Old 12-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #61  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ nice to see some of our newbies coming back for a visit. We have been having milder temps here (yeah), so of course that means more ***** has been falling, but that's OK with me as I actually love the snow. This is the kind of weather we grew up with; just cold enuff for snow but not too cold. We lived in a snow belt in the southern part of the province, so this brings back good memories.

BOOTSIE

Sounds like you had a very good day (or two) thanks to special friends and family. I found that our chickens were really comical to watch; and yes, they do make wonderful pets too.

YES GARY ~ the porch is all done up nicely; I will take some pics and see if I can get them loaded up on here. Got my tree decorated this week too; it has been up for a while but I picked up some more decos & wrapping paper yesterday. I am doing a different color scheme this year: blue, white, and silver (last year was red, white & gold).

I vacuumed up a storm yesterday and that was great exercise; today, I cleaned off the front porch -- not a big job as it isn't a very big porch, but the fresh air was nice too. I bought a lot of stuff this year, so I don't have to do a lot of baking -- so fewer temptations that way. I bought some different kinds of cheeses, meats, and pickles; as well, as nuts, crackers, pretzels, and bit & bites that the guests like.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week -- may you all be blessed with LOVE, and PEACE, and JOY, and GOODWILL. Indeed, what GOOD TIDINGS the angels brought at that time, that Emmanuel (GOD with us) was coming to the earth to bring us all these great things -- through our blessed JESUS CHRIST (our Messiah). What a wonderful gift to us all ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-21-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thank you Rosebud! This morning told me how much fun I had. Ha! Will just cut down today for tonight eating out. I am going to get busy like you today Rosebud and see if I can burn some calories.

Gary I know what you are going through but after Jan 1st we can get back on track and as fast as time flies it will be here soon. Everyone is wanting to go out and eat and yes Mexican seems to be everyone's favorite. What do you eat when you eat Mexican food? I had a Grandma special two soft tacos and salad and i took the tortilla off one of them should of done both like that,which was not bad yesterday it was just that cheesecake that gets me! I am staying away from it today freezing it!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #63  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals

Boy oh boy is it ever raining here. Flooding everywhere! we are ok where we live, although my backyard is now a swimming pool...may need to put the goldens in life-vests before they can go out and potty

ROSEBUD I am happy that you are getting snow but staying warm. Sounds like you are all set for the birthday

BOOTSIE I love Mexican food! But I don't do so well calorie wise there. In the old days I would get a 2 cheese enchilada plate with rice and beans, then add on a taco or two or add on a burrito.....then eat it all....of course I go crazy over the chips and salsa too. Now, If I get the cheese enchiladas and am not too hungry I leave it at that.....if I am hungry I add 1 taco. I eat the taco, 1 enchilada and 1/2 the rice and beans....bring home 1 enchilada and 1/2 the rice and beans for lunch. Not good on calories but so much better than the way I used to eat. I just need to lay off the chips! We eat at our Mexican joint probably 3 times a month or so...I do switch what I eat, chili Colorado, fajitas, etc but my "go to" plate will always be the cheese enchiladas.

Have a great day GALS
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Mexican food ....love it ...my favorite is chili verde, but a little chicken enchalada is pretty good, too and burritos....taco salad and of course Flan. Not all at once, though,. I avoid the chips and salsa and feel very virtious, !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #65  

When I lost my 90 pounds I would have the green chicken enchilada's and they were oh so good. Never gained but lost weight on them.
I got broke of the chips and salsa yesterday Gary, they served some really hot salsa and I could not talk,it was hard to breath,throat swelled up, tears came to my eyes loosen my sinus up too. Gee! I let it sit there and drunk cold water and tea, till I was normal again. Lanell kept asking me questions, and I could not talk hardly. i think she thought I was having a heart attack! Ha! It must of been made with that Haberina or how ever you spell it the hottest pepper I know of. Don't think I ever will taste the salsa again, eating out.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OUCH! Bootsie....I love salsa but mild...not hot!

I love chili verde too, chicken enchiladas, carnitas,....heck...ALL OF IT!

Be good
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #67  

Gary y'all made the news here! I think God forgot where Texas is, praying he stops the rain there and sends it down here, poor people up North also praying for y'all too! Especially the ones who have lost their homes. If there was just someway the government could spend money to figure out a way to send that water to places who need it and away from those who don't want it or need it! That could put America back in balance with jobs and economy for it takes water to water crops, animals, people to run cities ect...

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-22-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great idea BOOTSIE!

A lot of people around here are being flooded out of their homes but so far no one has been hurt. Angie and I are fine...just wet!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #69  

I heard the rain stopped there Gary? They are givng us 50% chance of rain tomorrow sure hope so!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

The rain has stopped BOOTSIE and now the cleanup begins. Road closures, stores and houses full of mud across the state. Angie and I won't need to water for a month...lol

Down in San Diego the city is busting butt trying to get Qualcomm Stadium dried out for the Poinsettia Bowl tonight. A big game around here for us with San Diego State in it and NAVY. The stadium is just a mile from my daughter's place.

A nice day is just breaking here...sun is out!

Prayers for all
Old 12-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #71  

Bargo how are you doing? Glad the rain stopped there , got a sprinkle here few minutes ago now calling for 70% tomorrow, that is A Ok with me! If it freezes might have a snow white Christmas in Texas!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #72  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!
We're having a very white Christmas here with about 10 more inches of snow on top of the 12 we already had!

I have been thinking about the angels declaration to the shepherds of 'Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people.' Thinking what a wonderful promise that was-the greatest joy of all had come and that we need not fear anymore! Especially relating to our last couple years, I'm just trying to hold on to that promise and hope all of you can as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Day and weekend! God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PRAYING FOR A BLESSED NEW YEAR FOR ALL !!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS ......Thanks for the GIFT

Well Gals we had our Christmas Eve family/friend gift exchange and dinner after church last night. I made 3 kinds of chili and had ham, turkey and salami for sandwiches. Plenty of goodies were brought by all. I didn't do too bad on the eating....I never eat the goodies anyway.....but I should have stopped on the beers sooner

Church was packed at the 6:00 service, we decided not to go back to the 10:00 candlelight....we love it but were pretty exhausted after the afternoon of getting everything ready and stuff. We had probably 25 people here...loud and festive I found my dogs all curled up in my bed...the older they get the less they like all that noise and people...kinda like their daddy

Love-love the family and friends of course but quiet time is nice too

Angie and I are pretty much on our own today although I have a step-d, a friend and a nephew crashing in the guest bedrooms right now...I have their keys Then tomorrow the kids will all be here for our personal Christmas, they were all here last night too. Today they go to their other parents house, grandparents, etc.

I just can't get over how blessed I am ....thank you JESUS Sitting in church last night with my son/dil ~ daughter/sil ~ step-d and her friend ~ a couple of nieces and nephew and my sister....and so many friends that don't come to church often anymore.....so good to see them. Watching my wife play bells up front with the bell choir, the kids and adult choirs singing...along with all of us joining in....and the story

What a wonderful-WONDERFUL STORY!

To have Jesus in your is just something that can't be explained worthy enough to those that don't have Him ....but boy when you have it.... WOW!

ENJOY YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Old 12-26-2010, 02:47 AM   #75  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

We had a lovely day and evening with friends, listiening to music and visiting; the tree and my new fireplace stove looked really nice in the livingroom -- a great ambiant feeling. We were really blessed this year ..

We managed to get everything done in time for our guests and they all came again this year; that was nice to spend this wonderful day with friends we've known a long time. The food was great; all the pre-prep turned out to be a real help and even though I was still tired, it was not like last year. Near the end of the day, my body was feeling a bit sore -- thank goodness that DH snuck to the sink and washed all the dishes for me.

Well, I did eat some stuff this year; I tried to eat just a little of each but some I didn't as my tummy doesn't seem to like some of it anymore -- and that is probably a good thing, I think! I will gladly get back to my routine eating this year; glad the new healthy habits are becoming engrained.

We don't eat a lot of Mexican food here; but we have tried the tostidos. You are surrounded with Mexican restaurants so it is right there for you. I suppose we all have our temptations around us. Here it is more contempory fast foods like burgers and fries, which we don''t buy much anymore.

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas celebrating JESUS' birthday ... so glad He came for you and me and everyone else too -- have a nice Christmas weekend. Tomorrow, I will be resting and recuping ... take good care, Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-26-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote