Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #76  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Bootsie! Thanks so much for the warm welcome
I have a close friend who is on a diet similiar to yours. She was never really over weight but she got really slim on it. She has to have the yeast free diet because she has some issues with candida, I will definately check out your link. I am really excited to be a part of this forum

Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JUDY ~ the Atkins plan is very similar to the yeast plan; some same ideas (low carb and sugars) ...

HI BOOTSIE ~ I am very happy for you that you have lost 7 lbs, even if some of it is water (or maybe most); but I also know the struggle you have had as mine has been similar. The yeast diet plan bans all breads or baked goods that have yeast in them although, you can have those made with baking powder or baking soda only (like tea biscuits); but you can have the corn tortillas.

Plus anything that has any vinegar in it (including all condiments & salad dressings); all cheeses & dairy products including cottage cheese, cheddars, yogurt, milk, etc. All sugar & sugar products; and even substitutes are off limits (Bootsie's doctor says that you can have the pink substitutes like Sweet & Low).

This is a strict plan, but now that I have seen your sample, maybe it won't be too bad; and I have edited this to correct mistakes. So, we can also have 3 fruit a day, plus oatmeal and corn (and their products like corn tortillas and oat cereals). I see that there are some subs that we can use instead of the yeasty breads.

We CAN have whole grain pastas, beans, rice, and potatoes too ... oh good! We can still have our tomato sauce and salsas. She says that once our body is rid of the yeast down the road we can introduce some of these foods slowly back into our diet (ie condiments).

Could you please give us a sample of what you are really eating for one day (or more) for every meal & all snacks (if any). That would give me an idea of what I could have and maybe not seem so bleak.

You are pretty busy & working all the time, so that works as a great distraction helping you not to think about food too much. I am home a lot and try to keep unhealthy foods out of my home, but my DH would eat all those things so they have to be here. They are not bad foods, just banned on this yeast plan.

Jorge Cruise stopped eating dairy products and replaced them with soy products becuz he had an allergy to them. However, some health enthusiasts say that we have to be careful which soy products we eat as they can also reek havoc with our hormones and such.

I know becuz I am much heavier than you that a strict plan like that would be a bit difficult for me. I don't eat cheese all the time as I had cut back a bit as I had heard some time ago that cheddar could cause constipation for some people. Thank goodness, I don't have it all the time, just in the evening mostly.

I am trying not to have to buy any special foods that we can't get in our town as we don't shop far from here, esp during the winter months. We live in a small town and have limited sources here.

THANKS ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

My food & Exercise Log for October 22...1350 calorie level

coffee3 cups
oatmeal, 1 cup
milk1/4 cup
tea green& decaf, 54 ounces
green salad/carrots/onion/
egg small
olive oil, 1 tbsp.
pecans, 1/2 cup
okra,1 cup
ground beef, 6 ounces

my total calories 1278, fat 87.8, S. Fat17.9, Chol. 299, Sodium, 685, Carbs 64.5 and Protein ,70.0

Exercise in walking I burned 878

You can eat brown rice, and pasta made from whole grain
It gives you a free guide line for the diet on that page. You can eat a-lot of different things, Rosebud, fruits 3 servings a day. Real butter The list has a check mark all you can eat and a NO by what you cannot eat. I use diet sweetener my doctor said anything pink use it. What I love about it I can have potatoes and corn. Today I had roasted chicken and corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. It was good too! The other day I had fat free Black bean dip with mashed potatoes and made myself a little salsa to put on top. You can have tomatoes fresh or frozen. Just go to the site and click on the Yeast free guide line, it will tell you all you can eat. I had to give up ketchup because it has sugar and vinegar in it,but if it keeps me from being the person God wants me to be I can be without it, even if it is hard to do without it. It is just a new way of eating and I love it, especially when I step on the scale; I thank God every time for this information. Tomorrow I plan on having lean roast beef potatoes, carrots and onions. I can eat them in in a corn tortilla. I don't have to have that bread, I even gave my roll to my husband they gave me with my roast chicken today.

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-26-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #79  

Judy I went to Fort Worth there to see my brother and they were bailing Hay right in, what I would say in the middle of Fort Worth along the road, just could not believe it! That was awesome to me, that farming still lives on in big cities like that.

My daughter has 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls, she lives out in West Texas, so far away , never get to see them.

I have two real old dogs going on 19, Sausage and Chester , then I got Pepper who I saved from getting shot by taking her, then there is Lee , he is beautiful blue eyes part Labrador, Cow dog and Boxer. Then there is Sunnie my young border collie. Two Siamese Kittens who think they are squirrels the way they play 3 outside cats , Fat Girl, Rufuss and Harry which he is blind, a stray cat liked to have killed Harry. He follows my voice when he is out and about. Have a bunch of goats and sheep. All have names to but that is a long list. Live on a ranch, husband bales hay on it and we have a feed store and hardware store out here in the sticks. I carve wood and make things out of wood ,right now working on a silverware Box and so far it is looking pretty good. I garden but having such a terrible time this year gardening.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #80  
Rosebud

THANKS, BOOTSIE ~ it seems like I got a bit confused there; I had read about 3 pages on that site, so maybe I got some of the recommendations mixed up. I will go back and take another look at the list of foods I can have and make a copy of it. DH and I both love the whole grain pastas and they come on sale here quite regular too. That's what we are having for dinner tonight with some spagetti squash too.

Thanks for the daily menu sample; that gives me a better idea what I can have. I can have more calories than you as I am heavier -- but I am trying to find the right number for me.

BTW ~ I was reading some more of Anthony Robbin's ideas about how to lose weight for people like me esp -- I am an apple with legs & arms ... He says (like a few others I have read recently) that we have to trick our bodies into wanting to BURN FAT not sugar. He feels people like me who have SUGAR ISSUES and bellies are having that problem and I sooo agree with him. His description is me to a "T". I have been trying to increase my good fats and decrease the bad fats (animal fats verses omega-3/6/9 good fats).

I am going to get some olive oil for my salads, etc; I am already using canola for everything else now (soy and corn are good ones too). JORGE CRUISE has a good chart in his book about good fats/oils as well.

I just have to read up a bit more to find out exactly how we can get our body to SWITCH FROM BEING A SUGAR-BURNER TO A FAT-BURNER.

He talks a lot about doing aerobic exercises, but doing warm-ups before and after; plus starting out slow and working our way up -- for me, that would be the best strategy anyways. I will keep reading to see what else I can do; I would love my body to stop feeling yucky when my carbs are low: they think that increasing our good fats each day will help this, so I am going to give it a whirl.

I would love to have all those doggies & kitties that you have on your farm -- you sound like a bit of an animal rescuer yourself, BOOTSIE ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-27-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #81  
Native Texan

Bootise,
I live in Forest Hill, which is a susburb of Fort Worth. When my folks first moved here it was kinda rural, kinda not. People still have horses and some cattle around here.
I am an avid aninmal lover. My great dane was a rescue of sorts. The person who had her was not equipped or mature enough to handle a puppy of ANY size, much less hers. He was going to take her out and kill or dump her. I said bring her to me. I already had 2 dogs and an assortment of cats (both inside and out), but I just couldn't let that happen. I tried finding her a good home, but no one seemed quite right. They have to really be able to love the animal, you know. So I kept her. She has just recently had a litter of pups. 1/2 Dane and 1/2 German Shepherd Can't wait to see what THAT looks like.
I have 4 sons and my youngest is a daughter. She recently was going to Tarleton State (for 2 years) then met up with a boy who cause some problems (don't they always). I had to drive there in the middle of the night back in September to rescue her from a BAD situation with him. So she is living here with me now. I'm trying to get her into the junior college here in the fall.
I have so much going on in my life right now Bootsie, and even though we have just met, I sure would appreciate some prayers that EVERYTHING that is in need of help will be solved.
Thanks so much for your friendship I sure appreciate it.

Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 10-27-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #82  
Rosebud

JUDY ~ sorry to hear that you are having so much stress in your life right now; will send up some prayers for you and for you daughter too. That would be great for her to move on to college and pick up the pieces of her life again, so2speak ... tell her to just keep on, keepin' on; she won't regret it one bit!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #83  
Native Texan

Thank you Rosebud for your kind words AND prayers!

Last edited by islandchick1; 10-27-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #84  

I am so thankful you could go get her Judy and that she has you. Mothers like you are so awesome and your daughter has been blessed having you for a Mother. Going to college and living at home would be great! What field does she want to go in, or does she know yet? Judy know that you and your daughter will be in my prayers every night.
I almost went over my calorie limit today! I forgot I had this great big Apple and then I remembered, thank the dear Lord. I did not get as much exercise in but I am going to walk in the house till I get , 10,000 steps in! Right now I have 9853. Tomorrow have to do book work again then Friday run to town. Saturday I am going to finish cutting this huge cactus down I planted that decided it would take over the yard. Its trunk is like a tree! I have an ax , saw but I am thinking I might have to try out one of the chain saws but got to ask David if it would ruin my saw. Have to worm my goats Saturday Morning, and clean up this yard so much to do, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and everyone will be here at my house!

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-27-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #85  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ do you have a pedometer to tell you how many steps? That is pretty good getting in 10,000 in one day. I cut out the cheeze at night to see if it helps me a bit; and am doing well so far. I still had one slice of bread for breakfast but leftover pasta for lunch; then fish & potatoes with veggies for dinner. That's not too bad for me really!

You are busy; am praying for you that you get everything done that you want to for your Thanksgiving gathering. Hey, be careful with that chainsaw; maybe let David do it. I should talk, when I was young I used a chainsaw myself to fell trees for winter heat; but I was only in my mid-twenties then. I used an electric one that my great-uncle lent me with a very, very long cord (about 100 feet I think).

Sometimes I look back and am truly amazed at some of the things that I have done in my life ...
Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #86  
Native Texan

Thank you Bootsie
My daughter will definately start again in the fall, but will finish up some basic courses at the local junior college (cheaper lol) and then tranfer over to UTA. It was just the timing of the boyfriend situation that made it impossible to get her back into the fall semester. She wants to be in communications preferably in the radio field. She is a very beautful blonde with a million dollar smile. She was pretty focused until this guy came into the picture. But she is here and getting re-aligned with God
Isn't it funny when things aren't going well for us we think God is far from us, when actually He never left our side. It is us who get far from HIM
I just can't tell you and Rosebud how much I appreciate your friendship here

Bootsie you must burn 10,000. calories a day You are one busy bee!

Hope the two of you have a wonderfully blessed day
Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 10-28-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #87  

OH! Judy Oh did I say that I will look and correct if I did, it's 10, 000 steps!

Worked again at the store but been a busy Bee since I got off and before I went I got 11053 steps in so far! Made a inside out Bunt cake tonight David is going to take it to the store tomorrow and see how it taste. If it is good I will make some more for the cake walk. I bought some little cats and spooks to put in the middle and bats and cats for the sides. It is not nice and such a challenge doing this when I want a piece but NO -WAY! I have worked to hard to get this far. I messed up yesterday and the day before. I bought some soy milk well it was vanilla and drinked it before I realized I goofed up then yesterday the beef stew seasoning had sugar and black pepper in it , Gee I gotta start paying better attention ! I did not gained but stayed the same weight for 2 days now. I have really watched today and hope tomorrow I get on there those numbers are down! If not I will keep on trying.

Go Rosebud! Your doing great! I know this is not easy for you girl!

Rosebud Yep! I got one of them there pedometer's, found it at a garage sale still in the package never been used! I had bought one of them fancy ones but it does not work right at all. So glad I found this one for a dollar!
I am going to try this little electric chain saw one I got last weekend, David said he thought it would be alright. I got me another one I plan to go find some walking sticks with and make some canes. David just could not believe the size of that cactus ,it looks like a tree. I want to leave it and just keep it trimmed up, it belonged to my friend Mildred and she is not here anymore.

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-28-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #88  
Native Texan

LOL Bootsie I know you said "steps" the 1st time
I was just making a reference at all the things you do during your regular day You are burning some calories girl!
What is an inside out bundt cake? It sounds interesting.
I made a pumpkin shaped cake once by using two bundts putting one on top of the other and icing it, orange . Then rolled out some green & black gumdrops for the face and the leaves & stems. It was orange cake
My kids thought it looked cool lol.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #89  

Hey want to join me in a Challenge amongst us? You know the Holidays are coming up and we are going to need some leverage to keep us focussed straight ahead to the New me's! Let us not stray, we have worked to hard!
It can be what ever goal you want. I know mine is going to be my weight, exercise. We can come back on and edit our post everyday, that way we have it altogether.
My goal is to look straight ahead,fix my eyes on what lies before me.( A New Me) Plan out a straight and honest diet and stick with it. Loose as much weight as possible and not get side tracked. Walk 10,000 steps each day if not more. Enjoy my company more than the food at Thanksgiving and all the parties coming up.
.............Weight....Calories........Exercise
11/1...199............1256............burned 1233
11/2...199............
11/3...
11/4...
11/5...
11/6...
11/7...
11/8...
11/9...
11/10..
11/11..
11/12..
11/13..
11/14..
11/15..
11/16..
11/17..
11/18..
11/19..
11/20..
11/21..
11/22..
11/23..
11/24..
11/25..
11/26..
11/27..
11/28..
11/29..
11/30

Last edited by Bootsie; 11-02-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #90  

You get a Duncan Hines Devil Food cake, or Duncan Hines butter cake and get that coconut & nut icing you put on a German Chocolate cake. You fix the cake like directions and then you mix the icing, within the cake mix and spray a bundt cake pan with butter no stick and it took about 40 minutes in my oven to cook at 350. While it is hot sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it. So easy so I hope it is good will find out in the morning when the coffee drinking guys stop by and test it out. If it is, going to make 4 more of them for the cake walk . Hope they like it for it is so easy to make and it turned out really pretty!

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-28-2010 at 10:16 PM.