3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Christian Encouragers-Autumn, 2014

Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Christian Encouragers-Autumn, 2014

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

3/10/14 Started Atkins @ 199 pounds.
7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
Highest weight ever: 260
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Decided to start a new fall thread to see if we can get going again. We've had a lot of illness and the passing of 2 of our anchors seems to have hit us hard, but we are here to help and support each other along the way, so we can keep on keeping on, as they say.

We've had some real changes in our life this last month. Two of our granddaughters, ages 6 & 8, have moved in with us, so we have a very full house! Our 2 sons are also living at home to save money for the future (one's just started college locally), so it's been a time of adjustment for all of us! The boys have been a blessing, though, as they are very good with their nieces and enjoy babysitting occasionally. We decided not to homeschool, as I'm just feeling tired and not sure I can deal with some of the issues that may come up. We may only have them a year, but it could turn into several years, or more, plus, there may be a learning disability involved, so we have them in school and they are loving it already! Great Christian teachers and a very supportive staff, along with a couple counselors who are trying to help them and us with the adjustment.

Prayers appreciated, of course. Their parents are getting divorced and we are told, now, that my step-son is diagnosed bipolar schizophrenic. Any who've been around here for a while know that my mother has that, so I'm very familiar with the effects of living with a mentally ill parent. He's in jail right now for making a very poor decision and the mother may be charged with child neglect for not taking the 8 year old to the doctor after she was nearly buried alive in a corn silo (severe bruising all over her back) and also had fallen from a hayloft (15 or so feet) a couple days before. We told them we would take the girls if it would give them a chance to get their lives together and straighten out financially, but, instead, our son decided to get into trouble. Just don't know what to do with him or his wife, but we can take care of the girls and love them and protect them.

We're trying to convert our dining room (unfortunately, it's open to the living room) into a bedroom for the girls and putting up temporary walls of that extruded styrofoam board. We figure they can also use it as bulletin board for their artwork and it will cut some of the noise from the rest of the house after they go to bed each night. They are doing well and we're trying to settle into a routine.

Hope you are all doing ok. Prayers continue for Karen, Bargoo, and all others mentioned in the prayer thread. God bless!

3/10/14 Started Atkins @ 199 pounds.
7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
Highest weight ever: 260
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #3

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Hi, ronni, so good to hear from you. My situation and yours are the same, only reversed. I am moving in with my son and family, don.t want to but it is the only thing that makes sense. My 2 boys serve as my drivers taking me to chemo and other necessesary chores ,banking , etc.
ronni, I wil pray for peace and harmony in your family.
Please pray that I will find peace and harmony with my family.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.