Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rose bud was loved by so many just like Gary was . I miss them both they helped me so much and others too. I feel them both here even though they are both in Heaven watching over this site.

Oh this computer needs its brain exrayed! It is really scrambling my brain!

Just know I am praying for all of you, and cherish your time with your loved ones. I am going to do my best to check in often for I didnt and Gary was gone and I didn't now Rose bud is gone. I do not want to loose Ronni, Bargo ,Dee or Trish....
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #62  

Stress...stress... wish i could do this to stress!

praying for all of you every night.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #63  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Bootsie-I'll pray for your stresses to leave!

Please pray for my DH today. We have a new small group church meeting starting tonight. Please pray that he won't start coming up with silly excuses to not go to any more of them. I can foresee things like…"They have more money than us, so we have nothing in common" "They're farmers and have more money than us, so we have nothing in common" "They live in the big town, so we have nothing in common" He's a master of coming up with 'reasons' we can't socialize or be friends with others. We haven't had any kind of social life for years because of his judgmental attitude and it even causes problems for us going to church, because he's one of those who says "There are too many hypocrites there for me to go"---Kinda driving me crazy. He needs to see that he's not perfect and that no one's any better or worse, just human, and we all need God and to support each other. He has been going to church with us for about a year now regularly, but sometimes, those judgmental attitudes creep in and he just doesn't seem to be able to see how his opinions are not necessarily correct.

Anyway, I'm just hoping these new in-home small groups are the opening for him to meet some new people and really get to know them and, in the process, get to know more of how God wants us to live & believe. Thanks!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:01 AM   #64  

Praying for you and your husband, for he and all were made unique ,very special made, God put something special in all of us, for it would be a boring world if we were all alike. Hope all went well if not just like housework,dieting don't give up on him. My husband has not much to say unless it is on a cow,goat,dog or cat. Maybe find out someone who likes the same thing so they will have something to talk about., kinda accidentally sit across from them and start up a conversation. When my husband starts talking hard to stop him so we can leave. Gotta love him! Ha!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #65  
wishin' for sun!

The first meeting went very well….it was a dinner, of course, and mostly for getting to know each other. Turns out that the couple that sat next to us, who's boys had played football with our boys in high school, but we hadn't met, had actually lived in the same town where DH grew up and our boys were born in the same hospital! DH seemed to really enjoy getting to meet them and talk about the old town, as well as meeting some of the others we hadn't met before. It was an answered prayer for sure!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello and I'm back and need some prayers for my hubby..

My Hubby hasn't been feeling so good since about Thanksgiving. He started with a head and chest cold and then never really has bounced back. But anyway, and probably has nothing to do with the cold, last week I told him his eyes looked yellow. Well of course he couldn't see it. But then he did go ahead and make an appt. with the Dr. And his skin is yellow now too. We had to be at the VA clinic in Mt.Vernon at 8:30--it is about an hour away on Wednesday. The Dr. thought it was hepatitis but wouldn't know for sure until all the blood work got back whether it was A, B or C-- He called Thursday morning and it isn't Hepatitis so they want more blood work done and an ultrasound of his liver and pancreas. We had to be there at 7:30 yesterday morning. The ultrasound shows an obstruction,maybe a growth or a lot of gall stones, between the liver and pancreas. So now we will be headed to Fayettville on Wednesday morning for a cat scan of that. Sure hope they can find out what is going on and get him better. He has lost 10 pounds and he can't afford to lose any weight!! So that has been my week!

Even though I haven't posted much lately I have been reading your posts and continue to send prayers..
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #67  

Ronni how awesome how the Lord worked in your life! So happy for you and your husband. Prayers being said for your husband and you. Tired tonight going to call it a night.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #68  
wishin' for sun!

Karen-prayers going up! Hope those docs find out what's wrong quickly and have a good fix for it! God heals and I'll keep praying!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #69  

One of my animal friends died Ruffus, Cat, I thank the dear Lord he shared him with me but sure do miss him and so does his buddy Rueben.

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-21-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #70  
wishin' for sun!

Bootsie-so sorry about the loss of your furry friend. It's so hard to lose them, isn't it? Our pets just become parts of our families. Prayers for you.

Karen-Prayers for your DH's cat scan today and for wisdom for the docs.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #71  

Ronnie just looked at how much weight you lost! Congratulations!
Praying for all here and also for all the animals out in the cold.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #72  

Still waiting to hear from the Dr. I hate waiting!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sorry, I've been MIA around here.

Bootsie I really miss Gary and Rosebud too. I've got friends here at church home who are battling cancer. Our Pastor told us at Wednesday night small group meeting that they have learned that the cancer of one of them is not curable. It is shrinking with treatment and we are praying it doesn't spread. This woman is so precious and loves the Lord so much. I really pray that she will be all right. Sorry to hear of the loss of your little pet. Did you get the freezing weather there in TX? I'm beginning to miss TX and wish I could go home and be close to my family. My Daddy is 90 yrs young and I surely do miss him.

Ronni My DH and I just started back to small group meetings at our church. He always enjoyed going, but the Pastor would as him to pray and he doesn't feel comfortable praying in public. The crazy thing is that we head up the internet prayer ministry for our church and when DH sends out the prayer lists each week and also during the week when we receive new requests, he writes the most beautiful prayers. He says it is easy to do it when you have time to think about what you are writing which is quite different from doing it on the spur of the moment in front of people. When he got sick, we quit going to small groups because we had physical reasons for not being able to be there. However, when we could have gone back, he wouldn't go. He did ask the Pastor one time not to call on him to pray, but he is so busy with so much on his mind that he forgot and asked Tony to pray one night. I finally told DH last Sunday that I had signed us up for Wednesday night. It is usually a larger group and my lady friends go to that group and I would feel more comfortable going to it with out him. I let him know that he could go or not, but I was going. I was shocked that day when he told me he was going with me and I have to tell you that we both had a wonderful time. It was just what we have been needing. Glad your hubby went with you and I'll be praying our hubbies will continue to go with us.

Karen I surely will be praying for you and your DH that whatever the problem is that God will give the doctors wisdom as to what it is and how to successfully treat it.

Prayers continue for all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #74  

Still haven't heard-- hoping to hear tomorrow but if not by noon I think my DH will call and see if he can't find out something.. So frustrated!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #75  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

Hi I am a christian , can I join you all. I am from Oregon but now living in
Tempe,az , I have lost 7 pds......
sasyblond401 is offline   Reply With Quote