3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Old 05-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #211

S/C/G: 238/215/150

Height: 5'2'

Rosebud I'm so sorry about all the things you, DH and your parents are going through. It seems like everything is hitting y'all all at once. I agree that you should get a lawyer and see what can be done. I pray that Father will surround y'all with His Favor and Protection in this situation. And pray your Dad and Step-mom's surgerys are successful and they have a succesful quick recovery. I pray God will give you peace in the midst of this storm.

Ronni Praying for your situation with your Mom too.

Prayers continue for all.
I choose to believe "I CAN"!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #212
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI -- Am sending up more prayers for your mom; this is a tough situation but we can ask GOD to show us how we can help. Maybe you can keep your conversation short when she is ranting (just tell her the truth; that you have lots of things you must get done that day). I found your post very interesting: the experiences of the people you mentioned; and I will be keeping these stories in the back of my mind even though things are not supposed to work that way here from my initial investigation. However, nothing would surprise me after what we have been through here, and I will take a much more careful look into things first in the future.

Most of the people on the Community Access Team were helpful and supportive; it was just this doctor and one lady that were flippant, smug, evasive, and down-right rude. It seemed to all of us that they were insinuating that they had to make sure the government kept their eye on our finances, esp our property as they both brought that up for some undisclosed reason. We are very honest people and have always checked to make sure we did everything according to the rules and laws of our province. Often these people are misinformed themselves and make unfounded assumptions and accusations. They didn't bother to check out the facts first even when I mentioned this to them; plus they didn't involve me in the process until it was over, and that was just to tell me a few things at the meeting at the very end. This was supposed to be a medical assessment; not an investigation into our personal affairs.

This is supposed to be a free nation where anyone can improve their lot in life if they want to and have the courage to do so. I suspect that there may even be some jealousy lurking it ugly head here. I will trust GOD to get us an honest trustee who will let me take over as POA for DH and myself -- there is no good reason why that shouldn't happen (and shouldn't have happened already). We were told I could apply for POA and I will still pursue that avenue with GOD's guidance. We will just take this one step at a time and let GOD do His work.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for your kind words of support and your prayers; they mean a lot to me and help lift me up when so many things are happening in our family at this time. Please pray for my sister as all this has been tough on her, esp with her teeth bothering her. Two of her wisdom teeth have some bone chips left and she can't get them removed until Wednesday, so they have been making her false teeth very painful to wear, but she is trying to brave it as long as she can.
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-18-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #213
Organ donors save lives!

S/C/G: 280/157/170

Height: 5' 10"

Rosebud - So sorry to hear about your situation. I see you are in Ontario, have you spoken to your MPP about this? They often can help with these things. I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if I missed something.
ForMyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #214
Rosebud

THANKS, ROO -- yes, we do have an MPP back at home that I will talk to if I find that I am having difficulty with the process. We have used that avenue with another matter successfully in the past ...
= 10 lbs ...
Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #215

With all the problems others are having, I hate to have to ask y'all to pray for me because I feel so strange with the way I'm feeling lately. I don't know if it is my age or what. Although I'm feeling terrible physically today, I am beginning to think that my problem is spiritual. I just feel like I'm in a spiritual slump.

I know God loves me and I am really blessed, but I feel like everything I do spiritually even praying is a real struggle. I don't really understand the way I feel. I have always loved my time that I spend with the Lord and getting up and going to church was a joy. I have a wonderful pastor and the people there are great and loving. I have family and friends who love me and I love all of them. Even after the struggle with the kids living here all that time, God has really done a healing in those relationships. They sent me a dozen roses for Mother's day. My son who wasn't able to call me for years because of a wife he should never have married, is getting a divorce and calls me almost everyday. I should be happy and feeling on top of the world I'm so blessed. For the life of me, I can't figure out what is going on with me. How can someone who has felt the presence of God so wonderfully, have the attitude I'm having now.

This feels the way I've felt when it was time to quit or leave a job. But this isn't a job. This is life. People in my life depend on me for spiritual guidance and support and here I am not able to even do what I need to be doing to help me so I can help them. I know what I need to be doing but just don't seem to be able to make myself do it. I can't seem to put my finger on the problem, but it is almost as though I have "spiritual" burnout. I feel spiritually drained as well as physically and emotionally.

Please pray for me. I know the Lord has much more for me to do. I need an attitude adjustment and the desire to spend more time with Him. I have a special place in my home where I us to always spend my quiet times and devotional times with the Lord. When the kids were here, they all wanted to move into that space. I couldn't get it alone any more so I felt like I lost a lot when I had to give it up again. Now DGS is living here for a few months. Just as I was getting back into having that space again, he has taken it over. I think I'm feeling like I have no place or space that is mine to be alone with the Lord any more. I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I think I'm going to have to do something about it and I'm sure he and DH aren't going to like it. I just hate facing the confrontation. However, I feel that my spiritual walk is at stake. Does that sound crazy?

Please forgive me for my rambling here. I just know that if I can't get my spiritual situation straightened out that I won't be able to handle the rest of my life. Thanks for your prayers and you ear.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #216
Rosebud

TRISH -- will send up prayers for your spiritual growth right now; every now and then, we go through a dry spell and need renewal. Ask the Holy Spirit for a rejuvenation too. Can you move your prayer closet to another place or room; or can your DGS move to the basement or another room? I made our smallest room into an office/prayer room; when I go back home I am moving it to the room near the kitchen so DH can have that room. The basement will be designated back to storage and the livingroom will have more of a recroom/activity purpose for the next while.

Maybe start a timed schedule where you go there at the same time every day, no matter what. Choose a time when no other things or people can interfere with it (like before everyone else is up; or not at home; or in the evening before bed; or whatever works best for you). We cannot always go on feelings; we have to set up a schedule and keep it.

Plus try changing up your time with GOD with something different like a new devotional, or a good Christian book that discusses this issue or one that interests you. How about praying while you go for a walk or while you are doing housechores; I love to do that. How about putting Christian music on to brighten the day, esp when preparing meals, for instance.

After some time, it will become a good habit once again ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-19-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #217

Thanks Rosebud. I actually stayed home from church today and spent time alone with the Lord. Decided to tell DGS when he came home from church that I needed my space to spend time with the Lord for my prayer time, devotionals and Bible study. He uses his DGD desk to study and he has his room. He said that he understood and took it very well.

Any way, I got out my book by Joyce Meyer on Knowing God. It is one of those books I have to read a little bit and then put it down for a while and let my spirit really digest it. Would you believe where I stopped last time I read it is concerning exactly where I am. I picked up another book to read some from it too and it is about the same thing. So I guess the Lord was leading me to get back into those books. Thanks for the prayers.

Another prayer request. I realize this is something else I'm dealing with. DH fbs is way too high. Please pray that we will be able to get it down. From what the doctor said when we saw him, the next step is insulin. This has evidently depressed both of us. I don't know if y'all remember that he got the neck problem taken care of with his surgery and still recovering from that. Now he has a problem with the tailbone area. He is on prednisone which probably doesn't help the diabetes and starts therapy for it at the end of the month. Please pray with us that he doesn't have to have surgery. Please continue to pray for me to put my feelings aside. As I've shared with y'all before he says things sometimes that are really hurtful. He doesn't mean for them to hurt me and I'm sorry to say that I don't always handle it as I should. I pray Lord, please give me patience with him and compassion for him.

I know we are all going through a lot of things right now, Ronni with her Mom, Rosebud with treatments, family situations, DH and now people wanting to take everything and the many others we pray for here. I always believe things happen for a reason although I'm not sure what those reasons are sometimes. I enjoyed your post on the Encouragers thread Rosebud with the references to Joseph and Job. I've heard that Job's situation only went on for a short time. When we read it, it sounds like it was yrs and I'm sure there were times Job felt that way too.

We/I have to remember and trust in God's promise that "All things work together for our good". We sing that little chorus a lot at church and it has been going over and over in my head all day long. So I know that although I'm not aware of all that is going on, I am quite sure God is on it working it out for our good. This is just the time we have to be faithful and trust Him and never give up. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! We we don't give up He will bring us through victoriously and He will be glorified.

It is so wonderful to know that we all have each other here to pray with us. I love and appreciate y'all so very much. I pray you've had a blessed Sunday.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #218

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We've been doing the Beth Moore bible studies and I feel so Blessed to have started these. I did find a link that you might want to click on and check out. She is just so uplifting all the time. Feels like you have a "best friend" sitting right in the room with you. Anyway, Trish, and anybody else, check them out. Just love the word! http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/...-archives.html

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #219

Karen Thanks so very much. I love Beth Moore. I've done a few of her lessons on my own and attended a teaching of hers in a friends home. You are right... she is so uplifting. I will check out the site.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #220
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the prayers and good words everyone! Couldn't do anything about Mom on Friday or over the weekend, since all offices, including her former psychiatrist, were closed. Talked to my sister & mom's brother and sister-in-law and a couple other people who know Mom over the weekend and all are in agreement that we must get intervention and quickly. So, today's the day....I'll be calling her court advocate and the psychiatrist and probably the police chief, because I know that she will not go willingly back into the hospital to start the meds. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Trish-I don't know if your DH has tried this, but I've heard of great results with blood sugar control by wheat elimination. Of course, it helps to watch the rice flours and other 'fast' carbs as well, but it's been proven that blood sugar spikes more quickly from a slice of wheat toast than with an entire candy bar. They did that experiment on Dr. Oz trying to prove that the 'Wheat Belly' doctor didn't know what he was talking about, but it backfired and Oz was rather stunned. I really recommend reading 'Wheat Belly.' Praying for you and your DH.

7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #221
Rosebud

TRISH ~ sending up prayers for your DH and you for the issues you are dealing with (so similar to mine at times). DH is getting better in some ways, and with the PSW help & the day-away program (activity days), things should be much better. Boredom is an issue for someone so used to being busy-as-a-bee all the time. It was harder to find things for him to do in the wintertime; now that it's more summery here, there is more for us all to do.

He is looking forward to the activity days, riding BIL's bike, and excited about our trip to Thunder Bay for our niece's wedding. I think things should be OK from now on. We will just have to get the other issues sorted out as they come. Plus now that he is home and will be with us all the time, other issues will go away completely.

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS and kind words of support for all of us; they are greatly appreciated. Prayers continue for everyone here ...

RONNIE ~ sending up prayers that all goes well for you as you try to help your mother; I hope you get the help you need.

KAREN ~ thanks for that link to that site; will be checking it out for sure.
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-20-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #222

That Beth Moore site has videos that you can watch and they are wonderful! I'd like to ask for prayers for the OKlahoma people that have been in the paths of these horrible storms. And also prayers that we are spared again tonight. Last night we just had rain, wind lightening and thunder. But still under a tornado watch again tonight on in to tomorrow. Doing ok right now and will try to update as much as possible.

Prayers for all concerns here

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #223
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/136.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers going up for Trish, Trish's husband, Ronni and her mom, and Rosebud and her husband and all concerns.

2 lbs to goal!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #224

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Karen. you are in my prayers that your area will be spared from tornadoes.
Praying for those in Oklahoma who have already been hit such a devastating blow.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #225

Thanks-- we spent about 20 minutes in the closet this evening but now I think the worst is over for us. No tornados out of this last bunch for us but the sirens did go off. Now we severe thunderstorm warnings. I still have all the stuff in the closet for us and have the leashes on the dogs. just in case. My next step iss to remember to get our motorcycle helmets out of the attic---don't want to ride a bike anymore but want to protect my head!!