PRAYER WARRIOR's Thread 2013 continued ...

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • UPDATE ~ on my UNCLE GARNET -- just want to thank you & let you know that my uncle went home to be with our LORD last night at 10 pm ... at the very same time that I was praying for him and others in our prayer list here. We serve a merciful and loving GOD, who allowed him to go home so that he wouldn't be suffering anymore. Garnet told my aunt that he felt that he didn't have long to live; he was right. Often people can sense it themselves.

He was very ill; and I could sense that he was very tired from what he was saying, so our prayers refected that for him too. He is now home with his wife, Peggy and at peace. They were my godparents as well, so I am very pleased that they were both believers. We are praying for his family and siblings to have peace & comfort during this time, as our family has had a lot of losses lately. Once again, thanks for all your prayers for Uncle Garnet over the years; and thanks to GOD for his infinite wisdom and mercy!
  • Rosebud, Uncle Garnet now has perfect health and no longer suffers.
    I continue to pray for all that need a healing touch or have a need of any kind.
  • Thanks, BARGOO ~ Uncle Garnet was a brave soul, who fought the C-battle every inch of the way for untold years. He had several surgeries and more than several rounds of chemo (I lost count). Our prayers for him were answered again & again; and his life was extended for many years. I have always admired his tenacity, but know that he is at peace now.

Yes, we will always continue to pray for all health concerns & other requests posted here ....

PRAYER REQUEST ~ my aunt's niece, LAURIE in North Bay, is having surgery on Monday to remove 3 benigns tumors; I'm sure she would appreciate the prayers for her, her family, and the doctors/team, etc. Thanks ...
  • I've been busy past few days, but you all have been in my prayers.

Lovegrovemama WELCOME. Prayig for Jimmy and Sherri and their families as they battle cancer.

Rosebud Praying for Wendy. My sister went throught the same type of thing when she worked for 20+ yrs for an insurance company. She actually let her health go at times when she shouldn't have because no one else could do her job. She finally retired this past year and says she doesn't miss it at all. Funny thing is they said they woud have to hire at least 2 people to do the job she did when she left. They were always going to hire her a helper but didn't. Also praying for your family in the loss of your Uncle Garnet. It is so difficult when loved ones leave us to go home with the Lord because we have mixed feelings. We are happy for them because they no longer suffer here and we know the joyful time they are having with loved ones who have gone before them, but our hearts ache because we miss them. I often think of how wise it is for the Lord to have done things this way because it not only comforts us that they are with the Lord, but we also look forward to the day that we wil be with the Lord and seen our loved ones again. GOD IS GOOD AND EXTREMELY WISE.

Prayers continue for all.
  • Angie here with another update:
    Gary was discharged from the hosiptal yesterday and is now at the skilled nursing facility. I think he will be there for at least 8 days, since he will be on antibiotics for that long due to the c-diff infection he got in the hospital. One advantage to the infection is that he gets a private room. He's on a feeding tube and a liquid diet right now, trying to get those calories to put back some weight. One step at a time...

Thank you again for your prayers and support and please know that I am also praying for all of you and sending thanks to God for putting such wonderful prayer warriors in our lives.
  • Angie, thank you so much ffor the report. Even though we have not met face to face I consider you and Gary to be my Christian brother and sister. I continue to keep Gary in prayer that he will have complete healing, I also pray for you, Angie and his entire family, I know this is stressful for all of you.
  • Angie I "ditto" everything Bargoo said. I think of y'all as my brother and sister in Christ. Always look forward to hearing an update of Gary's progress. Y'all are always in my prayers that Gary will totally recover and this will become a memory and a testimony of God's Goodness as He has walked through this with y'all. Please give Gary our love.
  • ANGIE ~ thanks for the update on GARY ~ ^prayers^ continue as his recovery progresses. Thanks to GOD as well for hearing & answering our prayers & supplications on GARY'S behalf ....

TRISH ~ thanks to you all for your prayers for our family. Yes, my sister has worked 35+ years for her company and your prayers have been answered already. She had some positive feedback come her way this week, and that was a blessing. PRAIZE GOD for answered prayers ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
  • Well, I've had few new side effects from my chemo this week; some more hot flashes but that could be from having the total hysterectomy too though they did say, you could feel warm. The last two days, I have been losing hair, first off my body and this AM, from my head -- so I will look at the wraps and scarves again when I go to the hospital this Monday for the prep exam and the chemo is on Tuesday, if all is OK.

My temperatures have been good; I take them twice a day (once in the am and once in the pm) to make sure there's no fever -- praize GOD that's been really good for me. The last two days, I have felt very tired. I was able to go for a walk as the streets/laneway were all clear, but I felt tired when I got back yesterday. My legs are holding a bit of water but I hope that goes away before the weigh-in on Monday ....

Then overnight we had a big ***** storm, so it's a beautiful, winter wonderland out there with icicles and all. It does look pretty and we ran into a white-out on the way to the hospital for my weekly blood tests this am, but we were OK, and it cleared up for us so we were able to pick up a few grocieries before coming back home.

We could use prayers for our trip this coming Monday and Tuesday to the city hospital for the tests on Monday; and the chemo on Tuesday which is a very long day. It takes 5.5 hours just to put the chemo in; then we have a the drive there and back too. Here's a really nice hopefilled song that I found while checking out youtube this week ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWejcH0JWTc

THANKS, EVERYONE; ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
  • Sorry about the chemo. I know it is tough about your hair, but Rosebud, it is only hair. it will grow back. When you get through all of this you will be healthy , with a new body and a great testimony of what God can do.
    I don't mean to sound harsh about the hair, I understand , we women love our hair and if we have spent a long time letting it grow long and beautiful , it is tough to see it go.
  • Rosebud Sorry about your hair. I will be praying with you that it will grow back and be beautiful like the beautician at the beauty salon where I go. My beauticians Mom just finished chemo and radiation and her Mom wanted a perm this week. BB said she would give her a mild one and if her hair falls out shei'll go get her a wig. There are some really pretty ones out there if you want to wear them until your hair grows back. I agree with Bargoo it has to be one of the tough things for us women to go through because our hair is so important to us. I will keep you in my prayers, praying for safe trip to and from treatment and tests. And of course praying for your DH.
  • BARGOO ~ I didn't think you were being harsh about my hair. I know for a man, they usually keep it short, and it can grow back in about 2-3 months; but mine took many, many years. I agree that in our society a woman's hair is considered her glory; even the bible says that -- but I KNOW it will grow back in again; and have even been planning how I will style it later on as it grows in. Many people say it will come back in even nicer than before; so that will be a blessing. One lady I know decided to keep her hair short afterwards, and I may not grow mine quite as long next time either -- we'll see.

TRISH ~ THANKS, I saw a really pretty head wrap and some lovely long, wispy scarves that would look nice and rather exotic, I think. I plan to check them out in a couple of places I saw them. I thought of the wigs too; but may just go with the wraps, we'll see. I guess I'd have to see how they look on me first, but I had a friend who had chronic hair loss, so she had two wigs that she switched back and forth. They looked so natural that you couldn't tell that it wasn't her hair.

I find it harder how long it takes to get all the chemo rounds done; can't wait for it all to be over with so I'm praying the LORD grants me His divine patience. It is sad to lose my hair; but it's more concern how I will look, it's not the hair itself that is difficult for me. I am doing quite well with it all, but I am human and it's only natural to feel this way. Not to worry, GOD has granted me a wonderful peace through all of this; and I am so very grateful for that.

THANKS for your prayers and words of support & encouragement -- they are very appreciated ...
  • Rosebud, Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God , which transcends all understanding , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  • Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but know that you are all in my prayers. I have been reading, but just not posting. Prayers continue for healing and patience, for Gary and his family, and everyone else's needs mentioned.

Rosebud-sorry to hear about your uncle, but glad you knew he was saved and is now with His Lord and Savior. The family has also been in my prayers. Also, like everyone else said, I know it will be hard to lose hair, but it will grow back and no matter what...you're still the beautiful person you've always been, because everyone can see it glowing from inside I'll be praying for your upcoming chemo.

Update on Jenna...she was able to go home from the hospital for a couple days, but the side effects of the chemo are pretty bad-she's experiencing a lot of nausea, plus her calcium levels went too high and she's now back in the hospital. Her chemo is very aggressive due to the nature of her cancer and that it's also in the bone marrow. Please continue to pray for this young lady and her parents and siblings (brother and twin sister).

Thank you all! God bless!
  • rommi, I will continue to pray for this precious girl that she will have complete healing. Praying aslo for peace for the family Please note the scriture I referred Rosebud to,. Phillipians 4:7