3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Christian Encourager's -- OCTOBER 2013

Old 10-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #16
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRISH -- so glad that you found the eating style that suits you best; and that you are having such great success ...

THANKS, DH is doing well this week; he has been very calm. Our furry baby did get to go for a nice tour of the area tonight after dinner, thanks to his buddy DH, but that good boy came back on his own within the hour (all pooped out). THANK YOU, GOD for keeping him safe as there have been a lot of coyotes out this week during the night ...

I'm feeling a bit better; it was the breathing part that bothers me most, so we are off to bed early. Had a nice rib and scallop dinner with DAD & GRACE & SISTER, DH and I (BIL will be sorry he missed this one). We had fun playing a game of cards; then we dug into the pie for a late dessert. We will be having a turkey dinner tomorrow as they have to go back home early.
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #17

S/C/G: 238/217.6/135

Height: 5'2'

Rosebud I forgot this is y'alls Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS!!!

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
Rosebud

THANKS, TRISH -- we had a really nice Thanksgiving dinner yesterday; all tasted great and dear brother helped out a lot. So glad he did as this flu has been knocking me for a loop, so I did the turkey and stuffing (praying for strength from JESUS that the pain would go away when I take a breath), then I helped with clean-up detail with dear brother again (he did the food and I did the dishes, pots & pans, & clean-up detail). We even had DH carry a few dishes to the kitchen for me to give him something to do too.

Today is my BIRTHDAY too, so I am not doing anymore work (just made meals for DH & I). We have piles and piles of leftovers that we can reheat those for a few days. BIL's birthday is on the 16th so he wants to get us a DQ ice cream cake on that day (or near it) as I have never had one before. That should be nice. I am thanking GOD for this day especially, as you can well imagine (I did the dinner graces for everyone too).
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 10-14-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Good evening everyone. I'm hoping you all don't mind me joining you. I've decided that this if finally my time to get this extra weight off. I have put it off long enough. With that said I also need accountability and support. I'm hoping I've come to right spot.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #20

S/C/G: 238/217.6/135

Height: 5'2'

Ladybug. Glad to have you here.

Rosebud HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry you are sick and I sure hope you feel better soon. Have you been to the doctor about the flu? Don't let it go to pneumonia girl. Praying for you.

Thinking of Bargoo a lot and praying for her. Sure hope she is ok. Didn't feel good about her falling.

I've had 3 good days OP. Found a group who combines Weight Watcher's with their low carb eating. Some eat lower carbs than others but still low carb. I decided to start doing that today instead of counting calories. Counting the pts is going to work great for me because it is helping me to eat correct portions. I actually have felt great today. I feel like y'all are a big part of me finding my way of eating because y'all prayed for me. My victory is "our" victory.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
Rosebud

LADYBUG: glad you decided to join us here. We had a huge infestation of ladybugs here this week; they are everywhere, but I luv your moniker just the same.

THANKS TRISH -- I am breathing a bit better as we speak; must be all your prayers. I will be seeing my doctor on Thursday this week and will mention this flu to them, of course. I am also hoping it will be considerably better by then as well. I appreciate your prayers so much too.

BARGOO -- I also hope you are feeling better, esp after your fall. Gotta be careful friend; take good care of yourself. Prayers continue for you and your tests and results ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 10-14-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Rosebud- sorry it's late, though Hope you had a great day and that you're feeling better.

Welcome to Ladybug! Glad to have you here!

We found out that DH's mom and sister have decided not to come to this week's game, as it's going to be very, very cold and MIL just found out she has fluid on her heart. The doc told her to 'take it easy' so she decided not to come down and yell at a football game, plus the nearly 2 hour drive to get here. Not sure yet what the docs are going to do regarding the heart issue. It's also slightly enlarged, which they knew a while back, and they found that she has a slight emphysema, as well. I knew she'd been looking more her age lately (she's 85), but she's always been a very tough, strong lady, so it's been a rather sudden change. DH is a bit worried. She's taking it all in stride, though.

My sister and her hubbie got to mom's yesterday evening, so might spend some time with them today. They're coming to DS3's game tonight, so I sure hope he gets to play a bit. His hand is doing much better, but still gets pain if he bends his fingers back so he tapes it up really well for practices and games.

Otherwise, the weather's turned chilly and the leaves are falling. Garden's done, except that I need to finish digging sweet potatoes and take down the bean supports. Guess I have my work cut out for me We also managed to get tickets to see Sanctus Real and a couple other Christian bands in concert tomorrow evening and my sister and her DH said they would come too, so that will be fun! DS3 is bringing his girlfriend also.

Hope you all have a blessed day and fun weekend!

3/10/14 Started Atkins @ 199 pounds.
7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
Highest weight ever: 260
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! It's so quiet here lately. I know we're all missing our Rosebud and Bargoo, but know that God's watching over them and helping the medical people treat their cancers in the best way they can. Just keep lifting them both up in prayer and their families too.

It's gotten fairly cold here this week, with some snow flurries and about 1/3" accumulation on the grass and bushes on Tuesday! So, I've just been putzing around the house. Did have to go to town today for groceries, though. Got the sweet potatoes dug and have a couple huge ones, plus many smaller and fingerling size.

DH bid the new job, but hasn't heard about who's getting it yet. Might hear something tomorrow, I guess. He has the option to not take it, but we'll see what he decides.

Hope everyone's having a nice week and enjoying some of the fall weather. Prayers continue for Bargoo and Rosebud. Hugs for you both!

3/10/14 Started Atkins @ 199 pounds.
7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
Highest weight ever: 260
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.