Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers~DECEMBER '12

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

So blessed to feel good enough to make church today...'cause next week is chemo week s I will miss a couple of weeks I 'spose....

Have a safe and blessed DECEMBER as we continue to keep CHRIST in Christmas!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Posted by Psychnurse
S/C/G: 289/250/190
Height: 5' 8"

Hello all!
Rosebud- sounds like you are in the Christmas spirit! I am hoping to volunteer at a local homeless shelter for Christmas. I also am donating items to our hospital for patients without money.

I live in Iowa and this is the first year I have seen green grass in December. If there isn't snow it is usually brown, but this year we have gotten rain and no snow. It is hard to imagine another Christmas without snow. There is something magical about it that I can't describe. The winters I had as a kid had snow drifts as tall as my head and blizzards every week. The last 5-8 years the snow has slowly gotten less and less. I hope we get to see some soon. My son wants snow so bad as well. I want to see my daughters face when she sees it for the first time.

It hurts me to remember that this is a sad time for some people. Being haunted by what used to be and will never be again, or by never was and no hope to be. I try to do my part in spreading the love, but some people just don't want anything to do with it. It makes me sad to see people so hurt that they won't let me in. FEAR is poison to the soul.

Confession #1: I am hopelessly addicted to the Food Network Channel!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #4  
Rosebud

GARY ~thanks for starting the new December thread for us. I came into start it, but see you already have. I am using my laptop as my sister, Numpster, wants to set us up on Skype today -- but i find typing on the laptop weird as the keys are not all in the same place as our regular pc.

^Prayers^ going up that you will have minimal side effects, so you can enjoy this month too.

Psychnurse ~ I entered in your post from the 2011 thread here for you, so it won't get missed today. I hope that you do get some snow down there in Iowa this year. I always hope that people can find some way to be at peace at this time of year and not focus on the commercial side so much, but love, peace, and joy any way they can.

We made more donations instead of buying for ourselves this year. We will just get practical things like pjs which dh needs anyways but the sales are better this time of year for that kind of stuff so we take advantage of that too.

My aunt came by and brought lunch for us today; that was so nice. Dh had fun eating this giant double layer cake with whipped topping and cookies on top; such like a little boy, but i am glad he enjoyed it so much. my aunt said, ok you i am going now, so you can finish off the cake and he did ...

Gotta go restart my laptop for updates ... syl
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Rosebud, I have been using my computer less and my tablet more....I make a lot of mistakes on it!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #6  
Rosebud

GARY ~ yes, I make lots of mistakes on the laptop too; but we did get the SKYPE set up fairly easily. It was nice to talk to NUMPSTER and her DH today and see them too. She said that I look a lot thinner since she last saw me and wants to borrow my tumor when they get it out (we are calling her "Daisy"). I asked her why, and she said so she could carry her around and lose weight too. I told her, "it will be going for an autopsy, so just go buy yourself some Kettle bells and carry them around all day." Two 15 pounders should do the trick, I think ...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

rosebud a sense of humor helps ! Years ago I had a tumor and had surgery to remove it. They weighed at after surgery it weighed 11 pounds, At this time I was going to Weight Watchers, my surgeon suggested I have a little fun with WW and NOT tell them when I went in to get weighed. I took his suggestion and said nothing . That poor girl who was weighing me was shocked and weighed me 3 times before I confessed that I had just had surgery.rosebud, you will need new clothes after surgery, skirts and pants , at least....just something to look forward to.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Turning into comedy central here ;-)
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #9  

True story !
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #10  
Rosebud

BARGOO & GARY ~ I agree; our whole family has a great sense of humor. My sister said that I have been joking and laughing about this tumor from the day I was told. She said "How can you do that? I would be so devastated by that news." (I told her -- by GOD's Grace). And honestly, I wasn't surprised and my doctor said that to me too (you seem like you expected that). I have been living with this monstrous belly for over 25 years and it's still growing ...

Numpster kept saying, "Please tell me your kidddding." I replied, "Do you think I would kid you about something like that?" My Dad just kept asking if it was benign; he was so happy it was benign that's all he wanted to know. He actually said, "Good, now I can go and eat my dinner." And he did ...

I said "Oh, I couldn't have a little orange tumor or a honey-melon tumor ... NO, NO -- I have to have the biggest freakin' tumor in the free world, and in the history of mankind ... figures!"

I asked the doctor where it was -- is it in my uterous and he said, "yes, there and everywhere around it too ... I said "oh, dear!" So, I need not only the best surgeons, but the bravest as well; and aren't the bravest always the best anyways ...

No, I would rather laugh than cry, as crying saps up too much energy and humor is the greatest healer and comforter I know (well, besides GOD & our Lord Jesus, of course). Everywhere I go I ask people to pray for me; the more the better.

BTW, tomorrow I go to the nearest city for the gynecological assessment for the surgery -- so things are moving along nicely.

And yes, I will need a whole new wardrobe for sure becuz my belly is huge; and my pants are already starting to fall down ... So I am not buying anything until the surgery is done, and I'll have a ball buying new clothes then. Oh, it will be soooooo much fun!!!!

EDIT2ADD: Lots of positives will come out of this --- I will get a whole new wardrobe; and there are so many things that I will be able to do that I can't now becuz the tumor is hindering me. I will lose a pile of weight; I will be more balanced, so may be able to get rid of my canes; I will be more mobile -- to climb stairs and get into vans & other high vehicles; walk so much better and farther; and so many more that I just can't mention them all. Isn't that ?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-03-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #11  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

You guys are making me laugh! I know that the good attitudes will make a huge difference in outcome and recovery for your surgery, Rosebud, and for Gary's chemo and surgery, too!

I'll just keep praying and waiting for updates on everyone. for all of you!

My mother-in-law is doing ok. They're keeping her one more night in the hospital, unless something changes. They were extra concerned about infection, since she's had a knee replacement and the loss of bone for replacements can allow infections to become much worse than for other people. So, thanks for all the prayers-I know they're helping!

Our temp was nearly 60º F today here! Went to town for groceries and ended up taking off my lightweight jacket, because it was so warm in the car! I don't even care if we don't get a white Christmas-it's just so nice to have weather similar to where I grew up in SE Indiana

Hope you all have a great evening! God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #12  
Faith in Christ!

S/C/G: 246/236/175

Height: 5'4"

Diet Day 2 here...not sure what to say. Need to go from 246 to 175, just had a baby 5mths ago via c-section...not happy about my body. Always been big since puberty, but at my largest. Relying on God! Luckily my husband is supporting me even though no one else is. Read through the above threads, God bless each of you!
NewMom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #13  

NewMom, welcome and congratulations on the new baby. Do you have a diet and exercise plan ?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud can not imagine, after all this time they finally found it, so thankful they found it and got good doctors. Sorry being no show, been so busy with restoring my Grandmothers old house up ,was built in the 1940 , had to put all new electricity and plumbing still not finished. Still got so much to do! I cut my hair and the beauty shop is going to give it to cancer patients. In 10 months think it will be long enough to cut again. Babies being born on the ranch one after another, all the lambs around makes it seem more like Christmas, been a lonely season so many friends passing on.

New Mom you hang in there you can do it! You have been blessed with a good husband and a sweet baby !

Oh Gary you give me the strength to keep going even when I want to give up. Hang in there my internet friend, you are awesome!

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-04-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #15  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

NewMom- Glad you found us! I know your battle. 2 c-sections for me. Keep realistic-after pregnancy and c, the body will not be what it used to be, but we can be thinner, healthier, and look nice God gives us the strength to keep working our plan!

Hope everyone's having a nice evening!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote