Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking Christian Encouragers ~ JUNE

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #2  
Rosebud

I just realized when I was posting in the May thread that today is actually the first of June, so it's time to start a new thread. So here it is ... I think I will start it off with that nice Youtube I posted there; a great way to initiate this new month, I think.

At 53 y/y; this is my life! I was just telling some of my family today that I have been dreaming of putting a recliner in our bathroom. Enjoy ...

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/6dbBfXCMbH4?rel=0
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

That is great ! I'll tell my older friends about it.LOL!

Last edited by bargoo; 06-01-2012 at 10:04 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie and I got a kick out of that ROSEBUD...Thank-You!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #5  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

I loved that!! I laughed out loud when I saw the keys in the fridge...because I do that...on purpose, to "remind" me...to take my lunch to work! That was funny, thought provoking and so relevant to us of a certain age! Thanks for the post

My Mom is much better and I am so thankful for all the prayers...God heard and answered. She's eating again, staying awake and alert more, using her walker and sounds stronger. Her nurse will be back Tuesday and bring the therapist then. He didn't get to come on Friday. I'm taking her my walker to try out and I found her a potty chair, almost new, at Goodwill so am taking that too.

God had to help me get it in the trunk of my car this morning as I was taking it in for an oil change and inspection before work and uhm...didn't want it flopping around in the back seat. God has been my strength every day and for every task...and I praise Him for new mercies each morning!

I'll be going over to Mom's tomorrow after work and stay until Wednesday. I am looking forward to it. It's been a long week (co-worker on vacation) but it's been a great one, considering!
I have loads of posting/filing to do and want to clear my desk by 5:00...I love my job and I have an opportunity to pray for others, as needs are brought to my attention...and even if I don't know what they are...God does...like one little fellow this morning..he's having to go to Dallas three times a week for dialysis..another is having colon surgery the 8th...I am blessed to be here...and to work for a Christian family.

Be blessed this coming week everyone...you'll be in my thoughts and prayers daily!Bren
Blondee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here are the pics of the new kitchen ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...gger-rack.html
Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #7  

Default Diabetes and eating out of control

Here I am, desperate with 225 blood sugar reading and that's with insulin and a pill..All prayers are welcome and I look forward to getting to know everyone..Tomorrow is the day I start a new healthy lifestyle..Pray that I can get through tomorrow..Debra
debra55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/197.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Hi Y'all! I'm a new chickie and really enjoying this web site. I was glad to find this Christian Encourager forum. It's always nice to find other believers to connect with. Rosebud, I really got a kick out of that video. At age 52, I just begun to experience some of those issues. Having a sense of humor about helps everything . Thanks for being here and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Last edited by melodyjoy; 06-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
melodyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #9  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Good morning all....
Welcome debra and melodyjoy...Debra, I am with you on the challenges of diabetes control and will definately have you on my prayer list. I have the same issues and am still on just pills, but have poor control. I know this is doable...I just haven't done it yet.
melodyjoy...I fully agree...humor is a gift and I am so glad for it. It's one of many ways God lightens our load and brightens our day.

I have laundry in and will get my cleaning done before work...and pack for Mom's. I'll "see" you all when I return. I'm going to go check out the kitchen now!
Blessings to all...
Bren

Last edited by Blondee51; 06-03-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #10  

Welcome , melodyjoy and debra, you have come to a great place for inspiration.debra, praying that you will be able to get your diabetes under control.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #11  
terilaine

S/C/G: 282/282/150

Height: 5'9"

Smile Another newbie!

I am so excited to have a Christian support group for this! Debra55, I have the SAME issues and tomorrow is my DAY ONE. I am one of those people who have to get myself in the "mindset" in order to lose weight. I have lost small amounts in the past, but now I am much more vested in achieving this goal. My sugars are out of control (my fault!) and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!! I have got to get things under control. I love to shop and I hate trying on clothes anymore. Can I stuff it all in and still LOOK decent? is a question that I don't want to answer anymore. I ask that you all pray for me as I work towards this goal. I know it CAN be done! Thanks!!
terilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #12  

terilaine, welcome and good luck with getting your sugar under control. A great deal of controlling diabetes is by diet and exercise .
Praying for all who are fighting this disease, I have it in my family , also.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #13  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Welcome terilaine and honey, you have good company in this boat...We have the tools for survival and God's wisdom and grace so we can step up, grab an oar and start rowing! You'll be in my prayers also

Yippee! I got in the pool for the first time and got to play all by myself. I loved it. I take my noodle to the deep end so I can exercise the feet and arms and just hang around.It felt wonderful~ I didn't get in it at all last year because of the heat. We had over 100 temps for 72 days in a row. Breathing was a chore. BUT...there are those in places much hotter...Arizona for example and I just thank God for AC every day. I didn't have a suit anyway, since I'd put my best one in the Goodwill box I guess and gave it away. Yep, I was gonna lose the weight and wouldn't need it anymore...This is a NEW year and I am NOT giving up...
I did buy two new suits so that wasn't an excuse this year. I told myself I may not be "cute" but I'm getting in that pool!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #14  
Rosebud

DEBRA, MELODYJOY, and TERILAINE ~ Yes, diabetes and pre-diabetes runs in our family too; that's why my last doctor wanted to help me get things under control (about 1/2 dozen years ago when I first joined this site) to avoid it getting worse. I was on Metformin pills for about 3 years while I worked on the diet and exercise. I have been off the meds for about 3 years now and doing fine.

Will gladly send up some ^prayers^ for you ladies as you work on a healthier lifestyle. Just remember to take it one-day-at-a-time: it's not about over-restriction and perfection -- just practicing how to make better choices. You will make some mistakes: so just try to learn from them and keep going. Aim for about 75-90% success, which is very doable; and with PRACTICE, you'll get better over time.

BLONDEE ~ good for you braving the swimming pool -- glad you had some fun. Have a good time visiting with your mother this weekend.

GARY ~ as stated in your "other" thread, loved the renovations in the kitchen (house); you all did a superb job!!! Love it.

Glad you all enjoyed that video; my Aunt sent it to me, and I have been passing it along. There is nothing like "a sense of humor" to help us through difficult times (esp as we age) -- I tell that to my DH all the time. GOD must have a marvellous sense of humor becuz he created us, and gave us that wonderful gift!

We are having turkey thighs with sweet potatoes, and a mix of other veggies for dinner tonight. Plus, I will be baking Dh some Oatmeal muffins and banana loaves for his snacks this afternoon. We have had here all weekend, so staying indoors pretty much. Have a Super Serene Sunday everyone ...
Old 06-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Most basic and central to the Christian truth is the affirmation of one God who reveals Himself to us in the Three Persons of the Trinity--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

This is the great mystery of the faith and one in which we confess not by reason of our understanding but by reason of God's clear revelation in the Scriptures. Because we live in such a diverse age, it is even more important to us that we join the faithful confession of the Holy trinity.

This truth is often misunderstood but is part of the essential revelation of God that Jesus has made known to us. Apart from this God there is no other.