Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 08:19 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *Christian Encouragers #182*

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-10-2004 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:26 AM   #2  

Smile *Happy Easter*

Let not your heart be troubled
Let not your soul be sad
Easter is a time of joy
When all hearts should be glad,

Glad to know that Jesus Christ
Made it possible for men
To have their sins forgiven
And, like Him, to live again . . .

So at this joyous season
May the wondrous Easter Story
Renew our Faith so we may be
Partakers of "His Glory!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-08-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  

Talking I'll be back

Here is a LINK(below) to the last CER's (#181)
for those who would like to catch up in reading ~
like me

CLICK on LINK:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...210#post558210

I'll be back to post as soon as I catch up
Whew! Allot to read

SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Thanks for moving us Sunny. I had been thinking that we should do it too!

I have just a couple of minutes to post. It's almost work time. I haven't even had my yet. I think I'll wait until I get there.

I have really done well with the snacking. I don't eat in the evenings anymore and if I get the munchies a few peanuts does the trick. I am also noticing it in my clothes. They are getting looser. I am going to carry on this way until I hit a plateau and then do something to change my eating up a bit.

This weekend we are hosting 2 dinners. On Good Friday we'll have DH's old aunts in and then on Sunday my family is coming over for dinner. It'll be a bit more work but I'm looking forward to it.

Next weekend DH and I have booked a cabin to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We're not into big parties and thought we'd like some time alone. We haven't seen much of each other lately and need to spend some time together.

I've gotta run now. Have a super day!
Old 04-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #5  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wow Wilma, 25 years?!!! That is so wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary and what sounds like some much needed time alone.

Guess we don't get any Easter smilies, but I wanted to wish everyone a blessed Easter! I've been invited to brunch at my Aunt's house, but I may just stay home.

Love the new thread and thanks Sunny for always being so good and directing people like me, who probably would get frustrated trying to find the new thread.... You are so good to us...

Today is going to be a great, OP, day! I'm determined to make it so. I'm kind of in a normal routine today and so i'm having my coffee now but having a shake for breakfast and i brought a salad for lunch. Time to get back on track. I'm feeling really icky about myself right now, so i need to do something.

Have a great day!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  

Smile Good Morning My Friends...

Good Morning CER's!

Sorry I have been MIA didn't mean to worry anyone... I was with my hubby all day Monday (he was off & is off again this Friday 4/9 & on Monday 4/12). Guess what we went to get on Monday!? I got a brand new ProForm Treadmill!!! It is so beautiful! I got it on sale at Sears for only $399.00! I paid that much for my old one 10 years ago with less bells & whistles. I just couldn't stand waiting on this weather any longer to get in my walks.

Tuesday morning I walked within my FAT-BURNING HEARTRATE of 110 to 115 for 1 hour and burned 208 Cal/96 of them Fat Cal. and went 2 miles. And Wednesday I walked 1 hour and burned 298 Cal/93.2 of them Fat Cal. and went 2 miles. The display on the treadmill has a graph for Heart Rate Training Zones (so cool!). Michael Thurmond (the weight-loss program I am doing along with Curves) wants you to work in your Fat Burning Zone and this is perfect! The T-Mill has a thumb Heart Rate Monitor that is so easy to use, so you are able to stay within your zone.

I haven't lost any more weight, but do see a difference in how my clothes feel. It's great! So 3 weeks into Michael Thurmonds program along with the Curves I have lost 7lbs And now I have a T-Mill

Don't know if I will be able to catch up ... you people have been busy! Soooooo good to see!

A BIG
to AGGIE and DEENIE!!
{{{Hugs}}} It is always so wonderful to have new people join in
So very happy to see you both!!

Hi SHERRY -
Congrats on your 7lb weight loss girl!!!!
That is wonderful!!! I am so proud and happy for you - it is hard work!!

I have been coping with allergy symptoms also - it's been terrible here! Both hubby & I have had sneezing fits like you wouldn't believe, nevermind the burning eyes! It's so bad this year from all the "wet weather" we've had and are STILL having! Sure do hope we get a break real soon! We are suppose to get snow flurries this Easter Sunday... yuck! All the daffodil's are trying so hard to bloom!

Yes... it has gotten real quiet here!! I so missed everyone when it was. That's why I haven't checked back here lately - well, on top of being so very busy getting ready for Easter. You have really livened it up here lately Sherry!!! It is so good to have you back!

I am so sorry you have had a bad couple days lately and the cough... I do hope you feel better real soon! *Prayers* for your recovery!

Hey there SAMI -
No need to worry, you are so precious!! I am doing real well. I did have a bad migraine headache on Wed - Friday of last week, but am feeling real good today! When I get those migraines it is so hard to see... cannot focus my eyes. You know...

It is so good to see you posting so much and to see that you are doing so well!!! I have heard of the "Stuff a Bear" shops - we have one in our mall, but I didn't understand it when you posted. They are so cute aren't they!?! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! We sure did have a great time at the Red Lobster!!!! I got Flounder stuffed with Crab meat served with a Ceasar Salad and Steamed Veggies and Joe got a 1 1/2lb Maine Lobster and was in his glory!!! We also shared a Vanilla Bean Cheesecake drizzled with Raspberry sauce - Soooooo YUMMY - ! I am glad we shared the dessert, it was just right and I don't feel like I back slid too much... it has been months since I had a dessert. Very enjoyable! Thanks for asking

Getting in your water, huh Tough to do at first... I drink anywhere's between 70-100oz a day now! I hardly ever wake up puffy anymore. It is great for fat burning too. I bet that your hair color and cut looks so adorable on you!!! Cannot wait to see your pics

Bravo on your weight loss!!!! So exciting that your friends noticed!! That had to feel wonderful!!!!! Keep up the wonderful job!!!! I just love seeing you around more Sami {{{Hugs}}}

To be continued...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-08-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #7  

Smile Continued...

Hi WILMA -
So good to hear from you again. You too are doing so well in not eating at night and watching your snacking I don't eat after 7pm either... it has made a huge difference for me! Isn't a great feeling to see your clothes get looser on you?!!! I know that I am loving it. I am not seeing much wt. change at the moment, but I don't let that discourage me anymore...
I just keep on trucking

Easter weekend is going to be very busy for us as well... we had a 2hour practice this past Tuesday for our Easter music and have Good Friday Services to sing for as well. Your weekend with the hubby for your 25th Anniversary sounds WONDERFUL!!!! A cabin, huh... sounds like a great idea for my hubby & I this coming anniversary - it would be really nice to get away from "the phone" for a few days. You will have a marvelous time!
So very happy for you!

Hi SPROUT -
Love your readings and stories... they are always very insightful!
I too hope that you are feeling better soon and will be able to get back to your Curves again. Have you spoken to your Curves about the time away ill??? If you get a note from your Dr. you can have credit towards your Curves the days you missed being ill. You should ask about it & speak with the owner of your Curves. I hate to see you lose out on your money because of your illness. I am sure they would work with you...

Hi SUE -
You PC crashed huh... Bummer!!!!
Glad to it up and running again & to have you back !!

Nope! Our weather is still really crummy! Waiting for the clouds to clear still! and so are all our flowers In fact it is pouring out right now!!! Yucky weather!!!!!

Hi GARY -
Always wonderful to see you here! It's rare these days
Sounds like your DD did very well at her tennis matches and that the Hawaiian Wedding was a blast!!! DS is doing well with coaching and job and Step-D is doing well with soccer... How was her tournament over the weekend?? Hope all went well. So sorry to hear of your nephew, Ron, getting into some trouble. Hope it was all cleared up after he went to apologize to her. Did they take him back?

Are you going to do the reading on Good Friday? We are doing the music for Good Friday... a busy weekend for us all. We are going to spend Easter Sunday with Joe's sister, Anne, and her family. We always have a good time and great food while we are there --- it will be a lovely day in spite of the undesirable weather we are having here. The Lord Rose and it did not matter what the weather was doing

Yep... I am doing Curves (2x a week) * T-Mill (everyday for 1 hour) * Sculpting Bands (2x a week) * Elliptical (2x a week)... now you know why I haven't been posting much

*Special Prayers* for you DBIL, Mike, during his testing...
And for the family who just lost their father and husband at only 48 yrs old!!! That's only a yr older then I am so scary! My heart goes out to them and so do my prayers!

LOVE!!!!!!!! Your pictures of Rylee... she is so adorable and growing so very fast!
What a beautiful dog!

To be Continued...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-08-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:48 AM   #8  

Wink All done

Hi ANGEL -
Thank you so much for the Beautiful Easter Wishes!!!!
Just loved the card! Continued *Prayers* for your family and your son (& his family).
I know how much you are struggling... ***God's Blessings, Charlotte***

And then there's MICHELE -
Sorry that things didn't go well with Charlie on your last visit with him... and that your group is no longer coming together. Why did they quit? Or is it just done for the summer?

Harrah for you in passing your test!!!! So now you will be licensed as an Insurance Agent, huh - so cool!!! Will you quit your job, or just do that along with your job?

How are you feeling these days? I know your back was bothering you again - is it better?? How has your energy level been? Hope you have only good health and much happiness!!! Thinking of you and praying for you as you begin anew today
Feel better soon {{{Luvs & Hugs}}}

Well gang... it feels like I have been at the computer for a lifetime.
I have to go and get in my workouts for today.
Take Care all and in case I am not able to get back before Easter Sunday - you all have a most Blessed Day with your Families and Friends!!!

Love you guys bunches and bunches!!!
Always,
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-08-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:10 AM   #9  

Red face Where O' Where is our Connie?

Is there a CONNIE buzzing (lurking) around here lately???
Seems to me you haven't posted in quite a few days either.
We just got you back! Don't leave us now

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-08-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #10  
Southern Belle

Smile Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!

I'm feeling a little better this morning. I'm off so I sleep in and now I'm sipping my and trying to come to life. I think most of problem was lack of sleep with trying to fight the infection. I still have lots of fluid behind my right ear cause I'm still echoing. And my poor little DD's voice is the worse echoer. And the high pitched cartoons!!! The kids here are out of school today, tomorrow and Monday for "spring break". The oldest DD is babysitting.

SUNNY!!!!!!! So glad to see you back!!!!!!!!! And thanks so much for starting the new thread as well as moving us. I thought it was a good idea to move. That helps Aggie and I since we have been posting over "there" anyway. Girl, you had us all worried about ya. Hope everything is fine and you have just been on the busy bus lately. We ALL know about that one!! Lots of reading to catch up on, look forward to hearing more from you.

Wilma~Sounds like you have a busy weekend with your dinners. I'm kinda of glad I don't have to worry about that. We don't have family around close so it will be quiet.
Congratulations on your 25 years of marriage!!!!!! That is a major accomplishment this day in time. And going to the cabin sounds wonderful!!!! That's my kind of anniversary.

Michele~ Good to hear from you too. You are going to be ON PLAN today and do GOOD!!! It's that positive thinking that will get you there. Have a good one!!!

Well, coffee is running out and I've got lots to get done today. I didn't get much done at all yesterday with feeling bad. So, it's up to do housework!!! Yuck!!! But somehow it doesn't get done by itself. Cya later!

Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  
Southern Belle

Smile continued

Sunny!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOO happy that you are back!!!! You surely Brighten up the place in many more ways that one. WOW, so GREAT about the T-Mill!!!!:treadmill: It's truly amazing how much stuff they can put on one now. You almost need an Engineer's degree to operate them. And girl you have the endurance!!!! ONE WHOLE HOUR?!?!?!?!? Wow!! I know I'm impressed. But you are in the ONE-DERFUL AREA NOW!!!!!
Keep up the GOOD work!!! Those inches and lbs will be falling and sliding off the T-mill as you are working out!

Have a GOOD ONE!!!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 01:43 PM   #12  

Smile Sherry

Aren't you kind... you made my day today
Sure do hope yours is going well today and that you are feeling better.

1 hour is so easy to do on this T-Mill, you would be amazed! I still have to get in my workout today - I was going to do it when I signed off this morning, but got side-tracked (easy yo do with me ). The only day I will not do any exercise is on Sundays ~ it is my day to completely rest for the next weeks run of exercising.

What are your plans for Easter? Coloring eggs with the family?

This Saturday Joe & I are going to color a couple dozen eggs... we each get a dozen to do He likes to do stripes and I am more of a pastel person & then I use wax paper and buff them all up so they shine. It is so much fun. We aren't doing chocolates this year... safe then sorry

And tomorrow Joe & I are putting out about 12 loaves of Cinn. Bread as gifts for Easter (our neighbors and people at church & a loaf or two for Easter dinner). That will pretty much take up the whole day. The smell is wonderful in here while we bake .

Thanks again, Sherry...
Where is everyone else today?
Busy getting ready for Easter weekend I guess.

"Have a Blessed Easter Sunday Everyone!"
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-08-2004, 01:43 PM   #13  

Default Happy Easter everyone

Thought I should check in other than the devotions that I post.

Am finally feeling better. Over the flu and cold but last night hubby went to bed early not feeling well at all - still not up to par this morning - so don't know whether we have another 'bug' in the house or not.

Back from my cancer visit - all went well, doc said all looks ok - am to see him again on June 2 for a consulation / exam to discuss follow up visits for the next 4 years.

Then we travelled to see my mother who has just turned 86. Haven't been able to see her for 2.5 years. Was a very good visit, all went well. It was short but that is ok as long as we were able to see her.

Curves - unfortunately I have discontinued my membership there, they refunded all the monies. Long story behind it all but the short of it all is that there were 2 women that were uncuth and rude, whining terribley, and just plain making things uncomfortable for some of us. I just felt I could not continue going there knowing that there was this kind of 'nit picking' going on.

The upside of it all though is we have another women's workout with similar machines - actually some of them are better I think. I have taken out a 3 month membership with them. They have been in town now for 2 months, and just starting to get a nice cliental - about 100 women so far. They have a few benefits that I don't think Curves had but could be wrong. For instance if you are ill for any length of time they will automatically extend your membership by that time. Also should you be away on holidays they will extend your membership for that also.

Today I went for my first workout - it feels so good to be back doing this.
I have set a goal for the next 3 months - took my starting weight today and am going to work on losing 30 pounds by July 10 - it means I am really going to have to be serious. This is a lot of weight to lose in 3 months but I have a lot to lose so this would give me a great jump start.

Well, have to run - have a few other sites that I manage at msn.groups and need to update them - then back to teaching my kiddos there school. Son is doing so much better!!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #14  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Marilyn~glad to see you back! Glad things went well at the Dr.'s. Sorry hubby isn't well.

Aggie~so proud of you that you had the strength to say no to your well meaning friend. It's hard to do that, but you did.

Sunny~How does Joe dye eggs in stripes? and I've never heard of buffing the ggs but you've peaked my curiousity. I must try that! Sounds like you'll be one busy lady with the baking and eggs and church and family, whew! And not to mention your workout routine. I'm glad you've found what works for you. You are doing so well and a true inspiration. I could actually smell the bread when you mentioned it.

I am OP today, but i'm feeling a little down...... Not sure why. I'm happy to be doing good food-wise though.

Sherry~you sound like you are doing well also my friend. But you may have to get that ear looked at, huh? Don't let it go, cuz i think you can get an infection pretty easily with that.

I'm tired, waking up tired. Think the Epstein Barr is back because i've been too busy lately. So i'm trying to not beat myself up over it, going to bed and not feeling guilty. But i need to really start taking a good supplement and regularly.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 04-08-2004 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #15  

Default Dieters devotions for April 8, 2004

April 8

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Jeff made his living as a night watchman at a large company. He sat for hours at a console that housed a bank of television screens. For his efforts, he pulled a sizable paycheck. Many of Jeff's friends criticized him for getting so much for doing nothing. His reply, 'Hey, if they're willing to pay it, why shouldn't I get it?' Too often people look for ways of getting something for nothing. As God's children, we should always be looking for ways to be the best people we can be, not cutting corners, but committing ourselves to the pursuit of God's pleasure.
Today's thought: Today I will be the best dieter I can be!
Closed Thread