Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #1  

Default failing in the faithfullness dept. HELP!!!!!

have no faith please help me to find it. i so want to believe that there is a wonderful and loving god out there that only want me to be happy and healthy. yet the trials and tribulaitions of my life have caused me to wonder and i feel more seperated from him now than ever before. i have posted a short discription of my life in the introduction room. i am sure i am mostly to blame for my adult mistakes, poor choices and poor behavior. put i don't want to live blaming the out of my control childhood things for my current weight and health issuesd. i want to wipe the slate clean and start a new with out the baggage i,ve carried for 40 yrs. where do i start? i'm not a good prayer, i don't have a church to go to even thought there are hundred in my town alone. i have never read the bible(seems to complicated to read)did buy it on cd but never got past first ten minutes. so there you have it. open to any and all suggestions
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It took me a long time in my life to find God. And it is such a relief and comfort to rely on Him.

For me, music is what touches me (LOL...not that I'm good at it!). Here's a link that would touch most people...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4sBISBPcI

I saw Tony Nolan in person. Wow. It was horrifying to hear of his life, and how he was, and then to see what happened when he found God.

Best wishes in your journey!

PS - the real video that goes with this song will make you cry too!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-27-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5"5

Oh decogo, I wish I could give you a big hug. I just read through your introduction. You've been through so much in your life, and have had many people fail you. I'm so afraid of sounding trite, but God is the One who will never fail you.

I know sometimes He seems so far away. But He is there, holding you, crying with you, loving you. He is the only one who will never cause you pain, instead He will endure it all with you...He will never leave you, instead he will pursue you relentlessly. He will always love you, with an unfailing love. He tells us this in His word.

“YOU ARE MINE...” (Isaiah 43:1) He says as he reaches for us.

“I LOVE YOU...” (John 3:16) He says as He holds our trembling body in His arms

“And in case you are still not certain: I will ALWAYS love you.” (Jeremiah 31:3)

His love is true. God sees our inside. There is no hiding from Him, no sealing up any hidden compartments of the heart. He already knows what is there. He sees all the flaws and secrets that no one else sees. Yet He loves you still.

“Other men have left you; have hurt you, but I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU.” (Hebrews 13:5).

Sometimes in this life we get burned and broken. Sometimes it's inevitable. Sometimes it's inflicted by another. Sometimes it's self inflicted. It's a kind of burning that happens inside, that dries us up or drains us out emotionally and leaves us bitter. I know from experience that sometimes these "droughts" last for a long time. But He has promised to NEVER leave us. To pass through all of it with us. With me. With YOU!

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." (Isaiah 43:2).

This doesn't mean that the experience is not painful, but it does mean that when the rest of the world walks out on you, there is still One there to ease the pain. He says to us "I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you" (John 14:18). And the truth is...He will.

God has a plan for each of us that are beyond our imagination. I know it's hard to see the purpose behind His plans - we have no idea what God is preserving us from or preparing us for - even now, I don't know what He's doing with me, or where He's growing me. What I do know, and try to remember, is that they are always for our good and His glory:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

"But He knows the way that I take. When He has tried me, I shall come out as gold" (Job 23:10).

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison" (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).

These verses have been of great comfort to me over the past few months, and I pray they speak to you too. I would urge you, ultimately, to pour out your heart to God – tell Him all your hurt, and pain and fears. We are able to ask God "why?" David who was called a "man after God's own heart" did this very thing:

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent." (Psalm 22:1-2)

We don’t need to speak eloquently, or know all the right words. We don’t need to follow a formulaic prayer. We are able to come to Him as children – broken, and in need of comfort. We are able to just cry out to Him our pain, our anger, and our fear, and He will comfort us. I know how it feels to be scared to let someone in, especially after being hurt so badly by others, but please don't try and hide from Him. He wants to be your hiding place instead:

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." (Isaiah 53:5)

My heart is really out to you. I pray that you will come to find God’s everlasting presence and care in your life.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #4  

Decogo!

Yay, you have come to the right place, and you are not here by accident! God draws his own, because of His for foreknowledge He knows who is His own,

1 Peter 1:2 (New International Version, ©2011)

2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

He will draw you. In fact because He loves you so much, He has drawn you here.

You said that you had a hard time getting into the Bible, well it's because it can only be spiritually discerned. The following is an excerpt from a Bible Study, I wrote... Well God wrote it using my hand LOL.

Quote:
You can’t understand the things of the spirit if you haven’t been born of the spirit, so having a relationship with Christ is a pre-requisite for studying the Bible.

I Corinthians 2:14 (NIV) says, 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I am not talking about religion; I mean having a relationship with Jesus Christ. God loves you so much He wants a relationship with you, and He has a plan for your life, but you need to be born of the Spirit. How do you become born of the spirit?

John 3:1-9 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Let’s take a closer look at this passage. Nicodemus came to Jesus with questions, and at first Jesus’, answers confused him. He asked, “How can a person be born again? Go back into his mother’s womb?” Jesus answer was “unless one is born of the water” (the womb) “and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” Then Jesus tells Nicodemus that flesh is temporary and of the world, it cannot enter into the Kingdom, but the Spirit is eternal . When you get born again it is an awakening of the Holy Spirit with you. Verse eight says, Have faith! You believe in earthly things you cannot see and not understand, you can’t see the change on the outside immediately.

Take note of verse nine, Nicodemus says, “How can these things be?” He wanted to know how to be born of the Spirit. And Jesus gives him the answer, gives all of us the answer in verse fifteen.

“Whoever believes in Him (Jesus) should not perish but have eternal life.” God tells us in His word, He wants us all to be with Him in heaven (II Peter 3:9), yet heaven is a perfect place. God won’t let it be corrupted by sin, any sin. (Revelation 21:27), So unless you are perfect, without sin, you are not allowed in heaven. However, we are all sinners and separated from God, so now what do you do?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The cost of sinning (wages) is death (separation from God) but the Gift is eternal life. You can’t be good enough to get to heaven on your own. It’s a gift!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Jesus is the perfect Son of God, and He paid the price for your sin, because you can’t afford it, you can’t be perfect. It’s important you realize your need for Christ and accept Him as your own savior. Receive the gift of God, and confess your sin and need for him.

Romans 10: 8 & 9 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”(that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

It’s as simple as acknowledging you are a sinner and believe in your heart Jesus died on the cross for your sin.

II Peter 3:9 God is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance.

If you don’t have a relationship with Christ, here is how you start, pray like this, to Jesus, in your own words, and mean it with all your heart.

~Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I receive You as my Savior, and ask You to forgive my sins. I acknowledge You are the Lord of my life and I turn my life over to you, and ask you to help me turn from my sin and turn to You.
Thank you my Lord, in Jesus name, amen.~
Now you have prayed this prayer and meant it, God will begin to change you from the inside out, He will change your desires. In fact, your desire will be for the things of God. By grace you are saved—a gift from Your Lord! You will find yourself hungry for the Bible. You will understand it, and it will apply to your life. It's amazing!

Please let us know if you pray that prayer, we would love to welcome you into the family!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #5  

thank you all who posted to me. i have been so lost for so long i can hardly see any goodness anywhere. it seems everyone is out for themselves and there a lack of love thy neighbor. yes i tearfully prayed the prayer you posted. my sins are huge in numbers but i will believe that they are now forgiven. i thought i'd have to individually name each sin but i guess god already knows them so that simple prayer will cover them all. now how do i recieve the spirit so my heart stops aching and this darkness that has hovered over me for many years is lifted and i can recieve the light of life. i here alot about fellowship. how do i get that. i know i sound like a child learning for the first time. the rut ive dug is dark and deep and i know god will provide the tools i need to climb out, stand up ,spead my wings and soar like an eagle. i have to believe with all my heart because the is no other alternative. i.ve tried it on my own now i have to let go and let go and let god.thank you for helping me, off to bed and god bless my new friend on 3fc.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #6  

did not have a chance to post yesterday but i have to say. after saying that prayer i didn't seem so dispondent yesterday, I felt lighter in spirit and in weight. all the day i did what i did without anticipation of something in return. for example i mowed someones lawn. not because they asked or i expect a reward of praise. because i felt like it. in the end i went to work and last night and had a great evening.thank you jesus. now for my sat morn weigh in i lost 12lbs(240-12 =228) thank you again jesus. i feel pretty good about the route i've taken and i'm happy to have found 3fc for the support and knowledge it hasd and will be giving me. wow another gift to thank jesus for 3fc. have a good day all and be blessed
Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

& DECOGO ~ the posts you have been sent here are wonderful. So glad that you prayed the SALVATION PRAYER that Kelli shared with you; now you are a child of GOD -- you have been FORGIVEN and your slate has been wiped clean ... You can start your life anew! Isn't that wonderful?

As with anything new, take baby steps; don't be too hard on yourself. Take one day at a time; the LORD doesn't expect any more than that becuz HE knows your heart & mind & thoughts. Faith is a gift from GOD -- again, just ask JESUS to fill your heart & soul with faith. FAITH is just being willing to believe & hope in the LORD ...

Then ask JESUS to fill you with His Holy Spirit, and HE will wash you and make you clean; He also starts to work in your life to heal you too. Soon (as you already have), you will start to see a difference; a little bit each and every day.

Go to the SALVATION PRAYER thread in this forum and read some of the scripture verses there and ideas on how to start out your new walk with the LORD. You can get daily devotionals on the net which don't take much time at all; maybe 5 minutes a day and are a good place to start. THE DAILY BREAD is a good one; just google that and you'll find it.

There is also a thread in this forum with daily scriptures; I think it would be good for newbies to read a scripture a day. Then later, you can get a bible and start reading it as mentioned in the Salvation thread starting with the Gospel of John, then the other gospels and books of the NT, plus Psalms & Proverbs, etc. I find a chapter a day is plenty ...

You are on your way; the Christian walk is a life-long journey of continued growth ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #8  

hey there. my name is dee. im 5'9 240lbs, just turned 51 on 4/5. i need to lose at least fifty lbs. heres my tale{ie:excuse for being overweight and unhappy}. rough childhood, i'm divorced twice, last boyfriend of nine years caught him in my bed with someone else. I was so hurt i threw up 50lbs literaly.13 months ago. now lost job, gain 50 back. moved to new state so i don't have to see him w/her. now he calls saying sorry today,back with her tomm. flip flop flip flop. got another job. its ok not great. haven,t met many people. most fellow employees are young 20's. so i need help,hints,tricks, to change my life around. i wasted the first century. want to live to the max but don't know were to start. its hard to climb out of the fat hole when it seems like foods your only friend. been looking on line for places to meet people. problem is most are at night and i work 2nd shift.. any advise greatly appiciated. i copied and pasted my post from the intrduction forum so what i say wont seem like its out in left field. i am a little down and out today. i've tried the suggestions posted to me. the problem is i'm still alone,by myself,no human contact, lonely. i called some people back home and to my surprise their lives went on without me living there. it seems like im the only one stuck like a hampster on a wheel. moving as fast as i can and getting nowhere. i'm bginning to think that i shouldn't have run away from the heartbreak. I think feeling betrayed,humiliated and used is better than afraid,lonely and unloved. can i walk into a church and say save me. could i walk in the door and just weep in a pew util there are no more tears. would i need to make an appointment. would they throw me out at dark. what kind of church would i go to catholic?baptist?christian? reformed???? I feel i need to hold someones hand hash out all the turmoil bottled up in me and then be saved. does any of this make sence or am i nuts.please advise quickly I hear all 48 flavors of baskin robbins calling my name.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #9  

hi again. todays situation for discussion is this first why do they make clothes for larger women have giant pattern or flowers on them. I'm a big girl with big tata's and do not need big daisies or sunflowers plastered on the chest area of the shirt i where.
secondly today at work we had a meeting to discuss uniformity amongs the staff being that the tourism season is about to begin.we are to wear black long sleeves button down collared shirts. no problem went to mens dept bought a couple xxl. the problem is they want them tucked in. i am not comfortable with my shirt tuck in it add more stuffing to the already over stuff bottom half.then the muffin top happens and theres no hiding the pooch in front. I would prefer a shorter type shirt that breaks up the bigger area and looks better. I also like aprons and vest to help hide the bulges and rolls. you would think they would want their employees to look their best and be confident with their appearence instead of forcing them to conform to the appearence of the 20yr old that look ok in their uniform. just another way to beat down the moral of someone who is already in the grips of ho hum
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

decogo, you have been given some wonderful scriptures. You don't have to try to read the whole Bible at once. Reread the wonderful scriptures you have been given, Pick the ones that seem to have the most meaning for you and reread them every day. Yes, you can walk into a church and sit in a pew and weep. Have you had any affiliation in the past with a church ? If so you might want to look for one of that same denonimation. If not my suggestion would be to pick one of the well known protestant religions. Prebyterian, Methodist, Baptist are just a few you might consider. Catholic might be a little too hard for you. I would suggest a church where you can find caring , loving people and a Pastor who is interested in helping you. If the first church is not like that , try another one. You can ask God to direct you to the right church .

Last edited by bargoo; 06-25-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

ITA w/Bargoo. You can go to any church. Most churches have these little forms for new people to fill out. I'd suggest not doing it the first time. If you like the church and want to attend more often, then fill it out. They will contact you.

When we (my late husband and myself) were looking for a church, we went into one for the Sunday School class and as we were going into the church for service, he told me to NOT fill out the form. I had to totally agree with him. That didn't work for us.

As for the Bible being difficult to read, I suggest you go to your local library. They have different Bibles there. You can read one that is NOT the King James version. The KJ version is more difficult. Also, if there is a religious store near you, you can get a New Testament pocket sized Bible and carry it with you.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #12  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by decogo View Post
hi again. todays situation for discussion is this first why do they make clothes for larger women have giant pattern or flowers on them. I'm a big girl with big tata's and do not need big daisies or sunflowers plastered on the chest area of the shirt i where.

ITA! And why are most women's sizes for someone who is 5' 10"?

the problem is they want them tucked in. i am not comfortable with my shirt tuck in it add more stuffing to the already over stuff bottom half.then the muffin top happens and theres no hiding the pooch in front.
Again, ITA. I hate having my shirts tucked in. I didn't even like having them tucked in when I was skinny.

What do you do that is "tourism" related? Also, depending on where you are, if the tourism season is beginning and we are heading into summer, won't black long sleeves be a bit on the warmish side?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #13  

thanks bargoo and mare.the church situation i was raised catholic, went to catholic school for twelve year . i really started to lose my faith when my dad head lector,head of choir,head maintance and all around good catholic got cancer. They removed 40% of his face including his nose,jaw teeth and mouth. We list him in the pray bullitin and had them pray for him. After being in that church 30 something years and sending his children there and repairing things for free, sometimes doing two or three masses on sunday when he got sick no one called or came to see him. we took him to mass when he was up to it and they were disturb by his face or lack of it. if he couldn't go to them why couldn't they come and pray with him at home. were the priest to busy. almost three years later my farther was in his last days. the hospice people asked if we wanted last right we assumed he did so they called in the priest. My dad used his last ounce of energy to tell the priest to get out. you weren't here when i was living and i don't need you when i'm dying. it was painful to see such a religious man turn from his faith. we knew that god knew he was an exceptional good man and would welcome him home with open arms. that was 22years ago. since then i have had cancer.had a brother in a coma for ten years after a unlicenced and uninsured driver ran him over. lost another dear friend to cancer at 49. and my mom has alz and was placed in a nursing home 2 years ago. i guess you can say i feel that god is picking on my family. i know they say you don't get more than you can handle and i'm thankful that my sence of humor has helped me through all these trials and tribulations. i also that that does not kill us only makes us stronger.well i must be wonder woman by now. i am tired of everything in life(relationships,money health,employment) always being a struggle for me. i really would like to work hard and be paid what that jobs is worth fairly. i'd like to be able to pay my bills each month on time without robbing peter to pay paul. i would like to meat someone who will see me and not be looking for what appears to be the next best thing. and i would like to lose weight and get healthy so i would hurt so much physically and mentally. is that to much to ask? now you see why my faith is almost all gone. the only part of faith i have is i do believe in god. whats next

as for my job I work at a hotel so its chilly inside due to the airconditioner. I work as a waitress,bartender, banquet server for business meetings, wedding and so forth.most of the other servers are from a near by college. they last a few month and move on. I on the other hand @51 need to work and it took me a while to get this job so i basically do what i'm told. I think most employers hire people like me as a staple and the college kids as eye candy.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by decogo View Post
thanks bargoo and mare.the church situation i was raised catholic, went to catholic school for twelve year . i really started to lose my faith when my dad head lector,head of choir,head maintance and all around good catholic got cancer. They removed 40% of his face including his nose,jaw teeth and mouth. We list him in the pray bullitin and had them pray for him. After being in that church 30 something years and sending his children there and repairing things for free, sometimes doing two or three masses on sunday when he got sick no one called or came to see him. we took him to mass when he was up to it and they were disturb by his face or lack of it. if he couldn't go to them why couldn't they come and pray with him at home. were the priest to busy. almost three years later my farther was in his last days. the hospice people asked if we wanted last right we assumed he did so they called in the priest. My dad used his last ounce of energy to tell the priest to get out. you weren't here when i was living and i don't need you when i'm dying. it was painful to see such a religious man turn from his faith. we knew that god knew he was an exceptional good man and would welcome him home with open arms. that was 22years ago. since then i have had cancer.had a brother in a coma for ten years after a unlicenced and uninsured driver ran him over. lost another dear friend to cancer at 49. and my mom has alz and was placed in a nursing home 2 years ago. i guess you can say i feel that god is picking on my family. i know they say you don't get more than you can handle and i'm thankful that my sence of humor has helped me through all these trials and tribulations. i also that that does not kill us only makes us stronger.well i must be wonder woman by now. i am tired of everything in life(relationships,money health,employment) always being a struggle for me. i really would like to work hard and be paid what that jobs is worth fairly. i'd like to be able to pay my bills each month on time without robbing peter to pay paul. i would like to meat someone who will see me and not be looking for what appears to be the next best thing. and i would like to lose weight and get healthy so i would hurt so much physically and mentally. is that to much to ask? now you see why my faith is almost all gone. the only part of faith i have is i do believe in god. whats next

as for my job I work at a hotel so its chilly inside due to the airconditioner. I work as a waitress,bartender, banquet server for business meetings, wedding and so forth.most of the other servers are from a near by college. they last a few month and move on. I on the other hand @51 need to work and it took me a while to get this job so i basically do what i'm told. I think most employers hire people like me as a staple and the college kids as eye candy.
About the job, ask them if there is an acceptable alternative to the uniform.
I don't like my shirts tucked in, either, I find it to be uncomfortable. See if there is something acceptable that doesn't need to be tucked in. Maybe something tunic like.

Back to church. Many people have been abused by church for various reason.But remember God has not given up on us. He loves and cares for you no matter what, and he knows your pain.
I don't know what area you live in so I can't recommend any particular church , I made a few suggestions in my previous post.
There is a poster on here he goes be EZMoney, Ez is a friend I have never met. But this is a Christian man , I know he attends a Lutheran Church in Southern Ca. He knows scripture and he knows how to pray. Sometimes he has to be away from 3FC because of hos work but he genarally posts quite ofte. Watch for his posts he is a good source of good solid Christian support.,

Last edited by bargoo; 05-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #15  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
There is a poster on here he goes be EZMoney, Ez is a friend I have never met. But this is a Christian man , I know he attends a Lutheran Church in Southern Ca. He knows scripture and he knows how to pray. Sometimes he has to be away from 3FC because of hos work but he genarally posts quite ofte. Watch for his posts he is a good source of good solid Christian support.,
I was wondering where he is. Gary (EZ) is a very nice man. Gary, Angie, boobalah and I all went to lunch when we were in S. Diego. They are a wonderful Christian family. Dee, he has actually posted on here asking if we need prayers and he will post a prayer dedicated to you personally.

I can totally understand how your dad turned his back on the Catholic Church. My mom was active in her church and was constantly visiting sick people for years. When we asked that someone visit her in her final days, not one person bothered to call or come over. Needless to say, we asked the hospice minister to officiate at her funeral instead of the minister at Olive Baptist.

Now, just to make you giggle. When the hospice minister came in to meet us, we took him in to meet Mom. He introduced himself and asked if he could come in and periodically read his Bible to her. She, in NON minced words, announced that she could read her own Bible, thank you. My sister and I almost fell out of our chairs!
Closed Thread