Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thoughts and prayers for all the states that are having such severe weather right now.. Be safe everyone!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Been super busy, and in constant prayer for my son's FIL. Yesterday things got worse, yet God is faithful and he is still with us. Please pray, kidneys
need to function ASAP, collecting fluid on lungs, infection needs to be defeated. He was moved to ICU yesterday after they did a test which caused him to get worse.

Hope to be back soon with a good report to share from today.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #108  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

NELLY ~ ^Prayers^ are continuing for your son's FIL and his doctors for wisdom and the best care ...

We also want to THANK GOD today, that despite so much destruction yesterday, there were so few casualties & for the many miracles that took place -- like the two-year old girl who was found alive in a field 20 miles from her home. We also pray for comfort & peace for the families of those who were lost; and as work begins to rebuild their lives ...

NOTE: while I believe GOD can find out who we are praying for -- please give us as much information as you can. For instance, their first name & last initial, and maybe the state or town they live in. I just think the more specific we can be, the better -- esp when we are praying for life-threatening health issues ... thanks!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-03-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #109  

Sorry, I know it is easier to pray if you have a name. Randy G. from Texas, he is only 56. Yesterday his body rejected the dialysis which is the reason for the fluid in the lungs. Yes, it is life threatening, yesterday he became "unresponsive" which I'm guessing they meant, stopped breathing, and were ready to ventilate, but God intervened and they didn't have to. My son is married to one of his 5 daughters and they also have one son.Thanks for the prayers. I have not heard anything from them today, I hate to ask, they have so many closer relatives and friends to update. Wish they would start a caringbridge page, but that has not happened, they are using facebook some for updates.

I am very glad things weren't worse with the tornadoes, although, what has happened is very bad. There was a storm that went close to here that was producing tornadoes, but it went about 3 or 4 miles north.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #110  
Rosebud

Thanks Nelly, that really helps a lot; it just gets the right person's name up there faster and longer too, becuz we have lots of people who pray for others that don't post. I put Randy's name up on the current prayer's list on the first page as well; that way, we'll continue to pray for him until told otherwise ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-03-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #111  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Just an update-Mom's procedure went very well and she has had no extra pain from it-in fact, she felt so relieved to have it over with, she asked to go to Rib Crib for supper last night, so we called the men and met there

When we got to the department for her procedure, they had a tv on CNN showing the weather and we saw that the storms were headed right for my aunt, cousins, and a lot of friends, so I started praying and God protected them-the worst of the storm simply skipped over where they were! There were many tornadoes around their town, but there's was spared! Praise God indeed!
Just keep praying for all the others who were affected and who lost family and friends.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #112  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quick update on baby Cameron...out of hospital and home today. 2 stress fractures on skull but expected to make a full recovery! Praise be to our loving God :-)
Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #113  
Rosebud

OH, PRAIZE GOD ~ that is wonderful -- DH & I were praying for him again last night; we pray daily for people here, and say extra ones for those hurt badly or more severely ill ... again, PTL! What awesome news today ...
Old 03-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good news on baby Cameron. Praise the Lord !
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #115  

Glad the baby is doing good, that is such a blessing.

Only have time for a short update on Randy. He is still in ICU and no change. Breathing is difficult due to fluid because of the kidneys not working, which in turn was because of the internal infection not being under control.

thanks for continued prayers. he was worsened when they did a CAT scan because the stuff he drank for it made him sick. They had told the family they couldn't give it to him because the toxins would not be able to be filtered through his non-functioning kidneys, not sure why they did any how. Seems they took a gamble and lost.

The praise is that the CAT scan did not reveal any abscesses in his body.
Please continue to pray and also pray for any kind of positive change in his condition. There has been only worsening in the past 2+ weeks.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #116  

Gary, so happy to hear that baby Cameron. Our God is Awesome!! Prayers continue for all. Have a Wonderful Day
Old 03-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #117  
Rosebud

NELLY ~ sounds to me that the doctors were trying to find the source of the internal infection so they could give the appropriate treatments/meds to heal him. Yes, it was a gamble but the idea was probably right. I had even prayed that specific thing to the LORD -- that they would find the real source of the infection so they could cure it (if the source is healed, then the infection is cured, and then maybe his kidneys could recover as well, and so on).

It is possible that it is just some kind of virus or bacterium that has infected his body; but if they don't know the cause, then they are guessing at the cure as well. Medicine is just an educated guess a lot of the time. So ^prayers^ continue for wisdom, knowledge, and insight for the doctors as they try to figure this all out ... and that GOD will help Randy's kidneys and body heal with time.

UPDATE ~ Just wanted to update you all on my cousin, DEBBIE (Deb M.) -- she had her WL surgery in December and it all went well. She is just now able to eat solid foods again this month, so you see how long it takes to heal and restore eating. She is so happy that she is now off her Diabetes & Blood Pressure meds already; and that's fantastic. Thanks for your prayers for her ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #118  

Rosebud--Thank you! they know where the infection started, a gallstone escaped his gallbladder before they could remove it spreading infection. They tried to get to it, but too much infection, so the surgery failed.

I just got a text and they have him on a ventilator now. I appreciate the prayers, I have been praying and feeling defeated with each new bad report. My God is able, yet he is waiting too long

Also, my sister, Amy, is on route due to a retina in her left eye is detaching. I'm trying to hang on, but the ride is getting rough.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #119  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Continued prayers for Randy and adding Amy....

Asking for continued prayers for Mark. W/o going into detail (military stuff) his "issues" are really starting to stress my daughter, Amanda,....things going on that are very much not like him. Something she doesn't need with her baby due date next Saturday.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #120  

Prayers continuing for all!
Closed Thread