3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

PRAYER WARRIOR's Thread 2013 continued ...

Old 03-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Angie here:
It's been a while since I posted an update. It's been a battle for Gary, one that has taken a toll on him. He is coming home tomorrow on hospice care. We will give him comfort care in the comfort and famaliar surroundings of his own home.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, and please know that you are in my prayers as well.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
THANKS, EVERYONE ~ The chemo went well; and the only side effects I got are some hot flashes. Then tonight, I got a red rash on my neck and face. I may have over-exerted myself a bit, or it could be an allergy to the drug mix. Now, I hope it isn't too serious and goes away over night; and I just want to rule out any other possibilities like drug/vitamin interactions.

I dug out my allergy sheets and they are listed for my chemo drug. I checked my temps and they were OK, but if it persists tomorrow, I will report it to my nurse. The sore muscles and swelling in my legs are both side effects of the drug; so we are addressing that too. The compression stockings really seemed to help today.

So, I really appreciate your prayers about these symptoms. They feel mild right now and they have options to manange most of them. Sometimes they may have to re=formulate your chemo mix when allergies happen. THANKS once again for your prayers; and thanks to GOD for getting me through all this with such peace and calm and mild side effects.
I hope you are feeling better. I think about you all the time and all you are dealing with. Keeping you in my prayers.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #63
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Angie & Gary-Thanks for updating. Know that you and Gary and your entire families are in my prayers. Our hope and faith is in our Lord. Have a blessed Easter. Hugs for you all.

3/10/14 Started Atkins @ 199 pounds.
7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
Highest weight ever: 260
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #64

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
Angie & Gary-Thanks for updating. Know that you and Gary and your entire families are in my prayers. Our hope and faith is in our Lord. Have a blessed Easter. Hugs for you all.
Will continue prayers for Gary, you and your family. Please give Gary our love. He is such a precious man.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #65

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, I haven't been ignoring everybody, it is just that my heart is saddened by Gary's news. The Lord has laid an old somg on my heart, here is the chorus. Gary, this is especially for you.

"Oh, that will be glory for me.
Glory for me , glory for me.
When by His grace, I shall look on his face.
That will be glory, be glory for me."

Last edited by bargoo : 03-29-2013 at 09:25 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #66
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARGOO ~ we understand. While I may not understand your medical system and terms, we will still continue to lift GARY, and ANGIE, and family up in prayer at this time. It would to be so nice for GARY to be at home with his family around him. I am ever the optimist and will not give up on our prayers for him -- and as he would say, "MAY GOD'S WILL BE DONE".

Today, we celebrate the day that our LORD JESUS CHRIST was sacrificed on a CROSS OF LOVE, so that we all may be reconciled in perfect friendship with GOD; be forgiven for all our sins & mistakes; be allowed to live in GRACE from this day; and to be welcomed into heaven and home when we leave this place.

What a glorious gift; what a glorious Day; and we recall the words that were spoken of JESUS and this Day in the book of Isaiah 53:5 "... HE WAS WOUNDED FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS; HE WAS BRUISED FOR OUR INIQUITIES; THE CHASTISEMENT OF OUR PEACE WAS UPON HIM; AND WITH HIS STRIPES, WE "ARE" HEALED."

ISAIAH 3:10 ~ "Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings." My verse of hope for GARY today ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 03-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #67

Rosebud, I continue to hold you up in prayer, for your physical health and also wisdom and strength as you cope with your husband's Alzheimers. I am sure this is a heavy burden for you.
To all others, if I haven't mentioned you by name, I do pray for all requests that are posted.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #68
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Rosebud, I haven't been ignoring everybody, it is just that my heart is saddened by Gary's news. The Lord has laid an old somg on my heart, here is the chorus. Gary, this is especially for you.

"Oh, that will be glory for me.
Glory for me , glory for me.
When by His grace, I shall look on his face.
That will be glory, be glory for me."
What a wonderful song. While I've been away from the board for a very extended time, I have made some friends along the way. I count you, Bargoo, as one of them. I just wish we'd gotten together before you moved several hours away.

Gary's news is very disheartening. For those of us who have met him it really tugs at the heart strings. We had lunch with Gary and Angie when we went down to San Diego a few years ago. What a wonderful fellowship we had. The two of them are so precious together. You can see it in their eyes and they way they speak. I've been praying like crazy for them. Bless their hearts.

For the rest of you, especially ones dealing with Alz, my prayers continue. BTDT and it is a long slow painful goodbye.

I hope everyone will have a safe holiday.

Life does not happen in a vacuum. Lifestyle changes must transcend habits and routines. - thanks midwife.

Weight loss isn't linear and the body doesn't have a timetable. - thanks Glory87.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Last edited by cbmare : 03-29-2013 at 12:47 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #69
Rosebud

* RAISE THEM UP *

Raise him up, Lord Jesus
Raise him up -- today
Raise him up, Lord Jesus
Show him your mercy & grace

Raise them up, Lord Jesus
Raise them up -- today
'Cuz this is the Day
the Lord has made ...
So, raise them up again!

Raise her up, Lord Jesus
Raise her up -- today
Raise her up, Lord Jesus
Show her your Love once again

Raise them up -- today
'Cuz this is the Day
the Lord has made ...
So, raise them up again!

Raise them up -- today
Show them your power & strength

Raise them up -- today
'Cuz this is the Day
the Lord has made ...
So, raise them up again!

Raise them up -- today
Show them your power
and love and grace
And raise them up again!

Written for GARY MILLER, Easter Friday/2013; Raise him up, LORD JESUS -- Raise him up. Our LORD will raise him up one way or another: either to heavenly glory or back to us once again. As GARY, himself, always says ... May GOD's will be done (that is, whatever is good & right & best for all). In Jesus' name, we ask and pray ... Amen and Amen. LDSL/Feb 29/2013.
= 10 lbs ...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
* RAISE THEM UP *

Raise him up, Lord Jesus
Raise him up -- today
Raise him up, Lord Jesus
Show him your mercy & grace

Raise them up -- today
'Cuz this is the Day
the Lord has made ...
So, raise them up again!

Raise her up, Lord Jesus
Raise her up -- today
Raise her up, Lord Jesus
Show her your Love once again

Raise them up -- today
'Cuz this is the Day
the Lord has made ...
So, raise them up again!

Raise them up -- today
Show them your power & strength

Raise them up -- today
'Cuz this is the Day
the Lord has made ...
So, raise them up again!

Raise them up -- today
Show them your power
and love and grace
And raise them up again!

Written for GARY MILLER, Easter Friday/2013; Raise him up, LORD JESUS -- Raise him up. Our LORD will raise him up one way or another: either to heavenly glory or back to us once again. As GARY, himself, always says ... May GOD's will be done (that is, whatever is good & right & best for all). In Jesus' name, we ask and pray ... Amen and Amen. LDSL/Feb 29/2013.
That is beautiful, Rosebud, did you wrote it ?
What a marvelous testimony if it is God's will to heal Gary and restore him to perfect health.
On the other hand if it is God's will to take Gary to his heavenly home I am sure he will hear the words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Last edited by bargoo : 03-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #71
Rosebud

Quote:
That is beautiful, Rosebud, did you wrote it ?
YES, I wrote it earlier this morning -- I have been writing songs & poems since my teenage years. I'm glad that you like it ...

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ I just came in to request prayers for my nephew, JOSHUA KNIGHT, whose appendix burst on Wednesday; he had emergency surgery and is in recovery on antibotics. He is still having some nausea/fever at this point, so needs more prayers. His mother just called to ask for prayers for him. THANKS SO MUCH ...
= 10 lbs ...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #72

Rosebud, Joshua is on my prayer list praying for a complete recovery.
Rosebud you have a wonderful talent for songwriting. Have you ever had anything published ?
I don't write songs or even sing in public, except in congregational singing but for some time I have had songs come to me , seemingly out of the blue, oftentimes they are songs I haven't 't even thought about in years or don't know very well. I usually just go around singing them to myself. Recently it has come to me that I am supposed to share them so that is what I have been doing lately. I hope they help someone.
About Gary's song, his family should see it, I am sure it would mean a great deal to them,. I don't know how to do that IM, Facebook ? I am not sure if they check those things.

Last edited by bargoo : 03-29-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #73

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Rosebud The song for Gary is so sweet and I pray that God will heal him and raise him up here for God's Glory. He has been on my heart so all these months. Our precious man at our church went home to be with the Lord almost 4 weeks ago. I know it is a great Blessing for them whether the Lord raises them up here are if they go home to the Lord. However, we want them to stay with us. I know our precious Lord will do what is best for Gary. He is such a precious man and such a witness for our Lord as was the man in our church. My heart goes out to Angie and the whole family that the Lord will comfort them and give them peace.

Will be praying for a quick recovery for your Joshua and prayers continue for you and your hubby as well as all the other prayers here.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
What a wonderful song. While I've been away from the board for a very extended time, I have made some friends along the way. I count you, Bargoo, as one of them. I just wish we'd gotten together before you moved several hours away.

Gary's news is very disheartening. For those of us who have met him it really tugs at the heart strings. We had lunch with Gary and Angie when we went down to San Diego a few years ago. What a wonderful fellowship we had. The two of them are so precious together. You can see it in their eyes and they way they speak. I've been praying like crazy for them. Bless their hearts.

For the rest of you, especially ones dealing with Alz, my prayers continue. BTDT and it is a long slow painful goodbye.

I hope everyone will have a safe holiday.
It is too bad we never got together. I am glad you liked the song.I remember when you were able to meet Gary and Angie. I wish I would have been able to meet Gary. I am still praying for Gary and his family it is all so sad.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #75
Rosebud

Default ~

Quote:
I know it is a great Blessing for them whether the Lord raises them up here, or if they go home to the Lord. However, we want them to stay with us. I know our precious Lord will do what is best for Gary. He is such a precious man and such a witness for our Lord as was the man in our church. My heart goes out to Angie and the whole family that the Lord will comfort them and give them peace.
TRISH ~ Yes, totally -- couldn't agree more. It is our hearts desire that our friends and loved ones stay with us as long as they can, but GOD is so very compassionate and merciful to them, and to us too. This is probably one of the hardest things in life to learn and accept, esp as a Christian. Our prayers continue for all ...

BARGOO ~ THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR JOSHUA; and your kind words. I love to write simple praise songs that are easy to remember, plus I have some that are more wordy and philosophical, of course (deeper). I have a nice mix of fun and serious; some Christian and some with social messages; a nice variety. I feel the Holy Spirit of GOD gives them to me at the right time, as they are needed -- for me and others too.

No, I haven't had any published, but who knows; maybe some day. I'd love to share them so others can be helped by them. My BIL is a musician, and my sister sings, plays guitar, and does photography -- they have a dream of a Christian project for GOD, and I have offered them my songs and poems to go with. All in the LORD's timing, I think ...

EDIT2ADD: CBMARE ~ thanks for your prayers and kind words of support & understanding ...

ELVISLOVER ~ thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 03-29-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.