Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Christian Encouragers-December 2013

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

December already!! Hoping everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving (at least those of us in the US) and are happily preparing for our remembrance of our Savior's birth!

We had a busy week last week and glad it's over! Too many trips out of town, but got a lot done at MIL's. She has some really nice new flooring and all furniture moved back in. We were hoping she'd get some new stuff-she had been offered some new-to-her furniture from her former BIL & SIL, but their new stuff didn't arrive yet, so that's on wait. Maybe by Christmas…

Not much going on here, but must head to town today for groceries and haircut

Hope you all have a great day and keep focused on the meaning of this Christmas season!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

thanks ronni for posting these threads; i have trouble concentrating; neeed secretary ... :lol... seriously ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/310/250

hey ladies im new here and just droping in to say hi and GOD BLESS
sandruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #5  
wishin' for sun!

sandruca-WELCOME!! Glad to have you here!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/275/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello all! I'm new to the boards. My name is Michelle. I can't believe it's already December! I know it's going to be a very busy month in my household. Between getting ready for my preschool Christmas program, and my church's Christmas program, and practicing bells and cello for church services, and helping my son get ready for his Christmas Eve solo during church, I feel like I won't have much time to myself. It's at least my favorite season of the year.
CincyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #7  
wishin' for sun!

Hello, Michelle, and Welcome! Glad to have you here! I used to live in Cincinnati and that area! Grew up in that SE corner of IN and went to college at UC. I miss everything down there!

Hi to everyone else too! It's gotten so cold here! Might get some of the snow they're talking about for the plains, but mostly we're getting the frigid temps. Only 6º this morning and going to get colder as the day progresses, I guess

Time to try to get my Christmas decorations up, but I think I'm not going to put up my outside ones--just too cold to go out, even though this is the first day I've had home to try to do it…..I never do put up much outside because I have no way to put lights up any higher on the house than the bottoms of the windows on the ground floor, so won't make much difference. We'll see what happens if the temps warm up a bit.

Hope all is well with everyone and that God's blessing you all this Christmas season! Praying for all, especially Rosebud and Bargoo-God bless you both with healing!

Have a great day!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi, everyone! Trying to find a couple of support areas as I dive back into WW!

Ronni, I grew up in eastern IA, and went to school in Ames. It's gotten very cold in IL today, too! Brr!

Been trying to get up a little earlier to have good quiet time in the mornings; it is something I have never really been consistent at but for a number of reasons really need that daily anchor in the Bible. Thanksgiving week at the MIL's was a good week, now to keep going to make it a habit!

I have two little ones - and have been trying to wrap a present or two per night instead of our annual Christmas Eve wrap-a-thon. ;D My oldest is starting to ask a lot of questions about God and Jesus... it's been a very sweet time.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #9  
wishin' for sun!

Becky-Welcome! I also have been getting back into my quiet times in the morning and have found some incredible scriptures that always fit exactly what's going on in our lives….it's amazing how God leads us to what we need to hear! I'm in north central Iowa, so just a bit north of Ames. We lived in the NE corner of the state from 2000 till we were transferred in '05 and are now close to Clear Lake. My sister lived in IL, but just moved to AZ after her youngest graduated high school. I think all of us in IA and IL are going to be sharing in this frigid winter stuff that's sneaking in! Glad to have you here at 3FC!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #10  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello Christian friends!

I have a prayer request today for my husband, Dan. He is so irritable and surly lately, he turns every conversation with everyone in the family into a fight. He doesn't do anything any more. All he ever does is come home and sit on the sofa watching TV and complain that life is passing him by. I try to come up with things we can do which don't cost money but everything I think of gets nixed.

As much as is possible, I try really hard not to allow myself to be drawn in to the vortex of conflict no matter how inflammatory he can be, because fighting over every little thing which bothers him is just so counterproductive. Instead I am trying to determine the cause.

I have discovered that he is just tired and beaten down by the pressures of life, feeling old, and defeated. Our kids are nearing the time when they will be fleeing the nest and my husband is feeling as if time is running out on our family, and none of his dreams for our family have come true. (Mainly all the fabulous vacations and recreational activities he wanted to do with the kids before they left home).

At any rate I think he has fallen into real depression. But he doesn't believe in depression. He would never seek counseling or medical help and would take great offense if it was even suggested. When I try to offer ideas to help, we just argue and then he verbally blames me for all of the problems we have ever had since the beginning of our marriage.

We are still in church regularly and we go to our bible study every week. He has Christian men in his life and I see them all as great guys who love Dan, but Dan always says he has a hard time connecting with them and always feels like no one really likes him. Which is just not true; it's his internal negativity, self-talk, and depression making him think that. All the guys love him!

Please pray for him that the Lord will lift the heavy burdens that Dan is carrying and that my husband will be able to release these burdens to God. Pray that he will have a little life and hope; that the Lord will encourage him in little ways (and maybe in big ways) throughout his day and he will develop a new outlook on life. Pray that he will be able to see the love, support, and friendship that is all around us in our church family. Pray that I will be a helper and not a hindrance to him as he heals from this hard time he is going through.

I am so worried about him.

Thanks so much for your prayers.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 12-05-2013 at 11:14 AM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #11  
wishin' for sun!

shr1nk1ngme-Prayers going up. I know what you're facing. My DH faces almost this exact same issue…in fact, it sounded as if you were talking about him. I don't understand why men don't seek help or believe depression can affect them…must be the macho 'can't happen to me' way some are raised. You and your DH will be in my prayers.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/275/150

Height: 5'5"

ronni62--thank you for the welcome! I absolutely love living in Cincinnati. Lived a few hours north for a year or so when hubby and I got married, but I was always coming home, so we finally moved down here. I'm wanting to get my Christmas decorations out, but I think most of them will stay packed up since I have such an adventurous toddler at home. Our tree is up, with lights, but nothing else. Aly has been attempting to decorate the tree with all of her toys, or trying to climb it.

Becky--I understand trying to wrap a few gifts a night. I actually had the pleasure of wrapping most of our gifts last night (my son was having a sleep study done and he actually wanted hubby to stay with him! After Aly went to bed I had a few hours to wrap--was so nice!).

shr1nk1ngme--I will keep him and your family in my prayers.
CincyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hello, this is Numpster, Rosebuds sister. It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that my dear sister Dianne (aka Rosebud) passed into the Lord's hands this morning at 11:15 am. Please know that she died peacefully in her sleep. She was well sedated and had the most awesome hospice team taking care of her and helping her through her last hours.
Thank you for all your prayers and to all God Bless.
Wendy (aka Numpster)
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #14  
wishin' for sun!

Just going to repost what I shared on the Prayer Warriors thread---I'm in tears right now---

Wendy (Numpster)-I am so very sorry to hear about Rosebud's (Dianne's) passing. She was an incredible inspiration to me and so many others here. I enjoyed her posts very much and grew to love her as if I knew her personally. I know she will be missed by many here and by all of you who were family and friends. You will all be in my prayers. God bless you and all of Dianne's family, especially her husband. I pray you all find comfort knowing she's with her Lord and Savior and will be sharing Christmas with Him this year. Here's a poem I was lead to when another dear friend of mine (named Diana) passed away from cancer a couple years ago:

Merry Christmas From Heaven

I still hear the songs,
I still see the lights
I still feel your love on cold wintry nights

I still share your hopes and all of your cares
I’ll even remind you to please say your prayers

I just want to tell you, you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders above all the crowd

Keep trying each moment, to stay in His grace
I came here before you to help set your place

You don’t have to be perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip, if you continue the climb

To my family and friends,
Please be thankful today
I’m still close beside you,
In a new special way

I love you all dearly,
Now don’t shed a tear
Cause I’m spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year

-by John Wm. Mooney, Jr.

God bless you, Wendy, and all of your family. I'm so sad with you and will miss your sister very much.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Numpster I was so hurt to hear about Rosebud (Dianne). I just felt as if I have lost a very dear friend. She was such an inspiration to me and everyone else here on 3fc. I'm sorry I just couldn't say anything at first as I felt her loss so strongly. We know she is happy, healthy and rejoicing with the Lord and her loved ones who have gone before us and a part of me rejoices for her because she has run her race and gone to her reward. However, on the other hand, we who are left behind grieve because we will miss her. She was so loved by all and she will truly be missed. Today as I thought of her and how she touched me and so many others with her precious spirit always encouraging us even when she really didn't feel up to it. Then I realized that as she entered heaven that I just know our precious Lord Jesus took her in His Arms and said "Well done My good and faithful servant."

You, her husband and all her family and friends are in my prayers and thanks so very much for letting us know about her.

Ronni I love that poem you shared. I have a friend who lost her Daddy about 10 months ago and her Mother a month ago so I copied it and put on my FB Timeline for her and other friends and family who have lost loved ones this year. I know it was such a blessing to me when a friend sent it to me when my previous hubby went home to be with the Lord.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-08-2013 at 08:14 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote