3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Old 10-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #91
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ oh, I have one of those pedometers but will have to hunt it down; I tried using it but it wouldn't count my steps. The instructions said that I had to put it on my underpants near where my leg moves (top of thigh) so it would register, so I did that and I think it worked a bit, but then it kept falling off on me.

I'll try to find it again and see what happens.
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-28-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #92
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Bootsie ~ Thanks so much for explaining the inside out cake. It sounds really good. I'm not really a cake person...I'd rather have the icing LOL.

One for every 5lbs GONE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Last edited by islandchick1; 10-29-2010 at 02:37 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #93

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Well I took it to the store this morning and everyone loved it so I have to make 4 more like that and one Extra large German Chocolate to serve at the carnival Well best go the Siamese twins are into something! Found them on the back of a rocking chair trying to jump on the ceiling fan going round and round the other day, they are so funny but so destructive! I came in and they tore one of my plants up and dirt was everywhere on the counter! They got to running and turned over my coffee and it splashed everywhere last night. Then David was taking on the phone and one hit the back of his recliner behind his head and the other ran over his belly and up the stairs they went chasing each other! They are like squirrels!

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food." Romans 14:20a (NIV

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #94

Still no more weight loss but thank the dear Lord no weight gain! Tonight I will eat before I go to the Halloween Carnival if I go, have the back door trots so may not make it. I don't really want to go anyway feel kinda just yucky for some reason. I got the 4 cakes done for the cake walk and two for the serving last night. I am so glad I have two ovens working! Got the goats wormed this morning,Sheep with babies with the rest. Sausage is in the yard my 19 year old border collie and just loving it so far, gave Pepper her pen and Chester the other old dog says THANK YOU! THANK YOU! He had just about enough of Pepper. Cleaned out my young border collies swimming pool and filling it back up , that reminds me need to set the timer . Hope y'alls day is going great

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Old 10-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #95
Rosebud

Got a bit of extra walking in today; plus the regular walking plus did one load of laundry and some light housechores for the day when we got back home. We had baked fish & chips (I had a few baked sweet potato fries) with a nice big mixed salad for dinner tonight.

BOOTSIE ~ prayers going up for you that the fox trots leave you soon; hope you didn't have any cake -- I can't eat cake anymore, esp chocolate or that gives me the "runs"; so I just avoid it. Glad your cakes turned out and were so well received; are you kidding -- free cake: most men won't turn that down! Your kitties sound like little rascals, but fun too! Hope you have a restful day tomorrow ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-30-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #96

Great Rosebud I exercised 45 minutes this morning with Christian music from First Place. I was only going to exercise 30 minutes but I did 15 extra for my best friend!
Had banana and a cup of soy milk light mixed with ice this morning, for breakfast.
Have to go dust the goats for flies and do housework all day and make some cupcakes for my husband and the guys in the morning. Seems they done a lot better on their cake walk without me running it that is wonderful to me, so they can ask them to do it again next year! Yeah! I want to volunteer work for the new hospital that is going in about 15 miles from here one day a week.
Volunteering at the hospital and working the ranch and store will keep me very busy! Well I best get going want to get this place cleaned up. Have a great day!

Rosebud No cake for me but I sure wanted some!

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-31-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #97
Rosebud

GOOD FOR YOU BOOTSIE ~ I had a few little treats last night, but I figured I would, so I deliberately ate less during the day; and that worked out great. Plus the fact that we bought stuff that was small (so less calories); and today continues on track as well. DH is gonna eat what's left of the small bags of chips, etc and we are gonna donate the bags of candies to goodwill tomorrow ...
= 10 lbs ...
Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #98

My husband had me make some cupcakes yesterday for today, he is just getting carried away with these sweets and he don't mind at all eating them right in front of me. I asked him last night if we could please after today only eat sweets if we go out or on Sundays and you know he thought for a longggggggg time and said I will try. Givng up sweets is really hard but he is not really giving them up. I told him well Honey you can either gain control over eating sweets or keep on letting them have control over you. I told him I was afraid of loosing him and I am, he keeps on eating like he is doing he may not be here next year. I just cannot see life without him, he has been with me for almost 39 years next month. My friend told me to just tell him NO and throw all the candy out, till Thanksgiving. I have never told him No, its up to him.

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #99
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ I guess I am bolder than you -- my DH doesn't have the same health issues as your David does, but I just told him that I am not baking stuff like that anymore for health reasons. However, I told him that I will make him healthy fiber & fruit muffins once a week, if he wants them. DH and I aren't really candy people so we are giving the extras to goodwill; but the small bags of treats he is keeping up in his cubbyhole for snacks (they are from 140-170 cals each). He is blessed that he doesn't have a weight problem; actually, he struggles to keep his weight up. He hates fruit and won't eat it; the only other dessert I can get him to eat is puddings. He would eat cakes and such if I made them though; sometimes, I buy him here and there as long as I don't have to eat it (pssst, I buy things I don't like). His favorite is pumpkin pie, so I make myself a custard at those times ...

Will send up some prayers for you both about this ...
= 10 lbs ...
Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #100
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone
Hope the weekend was blessed for you. I'm a little sick but will bounce back soon. I love to read ya'lls post

Judy

One for every 5lbs GONE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #101

Hope your feeling better Judy and it is nothing serious wrong. I been at work all day today had soup. We got our new furnace in and it is fancy I don't even have to light it or turn it off during the summer. It is electric start. Have a fire place an a old timer stove that has the pilot lit all the time so I can still cook and keep warm that way if I need too. I wonder if they ever thought about that when they made the electric start in gas cooking stoves? I think I will keep my old timer stove just for emergencies. It is cold and drizzle here today in Texas and I hear thunder! Have not got any exercise in but got some most needed book work done. Well best go David said get the work done outside before dark tonight and it is getting dark early now.

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #102
Rosebud

JUDY ~ sent up prayers for you that you will feel better very soon ...

BOOTSIE ~ I agree with your DH that you should get your chores done before dark with all those coyotes out prowling around; and maybe worse. We are blessed that we don't have to worry about those things, although we do have black bears here. Usually they won't come around places with people or dogs, lots of lights, and/or noise.

We had and ~~winds~~ here today too; so we put a piece of foam stripping along our front door to fill in a 3 foot long gap that was letting in a lot of air -- we could notice the difference right away. Every bit helps, I say. Glad you got your new furnace in -- just in time too ...

I have increased my abdomenal exercises in the AM starting this week; I am seeing such a difference in my clothes fitting. I picked up a 1x navy suit this week and it fits me, so that is a NSV that is very encouraging. I wish my tummy would go down faster, but am looking at strategies for that too.

Am trying to increase my good fats and get down the bad fats from meat & cheese by cutting them way down. DH has agreed to trying that for awhile, so we will be eating some more meatless meals; with a focus on fish (which he loves) and poultry for the next 7 weeks (this is an experiment) to see how we do.

BTW, I have an appt with my general physician next MONDAY the 8th; I received a call that he wants to see me. I think he wants to see how my symptoms are coming along; I am feeling much better with less BM problems. I cut back on the cheese; cut down my bread a bit; trying to get 1-2 tbl of good fats in each day; this morning, I had oatmeal & a cream of wheat mixture for breakfast and felt less hungry mid-morning.

I found a couple of books at our local second-hand store that have some ideas about this as well as ANTHONY ROBBINS, so I am going to try some of their tips over the next 7 weeks and see what happens.
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-03-2010 at 09:11 PM.