all the CER's on this thread) mean the world to me! You guys are the ones that got me back on track again! You will never know how much you people mean to me! Is that possible??? With people you have never really met? Well, I think it is... I know that one day we all will meet for sure I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here on the board or make anyone feel that I love them less - it's just that... ... well... Gary, being that you are a guy - your words mean so much to me! I don't get praise from my father at all - I hear words of praise from my mom, but never my father... so I think that's why my Joe's & your words just mean extra
Thank- you so much Gary!
And Angie too... for sharing Gary with us all!!

SPROUT -
You are very welcome! I know how much you like it when I don't let it get too long and I don't mind at all beginning threads - in fact, I enjoy the honor you all have given me in doing that

Marilyn, it sounds as if you have come into allot of truth's lately... hard to face, but you are going to be a better person for it - you'll see. It's the test of fire that brings out the gold You sound like you are well on your way to a new beginning I will continue to lift you up in prayer.

CONGRATS in the loss of your 2 pounds and 3 inches!!! That is a great start! So glad to see you too have a graph - I think it's great motivation to see it going down... don't you

ANGEL -
How are you doing these days??? I know you had a treatment and I was just wondering how you are. It's been so long since you last visited us here and we have some new people that haven't had the pleasure of your company Come back real soon... {{{luvs and hugs}}}

WILMA -
We hope you will be able to stop in sometime this weekend and fill us in on all you have been us to lately I bet you are busy this weekend baking for the family, huh... miss you too!

Hi AGGIE - Get those taxes done? Hi CEEJAY!

I will be back to post again later for you all who are
interested in how to add images, okay I need a little break
from the computer right now, but I will be back.
I wanted to post that info separately for you.

*God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-24-2004, 02:55 PM   #38  
Southern Belle

Smile Saturday afternoon

Afternoon CEers!!!!
I just came by to see if anyone else was around. I see everyone is out running errands, gardening, exercising, working, etc... It's raining here and I'm trying to rest, so I'm inside and almost bored. Grant you, it's not cause I don't have things to do, I definitely do, but my dh won't let me ANY work this weekend, but rest. He is such a sweety!!! I just wish I didn't have to look at it while I rest.

Have a GOOD one!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 03:47 PM   #39  

Arrow Images

POSTING IMAGES ~

MICHELE & VALERIE you were closer then you realized to posting images

Here we go --- (maybe you will want to print this up to follow)
Well, what I do is this...

FIRST - you will OPEN A SEPARATE WINDOW from
the window you are in at 3FATCICKS --- by going to your START & then click on your INTERNET EXPLORER another window should open up for you then...

SECOND - you use that second window to go do a search with GOOGLE or EXCITE (whatever you choose) and type in FREE GRAPHICS, or GIFS or ANIMATIONS; then once you have found a site and the graphic you want...

THIRD - you will RIGHT CLICK ON THE IMAGE and then go to PROPERTIES at the BOTTOM; then you will click on PROPERTIES... when you do you will see a box come up with an ADDRESS ~ HIGHLIGHT the address and then RIGHT CLICK on the HIGHLIGHTED AREA and then click on COPY and then OK.

FOURTH - go back to where you are now posting -in the REPLY BOX- and RIGHT CLICK where you want the image to be and PASTE IT in. Now you want to make sure you surround it with the IMG CODE in the same way you do the BOLD or COLORS, SIZE, etc. i.e.: [IMG][/IMG]

Now some web-sites will not permit you to use their images even if they are free and may block you with a code of their own... so just keep playing till you find one that will show and stay on the post. I always save my favorite sites to my FAVORITES when I find one I can use. This way when you open a separate window it is easier to go to your FAVORITES or BOOKMARK and get to the site.

That's it!

**Something else I thought I would mention...
I write my whole post as I mentioned to SHERRY earlier and then once I paste what I have written into the REPLY BOX --- I go the where I want the BOLD, SIZE, ( COLORS or IMAGES, etc.) and HIGHLIGHT the word or paragraph and then while it's highlighted, just go click on the B, I, U, SIZE, or the IMG - to easily add the bracketed code I want when I want it. This way you aren't spending all your time adding them on to the beginning or the end /or/ adding it to the beginning (as VALERIE did trying to post the image she wanted) and not add the end code, therefore making it incomplete. Just HIGHLIGHT and CLICK it all. I frame each post in a color just by highlighting the whole paragraph or paragraph's I have written to you and then going to the color chart and clicking on the color I want... volia! So easy with this new format that the 3FATCHICKS have chosen

I wish you all the best of "LUCK"
Happy imaging

SunnyD

PS>>> Here is a great site to begin with ---
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/index.html

Once it comes up just SAVE that page to your FAVORITES or BOOKMARK it
in a way you will be able to find it again.
There are thousands of smilies here!
Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-24-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:23 PM   #40  
Southern Belle

Smile Back up

Hello CEers!!!!!

Glad to see we are back up. I really missed posting earlier but got busy with gardening and grocery shopping and just got back to the 'puter.

Hope everyone has a good evening!!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:02 AM   #41  

Talking We are back :c)

Good Morning SHERRY -
Looks as if you got quite allot done yesterday I did too... slept allot! Wasn't feeling very well... I stayed home from church and really (!) missed going! A Sunday just doesn't feel right when I haven't gone to church. Anyway, I am glad we are up and running again too --- missed everyone!

*~*~*

Good Morning Everyone!
I checked quite often yesterday to see if we were back up and nothing... I finally shut the computer down at around 7:30 and didn't check and here it was back up - Oh well... I was not well Saturday evening thru Sunday so I had some time and couldn't get on But now maybe we won't have so many of those errors come up

I am feeling allot better this morning. I think I just got run down after giving blood on Thursday and still keeping up the pace in my exercise routine. I am going to walk today, but a little later in the morning this morning.

Right now I must be going and getting my hubby's lunch made up.
See you all later...
Luvs,
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-26-2004, 07:39 AM   #42  
Southern Belle

Smile Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!!

Hope EVERYONE is doing fine this morning. I am very sleepy and trying to wake up, sipping . Couldn't sleep well until the wee hours this morning and then it was time to get up. Poo! I had a lot on my mind, dh is leaving this AM for a business trip, which means I have to take care of all our animals, garden, etc.....we have a game tonight, and we had a snake in our front yard last night beside the water hydrant. All that was going through my mind, etc.. I kept picturing that little snake waiting there for me to turn on the water hydrant, etc. I don't like snakes, they can make me hurt myself.

Sunny~
Good Morning! Hope this finds you feeling much better now!!!! {{{HUGS}}} You know it's not like I had a lot to post but just that I had the time to post and couldn't. I was going to post how to do graphics and you beat me to it. Although, you are the pro, I'm just learning. But absolutely love to be creative with lots of colors and pictures!!!!

Today, I am back ON PLAN. I have been so bad, but have no excuse with dh out of town. We grilled lean steaks last night, so all I have to do is put a salad and some veggies with it. I'm planning better this week. Well, guess I need to get my paperwork started for Monday morning (our main teaching day) and roll the kiddos out of bed for school.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SUPER DUPER MONDAY!!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:47 AM   #43  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's been a while since I've been here. We've had a busy weekend with company and also celebrating DS's graduation. He has his B.A. now but is continuing on with his history degree.

I went to Curves this a.m. and it felt really good to move the muscles again. They had tightened the machines over the weekend so I feel like I've had an extra workout.

Our company is here until after next weekend so I don't know how much posting I'll do but I'll be here when I can. Wednesday is official weigh in at Curves. I hope I show a loss somewhere! Wed. is also the day DS gets his wisdom teeth taken out. He'll be sore for quite some time. I'm thankful I had a holiday day coming to me so I could be there to drive him home after.

Well, gotta go. Talk to you soon!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:08 AM   #44  

Red face We'er back... again

I'm trying a new graphic site

Hi again SHERRY -
We are back again! I went to respond to you this morning and we were down again Something how we have become so attached to our home here

Yep, I am feeling much better - thanks for the hugs
Still feel tired, but I'll be fine... the chills are all gone. I always seem to become ill for a day or so after I give blood with chills and fatigue. I am going to still walk on my T-Mill this morning, just a little later in the day (around 11:00 instead of my usual 5am walk). I slept in a bit this morning... got up at 5:45 instead of 4:45

Our weather is cooler today and wet, big storms coming through - yuk. Goes right to your bones.

Good Luck with your game tonight!!!

Hi WILMA -
So good to see you
CONGRATS to your DS and his graduation -
a 'B.A.' --- Yeah!!!
Sounds like you had a really fun celebration.

Good for you getting to Curves already - I go again on Wednesday. They tightened our machines also, you can really feel the difference when they do and I like it. We also got another new machine... we only have one more to get to have them all. This one works the lat. muscles (side to side). I still enjoy Curves as if it were my first day

"LUCK!!!!" for your Wednesday 'Weigh-in' at Curves! I will be thinking of you and hoping for great results! Come back when you can and let us know the good news, okay

Enjoy your company! My best to your DS getting his wisdom teeth pulled... hope he heals quickly. My friend, Sandy (24yrs old), just had hers done also - & she did very well!

Later...
SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-26-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:51 AM   #45  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all!

Hope you had a great weekend! I did.........I DID go walking after work on Sat! it was a big deal for me, i even almost talked myself out of it thinking that I needed to go here, do this, blah, blah, but i put my stuff in the car and then went walking. Sometimes I get anxiety when i first start walking/exercising. It's happened for years, can't explain why, but i know it gets better if i just work through it and continue. Didn't get that icky feeling so that was good. Then the rest of the day I had SO MUCH energy i couldn't believe it! I did so to Home Depot and i bought a new faucet, and I came home and I installed it and it works perfectly! You cannot imagine how happy and proud i am that I could do this! I was so excited I had to call my dad in CA and tell him! All that pressure and upset and it wasn't such a big deal to fix. I did strain my neck, it's been sore since, but it'll go away. I then got my kitchen cleaned up. I was very productive this weekend, got some viola's and pink tulips planted. I feel so much better.

After church I had coffee with John! We talked for about 2 hours. He's a neat guy, really enjoy getting to know him. He gave me this great book and i've been into it since. It's called, What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutritional Medicine May be Killing You by Ray D. Strand, M.D. Well i'm just finding it very interesting.

Haven't heard from Charlie all weekend? Don't know what to think, Sunny maybe you are right, he might be thinking, why hasn't she called? But i'm not sure what to do. Wait it out, or call him. I'm inclined to wait.

Must get to work.
Closed Thread