3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #181

S/C/G: 238/215/150

Height: 5'2'

Red face

Rosebud So glad you found a place to help with DH. So sorry that he is saying hurtful things to you and putting you through such hurts. Even though you know that he doesn't even know what he is saying to you etc, I know it still hurts. My DH says some of the most hurtful things sometimes when he is sick and feels so badly and I've had to learn to ignore him and do loads of praying. He never realizes what he says. He was really bad when he was in the hospital and under pain killers and hurting so badly. Even knowing the situation, doesn't always make it any easier. Sometimes when I say something, it puzzles him to the point he asks why I think he is mad at me or it is aimed at me. I agree that even knowing that it is what he is going through and although I know that I will and always will forgive him, I actually am sorry to admit that more times than I want to admit that I have to pray and ask the Lord to help me to work through the hurts. With me it hurts me the most when I'm feeling bad and going through things myself and really could use some TLC myself and here I am doing more than I'm really able to do forcing myself to take care of him and it makes me feel unappreciated. So I am quite sure that with you going through all you are going through with your treatments that it makes things you have to go through with your DH feels way more hurtful. While it would hurt at any time in your life, I'm sure the stress of the physical/emotional treatments of your own makes things he says and does feel even worse. After all, this is a time when our mate is supposed to be our strength and he isn't able to be there for you. My prayers are with you, your DH and family.

Bargoo I pray you are feeling better.

Prayers continue for all of you.
I choose to believe "I CAN"!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #182
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS DEE & BARGOO ~ my blood platelets were good at 123, so I can go ahead and have CHEMO ROUND #4 tomorrow at 9 am. Please pray that our needle guy is more gentle tomorrow; last time he put the IV in the top of my hand and it hurt like heck -- yoweeeeeee!!!!

I just took my nausea meds and will take some more in the middle of the night (6 hours before chemo time). Pray that all goes well, and with minimal side effects for me and everyone else there too. Thanks so much everyone ...

BARGOO ~ don't worry, I totally understood what you meant; and that you only meant it with Christian kindness. This is one thing that others have asked me about -- that is, choosing FORGIVENESS and how to heal after one is hurt. It isn't always easy, so that is why I asked for prayer -- and GOD answered it for me today in a special way. HE gave me some peace when I went to visit DH today.

I met a German lady there that DH is friends with that also has Alzheimers. She understands and accepts her disorder better than DH; and we are hoping that she can help him cope better too. He says that she is helping him a lot; and they do kinda look cute together. You have to laugh a bit about it all. Others may not understand my tolerance but I know that it's the disease that makes him think and talk the way he does. It's not easy, but the LORD granted me a special grace today.

It was very interesting to talk to her about her experience; and watch how similar they are -- only DH is much further along than she is, and she is more accepting than he is. DH was just heart=broken over the diagnosis; plus he has suffered many losses and sorrows the last few years. He thought that I had died too, so we have to keep reminding him the tumor is gone and I am well.

They are doing a good job of alleviating his fears too; but I had to laugh when I noticed that they had to take all his clothes away and put them somewhere else for safekeeping. I had to do the same thing at home. Some kind person gave him a new pair of black shoes, GOD bless them. I just bought DH a new pair of shoes, but I think he wanted them to be black instead of the brown.

The first thing DH said when I got there was that he loved being there and he doesn't want to come home. That really was answered prayer for me; and I am so glad that he is contented there. He seemed much more at peace and is getting more sleep. So are we and the stress levels are slowly going down for me. My blood pressure was slowly rising again, but maybe now it will start to go back to normal.

I am so grateful for all the help of this special ACCESS TEAM and this special geriatric unit in the hospital where I am taking my CHEMO too. May GOD BLESS THEM ALL for the help they are giving us. We hope to try to get some help lined up for when we go back home after my chemo is done too.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE; and THANK GOD for hearing and answering them too. I am also grateful for his everlasting LOVE and Grace as well ...

Quote:
I'm sure the stress of the physical/emotional treatments of your own makes things he says and does feel even worse. After all, this is a time when our mate is supposed to be our strength and he isn't able to be there for you.
TRISH ~ that is sooo true; I am trying to support him while going through the chemo. One day I said the same thing to the LORD and asked him to be my personal support becuz DH couldn't and hasn't been for some time (years in fact). It can be really lonely sometimes, esp when you are battling cancer and caring for someone with Alzheimers at the same time. As one lady here said, "It's the longest good-bye in the world" ... and watching the tests is painful for me, so I am glad they are doing the rest of the assessment at the hospital. I am so grateful to you ALL for your support and understanding -- now you see why it is so important for me -- You all are my special prayer angels ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #183

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

God bless you, Rosebud you truly have a kind and loving heart. That sounds like a wonderful opportunity for DH, I am glad that he is happy there. I am praying that needle person is a little gentler. I understand what you mean, some of them are downright brutal and others can do it and you hardly feel it. I am sporting a big bruise on my arm from my last treatment and that was over a week ago. I had a dentist once who gave you a novocaine shot that you hardly noticed what she was doing. I asked her why other dentists couldn't do that. She explained that she is so deathly afraid of needles herself, she actually has to lay down to have one, she understands other people may be afraid, too so she is extra careful. That is the secret , a compassionate nurse, lab tech or whoever is giving it. At the oncology center I go to there is a nurse I have at times, when she inserts the needle if she is successful she yells "HeeHaw"I can hear her "HeeHawing" around the room, I always hope I won't get her.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #184
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Prayers for all of you, my friends. My heart just breaks for the needs & hurts right now. I know God will lift you all up and give you the comfort and strength you need.

An update-my sister is doing very well post-surgery. She has quite a bit of PT coming, but they're still planning to move to AZ sometime in July, so things must be on track for them. Thanks for all your prayers on her behalf

7/18/12 became wheat- and dairy-free @ 235 pounds
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #185
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/136.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Rosebud- prayers for your chemo today to go well, and I love your most recent post about your DH. I'm glad he likes where he's at, and hope that it takes a lot of stress off you. You've got so many things going on, I'm glad to see that it's improving for you.

So I started taking my new meds yesterday but have to admit I'm leery since I had such a bad reaction to my last one and this med is similar. I'm concerned my fears will lead to me having a psychosomatic reaction to them, so if you all could pray for me to have courage and to trust in the Lord and my doctor and give these meds a chance, I'd really appreciate it. I'm prone to anxiety, so need all the help I can get.

2 lbs to goal!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #186

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Rosebud- prayers for your chemo today to go well, and I love your most recent post about your DH. I'm glad he likes where he's at, and hope that it takes a lot of stress off you. You've got so many things going on, I'm glad to see that it's improving for you.

So I started taking my new meds yesterday but have to admit I'm leery since I had such a bad reaction to my last one and this med is similar. I'm concerned my fears will lead to me having a psychosomatic reaction to them, so if you all could pray for me to have courage and to trust in the Lord and my doctor and give these meds a chance, I'd really appreciate it. I'm prone to anxiety, so need all the help I can get.
Praying that the new meds will help and not hurt.Asking God to take away anxiety and give you a calm spirit.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #187

Prayers continue for all. Rosebud I pray your treatment went well.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #188
Rosebud

THANKS, EVERYONE ~ my #4 chemo round went fantastic; your prayers are being heard for sure -- PRAIZE GOD!!! I did awake in the middle of night with nausea, and we figured that the reason that happens is that the meds have worn off by that time, so I have some more gravol type meds that I can take to tide me over until the morning steroids have to be taken.

I ate an orange and that seemed to help settle my tummy. Now, we just wait out the side effects, praying they are as minimal as round #3 and that would be fabulous, esp if my blood platelets keep recovering at such a good rate too. Just two more rounds to go now -- yahoo!!!

Thanks for your prayers for DH too -- once again he told us that he loves it there and wants to stay much longer. They had an issue or two that they found solutions for (i.e. a strange dog in his bathroom, etc). These are some of the kinds of hallucinations he has (fears like that). This is probably from something he saw on TV, so they are being careful what they watch like we had to at home too.

I'm glad that he is doing so well and loves all the activities they have. They gave him a cat scan on Tuesday to check some things out; but I was most impressed when he told me that the doctors explained to him that he had a condition(s) that needed medical care -- so they are getting through to him a bit at a time, helping him accept his condition so that he can get better in some ways. That is a huge answer to prayer for us. I told him to just take one day at a time, and we'll see how it all goes; and not to worry about later on down the road -- GOD will work everything out for us in the end.

BTW ~ becuz of some unexpected changes, my sister (NUMPSTER) will be having her teeth all pulled out this MONDAY coming (the 13th @ 9 AM) by the local dentist here. She will need extra pain meds and lots of prayers, esp for the first night and few days after for pain & swelling, as they will put her new false teeth in right away for a better fitting. What a brave lady she is; and I know she appreciates that you are all praying for her about this.

Sending up ^prayers^ for all your requests and concerns ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-09-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #189
Here to Learn

Rosebud- so glad to hear your chemo went well, and excellent news about your DH. I will continue to pray for you both, and am adding Numpster to my prayers as well that her dental surgery will go well and that she'll heal up fast.

2 lbs to goal!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #190
Rosebud

DEE ~ THANKS for your prayers and support for all of us here; it is so very appreciated. We hope & pray that your new meds will work well for you without any side effects. I am doing well the last few days: just have had some hot flashes, the sweats (esp at night), and hunger issues so far (nausea has gone away) ... yay!

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours, as always ...

EDIT2ADD ~ that in my bible study/reading today in Daniel (see chapters 7 & 10), I felt the LORD impress upon me that all of us that are going through tuff times & trials (and even temptations) right now, are being prepared for the future when we will reign and judge with JESUS some day. Through these experiences -- we will gain wisdom & understanding, and compassion & mercy, so that we may judge well & fairly when the times comes. He will strengthen us and guide us along the way. Daniel prayed morning, noon, and night for Jerusalem & the people of Israel, as we should do also and for each other as well; and his prayers were answered as he was much beloved for his "faithfulness" ... and, we can do the same.
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-11-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #191
Here to Learn

Rosebud-

Thank you for that bit on your Bible study today. Good message.

2 lbs to goal!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #192
Rosebud

DEE~ your quite welcome; this is a question that a lot of Christians have on their minds right now ... why are we being allowed to go through so many trials, troubles, tribulations, and temptations at this present time. In the book of Daniel (which I have been studying since last fall as the Spirit leads me), it says that we are "being purified" becuz as you know, we have been chosen to reign (have dominion) and judge with JESUS CHRIST in the future.

Daniel's visions were about the "latter days" which I believe we are in right now -- they are here, so we must be spiritually ready for the job that GOD has called us for, in the here & now, plus in the not-so-distant future.

In DANIEL 6:10 -- we see how "FAITHFUL" Daniel was -- he prayed three times a day that GOD would forgive Jerusalem & Israel & her people for their unfaithfulness and their multitude of sins; plus he also thanked GOD as well. (see also chapter 9 about his prayers for others)

In DANIEL 7:22 -- Judgement & Dominion (rule/reign) of all the earth and all peoples & nations will be given to JESUS and the saints (us). (see also verse 7:14)

In DANIEL 7:27 -- once again it is explained that the kingdom & all dominion & greatness (power) will be given to the saints of the Most High.

In Daniel 11:35 & 12:10 -- it explains how we will be tried & purged to make us white (cleanse us of sin); and to give us wisdom from this kind of purification until the time of the end comes. It even says some will even fall to temptation & sin in order to purify them. It will be allowed temporarily for their/our own good.

As we know, tough life experiences and temptations will make us wiser and stronger; more loving & compassionate; kinder and more merciful; and give us patience & understanding. In order to rule and judge, we must know from first-hand experience what it is like to suffer -- pain & disappointment, grief & loss, all kinds of illnesses, troubles & tragedies, trials & temptations, hurt & heart-aches; and so forth.

We have been chosen -- but that means we have to be taught and prepared for these great jobs beforehand; and their is no better way to learn such huge life lessons than through experiencing them; but remember, that our LORD GOD is with us all through them. As it says in Revelations 2:26 & 3:21 -- "those that OVERCOME will rule/judge with him"... so our righteousness comes from CHRIST through Grace, but it is our FAITHFULNESS that will determine the outcome.

Note: even Daniel understood that our righteousness came from GOD, not of ourselves. Too many people think that goodness or righteousness is what will determine who gets into heaven, but that is not so; it is your FAITHFULNESS, or steadfastness in your belief (to GOD & the ideals of His commandments), that will be the deciding factor. (see Daniel 9:4-7; plus Hebrews Chapters 11 & 12)

TIP: after reading the verses in Daniel, read the book of Hebrews where you will read all about the importance of "FAITH" -- plus why JESUS and we had/have to suffer (all the many reasons). These lessons & experiences help us grow & mature so that we can be teachers & helpers too (just like our LORD was; we learn as He learned so that we can teach & help + reign & judge as He is too).

So just keep on, keeping on; then pray & thank & praise GOD for all his help & guidance; Trust GOD and Persevere, no matter what; and you will be ready for that day ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #193

Justwant2Bhealthy I agree with you. I love studying the end time teachings and all the different ideas each one has who teaches on it. I always feel some of the differences people argue about aren't all that important because it is going to be like God wants it to be and I believe as believers that it is our job to be witnesses to others and lead as many to salvation as we can. However, I believe that starts with our actions of love towards others which is more important than the things we disagree on. Still fun to study it.

Dee How is the new meds working out?

Prayers continue for all.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #194
Rosebud

TRISH ~ Yes, I agree with your thoughts about prophecy as well -- I don't fret or worry about what is going to happen either.Some people (esp some Christian men) really get into it all big time (almost obsessively, it seems at times), but I just take what I feel is important for me today, and live my life -- trusting that GOD will take care of us no matter what is going to happen.

Who knows what will happen in our lifetime or when -- no-one really knows for sure but GOD, so I leave the timing up to Him too. I think it is possible that we may very well be in the "spring-time" of the latter days -- you know, the timing based on the seasons that JESUS talked about in the parable of the fig tree (in Matthew 24, Mark 13 & Luke 21), but that means that we still have summer, fall, and winter to come yet; and that could cover decades or even centuries, for all we know ...

Every now and then, I feel He shares a little tidbit of knowledge just to help us realize what is going on and why, so we won't be frightened or misunderstand the signs of the times (like Daniel, the visions were for a long time in the future). It is true that some things are changing on this earth: we are in a fast-moving society; information has increased; we are going to & fro around the world; there have been unique phenomena in the heavens (night & day); and the weather is chaotic everywhere on the earth, but it isn't the first time either.

Many important things still haven't happened yet; and like you, I am more concerned about people's salvation as well. Plus, I am just trying to encourage my fellow Christians along the way -- to share with them and others, just how much GOD LOVES US ALL right now, as that is the most important message to me. People need Love & Hope today just as much as ever, especially during tough times -- so I pray that we can share that with them with our message (words) and our lives (actions) ...

BTW ~ talk about unusual weather -- it is May 12th in Southern Ontario, and we have a blistery ***** storm going on outside right now -- but I have seen snow fall in June up north and others places, although that is very, very rare ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours, as always ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-12-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #195
Rosebud

REMINDER ~ Please pray for my sister, NUMPSTER, that her teeth surgery goes well tomorrow morning (Monday @ 9 am): for peace & calm; plus no complications; that she will have minimal pain & swelling; and, that she will heal up real fast ... thanks everyone!
= 10 lbs ...