I posted this song called "Turn Your Eyes Upon JESUS -- look up" in the prayer warrior's thread but I found that it really helped lift my spirits at this time when we have been facing a lot of stress. So I will post it in here as well ...
Speaking of STRESS -- here is a list of ways to deal with everyday stress that my BIL shared with me, that I thought you all might find helpful (I have modified some for clarity & variety as well). Besides praying, praising, meditating on scripture & listening to uplifting music, here are some more great practical tips ...
101 WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS ~
1. get up 15 minutes earlier each day; to enjoy the quiet of the morning
2. prepare for the morning, the evening before -- I use this one
3. avoid tight fitting clothes -- think comfort
4. avoid relying on chemical aids -- go natural
5. set up appointments ahead of time
6. don't rely on memory -- write it down
7. practice preventative maintenance -- good one
8. make duplicate spare keys for home & vehicles (carry one in your wallet/purse)
9. practice saying "NO" more often
10. reset the priorities in your life
11. avoid negative people; and news, shows, movies, books, etc.
12. arrange & use time more wisely
13. simplify your meal times; chuck the rules & eat light
14. always make copies of important papers & put them in a handy place
15. anticipate your needs; plan ahead
16. repair anything that doesn't work properly
17. ask for help with any jobs you don't like or find difficult
18. break large tasks down into a few small ones; do one at a time
19. look at problems as challenges
20. look for opportunities in those challenges
21. unclutter your life; start with one room in your home
22. smile & laugh more often
23. walk/dance in the rain: have a raincoat & umbrella handy & enjoy it!
24. tickle or play or sing with a baby or children: to bring out your inner child
25. pet a friendly pet: dog or cat
26. don't pretend to know all the answers
27. look for a silver lining in every situation
28. say something nice to someone: you'll make their day
29. volunteer at a local shelter or food bank
30. make angels in the snow; enjoy all seasons
31. schedule some play time into every day
32. take a long bubble bath (or shower or swim; whatever you love)
33. be aware of the decisions you make; take time to think about them
34. believe in yourself -- you CAN do anything!
35. stop saying negative things to/about yourself
36. visualize yourself winning in life
37. develop your sense of humor
38. stop thinking tomorrow will be a better day: how about today?
39. have/set new goals for yourself
40. dance a jig or learn a new dance
41. say "hello" to a stranger; you may make a friend
42. ask a friend for a hug; or give one
43. look up at the stars and enjoy their beauty; seek out formations
44. practice slow breathing; esp good for anxious moments
45. learn to whistle or hum a favorite tune
46. read an uplifting poem
47. listen to a symphony; or watch a ballet or a play
48. start a gratitude journal; and count your blessings every day!
49. read a positive story curled up in bed
50. do something new; something you've always want to do
51. stop a bad habit; and create a new one
52. buy yourself a flower(s) or a plant
53. take time to smell the flowers; and look at them too!
54. seek out support from others
55. ask someone to be your "venting partner"
56. do something different today
57. work at being more cheerful & optimistic
58. always put your safety first; do what needs to be done
59. do everything in moderation; avoid extremes
60. pay attention to your appearance; give yourself a manicure/pedicure
61. strive for excellence, not perfection
62. stretch your limits a little each day
63. look at a work of art; go to a local museum/gallery
64. sing a favorite jingle/song
65. try to just maintain your weight
66. plant a tree or a flowering plant or bush
67. feed the birds and watch their antics
68. practice grace under pressure; role-play ahead of time
69. stand up and do some gentle stretches
70. always have a plan "B" for every event or situation
71. learn a new doodle; take up drawing/or a new hobby
72. memorize a new joke or funny story (keep it simple)
73. be responsible for your feelings; and learn to manage them better
74. be sure to meet your own needs: don't neglect yourself
75. become a good listener ...
76. know your limits; and tell others too
77. tell someone to have a good day
78. make & throw a paper airplane; or learn a new craft
79. exercise every single day; at least a little bit
80. learn the words to a new song or write one
81. get to work earlier (in a job or tasks for the day)
82. clean out a closet or some drawers
83. get involved with a favorite organization/cause; or join a club/group
84. go on a picnic to a local park or beach
85. take a different route to work; and walk, if possible
86. leave work early, if possible; and do something fun like stop at a local café
87. put air freshener in your car or flowers in your home
88. watch a fun movie and eat popcorn
89. write a note to a far-away friend
90. go to a ball or hockey game and scream/cheer loudly
91. cook a favorite meal & eat it by candlelight
92. recognize the importance of unconditional love for others & yourself
93. remember that stress can be an attitude; so think positive
94. keep a journal/blog; and rant away ...
95. learn to forgive yourself & others
96. remember that you ALWAYS have options
97. create a support network of people, groups, places, and things
98. don't try to fix other people; let it be ...
99. be sure to get enough sleep each day
100. Know that there is a solution to every problem; find it!
101. freely praise other people; and yourself!
PS ~ remember to relax; take each day at a time; live between the steps (seize the opportunities); and since you have the rest of your life to live ... you might as well enjoy it!!!