I don't Need WATER!

• So the man told God he didn't need WATER to live. "I live just fine in the desert without your WATER I don't want or like the WATER."

God heard the man and saw he did not drink the WATER. God still provided the man with his coffee, his cola, his juice, his fruit and many more things that included water. Still, the man did not drink of the WATER that God had provided.

As the man grew old he saw his coffee, his cola, his fruit and many more things that included water dry up. Yet the man did not drink of the WATER that God had asked him to....he did not want it.

Because the man did not drink of God's WATER, after death, he continued to live in the desert, the desert God did not take away from him...there he thirsted continuously for eternity...as he had never drank of the WATER God had asked him to.

John 4:14 (New International Version)
    14 but whoever drinks the WATER I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of WATER welling up to ETERNAL life.”
  • I am guilty!
    I really need to drink more water. Not only that proven fact it helps you lose weight.[/CENTER]
  • YES, GARY ~ I am just reading a great book right now ("The Power of Praise") that explains what the WATER is ... what was JESUS talking about? He was talking about the Living Water or GOD's HOLY SPIRIT in us! That is the blessing He sends to dwell within us -- to wash us & cleanse us (from all unrighteousness & sin), to teach us, to heal us, and transform us into the kind of people that can & will LOVE & SERVE OTHERS and bring GLORY TO GOD!!!

All we have to do is ask for it. Ask JESUS to fill you up with the HOLY SPIRIT, and He will. The Holy Spirit is THE POWER by which GOD accomplishes all of the above. Over time, you will sense Him working in your life, and you will be blessed with the gifts of the HOLY SPIRIT ~ such as LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE (longsuffering), KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, and SELF-CONTROL. (Galatians 5:22/23)

And, there are other spiritual gifts that are explained in detail in I Corinthians, chapters 12-14 ...

Thanks for sharing this with us ...
  • Oh sorry for misunderstanding you Gary. With Rosebuds help, I see now you are talking about the water Jesus was talking about when the lady came to the well.

Gee........I thought you was talking about water and how we go about not drinking water but still drinking it in other drinks but not realizing without water those drinks could not be. OOPS! Sorry!

I still find myself guilty!
  • I get the post, but it's "desert" not "dessert".
  • Quote: I get the post, but it's "desert" not "dessert".
    I use to always get those mixed up, but years ago someone told me to think of it like this, desert (has one s as in sand) and dessert (has two S's as in strawberry shortcake). LOL--its the only thing that ever helped me to remember.
  • HA! Thanks for the spell check Janelle and the helpful hint MzHopeful.....

I must have been getting most of my "water" from the beer that night....

I need to remember that Jesus is My living water!