Old 10-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #106  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE ~ for my DAD (BILL S.) who called today and said that the doctors found out what was wrong with him; he has an infection in his bowel that they think may have been caused by food poisoning. He had a colonoscopy yesterday (all clear there; removed a couple of polyps), but he still has a few more tests they want to do, so they have him on a liquid diet while pumping him with really strong antibiotics at the same time (which is very nauseating as you know). I know he would appreciate prayers that this heals up quickly; and he is very hungry ...

Boy, we both have issues with our bowels at the same time; plus he advised me to push things along a bit, and hopes I get my testing done soon too. Am praying the LORD heals this up for me as quick as can be too!!!

Standing on healing scriptures -- Jeremiah 30:17; Malachi 4:2; Psalm 30:2; Isaiah 53:5.

THANKS ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-09-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud prayers in Texas for him and could not the same be wrong with you? Strange that you do have bowel problems at the same time.Might go on liquid diet for a while and see if you can flush what ever is irritating you out.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #108  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ well, maybe I could give it a try with fruit and/or veggie juices, green tea, water, broth like my DAD is doing. I'll try it and see what happens ... I made a big dinner tonight for today and tomorrow. Hmmm ... think I'll start with a liquid breakfast and see what happens and go from there and see how I do ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-10-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #109  

I tried it this morning but that is as far as I got. I think I had an emotional temper tantrum trying to till that garden up. The weeds were so thick they wrapped around my tiller even though I tried my best to rake all I weed eated up! I think I just got so frustrated I turned to food! David brought in Buritoes they had at the store and I gobbled two, before I knew it! Tomorrow I am going to try again and add broth into it, love broth. Most the time I feel really good on liquids I think I let my emotions get to me!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #110  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers sent for Bill S. and Rosebud, that their bowel problems might be healed.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #111  
Rosebud

THANKS, DEE ~ I so appreciate them ...

BOOTSIE ~ this wasn't my day for fasting or anything close to it; I think that I will only be able to last for one day for some tests, oh dear. Will have to have lots of juices and such on hand, I think. I munched a bit in the afternoon, but only low cal stuff (thank goodness), so limited the damage there. I will still be on track for the day with a healthy dinner in the oven and room for a snack in the evening. By keeping my calories so low for my meals, I can have a bit more for my snacks and still stay under my daily cap ... phew. Just keep going and tomorrow will be another day.

BTW, about the garden -- I cheat; I wait until the spring and buy soil on sale, add it on top and blend it in. That is the lovely benefit of permanent raised beds; much easier than a big garden (which is too hard on us physically). We are converts to the raised beds, containers, and the big dryer drums: and this will be our garden mode from now on ... so easy!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-11-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #112  

Fasting is not easy at all. I feel if God wanted me to fast I could do it like I did but you know I last till noon and then I gobbled again. But I don't feel like a failure I am only that if I don't try. As you say Rosebud tomorrow is another day and it is good to train ourselves in case we do have to fast. Rosebud when you take that colonoscopy you cannot drink nothing but water right? Praying for you and your Dad.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #113  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ honestly, I don't know; I haven't ever had one before. I hope I can have more than water. I was talking to my sister and she said that I could have clear juices, tea, broth, coffee, etc. I don't know if jello is in or not either. I asked about those veggie & fruit juices and those meal shakes and she said "NO" I can't have those ... oh, drats!!! I don't know what I am gonna do ...

Hmmm ... what about regular 7-UP, Sprite, or Gingerale? They are clear but have sugar in them that could give me some energy???

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-11-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #114  

Rosebud don't fret, Jesus will give you the strength and knowledge to get thru it, just ask him. I know he has helped me do things that I know I would never of done it on my own; several times. When I was a child, at 7 ,17, 18, all thru my adult life.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #115  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

ROSEBUD I was able to have all sodas and sport drinks like gatorade...even red...I could have all jellos but red or grape...chicken, beef or veggie broth....coffee and tea and of course water. It really isn't that hard because you stayed focused.

Thanks for the prayers for our friend ROD (I accidently posted Ron before). Rod passed away yesterday morning....continue prayers for his wife Victoria nad his grown sons Andy and Jason.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #116  
Rosebud

THANKS FOR THAT INFO, GARY ~ I have all three broths here; plus I can have tea(s), coffee, soda pop, gatorade; and the jello will really help me a lot too. I have lots of jello, just have to stick to pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. I'll check to see what I have first, and be ready ahead of time ...

Sent up prayers for VICTORIA and her sons; I'm sure that GOD knew who we meant as they sound similar anyways ...

Yes, BOOTSIE ~ I will definitely pray about it; and I will let you all know so that I can ask for extra prayers too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-12-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #117  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Prayers for my upcoming surgery (at 9:45am today (Wednesday)). First time being put to sleep for me and I am skeered :/
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #118  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Got'cha covered MEESH!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #119  

Praying for you onederchick

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-13-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #120  
Rosebud

MICHELLE ~ I had already prayed for you ahead of time (as I read about it in another thread). Prayers included your surgeons for a successful surgery with no complications, PLUS for peace & comfort; and for a quick & full recovery. Continuing prayers for you this week as well ...