Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI ~ Thanks for your prayers; sent up some prayers for your DS1 & his family; plus his mother and that situation -- she needs some prayers; and yes, he must protect his kids from harm as well. Yes, you always have something going on in your life, but it won't be a dull one, eh? That's what my DH says to me all the time -- I promise that your life with me won't be dull ... and he kept his promise ...

We had a long, but good day at our lot today; the weather wasn't too bad -- in the AM, with some and a nice ~~~ breeze right into the evening, so we got home late tonight. We were gonna stay over tonight to see how it goes, but DH ran out of materials; and somehow our propane tank for our BBQ was emptied, used up, or left on ... so no propane to make dinner.

It's really cooling down nicely right now, but it's time to put my tired legs up for a rest. Have a great week everyone ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ronni, those snakes are thick this year just killed a rattle snake, the 6th one that was waiting on me this morning. (I think there might be a bounty on my head) I went out and cut the tomatoes back for our Fall Garden and came back to turn the water on and started to reach down there was a rattle snake waiting! I backed up and went and got my hoe that my friend used to chop cotton with when she was a little girl , and its the best little hoe in the State of Texas. One chop and he was gone and his head was still trying to bite me! I buried it. My friend one mile got bit by one, 18 inches long 4 weeks ago sent him to the hospital for 3 days and his leg is all swollen and black. This one had 3 buds,I think his had 4 buds small one too, but if it had bit me on my hand, geeee...don't even want to think about it! So lucky my dog Lee did not stick his old nose on it!

Ronni praying for you and that house. Also for for those children ,no they don't need to be around that. I agree. Glad your eating is under control, sometimes it is hard to do but we can do it.

Last edited by Bootsie; 07-12-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 208/143/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Can I jump in and introduce myself? I'm new at posting, but have been lurking for some time, and saying prayers for needs I see expressed here. I really like this site, and this forum in particular, since I am a Christian, & my weightloss journey has been based on prayers to be taught how to be a good steward of my body.

God bless you all. I'm sure there are other lurkers like me who have been helped in a variety of ways by the discussions on this forum. I thank God for all of you.
joyful retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

I am off work today but I think I will run over to church and take care of some drywall issues on a couple of classrooms before school starts.

Angie took off early this morning, she is teaching a 6am yoga class at the studio.

We spent last night catching up on a couple of Memphis Beat and Hot In Cleveland shows we had dvr'd...with the All-Star break there wasn't any baseball on giving "me" a chance to enjoy the same TV with Angie

She does come into the family room with me often even if I have a game on. I usually watch with the sound off...and a lot of times I just "check" in on it...thanks be to God for remote control . She is usually doing a crossword puzzle/knitting or reading while she watches TV anyway.

We each get up and share the computer during the evening anyway as we watch TV....sometimes I just put the ball game on the computer. If we are having a "computer war" between each other, she will just go up to her office and get on hers.

JOYFUL RETIREE Welcome! You will enjoy it here,

RONNI ~ WOW! Again you have a lot on your plate...prayers and

BOOTSIE ~ There is a rattlesnake class for dogs each year where we did obedience calls for my mutts..but we can never get in...it always fills up quick....it isn't a problem that we face often here in my area...we stay on the trails and no longer allow the dogs to run free in the "wooded' areas. Be careful

ROSEBUD ~I hope you are able to get over to the lot and get some overnighting in. Sounds like some nice weather to do it in.

Ladies....have a great day
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #35  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Ronni, those snakes are thick this year just killed a rattle snake, the 6th one that was waiting on me this morning. (I think there might be a bounty on my head) I went out and cut the tomatoes back for our Fall Garden and came back to turn the water on and started to reach down there was a rattle snake waiting! I backed up and went and got my hoe that my friend used to chop cotton with when she was a little girl , and its the best little hoe in the State of Texas. One chop and he was gone and his head was still trying to bite me! I buried it. My friend one mile got bit by one, 18 inches long 4 weeks ago sent him to the hospital for 3 days and his leg is all swollen and black. This one had 3 buds,I think his had 4 buds small one too, but if it had bit me on my hand, geeee...don't even want to think about it! So lucky my dog Lee did not stick his old nose on it!
oh, my goodness, you cracked me up! But,so glad your angels were watching over you and your dog! Glad all we have to contend with here are garter snakes and mosquitoes! And, a few skunks, gophers, raccoons, minks, and a bear and wildcat every now and again...

Joyful-Welcome! Jump in any time!

Must go to town today, so we can be home with the plumber and gas men tomorrow-they trenched in the new line, but left us connected to the old for now, so we'd have hot water-thank goodness, since we weren't told they were coming yesterday Oh, well, never leave scheduling up to men (you ladies know what I mean). Take care, all, and have a great day!

Last edited by ronni62; 07-13-2010 at 09:33 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #36  

Joyful Retiree! and thank you, please feel free to post again, anytime!

Ronni you live in Iowa and you got BEARS! I would rather deal with the rattlesnake! I thought Iowa was flat land and farm land???? Did not know you had bears. I learn something everyday.
Gary a friend told me about those classes and what they do is have some rattlesnakes in cages and they put a shocking collar on the dog that shocks them if they come close to the box. It does work , they put Annie their dog in it and she stays away from that smell and that sound.

I used to have a Doberman named Foxy and a Siamese cat named Grachy that would hunt down rattle snakes , they both saved my little girls life and my Grandmothers life, many a time.
That cat hated that dog too,I watched one day when I seen old Grachy hide behind a shed and started crouching, then looked up the hill and seen what she was crouching for. She was waiting for Foxy to come by the shed and she jumped out on that dogs back and went to scratching and biting! I broke them up, I figured she was just going to jump out and scare him and have a good cat laugh.

Then one morning they woke me up to a noise outside the door.
Foxy had her head in his mouth, trying to shake her till her neck broke,like he did the skunks, I broke them up and saved her life but poor old Foxy just had blood running down his face . David goes I am going to kill that cat if she don't leave my dog alone! He never did just talk.
Both years later died but it was rattlesnakes that got both of them and it took more than one rattlesnake to put them down. Those two animals were the tuffest animals ,and loving, but meanest toward each other I have ever seen!
I am getting two Siamese kittens hope they don't attack my dogs like Old Grachy did! Hope they help me when they get bigger to watch for those rattlesnakes though, I don't want to get bit by one!

Last edited by Bootsie; 07-13-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

joyful retiree. Welcome and God Bless You !

Last edited by bargoo; 07-13-2010 at 10:30 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #38  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Good morning all. I have caught up on all the posts and have sent up prayers for all the requests. We are in Ohio right now enjoying our vacation and will be heading back home to Georgia on Thursday. So please pray for traveling mercies for us. It's a 12 hour drive and we plan on driving straight through. Weight wise I'm doing well. I started last Friday and have been watching what I'm eating. I'll start exercising and journaling when I get back home. Well I guess I'll run for now. Hope everyone has a great day.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #39  
Rosebud

JOYFUL ~ glad that you decided to join us after all. Lots of nice folks here, very supportive too!

We went up town this AM to get some more supplies for DH; and it started to get really out there by only 10 AM, but it is July, after all. We will wait for a couple of cooler days to go out to the lot. We have to get that propane tank checked and filled though; but now DH thinks our starter on the BBQ wasn't working ... so we'll see.

You just reminded me that we forgot a couple of things today, but I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning tomorrow AM, so we'll go get them then.

BOOTSIE ~so sorry that you lost your Foxy and kitty that way; and that you have so many dangerous snakes there. Am sending up prayers for special protection from them for you too.

Have a great day everyone ... Rosebud
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #40  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, my goodness, it's hot, hot, hot today! 95 F on the thermometer right now-even DS3 and 2 of his buds are in the house right now working on bikes instead of riding around! We did get our gas meter moved and hooked up, but apparently the gas crew decided not to dig up the old line today-I'm not sure he wanted to be here at noon moving the meter, but that's when the plumber finished and told him to be here. Fortunately, it was still in the shade at that time.

I've just been hanging out, cleaning, and playing computer games, since I had to be here 'supervising' the plumbers and kids. Does anyone else here play Farmville or any of those Facebook games? They're slow enough that they're the only computer games I enjoy playing (well, except for Pacman a couple decades ago). The kids just laugh, but it's been kind of a bonding thing, since we all play them and send each other 'gifts' and stuff.

I'm using DS2's new MacBook right now - he got it for college- and it's really nice! Making me realize how old and obsolete our own laptop is, but that's one purchase we'll be putting off for a little while yet.

Just looked out at the garden and really hope it rains tonight (but no bad storms), because it looks like things are wilting right before my eyes! I'll try to take a photo one of these days-I have a summer squash plant that's absolutely huge! I can't believe how big those plants can get and it has more than 20 little squashes on it right now-mmmmmmm!

Well, as you all can tell from the rambling, there's really nothing going on here right now. DH is going to be late from work and it's going to be leftover night for supper, so I'm killing time and staying out of the heat for now.

Hope you all have a nice evening! God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #41  
Rosebud

THAT'S OK RONNIE ~ just a nice, slow relaxing day is just what you need. Gee, you should get at eating those squashes real soon; I'd take a few off your hands if I lived closer ... I went to my teeth appt and all went well there; no cavities or work to worry about right now ... yeah!

So we went up town to get the stuff for the camper we had forgotten. The propane tank wasn't empty after all, but the guy filled it up to the top anyways for only $9.00. SO, it was the starter, but DH only flicked it once; sometimes, men can be so stubborn. If we get up there and it doesn't work, we can buy a portable starter (I saw them today for only 3 & 4 dollars; maybe I'll go back and get one tomorrow AM).

We bought a new grill for our BBQ and a nice pizza cooking pan set; will be nice to cook veggies, breads, pitas, and anything else we like on the grill too. I think this will be a versatile pan set for us. We also tried out our single burner last time we were there and were pleasantly surprised how well it worked; and it used only a tiny amount of fuel to make coffee.

It is very here too today so we just came home. We had NIKO with us and it was just getting too hot for him even with the windows all the way down, but he so loves going for the rides and just sits there looking out the back window like he's having a ball ... and he probably is!

Whenever he sees me getting dressed up, he goes bonkers cuz he knows that means we're going somewhere. He decides based on what I am wearing, esp if I put my dress shoes on and grab my purse: smart boy that Fido!

It's supposed to be a scorcher tomorrow too; so we may only go out in the AM, I think. I picked up some little white picket fencing to put in front of my flowers today to protect them from being cut down by the lawnmower. I have been taking pictures which I will share eventually.

DH somehow got into some poison oak or something like that recently; had to get some meds today. Time to go make something for dinner (we had fish last night; and the leftovers for lunch today). We are having something with lean hamburger for dinner tonight -- not sure what yet though.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-14-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All!

Life in our home has been quite hectic. The boys mom continues to hold on. She did not have a good night last night and she still is not breathing on her own. She was to have surgery today to start skin grafts but they weren't able to do it because her blood pressure kept fluctuating. They are hoping to operate on her tomorrow morning.

I would appreciate your prayer. I have a job interview tomorrow at 4:30. I need to make a change and I'm praying the Lord will provide. As I was praying last night He gave me this verse. Psalm 16:11 "Thou wilt show me the path of life, in thy presence is fullness of joy, at thy right hand there are pleasures forever more." I'm standing on this promise.

Must run the boys want to rent movies.

Have a good night.
Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #43  
Rosebud

KATHY ~ prayers continue for KELLIE , and You ... for your job interview tomorrow. Bon Chance ...
Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #44  

Height: 5'3"

Hi sorry thought I'd pop in here today. I hop in so seldom that I always wonder if you even remember me. Not much going on today...I watered everything this am except 1/2 the back yard (always have to move the sprinkler) and the front yard. Doing the front yard now as it is cooler there but still very warm in back so will do it in a little bit or else wait til tomorrow to catch the other side of the back yard. But the gardens and flowers all got watered this am. God is giving us beautiful days and I enjoy being outside more.

Kathy - Kathy I have prayed for the boys mother and about your job interview. Hope you can relax and enjoy the movie.

Ronni - I don't play the Facebook games but a lot of my friends do. They seem to be a lot of fun for them. You have it really warm..think we only got into the lower 80s today but not sure. It was pleasantly warm. LOL Guess we know you will be eating a lot of squash! We have learned that even one zucchini plant is more than we need/want. I used to shred it up and freeze to make bread but now we can't have it around tempting us (diabetics). Someone told me on another forum about zucchini soup...but I'm not sure whether we'd like it. We had leftover night last night but there were no leftovers so it turned out to be pantry night and we chose frozen entrees. Tonight was officially pantry night and I was going to fix tuna casserole (from a tuna helper) but then my afternoon snack turned out to be more like a meal, so I'm having a light dinner and my dh is choosing another frozen entree for his dinner. I need to plan meals and get to the grocery store again!

Well my dd is calling so have to run.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #45  

Went to work at the store today and did but while there was no customers went out side and cut my husbands tomatoes back and hoe-ed the whole garden. They look a-lot better now. Then i went over where there is shade in the after noon and sun in the morning planted some cherry tomatoes for our Fall garden then planted some squash in the bottom of an old garage vacuum cleaner , so now I have squash on wheels. Then waited on customers got to see a-lot of people have not seen in a while, love that part.
Man came by and he said he would fix my chicken house so I got to get that barn cleaned up! Hubbie, wants me to work again tomorrow.

Kathy still praying here in Texas and reading psalms for y'all.

Last edited by Bootsie; 07-14-2010 at 10:21 PM.