A Prayer for Power...

• I saw this while at Curves this morning and loved it so I had the lady make me a copy! Whether you have just started this journey or have been on it a while, I hope it inspires you all as much as it did me!!

Dear God,
    I admit that I have come to both love and hate the word "diet." On the one hand, it represents hope for change. On the other hand, it's like a sign flashing "Failure ahead!" I don't want to simply embark on another faulty plan, Lord. I want to embark on a journey with You. That is led by You and depends on Your power. I can do NOTHING on my own! And I don't want to just punish and deprive myself. You and I both know where that leads: to rebellion and failure. Show me the right path that will enable me to change. Show me, as only You, who know me so intimately, can, what works for me, what is healthy for me. I want to think of this venture in positive terms, Lord--not that I'm signing up to be miserable or in want. I want to learn to redirect my thinking, to feed my body what it truly needs when it truly needs it. And to feed my soul with the Bread of Life--You! Today I place my future, my failures, my setbacks, all of my hopes and plans into your hands. There alone will I find meaning and true success in my life. Amen

"God has never asked anyone to eat food off a list, to count fat exchanges, or to take an appetite suppressant. You have just been applying the wrong medicine to this condition."

This isn't to say that all diets or weight-loss programs are bad. God can and DOES work in conjunction with these. What matters is that He is central to our plan.

Redefine the word "diet" to mean:

* a Decision to change the way I eat and the way I approach food
    * an Invention to experience God's power and guidance
    * an Educated plan for long-term health and happiness
    * a Trust that God will NEVER give up on me or love me less--NO MATTER WHAT!

People will always have something to say about you but God loves unconditionally!!
  • This is great, thanks for posting! Pam
  • Thanks for posting this. It is great.....shows us where our priorities should be.
  • Thank you so much for sharing. It says it so well. I don't want to be on just another diet.
  • You truly inspired me, I hope you don't mind I copied it off and will be caring it in my Bible. Thank You so much for sharing and thank Curves too for me.
  • I don't mind at all!! I think I'm gonna make a copy and hang it on the fridge or somewhere I can see it everyday!