Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink Christian Encouragers ~ SEPTEMBER

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-01-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HAPPY SEPTEMBER, EVERYONE!

Finished dinner; just had something quick with a salad. DH is zonked and has already conked out here. He's been working very hard; oh, oh -- NIKO got stuck outside and DH just went out to rescue him. Now, he is running around and playing; full of energy ... hehe ...

One of my brothers just called and is coming up for a wee holiday and to see our house; will be nice to see him again as it's been awhile. Hope he has a safe and enjoyable trip up here, as he hasn't been up here in years.

I am slowly figuring out this new pc; figured out how to make documents, etc so was able to set up this new thread for us. This laptop screen is much bigger than I expected it to be and the keys are nice and big for typing too, but they are very touch sensitive though. I'll get used to it though.

to any and all newbies who joined while I was away for awhile.

GARY ~ you knew I was around somewhere; as long as I can get online, I will be here, for sure. We're all moved in now and so glad to be too. I explained all the confusion and issues in the last post of the August thread.

Better get this post sent as I keep accidently pressing the wrong keys and odd things are happening ... This is a long weekend in Canada -- hope everyone has a good one too. Take good care ... Rosebud
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Default Looking for encouragement and support

Having a heck of a time finding the motivation to ONCE again try to get this
weight off and in typical yo yo dieting fashion each time I put more weight on so now i find myself at my all time high of 235 pounds. I can't believe I weigh as much as an NFL linebacker..sigh...I have tried all the diets, just tried HCG and lost 24 pounds and then gained 30 back. Am suffering from fatigue, emotional burnout and really having a hard time. I know now summer is over I will have to go buy bigger pants cause the pants I wore before summer won't fit now. I looked into weight loss surgery but don't have that kind of money.
There must be someone here who has felt this way or been in this situation and I would sure appreciate some advice or encouragement. Thanks so much.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #4  
Rosebud

to our part of the forum; glad you found us over here, and I hope that we can give you some support and encouragement along the way. My number one motive is my health.

Well Frankie, that just about sums up many of us here, I think. We just have to keep going; there is no magic bullet or magic pill or magic surgery. Just perserverance & prayers. I am just going for healthy, balanced eating; as the yo-yo thing just doesn`t work for me, or anyone else for that matter ...

Stick around and come by often; as I think that is very important!

Had some rest this evening; my legs needed it. My brother should arrive sometime tomorrow; prayers for angels all around him on his journey up. My eating was pretty good today; was pleased. EAch day that I eat well, is a victory to me. We had baked chicken and veggies for dinner.

We will be taking it easy this long fall weekend; heard the geese on their way back south tonight -- bon voyage, my fine feathered friends. DH got our bird feeder back up today and heard some bird just singing her heart out that she found it again ...

Have a great weekend everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-03-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Thank you! Will for sure come by....takes a long time to realize that there is nothing but hard work that is going to get rid of this weight and then coming to the conclusion how much of it you have to lose. But it went on a pound at a time and that is how it will have to come off as well! Thanks again.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEK-END GALS

Sorry for not posting I have been visiting daily, thinking I will get back later to post but I don't.

Been busy here with work some days 4-6 hours and others a full day. Glad to have it, still, as projected, a lot of hit and miss here on the construction front. Just finished a delearship close to home.... for that travel! Only 5 miles from my home compared to the 100+ I was driving...yipee! We do have some other work close too soon but nothing too big. The Lord provides!

Most of my free time lately has been babysitting my dog. She is recovering nicely from her surgery but still down for 60-90 more days other than being able go out to the backyard leashed to go potty. I think she is going nuts having to be confined to the family room....especially when she is down here all by herself and everyone else is up on the second floor where the kitchen, dining and living rooms are....she can see right up there but is baby gated off. And of course she is the "pet me...me-me-me" one

An easy week-end planned other than a BBQ here on Monday.

I hope to get back later with some more news

Watched that GRANDdaughter last night I am off next week so I can watch her tues-thurs since my sister will be in Hawaii for the week. Since the son/dil went back to school (teachers for newbies here) my sister has been babysitting her.

Welcome frankie77 Keep posting and jump right on in!

ROSEBUD I am so happy to see you back and hear you are all moved in...almost ...does that ever really happen? And also so sorry for DH's diagnoses. That is a rough one, my family is well aware of that with my grnadma. Prayers as always...even if I don't post sometimes I still read!

Be back later...after the game(s)......

Be good
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #7  
Rosebud

That's right, FRANKIE ~ just focus on one pound at a time and one day at a time; seems so much less daunting that way ...

BE Back later ...
Old 09-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #8  
Rosebud

This new laptop sure takes some getting used to; keeps jumping all over the place but dont know why ... and I am in FRENCH MODE again; dont know how it happens and dont know how to get out of it ... sheesh ... what a pain in the derriere ... It must be some key or code I am touching. I need a pc techie or geek to help me.

GARY -- thanks for the prayers; DH was hit hard all in one day. He is out on a bike run right now as it helps keep his mind off things. He was so tired from moving and I know that affected his test results too; but we will move on and find alternative ways to deal with this.

Some family members have volunteered to take us up town about once a week or so as needed; we can pay for their gas and give them a little for their trouble too. I am making lists so we can get everything done at one time too. I think that will help a lot.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend; its nice and sunny here today. Nice temps too. I will go back and do a bit more UNpacking and sorting this afternoon and then rest my legs some more. Take good care ... Rosebud
Old 09-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #9  
Rosebud

OK, I have discovered that it's the touchpad on the laptop that is making things jump all over on me; I disabled the pad for now. You can use it as a mouse by using your fingers to move the pointer around (which is clever & very portable) but I bought a wireless mouse and am using that for mine for now.

I tried to do a search to find out how I am switching the keyboard to FRENCH MODE by accident; still no luck yet, but will keep searching until I find out the answer. It has to be out there somewhere ...

UPDATE ~ Ok, I googled (or binged) and got a response; had to change the character map on my pc in system tools to "Western" to stop the keyboard from jumping back and forth between english & french. Now I just have to figure out how Windows 7 stores my favorite sites; it was much easier in Windows XP ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-03-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #10  
Rosebud

UPDATE ON MY UPDATE ~ well, I found where my most FREQUENTED SITES are listed; and I just found that favorites STAR in the left hand/top corner of my page -- that may be it ... let's all sing la dah, dah, dah ...

I spent the night downloading some FREE songs; yes, they were free becuz I got some song cards from Highliner fish (got 10 free songs in all). That's always a nice thing. DH was out visiting his friends; making use of his bikes to get around. Now, he's zonked and wants to hit the hay.

We brought in our washer & dryer and a guy is coming to hook up the pipes next week, then we have to get in a electrician ... oh, I have so much to do; gotta write lots of lists these days.

Have a superbly Serene Sunday tomorrow ...
Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here is the news I couldn't share a few days ago ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...dpa-again.html
Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #12  
Rosebud

Congrats GARY ~ I had a sneaky suspicion that was it; but waited for the announcement. You'll have double the fun then ....

Weather was cool and overcast today; fall weather for sure. The rest of the week is supposed to much nicer: fall spring days they call them. More geese flying south today; they are starting early -- that may be a sign but then the leaves are turning a bit yellow and some are even falling already. This was a short leaf year; we had a late spring, but maybe the fall will hold off a bit yet. October may turn out to be nice too.

Gotta go fix something ...

I'm back for a jiffy; we had turkey with baked veggies for dinner. Made a small fruit crisp for dessert; a different mix of rhubarb & apricots with a bit of cinnamon. Was nice for a change. I make mine with less sugar & flour with some oatmeal too.

Hope all our friends here had a good day; and hope you all have a nice holiday Monday tomorrow too. Take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-04-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Yesterday was my last day at my church. The pastor asked me to help serve communion , which I was happy to do. After service they presented me with an Icon for my new home and a couple of fun gifts as well. After service a small lunchon. I will hate to leave this church and am praying I will find one that I love as much in my new home in Davis, Ca.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

We have a chance of rain here today, a lot of thunder and lightning in the distance. Pretty sure it won't blow out our Labor Day BBQ though, even if we have to cancel shuffleboard and have food inside. Not too big of one this year, 17-20 people, as my daughter and the kidnapper are with his family and my sister and one of her daughters is in Hawaii with my sister's best friend, who always is here for family parties too. Should be fun though....as always.

It was so cool to get the cal from my daughter that I could celebrate her pregnancy...weired knowing she was but having to so it didn't get out before the kidnappers family knew....one mention and that Facebook link we have would have gone crazy

Lazy week-end so far here. Spent most of Saturday watching the college football season kick-off games then yesterday after church I did a few chores but didn't do much other than watch my Dodgers and wait for NASCAR to start...which it didn't 'cause of rain. Of course my wife accomplished stuff she took in a yoga class after church with my stepdaughter then came home and made a bunch of eye pillows for her yoga class students.

Getting hard keeping Reba "down" here in the family room and leashed to go out side and potty...she feels so much better but we can't allow her to do ANY running or jumping or stairs! Next week we can walk her 1/4 of a block once a day.

BARGOO that is way cool on what happened at church I can't imagine having to leave my church for good, after 30 years...but I do know when we were looking in Washington a few years back, when we built that house up there, that there are other churches out there that we felt "at home" in. We were a bit sad to say good-bye to the church family up there and we were only there for 3 months. Although when we left we had thought we would be going back in the summer but then I had my "I can't live there w/o my family" issue I pray you find a great church home in Davis.

ROSEBUD Angie and I had rhubarb for the first time this summer, your crisp sounds really good! I have been buying full turkey breasts and roasting them, then using the meat for my sandwiches...way better than the lunch meat I buy and cheaper too! Happy that your computer issues are coming together. Continued prayers for your DH as you face this battle....one that I may face one day as it runs in my family.

Well, ladies have a very cool and fun day with your families
Old 09-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #15  
Rosebud

Well, it was cool again today; but the has finally came out to warm us up again. I hope it stays. We got some stuff done around the house; put up curtains in the bathroom, painted the rads bronze, and this morning, we built another step on the front porch as the one there was way too high for me.

We are slowly gettiing things done; there is a lot to do to get settled in a new place and it takes a while. Have to arrange for the furnace guy this week and the guy hooking up the laundry room will be here this week too. Fun, fun, fun ...

Dinner is almost ready; made pork chops in mushroom sauce with a rice & barley mix and veggies like broccoli and corn. Oh that FRENCH thing happened again; it must be shift + something code as it happens every time I am posting. I hope I will discover the ancedote by accident eventually.

Time to go check on dinner; have a great week everyone ... Rosebud
Closed Thread