Lent - Resisting temptation

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Anyone want to join me in resisting temptation - especially now until Easter? There's temptation everywhere, let alone those negative thoughts/emotions in our head Let's be strong for Our Lord. It doesn't matter what faith you are. Come join me.
  • Day 47

eating plan - in range
    exercise - 30 minute dvd
    Just went to an aerobics class, too!

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
  • I am giving up bread - - a true sacrifice for me, but one that will also hopefully help me lose weight.
  • I'll join. There are a few things I want to give up for lent, actually all together really.
    Yelling
    Swearing
    Distrust
    Worries!
    Any negative emotion really.
    lol
  • Welcome, EasySpirit and abetterme! Looking forward to being strong together.

Today
    calories in range
    Exercise - dvd
  • I also had a thread going in weight loss support (I think) about lent. I have given up cheese, facebook & swearing. I'm also learning cross stitch.

It's good to see so many people working towards positivity!
  • Eh..today has been frustrating. I had to think to myself, don't yell don't yell..could have been better but I wasn't horrible.
  • Today and yesterday were tempting days for me, too, abetterme!. I don't know why. But I shall get through this! Sheesh! As long as we're in this together, things will get better.
  • I agree. One day at a time.
  • Day 45 So far, so good.

Happy Friday! TGIF
  • I'm not Catholic but I am joining in on Lent. I think it's a good thing to do.

For Lent, I am giving up:
    Alcohol
    Cheese
    Gluttony (overeating)

I also am trying to develop a strong relationship with God, and focus on doing nice things or charitable acts.

For good measure I'm also trying to do at least 1/2 hour of exercise every day during Lent- I have been ill and my exercise had gone by the wayside. So I'm trying to get back into it now.
  • EagleRiverDee I'm so glad to have a "cheese" ally... Most people you tell you're giving up cheese and they look at you like you're crazy

I feel strangely at peace since I made the commitment to this. Like what I'm working towards is happiness more than any of my specific goals. I almost lapsed today on the Facebook, but I can do it
  • Radiojane-

Likewise, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one too! Cheese is my kryptonite. I can avoid cakes, cookies, pies, etc. But you put something out that's all melty, gooey and loaded with cheese? I crumble like cracker.
  • Me too!
  • You guys are funny! Thanks for making me laugh! Humor will save us all. lol

Day 44 Rather than count calories, I'm going for health. (Trying to give up things that are not good for my body - like processed foods.) Today I was very mindful of what I put in my mouth. I also walked briskly for half an hour. (That's a big deal on a Saturday, because I'm lazier about exercise on the weekends.)

Best of luck to all of us.