Old 05-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Exclamation Mediation and Weight loss

My Longtime beau is losing, which he had lost 100 Lbs and counting and drop in clothing sizes. He told me on how he did it by mediation daily. He trained is mind on eating slow and he told me his eating is slow that takes an hour to finish a meal. I am proud of him and am trying to follow this method, since am a fast eater..We are both Catholics.

Does anyone here does this method?
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

LILIANN my wife teaches yoga a little bit on the side and at church...last year she was telling me about mindful eating...I "think" it had something to do with her yoga lesson at the time...don't remember....but...

She had me eating my food slower...experiencing the taste and texture....flavor....appreciating it!

To be honest it did make a difference!!!!.......

again...I fail to do the things I should do.....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LILIANN ~ welcome to our part of the site! Yes, I have heard of this method -- one way, is that you have to chew each mouthful of food so many times before swallowing it, but now I forget how many times they said. I supposed you could start with 10-20 and work your way up.

The point is to help you slow down and not eat so fast; as my research says that it takes at least 20-30 minutes for your stomach to signal your brain that it is satiated (or full). These techniques could help us a lot.

Also, my SM also does this and she puts her fork down in between each bite as well, and then concentrates on the chewing and taste and so forth. I think GARY is correct in that it is referred to as MINDFUL EATING ...

I am trying this out right now for myself as I did notice that I sometimes eat too fast. I hope you drop by our way again real soon ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-28-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote