Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ok I posted a few minutes ago and for some reason it posted twice . Gee you don't need to hear my message twice ! Tried to delete the one message and would not delete so I cut the message and here I leave this one. Think Satan is playing tricks on me I guess I am going to have to pull my high stepping boots out and give him a good

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-26-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 330/297/165

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the welcomes and encouragement ladies.
jilly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #33  

Your welcome Jilly. I have a praise, Anthony Robbins community accepted me last week but its official this week! Now I can study Awaken the Giant within, along with them. Been listening to some tapes also picked up at a garage sale, so amazing what you can find at a garage sale!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies! Feeling good today!!

Regarding our previous conversation about God's love for us, yesterday's message in church was incredibly timely for me. Pastor was talking about our assurance of salvation and how we won't really feel assured until we get a grasp on God's love for us (ok, that's my paraphrase). But we were looking at how Abraham received God's promises and didn't waver in unbelief but was built up in his faith, being assured that God could and would do all He promised, and it just struck me...if I don't believe God's promise of love towards me, then I make Him out to be a liar! OUCH! I know that God's Word is Truth, in Him there is NO falsehood...so how can I doubt Him when He says He has lavished His love on me (and you!)??? This was just a huge lightening bolt to my brain, and much needed!

Not sure how this fits in with my journey of weight-loss, but thought I'd share anyway. Praying for blessings on you all today.
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #35  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
if I don't believe God's promise of love towards me, then I make Him out to be a liar! OUCH!
Jenny ~ I hear ya; I get what you are saying for sure -- like the JOB scripture I mentioned to BOOTSIE in another thread in this forum where GOD said, "So, are you gonna blame me so that you can be righteous?" You know, many people blame GOD when bad things happen to them, but GOD isn't the one directly causing the bad things to happen; the bible clearly states that there are three causes: man, nature, or .

I was thinking that it is very important we all realize that GOD LOVES US -- just the way we are now, so that we can get into a more positive mindset and be healed by HIS love. Where is this leading? To victory over emotional eating! To overcoming -- overeating!

You know, the WORD (the bible) clearly states that GOD wants us to eat and eat well. HE wants us to be nourished. HE wants us to be well. JESUS spent a huge amount of time healing people, and feeding people too! What did HE feed people -- fish and bread: now that was probably cooked fish (for health reasons), and natural, wholegrain bread ... becuz that is what their bread was like back then (not the refined, empty, white stuff many people eat today).

Now, JESUS didn't say -- give a whole loaf to each person, He said to give a piece of fish and a piece of bread to each person (so there was moderation shown there), which was the right amount for each person -- what they needed to sustain themselves .

I once did a study on all the kinds of foods that were recommended for us to eat in the bible, and they are healthy, good foods -- fish, lean meats (beef, lamb, goat, and poultry of various kinds), quail eggs, olive oil, nuts & seeds, all kinds of fresh & dried fruits, corn, and whole grain bread, etc.

Now, Paul said to eat whatever was available in the shambles (the marketplace; today, that would mean the grocery store). You can also go by the old testament if you want to, but you are now under a new kind of grace; the grace that allows you more freedom -- freedom to eat what you want and like.

Paul said to "let your moderation be known to all men". Good basic principle there. I think that if people just ate "enough" of good, healthy foods that they like, that they would be healthier; and many would release some excess weight too in the process.

That is what I am attempting, and so far, it is working. You know, the doctor and nurse (Judy & Arthur Halladay) who wrote THIN WITHIN believe in this principle too. They believe we need healing and self-discipline and moderation; and all are sensible principles expounded upon in scriptures.

I think that once we accept GOD's love and acceptance, then we can start healing; when we start healing, then we will start being more disciplined; when we are more disciplined, then we will eat in moderation; when we eat in moderation, then we will release excess weight; when we release excess weight, then we will be more healthy ...

Oops, there I go again -- hope this helps you in some way; I know it is helping me tremendously ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #36  

Hey Hey today is a good day! I put alcohol on my finger for 15 minutes then put some stinky Black salve that is suppose to draw out any poison , when I put that on there. It felt like I got a headache feeling in my finger, then in two hours it felt like someone pulled a thorn out of my finger and the pain was gone in 30 minutes! It is not swollen just feels strange when I feel it. Gee! I can live with that! Day went good, somewhat sick when woke up but got over that and my day has been good. My husband was sick this morning also and all day. He ate a few minutes ago and feels better.
Yeah Jenny, I understand, I feel that if we don't respect and love God why should he help us, but he does anyway, even though many times I did not feel like I deserve his love, he showed his love to me anyway, through my animals my ranch , my friends, he works through others and I find that so amazing.

I have a question though, Why do they keep saying we should fear the Lord in the Bible should not they say we should show some respect for him?
He has been there so many times for me and times I did not even didn't know he was there but working in the background helping me.
So why should I fear someone who has helped me so much?

For I respect Jesus , I don't fear him ,I love him and I find it a privilege to stand up for Jesus!

Now I do fear Satan, for he wants to destroy my life but that does not mean I will do what he wants!

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-27-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #37  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ this is actually explained for you in HEBREWS 12:28 -- "Wherefore we, receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved; let us have grace, whereby we may serve GOD acceptably with REVERENCE and GODLY FEAR ..."

A GODLY FEAR is just that ... respecting GOD. I also read somewhere that everywhere that the word "fear" is used in this manner, that they are talking about respectfully honoring GOD, or holding Him up in a place of honor, which He deserves ...
Old 09-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #38  

Thank You Rosebud! That makes a heap more sense!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #39  

Good evening ladies! Thought I'd visit here a bit before I turn to the pantry...evening is a difficult time for me, the munchies really set in! I'm pleased with my day today though. I've eaten well, no overeating, and I even managed to get in some exercise. May sound funny, but while I was exercising (which has never been a joy for me) I was thanking the Lord for my body, my health, for how He made me and asking Him to help me think of my exercise as being a good steward of what He has entrusted me with rather than a means to weightloss. I feel good! I feel like I had a "God encounter" yesterday and today has been filled with joy in the aftermath!

Anyway, fear of the Lord...I agree that it's a reverential fear, I think of it as "awe" when I see the word in the Bible. I agree that we have nothing to fear from God as there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, but I can totally imagine falling on my face in fearful awe should the Holy, righteous, almighty God ever just materialize in front of me! Yes, He is my friend, but He is also something totally OTHER, if that makes any sense? So, no fear of retribution, but great awe for who He is.

Hope you all have a peaceful, restful night! Blessings!! ~Jenny
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I think that once we accept GOD's love and acceptance, then we can start healing; when we start healing, then we will start being more disciplined; when we are more disciplined, then we will eat in moderation; when we eat in moderation, then we will release excess weight; when we release excess weight, then we will be more healthy.

I've been thinking along similar lines for several days now. I was born into a very dysfunctional family. I remember being told, around age 3, that my mother would have put me out in the trash but my grandmother rescued me. There was no father in my home, loving or otherwise. So I wasn't ever able to "get" the concept of God as a loving father because I didn't have that example in my life. I had the loving (grand)mother, but not the father.

So from my earliest memories I always had this feeling of, I am different. There's something wrong with me or my mother would have wanted me. If you asked me what God is, I would say that God is love but it was just an intellectual answer -- I knew it in my head but didn't feel it in my heart and my gut. And this whole concept that God loves and accepts ME, I never really got that. I guess that's where I need to start, that God loves me, and that that belief will heal me.

Thank you, Justwant2Bhealthy!

btw, can anyone tell me how to get that neat little box when we quote someone?

Last edited by ladynredd; 09-28-2010 at 10:32 AM.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #41  

Hi Donna and welcome here!

I thought I would go over some little tricks for when we go out to still have control over what we eat.

If your going with a group of people and you know where you are going to eat , just go on line and look at their menu and decide before hand what you want to order.
Order first so you will not be tempted to have what someone else is having.
Remember portion control, sometimes it is just way to much food in the first place ask right up front when they serve you if you may have a to go plate . Put half in there to take home and eat the next day.
Here is some web sites I have ..
Burger King www.burgerking.com
Dairy Queen www.dairyqueen.com
McDonalds www.mcdonalds.com
Little Caesar's www.littlecaesars.com
Kentucky Fried Chicken www.kfc.com
Domino's Pizza www.dominos.com
Olive Garden www.olivegarden.com
On all of these just click on nutrition
These are just a few, I went and copied the nutrition part and put them all in a note book so I can just look through what is the best to have .
Fast Food places do have Healthy choices
If you eat pizza get it without meat
Look for the low fat and non fat dressings.
Order water with lemon, with lots of ice, ew so good!
It also helps me to drink a glass of water before my meal gets there.
If you go to a buffet type of restaurant all you can get thing. First look over the food presented , then decide what you will eat and what you won't eat.

If you can think of something else please add it on that is what we are here for together, to help each other!

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-28-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #42  
Rosebud

DONNA ~ at the top of the message box are the menu choices; it starts on the left with the dark "B" for bold print. The third LAST option on the right is the
Quote:
option ... it looks like a cartoon caption of dialogue ...

JENNY ~ I think of the word "AWE" often as well; what you say makes a lot of sense ...

BOOTSIE ~ those are good tips; I always have a salad before my pizza as it helps me to fill up first and we only get one slice each. They often cut that one slice in two so it seems like you are getting so much more. DH and I often order just one serving of some things and share it, ie real homemade fries. I have noticed that GARY & ANGIE do that often too.

For the KFC or other types of meat -- more often than not, I just eat the meat with a salad. I have done that for years now. Many times we just buy a BBQ spit whole chicken and I serve it with healthier stuff at home. I might make a potato for DH and some veggies for both of us though.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #43  

Good morning! At the moment we are having a glorious morning here! Hopefully it won't heat up too bad today, we still haven't seemed to totally break away from the heat of the summer. It wears on ya after awhile!

Thanks for the eating tips, they're very helpful. Cutting the pizza slice in half made me laugh, isn't it funny how we can trick ourselves? Doing that totally makes me feel like I get to have more too!

I'm still hanging in. I've actually started South Beach again since coming here. I really agree with Thin Within priniciples, but I'm such a sugar addict that I find it's much easier for me to eat in a disciplined way once I get all the sugar out of my system. Today is day 4, so far so good. I even went out with my SIL last night to a concert and only had water, where normally I might have had some kind of goodie or something. I felt really good, and we had a great time! Gonna try to get in a little exercise today too...ok, I WILL exercise today...how's that for commitment? And now you can hold me accountable too!

Hope y'all have an awesome day!

PS: Rewards...do you do anything to reward yourself once you reach your goals? Do you have mini-goals set so you can do this? I haven't done that, but I'm considering. I get very overwhelmed by the total amount of weight I'd like to lose, so maybe tackling it in chunks might be more encouraging.

Last edited by jennygirl531; 09-29-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Quote:
May sound funny, but while I was exercising (which has never been a joy for me) I was thanking the Lord for my body, my health, for how He made me and asking Him to help me think of my exercise as being a good steward of what He has entrusted me with rather than a means to weightloss. I feel good! I feel like I had a "God encounter" yesterday and today has been filled with joy in the aftermath!
Jenny: That's a great "aha" moment! I've never enjoyed exercise either and right now, to tell the truth, I am doing it for the extra calories it earns me. But I hope to evolve soon to your way of thinking.

I did not get my exercise in yesterday. I had on my socks and one shoe when the phone rang and it was work and by the time I had that issue dealt with, I no longer had time to go. And after work the thermometer was reading 110* and I wimped out -- too darned hot!

I ate accordingly, however, and stayed within my calorie allottment.

I am trying out a site that is new to me to track my food called MyFoodDiary dot com. Among other things, you can look at a chart that has the nutritional values for everything you've eaten that day and boy it is an eye-opener for me. DH has recently been told he has decreased kidney function, due to medications he took for many years (he's off them now) but that he should start paying attention to how much sodium he eats. And since I do most of the cooking, that means I have to pay attention to the sodium, which I've never done before because I never had a problem.

It's amazing how much unexpected sodium I'm seeing in foods that don't taste at all salty to me, like cottage cheese. So there's definitely a learning curve!

I made sure I got my walk in this morning and have had my first big glass of water with a squeeze of lime. I'm fighting a stuffy nose and a sore throat but aside from that I'm feeling good ...
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #45  

Donna you are so amazing. I can feel God's love in your words and you have just been hit with some bad news but you look for solutions in stead of complaining . I found a site one time on the nutrition of sodium in all foods and it told of sodium in foods I would of never thought of not just canned. I will keep looking for that sight for you. Donna when I can not get out an exercise I dance and move my bode to music . I am so glad you found our site we need you! The worst part of the sodium content is ,like there are two servings of soup in one can so that means double dose of salt! It is kinda sneaky but that is good to learn to read labels. For if I eat a lot of salt well I gain body weight like crazy. I was looking at one sight and they had avocado with high count, now i have been eating avocado everyday! I am going to look into this more for that could be the cause of my yo yoing!