3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Has Anyone Attended First Place 4 Health Meetings?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #1

S/C/G: 197/186.5/140

Default Has Anyone Attended First Place 4 Health Meetings?

A local church is offering this program. Have any of you ever attended? Any feedback? I believe the total kit costs about $150. Pretty expensive for a Bible study, and I already have a plan I'm following.

Anyone been a part of that group? Thanks for any feedback.
gladsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #2

S/C/G: 197/186.5/140

Should clarify, I'm lowering calories, eating lots of fruits and veg and don't want a set "diet plan" to follow. I'm having success with what I'm doing. But a Christian based weight loss group is appealing.
gladsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #3

Default First Place

I have never attended but my mom has. She loves it. I haven't ever heard her say anything about the price but I think the concept is great. It is not only about healthy eating but eating the right way in order to live a healthy life and keep our bodies the way that God intended them to be.

I think the classes consist of scripture memorization. On a few occasions they hold little parties for the holidays were the members are encouraged to bring some sort of healthy dish. It is a great way for you to try things that you haven't before and get ideas for healthy meals at your own home.

Good luck in your decision making !!

Sarah
Sreports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I think First Place is also called "The Lord's Table" if I am not mistaken; if you look down this forum page just a few threads, you will see one called by that same name. I gave a link to the online site for this group in that thread just the other day. The thread is not so active, but every now & then, someone new comes in and bumps it back up.

Yes, that does seem expensive for a church-based bible study, but you may be able to get a 60-day outline at the site for free. Check it out ...

BTW, do you have to buy the whole kit to attend the meetings? Maybe you could ask the organizer if you could just attend the group for a small fee. I wish our friend BOOTSIE was still here, as she was/is a leader for this group and probably could have answered your/my questions about this.

CORRECTION ~ oops, sorry folks -- FIRST PLACE 4 HEALTH is not the same as The Lord's Table; my mistake there. See the posts below for the online link for FIRST PLACE ... thanks Bootsie.
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 11-16-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #5

I am here Rosebud, First Place is not just a Bible Study, it is an awesome study and if you follow the diet , you will lose weight along with the bible Study. It is not like the Lords Table. It is the most highly support I have ever received not just from our Lord Jesus but through the friends I made that stood through every step of the way with me. You are not ever alone, I wish we had a group here in Spicewood still, but we don't so I joined www. outlookministry.org on line . Might check it out, it is a wonderful place. Right now I have kinda lost my way, my brother went to be with the Lord August 29,2011 and I just am having a really hard time everyday. Since he died I gained 20 pounds, I feel terrible, but the ladies at the ministry have not given up on me, they are trying their best to pull me back up, they have shown great love and understanding and they don't even know me, but they still care. I know when I first joined a group here in Spicewood I lost a lot of weight and not just lost weight but God changed my heart within, I became a better person. He is still working on me ,might call me a work still in progress.

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food." Romans 14:20a (NIV

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HEY BOOTSIE ~ thanks for clearing that all up for us; don't know why I thought they were the same group, but now we all know. Thanks for the online link for this group ...

http://www.outlookministry.org

Sorry to hear about your brother's passing; am sending ^prayers^ up for you ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.