Old 03-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Good to see some activity here...I'm no help

Angie is off on a run, she is training for a few races...a 10K mud run and a 10K with my daughter. She is thinking about training for a half marathon...we shall see. If she does she would have to give up bell choir since the big training days are on Saturdays, the same days as bell choir. She would still fill in for songs she knows and songs she could learn in a hurry if needed. Right now she is 50/50 on it.

I was off work most of the week...don't mind...I was able to get a few jobs done for friends that have been waiting...was able to get my garage cleaned and my truck in for a much needed service...will pick it up later tonight.

Things are going well around here at the moment. It's nice have knucklehead stationed close for a while...he came home this afternoon for the week-end...although I probably won't see him much ...he will be with his buddies and probably go see his mom. He stays with my daughter and sil during the week.

My sister is doing as good as we can hope for. She has been coming to church almost every week and has made it to one of Angie's yoga classes, she does it on her own at home.

Speaking of Angie's yoga...it is really taking off at church...she has about 30 in her "base" now...she did a class at the yoga studio last week and the owner told me she was very impressed with her and the crowd she brought in! Of course some of the crowd was my sister, niece, ex-wife, and the mom and sister of our son in law... she did bring in 7 from the community though.

I will be back to work next week and shouldn't miss much in the near future...it was nice getting this week off after working for 2.5 months...these old bones need it

I was able to get the dogs out on walks every day...I really miss that when I am working far from home...just not enough time or energy in the day! We won't be doing the beach or Starbucks tomorrow since Angie has to be at church early....they are having a big bell choir thing there...people from all over the state are coming for some kind of competition and concert. She said she just may call me to go to church tomorrow night since she will be there all day anyway then we can go to the beach on Sunday.

Well gals, you all have my prayers as always. I will try to get back here this week-end with some personals to all of you!

Until then...be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI WILMA ~ nice to see you drop in too; will send up prayers for your friend and his family; plus for you too: that your BP will come back down to where it should be.

RONNI ~ same for you; sending up prayers for your MIL, your DH, your DAD, for you, and for that soap opera drama -- that GOD's LOVE will rain down into the hearts and minds and homes of all of your family ... and some great big hugs too!

That's funny what you said about the gloomy way everything looks with the snow and fog; we had that here at the end of February but thank GOD, it has been replaced with glorious ... and that will come your way soon too. Will pray that GOD will give you direction and find the perfect home for you and your family.

GARY ~ glad that you got some much needed rest. Angie is as busy as ever, but so happy that her yoga classes are so successful. I'd bet they would be very helpful to ANNIE too; still sending up prayers for her regularly; it's a tuff road to walk, so she and others like her really need our prayers ...

BARGOO ~ still sending up prayers for you too ...

Hi to all our other encouragers out there; hope you are feeling well, and that you all have a wonderful weekend too ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #48  
Rosebud

H E L L O ..... anybody else out there? there? there? or am I all alone in this thread too? Can anyone tell me why I love to make time to come here and visit and read and support my fellow chickadees in their pursuit of health and wellness? Huh? Huh? Anybody? It's my destiny!

We had another lovely one today ... awesome baby! I just stayed home and did fun stuff and some notsofun stuff (housecleaning) and cooking a nice roast pork with roasted veggies dinner for DH and I when he got back from doing his favorite thing (his hobby).

Had a great day; hope you all did too! Have a great week too, eh?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-15-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Because you LOVE US Rosebud!

I have been working in the garden but today had to go to town, don't like to go to town, they drive like crazy in town, zoop here zoop there people don't know what the white line is for at the intersection they think they need to be in the middle of the intersection and stop. Supose to stay behind the white line not in front of it when the light is red! When the speed says 35 people are all passing you up and Ha! you catch up with them at the next red light. Give me the country, city life is not for me!

Last edited by Bootsie; 03-16-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #50  

Oh I have a question or two that just popped up in this old head of mine.....
Don't you think its time for our bodies to listen what our souls want instead of our soul listening to what our bodies want? I read threads all the time our bodies are trying to tell us something well... I think our bodies are smarter than we think, your body is in the starving mood , and refuses to lose weight,.... you need to eat more etc etc, etc.... One says eat this, one says eat everything, one says count your calories ,one says drink fruit juice, no wonder we can't lose weight we are turning circles till we are dizzy!

I think my body if it has a mind of its own, needs to take the ear plugs out of it's so called ears and start listening to my soul..I want to be what God wants me to be and for the life of me I think he wants me to be healthy, happy and have wisdom. I can tell you one thing my body is not starving if it keeps growing...... In fact I feel so much better when I don't eat. Am I wrong? If so please explain it to me.

Last edited by Bootsie; 03-16-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #51  

Bootsie, see my reply on weigh down.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #52  
Rosebud

HI BOOTSIE ~ I also put a post in the Weigh Down thread. I have been feeling the same frustration lately as well; everyone claims to have the best way, but I agree that our body does know when it is hungry or starving, and will do whatever it has to -- to protect us from falling ill or worse; but it's not infallable. We are but flesh and that can be weak at times too.

I also think that starvation diets can lead to frustration and ill health; I was a fabulous dieter -- I lost piles of weigh again and again, but just didn't know how to keep it off. I am tired of trying new plans and spending more money on more plans. Now I am just trying to trust that my body does know what is best for me; eating healthy, whole foods in moderation and trust GOD that He will do the rest.

Lately, I have started to lose a lot of inches and possibly some weight, but I am going to use my clothes and measurements as guides like I did in the past, instead of getting upset over a number on a scale. I know that for about five years now, I have been eating very healthy foods and getting better at it with each passing month.

When we were young, we didn't fuss about what we ate like people do today; we ate a blend of meats, veggies, dairy, and grains, etc and we weren't overweight then. We did not eat seconds or fast foods; and hardly ever ate junkies -- I was thinking there might be a hint there ...

I think there was a stress and comfort thing that came in there somewhere; and we have been working hard on that one. I now use meditating on GOD's Word, PRAYER, PRAISE, and SONG to combat the neggies in this life that lead to comfort eating for me.

Interestingly, my DH can eat any kind of food in any amounts and he is a slim 130 lbs with his slippers and clothes on; obviously a different metabolism going on there; but he doesn't eat out of emotion! He eats small amounts at a time: he doesn't binge; although he eats a few munchies at Christmas. He is very active though; he walks a lot, and rides his bike a lot now; and I think it's that activity that helps keep him slim.

I told him that I would follow him around but I know that I would collapse. Sooo ... I'm a work in progress; I'll get where I am supposed to be in my body's good time. And, I think that GOD will help me too; by giving me strength and encouragement along the way ... "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, AND I SHALL NOT WANT ..." Psalm 23 (my favorite one too).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-16-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #53  

Oh Rosebud that is wonderful you are loosing inches! YEAH!

I think if I listen to my body though, I am going to weigh 375 by this time next year, right now I weigh 197. My body needs to listen to what my soul wants and what my soul thinks is going to help my body stay in shape. I think all my body wants especially my taste buds is eat, that makes it feel good. Well only till its full then it feels like road kill on a Texas Hot Highway! I did not eat this morning for I was not hungry but I woke in the middle of the night starving but I just turned over and went back to sleep. When I did eat I knew not to eat to much for I had a bunch of work to do. I felt so much better, until tonight I gave in to my body taste buds wanted some chili and now I feel like I have been rung through and old wringer washing machine and hung out to dry. Learn and live. Rosebud I think I will throw my scales away and just use my tape measurer.

I think I found me a home church, going to it first time this Sunday. It is just starting out. River of Life Bible Church. Some friends of mine is starting it up. Please pray this is the one!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #54  

There is a really good new book out.......the Eden diet.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #55  
Rosebud

HI BOOTSIE ~ I was laughing becuz of what you said becuz I know that is true too; if we listen to all our wants and desires and our tastebuds ... I meant listen to what your body is telling you in the context of your present eating style, in the sense of your cravings: what are they? I usually crave protein, so I figured that I wasn't getting enuff and so upped my protein intake. Sometimes, I feel like I am starving: and so then I will check how much I ate and see that I haven't eaten near enuff that day.

I also realized that I wasn't eating enuff good fats each day, so now I am trying to make sure to eat things with good fats (omega-3's) in them and use a bit of olive oil or omega-3 oils in my cooking (ie canola, peanut oil, sunflower, salflower, soya oils, etc). This is supposed to make us not feel so hungry: I mean, physically ...

Gotta go get dinner on; DH is pacing, so I will come back and talk more later ...
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #56  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ the internet was acting up so badly late last night that I couldn't post, so (thank GOD) I saved all my posts and am just copying them in today (including the one I started to BOOTSIE) ... when I got up this AM, it came back on ... glad that they got that all sorted out!

We have a lot of clouds today and had a tinsey, insey, bitsey amount of ***** that was barely detectable and that has now stopped. It was colder this AM (around 0 C so we had to put the heat back on). The sun is trying to peak through and may succeed; but we knew this awesome streak had to come to an end eventually. We took full advantage of it whilst it was here.

Hope you all have a very pleasant day!!! Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-18-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #57  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ to continue ... I was wondering how you would know what your Soul wants you to eat? I mean, I hear all these people talking about what GOD wants us to do; what the LORD wants us to do; and now, what your Soul wants you to do ...

I wanted to know what GOD thought too, so I did a study through the bible and looked up all the verses I could find pertaining to food and eating (and marked them) ... and I was pleasantly surprised that there are more positive verses about eating than negative ones.

Very few of them talked about specific INDIVIDUALS who overate but were referring to excess in eating and drinking (gluttony) as the Romans did many years ago at their feasts where they would eat and drink, purge, eat again, purge again and so on, as an activity in itself ... I referred to this in a previous post in a previous thread some time ago.

Now, all I could find was that GOD wanted us all to eat well and enjoy eating and be healthy and happy. Since so many people in this world had to battle starvation and not having enuff to eat, I am not surprised that was the focus in the bible most of the time.

The phenomenon we face today in our modern and affluent societies is similar to the Romans becuz we too live in a very abundant society 'where something that was meant for our good has become a trap to them'. *(Psalm 69:22)

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating good, wholesome foods in moderation, and scripture supports this really. So where did we go wrong? OR did we? Well, with the proliferation of what I call UNHEALTHY FOODS AND FOOD PRODUCTS, there was an increase in weight-related issues including obesity and studies around the world support that.

Now, for many people they eat according to their income and convenience. People used to grow a lot of their own food; now, not so many do. A recent study says that Canadians are becoming very health conscious and home gardening is on the increase again.

I am not so sure there is a mysterious reason why we overeat, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to not use food to comfort myself anymore, but go to GOD, so to speak ...

EDIT TO ADD: I think there is really only three main reasons that we all eat -- 1) Need: Hunger 2) Emotion: comfort 3) Conditioning: from advertising and the availability of fast foods and junkies everywhere we go ... and we are now aware of this too.

... Turn to the LORD when we are hurt or sad or mad or whatever; trying to use any other positive thing I can -- to deal with negative situations and people that come up in my life now. So ... I am now using the Word (by memorizing short, positive bible verses), bible study & meditations, praying, PRAISING, and SONG to combat (if you will) the mental or emotional side of eating.

I am hoping that combining the two: knowing what foods are good for us and using the right spiritual armor will heal this issue in my life ... I think that it is working as I don't eat so much out of emotion anymore -- not like I used to at all. It only happens now and then (and I know why and am trying to use the tool of FORGIVENESS for that); and now I seem to be much more aware of it when it happens too.

As you know, I am trying to focus on GOOD HEALTH instead of other vain things; and that has really helped me too. Nothing spiritually wrong with that! Another thing I am doing is having healthy foods and snacks around so that if I do digress, it is with a handful of nuts instead of something unhealthy. I can forgive others and myself and move on ...

Well, didn't mean to turn this into a book, but just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you ... And, I am looking into "The Eden Diet" by Dr. Rita Hancock as I am looking for a more positive Christian study and this looks promising so far, so we'll see ...

Quote:
Quote: Like Dr. Rita says...if a "Christian" book or program leaves you feeling depressed, guilt-ridden or feeling bad, that is not the voice of God whispering in your ear."

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-18-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #58  

Quote: I was wondering how you would know what your Soul wants you to eat?
Rosebud,I think it's mainly what my soul knows is good for my body and what is not good for my body.

Here is example of what my body wants and what my soul, that God is still working on ,knows what is best. I made some homemade Monkey bread with cream cheese icing and nuts. I was not hungry but the taste of it made me want more and more! If I had not put a stop to it, after the first slice and refused to let my body have more than that one piece ,I would of ate the whole thing. Instead I took it to the store and between 8 guys it disappeared.Example : My soul took control of what I ate.

A little something with my body is like an alcoholic , awe just one sip is not gonna hurt nothing, 1 sip turns into a six pack, 6 pack turns into a 12 pack, its hard for me Rosebud, sorry one bite of ice cream might mean a pint to a gallon, if I let my taste buds rule. One bite of a good tasting pie might turn into one slice, then two then three so on. I think this is called gluttony, when my body is way out of order in eating.

A drunk can be disruptive ect... a glutton (ME) seldom is. but I hurt inside just as much and yes I need help just as much as an alcoholic does. I realize that but there sometimes to be no one and you feel so alone during this fight within, so I with God's help has to take over. Just look at my brother he just went through Open Heart Surgery, God gave my body a soul for a reason, its up to me to care for it the best I know how, I believe that is what God explains to us through out the Bible.
Another example:
This morning my body did not want to go walking but I made it go anyway. It would of much rather-ed sit in front of the tv and watched the news and ate breakfast and sipped on Hot Tea. Or went to this computer and stayed on it for an hour or two. Instead I made it walk 3 miles. That is my soul taking over. If I had listen to what my body wanted I would of downed the whole pan of Monkey Bread and got no exercise or enjoyed my walk & talk with my friend. Listening to what my body wants could send me into depression!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #59  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ I certainly do understand how you feel and I will pray that GOD will help you to learn how to not 'binge' on certain foods. For instance, if I know a certain food temps me to eat too much of it (usually that would be a munchie item; salty & crunchy); I won't make it, bake it, buy it, or have it in my home! No offence meant here, so please don't take it that way ...

Now, I read somewhere that the soul is really our GOD-like MIND indwelling in our bodies so2speak ... and that the Holy Spirit can speak into our soul or mind to tell us what GOD desires for us; sometimes that is through His Word (the bible), or through other Christians, or Christian books, etc.

So if you felt impressed in your mind (or soul as you call it) to take that monkey bread down to the store to let the men eat it, that's great ... GOD was trying to rescue you from a bad situation, I think.

*** What was the real issue here? Is it that you are a glutton or did you make a mistake in judgement: or an unwise choice -- should you have made that monkey bread in the first place? Is the alcoholic's real problem that he can't control how much he drinks, or is it that maybe he shouldn't be drinking alcohol? That's usually the remedy for them: ban the alcohol; the thing that caused the alcoholism. Are you addicted to hard-boiled eggs or apples or carrots? Probably not, so it isn't all food, just certain ones. So are you a glutton or are there just some foods that have addictive qualities for you? I think you are blaming yourself, when you should be examining your food choices instead ... ***

I thank GOD that over the last several years that I have been healed of binge eating; it took time, but I learned how to deal with this much better now. I learned that I have a few trigger foods that I am just better off not having around; and the rest I have learned not to overeat them. I can eat only one piece of pie and I am grateful for that; we each take one piece and if there is any left over, I put the rest in the freezer for another time.

I learned tricks that have really helped me, like I buy one container of ice cream and those small flat cones, and I can only fill it to the top; so now we don't eat too much at once. I have to admit that I never had issues with some foods; but I did with others, so we are all different. I don't bake chocolate chip cookies anymore; instead DH will pick up a few at the bakery if he really wants them.

Each of us can learn strategies and tricks that help us; and I think that is what Dr. Rita Hancock is talking about in her book, but when I can get a copy of it, I will know for sure. I think there will always be some foods out there that I will just have to ban from my home, but I am so much better now.

Each person is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs about interpretation and definitions of words; this is a free world. We may just see some things a bit differently. I don't believe that I am a glutton, nor have I ever been one; and I don't mean that in a derogatory way either! I never ate copious amounts of any one food, but I maybe ate a bit more than I needed occasionally.

If we were really strict like some people are -- some people think that us "fatties" shouldn't be allowed to eat anything good or yummy at all. I had one person say to me "Why don't you just stop eating?" I was so shocked but immediately I responded with ... "Why don't you?" Becuz the person who said that to me was overweight too and had been his whole life.

I believe the Holy Spirit gave me that response; it was short, but not mean, and to the point. His question was silly; my answer was appropriate. He mumbled "not me, not me" and I said "yes you, yes you ... Tell me, what would happen to you if you just stopped eating ?"... he stammered and couldn't answer for some reason. So I continued on ... "Becuz you would get sick and die, that's what? So next time, think about what you are saying before you say it!" Then I turned and walked away.

If we really believe that GOD or the LORD want us to eat better, then what is the issue really? We know that our bodies house his Holy Spirit; we already know that and so does GOD. Has that changed anything? Honestly, no ... So we ask GOD for His forgiveness for our weakness with some foods and ask him to help us find a way to eat according to need and not for other reasons like comfort.

I believe this takes time; we need time to RE-LEARN how to eat in moderation. Not only that, should we really be filling our homes full of junkies, baked goodies, and fast foods? Especially way more than we could possible eat at one time or would need for one meal. That may be our real mistake -- now if and when I make something, I make only enuff for DH and me or our guests and make it something as healthy as possible too.

Again this is another trick I use and it really helps. Make a small pie; a mini-pie if needs be ... I had my niece help me do that one year and we gave away all the extras to family, friends, and neighbours that Christmas as gifts. They were about 5" across and just right for 2 people.

I really think there is an answer to every problem; a solution for every issue. If we listen for GOD's wisdom; it is there, Bootsie. He will speak to our mind and heart and soul, if we truly listen. BUT I don't think we have to condemn ourselves and call ourselves nasty names to learn this; why there is this verbal self-flagulation that women seem to immerse themselves in, is very disturbing to me; and must be very sad to GOD.

DR. RITA talks about this in her book too! I think we mustn't let Satan badger us this way; this is just another way to put women down. I really believe this with all my heart. GOD loves you and me; and I don't think that He is mad at us about this. He is loving and kind; and slow to anger; he merciful and compassionate and understanding and caring ...

We must focus on the positive and the truth of GOD -- He isn't a big old mean ogre who is getting ready to strike us all down becuz we eat a second piece of pie! He wants us to eat and eat well; he wants us to be happy and healthy ... and that includes mental and spiritual health too. This comes from LOVE ... GOD's love -- not condemnation ... Romans 8:1

You can be healed of over-eating by accepting GOD's LOVE into your soul and heart and mind and body!!! That is the way ... that is the truth ... GOD LOVES YOU! Now, just the way you are; and then HE will help you heal and get better. Oh dear, there I go again ... rambling, but I really feel this is so important for us all to get into our minds once and for all!

GOD LOVES US -- UNCONDITIONALLY -- NOW! He has already forgiven us for every sin we have done or will ever do in the future! Now, we can relax and enjoy life ... and have it more abundantly, as Jesus said in John 10:10.

I think the first step to healing is learning that GOD loves your SOUL more than your body ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-19-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey there everyone.. I wanted to come by and say hello.. I have posted here a couple of times and always want to come back each day.. and then never do.. but I am making it part of my routine.. I love reading all of your posts, and you are all so very uplifting and supportive, and full of the love that God intended it just makes me feel lighter.. I just wanted to say i admire all of you so very much and I feel led to come here more regularly and it is one more step in obedience, which is something I have been working/struggling with at this point in my life.. and we all know that with obedience comes multiple blessings... love and prayers for all
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote