Old 07-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Christian Encouragers ~ JULY

Christian Encouragers

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Well I am off work for the long 4th of July week-end here

I have had a lot of short days at work but seem to get just as tired as the long ones ....old age settin' in

I have been home long enough today to get lunch, some soccer on TV, some vacuuming and a nap in

I even went and picked up a few things we needed for the bbq here tomorrow. Should be around 20 here for the shuffleboard tournament. We are cooking up leftover hot dogs and carne asada from camping a few weeks ago. Everyone coming is bringing side dishes...a little bit Mexican and food a little bit American ...yummy!

Angie has really been busy with teaching yoga at the studio and church so far this summer. She is also taking a couple of on-line classes she needs to continue teaching her history to those middle schoolers. She switched last year from years of teaching Language Arts, she wanted a new challenge. She was told by her advisors that the classes she took a few years ago to do so were plenty for life...well, not so...she was but after these two on-line classes she will be up to date. She really didn't want to go back to language Arts...she loved history last year...a nice break for her.

Tomorrow we are walking with the dogs, our golden retriever meet and greet group, in the local 4th of July parade...all of us in red-white and blue...my dogs will hate the leis they will wear but love the walk and attention

I will check back in later ....soccer match is getting good.....
Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Back with some personal hello's

ROSEBUD ~ Glad you had a nice celebration My dogs are usually in their crates when the fireworks go off around here and it doesn't seem to bother them. The ones in the parks/beach that we can see from our house are too far away for much noise but the kids shooting off the "illegal" ones are pretty loud.

We have IE and Angie has talked about switching too.

So happy the weather is nice in your area for a change....seemed like a long winter for you.

Prayers for Numpster and DH as they go through "life" situations too!

BOOTSIE ~ How are those grasshoppers doing? Great news for your brother...but dear NEVER think you are in God's way for Him to help those we request in prayer! He designed us...He knew we would fail before He even created us....Sometimes God works issues in us too...as we pray for help for others

KATHY ~ Great to see you back here! Continued prayers for your niece and sister. Have a great week-end with those kids.

RONNI ~ I don't miss those college "things" with the kids! I do miss their track/cross country and tennis matches though! Sorry about the letters that keep coming for $$$ for your dad...I am sure it is all standard. I agree with what Rosebud said on the form letter...even maybe sending it certified mail with a receipt of delivery returned to you saying that he had no $$$, you are not responsible for his debt and any other notice you will consider it being harassment. From then on I would just "file" the letters and not respond. May not work but that is what I would do.

COOKIELUVR ~ welcome to the TEAM!

Well gals I am outta here for now
Old 07-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Gary you must feel so alone here ! Where is everyone! The grasshoppers are still hopping and eating everything they should be ready to move on. The rain slowed them down some but not enough! My friend is planting her plants for the Fall sale & I can only bring in what I can and try to save them! In Marble Falls they are eating this womans house and I notice they have a hole and going under mine! Only God knows what they are doing under there!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I have a hard time getting to all the different areas of the forum but enjoy them when I can. I tend to post in golden girls, the monthly chat and the daily food threads mostly it seems.

If some of you read them you know my dh fractured his Rt femur and I am trying to keep up with taking care of him, doing the outside work he usually does and the housework...so busier than usual but I do find it all rather invigorating at the same time.

I have felt the peace of God through this and so has my dh. We sense Him working in our lives refining us for His glory so we don't feel like complaining really...we feel like rejoicing because He is working through this situation in our lives.

We aren't going to church right now as he is still at high-risk for a fall, but we have many people praying for us and my dh says he really can sense their prayers. I can tell this has increased his faith. He is doing so well and gaining strength each day and I feel like I have been strengthened so I can do the yard work, something I have never done much at all.

Like they say, God is good all the time.
We both realize his fall could have been much, much worse and we are thankful.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI PEOPLE ~ I have been here; posted in some other forums too and on the last thread on July 1st. We spent the entire day yesterday up at our lot doing small jobs there. It was very (but not as as today ) but there was a nice strong breeze and then GOD brought along some clouds (answered prayers; PTL) and cooled things off with some We just sat in our camper and enjoyed the refreshing air. Then when the buggies started to come out in force, we jumped in the car and came home, pronto!

Some old friends of ours are in town and came by for a visit one afternoon; this afternoon we went hunting for camping stuff so we can stay overnight at our lot. WE have been waiting for sales, but then they were sold out as they only had 1 or 2 items in stock ... We were trying to get a really nice Gazebo so we could sit outdoors without getting eaten; so a worker told us next time, to hit the store as soon as it opens. We did manage to get some stuff for the beds; hope they work out for us. We'll try it out and see what happens.

Our lovely weather turned into a blazing today, so we came home and have been hibernating every since with both air conditioners going. DH is brave and went out for while; said he'd be back soon, but NOT ...

*** I am putting a prayer request in the Prayer Warriors thread that is very important for my health; would appreciate some prayers for my insides (colon/stomach issues). Gonna have to get some tests done very soon ... thanks. ***

Hope you all have a great week coming up ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #7  

Happy 4th of July to my neighbors to the South ! Hope you had a wonderful day and were able to spend time with family and friends.

We saw a little bit of sun today, but it still hasn't really warmed up and we are having lots of wind today. It is suppose to improve - of course just in time for return to work :P

Maryea - sorry to hear about your hubby. Pray that he gets better and that you stay energized with all the extra work around the house.

Take care and talk soon luvr
CookieLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #8  

Good Morning! My back is better still feel like someone has their hand on it, sure hope it is the Lord! What are your plans today? I plan on making the most of it, been gathering up trash in my back yard. Played with my border collies yesterday. Found two snakes one is a racer can not catch him ,he see's me and he is off! Chasing grasshoppers feeding to the chickens, someone said I should start selling them for fish bait! I want to do something for the lord today , I think I will call someone and just let them know, I am thinking of them and I love them! I might just go see a friend also!

Smile.........Remember back of something that made you laugh , start out your day with a blast of laughter!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Well Gals I had a great 4th Of July Angie and I walked in the local parade with our dogs, we met up with the San Diego Golden Retriever meet and greet group....the dogs were very popular in the parade

Didn't win the family trophy for the shuffleboard tournament oh well...maybe next time...my son and daughter in law successfully defended their win from the last tournament a month or so ago. We had over 20 people here and 10 teams going. Had a blast

Angie and I got out for a 3 mile walk this morning with the mutts and now she is at a yoga class. I am just hanging around the house today, so far anyway. I have the day off with the 4th being yesterday.

It is unusually cool here...69 right now with drizzle! I can't remember when we have walked around with sweatshirts on from time to time this time of year...been that way all week-end....the sun does come out every now and then and it gets warm....then cool...weired!

Had a small turn-out at church yesterday Guess people were getting out and ready for their parties? Since we did ours on Saturday, Angie and I just took it easy yesterday watching TV and a little bit of yard work.

ROSEBUD ~ I posted in Prayer Warriors

BOOTSIE ~ I posted in your other thread too

MARYEA ~ Prayers for your DH's leg. Welcome back.

COOKIELUVR ~

HELLO TO EVERYONE...don't be afraid to post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All!

It sounds like everyone had a great 4th of July. We had a great one too. After church and dinner we took the boys to Knoebel's Amusement Park. It was really hot, but we had a great time.

I have a very special prayer request. We found out at noon today that our boys biological mother's apartment caught on fire and she was burned on 50% of her body. She is burned from the waist up as well as her thighs and right foot. Her lungs are burnt on the inside and out and are full of soot. The nurse told us that it was the worse case she saw of someone having so much soot in their lungs. We are hoping for the best but expecting the worse. The boys biological dad died 2 years ago. For those of you who don't know our 3 boys came to us through foster care and we now have guardianship of them. We have no biological children of our own. These 3 boys are our kids.

Please pray for Kelly, boys and my husband and I as we go through this long journey.

Thanks everyone,
Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #11  
Rosebud

KATHY ~ have sent up prayers for KELLY and will continue to for her; and for you, your DH and the boys as well, during this stressful time. Keep us posted ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-05-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #12  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ maybe those snakes are eating up some of those grasshoppers; maybe should let them be (if they are the harmless kind, that is; what we call gardeners here). We had one up at our lot by my trailer, when my Dad was here; so DH sent it to the next lot and told it to stay there ...

Selling the grasshoppers sounds like a good idea if people don't have enuff of their own. I bet your chickens are lov'in them; think of it as free feed ...

THANKS GARY ... appreciate your prayers; am feeling better today, but making an appt with the doctor as I want to know that it is nothing serious.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I am so sorry to hear this KATHY...prayers for your entire family, the boys mom and her family and friends and may God's will be done in healing.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #14  

Kathy oh my, praying here for her , the boys, y'all and her doctors and nurses. Sounds like she is one tuff lady, I been burnt accidental and know a little what she is going through. My heart goes out to her and her boys.

Rosebud glad your feeling better hope you find out it is nothing serious, praying in Texas for you!

Last edited by Bootsie; 07-06-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone for your prayers for Kelly, the boys and DH and I. It will be a long road for her and we really don't know what the future holds. She had a lengthy surgery this afternoon to remove all the burnt skin. I have not heard how she is since the surgery.

The boys are doing okay. They are angry right now because they begged their mom to change the things she was doing, but she refused to. They told us that they knew that someday this would happen to her. It will take a miracle from God for her to make it through this, and if she does she will be on a ventilator or oxygen the rest of her life. We don't know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future.

I trust each of you are doing well and having a great week. It is very hot here in central PA. It was 102 when I came home from work today and it is suppose to be just as hot tomorrow. Needless to say there is no time spent outside because it is just to hot. It is suppose to cool down later in the week.

Have a good night!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote