Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WHEW!! Happy Easter everyone! He IS Risen Indeed!! I just found the new thread--- I was so lost and couldn't figure out why no one was posting--- Prayers continue for all and I will get back and read all the posts that I have missed later--- getting ready for church and then Easter dinner with family at my sisters home!! So glad that I found you again!!!

Gary and Angie-- just want you to know I continue to pray for you everyday! God Bless you and your family.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI KAREN ~ Yes, I noticed that some people were having trouble finding the new thread, so I had a moderator close the old one. We have to start a new one after 500 posts. Maybe I should have numbered it or something like that, but I did put a green arrow hoping that you all would notice it ...

Hope you all have a wonderful EASTER SUNDAY today ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Our precious Risen Lord is soooo Good. I prayed all week that the rash I had would be well enough for me to go to church today and Praise God I was able to go. Wonderful celebration of our Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. I loved what our Pastor said today as he spoke of how there is no Christianity if you don't believe in the resurrection. His Dad and a few men in our church have gone home to be with the Lord this year. So many times we say "I lost my loved one, etc" He said "My Dad and those who have gone on are not lost. I know where my Dad and those (he named the men) they are. They are in Heaven". What a blessed statement. I remember years ago going to visit my Mama's grave with my Daddy and sisters. They were crying and still grieving after such a long time. As I walked up the walk wondering what was wrong with me because I didn't feel like they did. As I asked the Lord about it, I looked up into the sky and it was as if the Lord let me see my Mama standing with Him and He spoke to my heart "Your Mother is among the living, she isn't among the dead". Oh the peace that gave me because I had the assurance of where she is. We do have Wonderful and Might God.

I too thought of Gary and Angie and their family today. They are on my heart and in my prayers so much more these days. I pray being home his own surroundings and those loved ones around him will lift his spirit and give him the strength by God's Grace for his recovery. He is such a wonderful witness to so many and has blessed and touched the hearts of so many of us. Never met you Gary but you are a blessed brother who has meant so much to me as you have to all of us. I pray you and your family have a blessed Easter.

Prayers continue for everyone.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #79  
Rosebud

Quote:
I loved what our Pastor said today as he spoke of how there is no Christianity if you don't believe in the resurrection. His Dad and a few men in our church have gone home to be with the Lord this year. So many times we say "I lost my loved one, etc" He said "My Dad and those who have gone on are not lost. I know where my Dad and those (he named the men) they are. They are in Heaven". What a blessed statement. I remember years ago going to visit my Mama's grave with my Daddy and sisters. They were crying and still grieving after such a long time. As I walked up the walk wondering what was wrong with me because I didn't feel like they did. As I asked the Lord about it, I looked up into the sky and it was as if the Lord let me see my Mama standing with Him and He spoke to my heart "Your Mother is among the living, she isn't among the dead". Oh the peace that gave me because I had the assurance of where she is. We do have Wonderful and Might God.

TRISH ~ yes, I had a similar experience at my mother's funeral -- she was a strong Christian lady and I kept thinking, "She's not here; she's in heaven!" I had such a sense of peace ...

This is the whole message of the RESURRECTION -- becuz HE HAS RISEN, we can know that we will too. We will live on in the next life with GOD, OUR LORD JESUS, and all our loved ones & friends.

Our family has been hit hard with cancer, as you all know; and we have lots of loved ones who have gone on before us. So we rejoice today that they are all living and well, and at peace, in our heavenly home above; and we will see them all again!!! PRAIZE GOD!!! THANK YOU, JESUS!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-31-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I had a friend who would say, My Father lives in San Jose my Mother is in Heaven rejoicing. What a wonderful thought,
We had a wonderful church service today. Topic of Pastor's sermon. Jesus Lives.
After service anyone that wanted, and most did, could stay and join in singing the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel 's Messiah. What magnificent work of music that is.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #81  
Rosebud

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I had the chills & a fever today, so I had to go to the hospital -- turns out that I was dehydrated from not eating and drinking since the AM when we went shopping. You know, you plan to be home for lunch but it takes longer than you think. So prayers that my temperature stays under 38.0 C (or 100.4 F) from now on. The next 3 days are important becuz that is when my blood platelets can drop too low, which also can cause fever too.

I also have to start carrying water, and face masks, and sanitizer & wipies for my protection, whenever I go out anywhere. I literally have no immune system anymore, so I am very vulnerable to every virus/bug out there. THANKS, WARRIORS!!!

PLUS, My BIL's Mother -- DONNA MORTON ~ was out for a walk today and was hit by a car. She suffered a broken wrist (a re-injury which they can't operate on becuz of her age), has a sore back, and hit her head on the ground/road. She is quite shaken up; and was traumatized & frightened by the incident as she is 89 y/o. I know the lady who hit her feels terrible too.

I need my temperatures to stay normal so that my BIL can go stay with his mother for a few days; then my sister will take me to the local hospital if that ever comes up while he is away. THANKS AGAIN ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #82  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers going up for you, Rosebud, and your BIL's mom-very scary! Take good care of yourself and keep yourself protected from the bugs everywhere.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Prayers going out for you Rosebud . I'm praying hard that your fever goes away and stays normal and also that your BIL's mom feels better very soon. Gosh it could have been so much worse. ALso prayers for the lady who hit her... I'm sure she feels terrible.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #84  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

New to this thread, but love all the positive energy. My dh and I have been struggling with our faith. He is a new Christian ( baptized two months ago!! hurray). I have been a Christian since childhood, but cannot say that I walked the walk.
Lately, now that our children are getting older and I am at a new stage in my life, I'm finding that God has been calling me to live better. Not just in how I eat or treat my body, but in how I raise my kiddos and how fruitful I am to the Kingdom of God. The Bible talks about fruitfulness and that faith without works is dead. I don't want to be cut off from the vine because I ignored the calling......I think about that a lot. My husband feels like he isn't good enough for God. He feels he is always falling short. I think we are under attack. I feel like we should be rejoicing and praising God for everything He has done in our lives. But instead, I seem to be living in fear and doubt.
I would really appreciate some prayers. We have five kiddos two boys 7 & 11 and three girls 9, 10, and 12.
Weight loss is going good for me. I feel more dedicated than ever. Sometimes I feel like I pour more energy into my vanity (weight) than I do God......
RoseBud- I will pray that your fever goes down and infection stays away. I will pray your platelet levels dropping don't cause a fever.
God Bless.
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #85  

Rosebud, praying that chills and fever will go way and that your temp stays down. Praying that those platelets will not drop too low.
Praying that Donna will soon recover from her injuries.
Gonna Get There Soon, Welcome ! Praying that you will be blessed in your Christian walk.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #86  
Rosebud

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS ~ my temps stayed under 38.0 C today -- yay! My left calf is bothering me with swelling, redness, and soreness (I had broken it in the past). Either I have aggrivated it or the chemo is causing it, or both; so I am praying that it will heal completely, once and for all.

DONNA is still in the hospital for observation, but is doing well. The doctors also told her that it was a miracle that she wasn't hurt more. Her grand-daughter feels badly becuz she was going to drive her home but had to go somewhere, but her DAD tried to help her see that the accident wasn't her fault. We are praying that GOD will take away all fear & guilt, and give them all peace (including the young lady driver).

GONNAGETTHERESOON ~ Thanks for your prayers. So glad that you joined us here. That's another thing that is great about our GOD, he coaxes us along gently. Remember that all negativity comes from the world and youknowwho. Tell your DH that there are some easy things he can do for the LORD that don't cost any money or require any special skills -- anyone can share GOD'S LOVE with others; anyone can be a PRAYER WARRIOR; and anyone can be a CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGER. These three things only take a little bit of your time. Love can be shared by just a smile. Prayers only take a minute. Lifting up another Christian takes only a positive word.

Plus as you and your DH are studying GOD's word, you can learn just how much GOD loves us all. Start with the book of JOHN -- there are many in there. GOD loves us in spite of our imperfections; and JESUS provided the way to wipe away all our stains. Once you take JESUS as your Savior, you become a part of the family of GOD; and you are under a special grace as His children. Read His word, do your best, and let GOD do the rest. Sending up prayers for you and your family for protection from oppression ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #87  
Rosebud

UPDATE ON DONNA ~ our information was a little off as can happen in these situations. Donna is finally home now, but apparently is in a lot of pain at this time. She has a lot of bruising on her body from the accident. She says the pain meds they gave her to take at home aren't helping (in the hospital she was on morphine), so she needs prayers for pain relief at this time.

I don't know why they won't give her something more substantial than tylenol since at 89 years old, she isn't likely to become a drug addict or anything like that -- and she is a Christian lady to boot. So, we'll ask the LORD to intervene on her behalf. The insurance has agreed to supply homecare help for her though -- Praise GOD! Thanks for your prayers.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #88  
Rosebud

PRAYER REQUEST ~ we just received a call from my DAD concerning his wife, GRACE (SM) -- that her cancer has spread so quickly that she has to have her whole bladder and part of her liver removed very shortly. Needless to say my DAD is very worried about losing her (after losing one wife already); and his health has declined so much in the last year that he finds it difficult just to sweep the patio off. So GRACE needs prayers for a successful surgery and we will let you know when that will be; and my DAD could use comfort prayers at this time.

ALSO, we just received more GOOD NEWS that the insurance is going to pay the costs for DONNA to go into a special home to recover fully with 'round the clock care. We call it respite care here. Interestingly, it is the very same place that she had wanted to move into if she couldn't stay in her apartment anymore. When she is better, she can go back home again.

I think as our family members age, their health is becoming more fragile and we all will need more prayers for them, so THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS -- they are very appreciated.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #89  

Rosebud, keeping your entire family in prayer that Grace will have a successful surgery and be restored to health, that you Dad will find peace and comfort as well as strength.
Praising the Lord that Donna will have the care she needs and insurance will care for costs.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #90  
Rosebud

THANKS BARGOO ~ I think you'd like to know that my DAD called himself to ask us to pray for GRACE; that is a significant spiritual leap for him. I know he believes (but plays it down at times) and has said the Salvation Prayer with GRACE; but before this, he would never ask for prayer. He would call and tell us their issues, and we would all tell him that we would pray for them and he would thank us. This is the first time he has called and asked for prayer; and he was obviously very distraught. GOD sometimes allows things to happen, and uses these circumstances, to encourage spiritual growth for everyone involved becuz HE loves us, but He is also very patient like a good Father should be ...

EDIT2ADD: BTW, thanks for your prayers for my legs -- they are feeling so much better today. They are still a bit swollen (the chemo makes that worse), but the pain has subsided. Can't tell you how much that helps. It seems whenever I come here and ask you all for prayers -- my symptoms get better. PRAISE GOD!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2013 at 07:54 PM.