Has Anyone Attended First Place 4 Health Meetings?

• A local church is offering this program. Have any of you ever attended? Any feedback? I believe the total kit costs about $150. Pretty expensive for a Bible study, and I already have a plan I'm following.

Anyone been a part of that group? Thanks for any feedback.
  • Should clarify, I'm lowering calories, eating lots of fruits and veg and don't want a set "diet plan" to follow. I'm having success with what I'm doing. But a Christian based weight loss group is appealing.
  • First Place
    I have never attended but my mom has. She loves it. I haven't ever heard her say anything about the price but I think the concept is great. It is not only about healthy eating but eating the right way in order to live a healthy life and keep our bodies the way that God intended them to be.

I think the classes consist of scripture memorization. On a few occasions they hold little parties for the holidays were the members are encouraged to bring some sort of healthy dish. It is a great way for you to try things that you haven't before and get ideas for healthy meals at your own home.

Good luck in your decision making !!

Sarah
  • I think First Place is also called "The Lord's Table" if I am not mistaken; if you look down this forum page just a few threads, you will see one called by that same name. I gave a link to the online site for this group in that thread just the other day. The thread is not so active, but every now & then, someone new comes in and bumps it back up.

Yes, that does seem expensive for a church-based bible study, but you may be able to get a 60-day outline at the site for free. Check it out ...

BTW, do you have to buy the whole kit to attend the meetings? Maybe you could ask the organizer if you could just attend the group for a small fee. I wish our friend BOOTSIE was still here, as she was/is a leader for this group and probably could have answered your/my questions about this.

CORRECTION ~ oops, sorry folks -- FIRST PLACE 4 HEALTH is not the same as The Lord's Table; my mistake there. See the posts below for the online link for FIRST PLACE ... thanks Bootsie.
  • HEY BOOTSIE ~ thanks for clearing that all up for us; don't know why I thought they were the same group, but now we all know. Thanks for the online link for this group ...

http://www.outlookministry.org

Sorry to hear about your brother's passing; am sending ^prayers^ up for you ...