Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 95kg/95kg/63kg

Height: 5"1

Salaam sisters I have recently joined and was very happy to find a muslimah group, inshallah we can do this

Nanban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #17  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Wishing everyone luck and motivation through the colder winter season!

I've neglected my fitness efforts for too long, giving in to cravings and exercising only sporadically. So, I haven't lost or gained anything. I'm hoping to be a little more motivated this month and thought I'd wish all of you well, too!
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #18  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Salam Alaykum sisters. I am a new Muslimah and need some help with getting back on plan adn dieting. I need to make sure I eat halel foods now and before I didnt have to think about that so some of my favorite things i am finding i cant have like jello.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

wa alikoum salaam sister

I can tell you, once I began eating halal, I lost weight - not because I was purposely trying to but because I realized how many foods contain haram ingredients. For example, I used to be a drive through junkie but the majority of fast food is off limits (except for salads), so I stopped eating fast food. There are only a few restaurants that are halal here so I stopped eating out, too. I find eating out is always hard because either the salads have wine in their dressing, or the fish is cooked in a wine sauce, etc. I found it was more of a hassle than it was enjoyable! Also all the halal restaurants here are the same foods that I can cook at home, so no point in paying for that, LOL.

I always check the food labels and you will be surprised as to how any foods contain alcohol - pasta sauces, salad dressings, etc, so I began making all of these things myself. Some yogurts have gelatin in them, so I stopped buying yogurt except for the plain kind, but even then, you have to check the label. Even some chips aren't halal because the cheese flavoring has animal by products, etc. Also, vanilla extract has alcohol in it - so any baked goods are out - unless you make them yourself. I found some alcohol free vanilla at Trader Joe's so I use that.

I feel like at my work we are always having some kind of potluck and because they don't eat halal, the majority of the foods I can't eat but in the end it is saving my waist line, al hamdoulilah!

Anyway, you will find what is actually good for us and what Allah naturally provides us with - fruits, veggies, whole grain foods are always halal, but anything else like junk food, usually is haram! Allah knows what it best for our bodies!

Last edited by alouati; 02-17-2013 at 09:34 AM.
alouati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #20  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Ameen

Salam Alaykum. how are you sisters?
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #21  

Height: 5/4

This is way off topic but I am very interested in converting back to Islam.I originally converted 3 years ago when I was 17,but left because it caused too many problems with my family.As a result,I hardend my heart against all religion and am now agnostic and not sure if I can ever believe in anything.I get very overwhelmed and bored when I try to read the Holy Koran.Please pray for me to find the truth.
Sweet Tea Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 82/80/60

Height: 5'2

Salaam to my muslimah sisters
Its nice to see you around. I hope this thread comes to life soon.
@Sweet Tea Sweetie: I pray with all my heart for your guidance and good luck to you for finding the true path. Please let me know if you need any kind of help in understanding of Islam.
findingmyway13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #23  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Not sure if any of you are still around, but it would be nice to see a post-Ramadan workout boost. If anyone is up for a challenge, it would be nice to see this thread come back to life.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote