Old 04-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #1  

Default The mighty Power of your "one thought"!

Week 10 Day 1
Stay Focused

If you are overweight, I bet almost every waking moment is spent thinking about either your weight, or food. II Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Read the rest here: http://flowersoverthewall.com/stayfocused.html
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:16 PM   #2  

Hehe, woops, I have a website, and they thought I was copying from it without permission. Thank you Mod's for watching out for us writers!

I guess when I am posting from my website I need to say something like copied with permission.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Remember, If God wouldn't have put the Giant in David's life, he would have been just another shepherd boy!
Oh, I see it. Adversity makes us rise to our best! How inspiring, and thanks for it.
triasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #4  

I am so excited, my book Flowers Over the Wall is almost ready to be published. I had it professionally edited, and my brother -who is already a successful writer-made my cover, and it's beautiful! You can still get it for free at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/37300.

I have also been reading my brothers books, WOW! they are fiction based on Revelation and the end times, They are so awesome. They are called 'The Son of Man' it is a series (just 3) not like Left Behind, I think that had 12, LOL. He has it all over, its still free at Smashwords too. Well anyway the first one is.

I just want to thank all those that have been praying for me and this Diet Bible study!

For the last couple of years God has clearly been showing me that dieting is wrong and actually feeds the compulsion to overeat. But there has been such a conflict in my soul, because I know going to food and overeating is also idol worship... I can't tell you how many times I prayed, asking God to give me the answer to this question. Should I restrict my food, or should I just eat when I want, and what I want? Then the other night, I was reaching for a piece of Strawberry rhubarb pie, and I thought 'I am not hungry, but I am not supposed to worry about it'. Then I thought 'But then am I going to food for comfort? Because if so, then that is a sin too! What do I do Lord, do I restrict or do I not restrict'?

Then God answered, out of the blue, on a Thursday night at 10:30 pm... He said, "It's not a "Either/Or", it's a, "AND".

Nobody understands it when I tell them that's what he said to me, but I knew exactly what He was saying. He was saying it is Idol worship to get all caught up in dieting and obsessed about what I look like, or to diet for the sole purpose of looking good... AND, it's also Idol worship to overeat!

I think people don't get it because they go DUH??? I thought you already knew that, but I didn't! I guess God had to pound the "Dieting for the sole purpose of being skinny, concept into my brain".

God is so Good!!
Love, Kelli
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Kelli I am so happy you have finished your book!

I read through some of it and am really excited for you!!

My prayers are that your book reaches all those in need of it!!

Sell millions!!!....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #6  

Thanks so much Gary, you are awesome!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #7  

So excited (as usual) I posted my book on Amazon and the Kindle edition has been downloaded almost 10,000 times!!! Just since Wednesday! All these years of striving, trying to get it into peoples hands that might need it... It just was not God's time.

As of This morning, July 31, 2011 Flowers over the Wall was ranked:
#55 in the free top one hundred at Amazon.com
#2 in "free Bibles and sacred texts"
#2 in "bestsellers in Christian Bible"
#10 in "free nonfiction"
#3 in "Bestsellers religion and spirituality"

I have decided to stop looking at the ranks, because it distracts me from the purpose of the study. Thanks to all of you who prayed for me!

Love, Kelli
Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AWESOME!! Kelli....I am so happy for you!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Congratulations Kelli, and to your brother as well -- it is true that our dreams must come in GOD's perfect time, and for HIS glory. He will use your works to reach those who need your message at this time and in the future. I'm sure you are thrilled to see this flower blossoming finally ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #10  

Okay, I pulled both the Kindle version and the printed version from Amazon, and deleted the part that said "we were communing with demons" when we use food for comfort and love.

Thanks for you help Rosebud.

Love Kelli
Old 08-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

We are always a work in progress Kelli!

Thanks be to God for your work on your book!

A blessing to many!