Old 03-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #16  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! And, welcome to Beth! Glad to have you here

Rosebud-glad you're having some nicer weather, too! Isn't it wonderful to have some sun and NO snow for a change? I'm sooooo ready for spring, but we've still got anywhere from 1 foot to 4 feet of snow to melt yet-hoping our basement survives the melt! A trip to see your sister and her new place sounds like a dream. I'd be planning and writing lists already-lol! Hope it works out for you two to go

Kelli-nice to see you again!

Bootsie-praying for your animals and their safety. If you're not seeing deer, those predators are probably looking for anything that looks like easy prey. We've had coyotes come into town looking for anything (like stray cats or garbage). A farmer about a mile out of town had to kill a bear last year around this time when it came up to the house area and charged him-scary! Your goats have the right idea, though-they must know whatever's out there won't like the loud noise-God must be speaking to them

Bargoo-how are you doing? I pray for you and your family daily (along with other requests you mention). You have such a heart for others and it's such an inspiration for me

EZ-ditto what I said to Bargoo. Hugs for you and Angie, too.

Hi to everyone else, too. Like someone else said (Rosebud, maybe), it's getting to a busy time of year and we're missing some of our regulars, so just in case they're lurking, hope you're all doing well and feeling God's blessings!

Well, I'm about to fall asleep on the computer and it's only 3 pm! But, that's what this MS attack seems to be doing to me-can't sleep at night because of the numb-tingly-burny sensations, but then all I want to do all day is sit down and nap (as if I had time for that-lol!). So, I'd better get going and figure out what's for dinner. Everyone have a great weekend!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ those goats are pretty smart cookies; sending out an alarm for all the others to be aware. They make good guards, I think. Will send up some prayers for animal angel protection and that you get some rest too; hope things go well for you tomorrow.

RONNI ~ I could suggest a couple of things that might help you sleep, like reading a book after you lay down and maybe a little toddy might help too, if needs be, so you can get one nights sleep. Don't know what you like or can have with your MS, or if you are on meds or not. When I had some odd symptoms like that (which have now gone away), first I try reading, if that doesn't work then I would have about 1/2 cup of beer (wine will do if you have any); and they say milk can help some people too or a nice herbal tea. My Dad likes Almond Sherry; I haven't tried it, but NUMPSTER says it is nice and you only need a sip. Not trying to make anyone an alchy here, but a little bit can be good medicine sometimes.

I hope your basement doesn't flood on you. WE had full sun and warm temps again today; it was lovely -- looks and feels like spring. DH cleared off the front porch and took down our decos as the warm temps cleared all the snow and ice off them. Yes, my sister's place is really nice; and we have to get a brake job done on the car so we can go in June. We haven't been on a trip like that for a long time.

You know I heard from some other ladies here that you can go on a Hawiian Cruise on a ship, if you don't like to fly, but you may have to drive to a western coastal city for departure. Apparantly, one goes from Vancouver in Canada with 5 days on the cruise ship; I guess the US, it would be a bit closer than that. Something to consider ...

Hope all our other encouragers are having a fantabulous Friday night; take good care and ^Prayers^ are ascending for you and yours ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Good morning

It is beautiful outside today and I think I will go for a walk in our local park. I hope that everyone has a great day.
beth1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #19  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Beth!

Hello to everyone! It sounds like spring is coming for most of us

The weather is beautiful here! And, I'm hoping for more of the same in Chicago next week

The California trip went very well, we sure did love seeing the kids!!! It is very hard to leave, though - it makes us miss them all the more!

Work is still crazy-busy. When there is no one to sub for you, it just means you have to work twice as hard when you return from a vacation

Prayers are continuing for everyone! I hope you are having a blessed and growth-filled Lenten season!

Laurie (I sure hope scooter season comes early this year!)
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Taking a few minutes to finally post...I know...I know...heard that before

Sorry for not taking time to check in...or post! I do check in every day

Angie is doing some yoga upstairs and I am killing time here at the computer.

We are still trying to figure out if we are going to church tonight or in the morning. It is raining here and it looks like it will be all day tomorrow so no chance on getting over to the beach in the morning. We do like 8am service best of all anyway....although all 3 services....Sat 6 Sun 8 and 10:30 are all the same....sometimes the music changes....bells one service...choir the next....children. We have communion at all services.

Angie just said tomorrow at 8...she is making dough in the bread maker for pizza tonight and is still doing yoga in her yoga room.

I finished up the job we were on, for the most part...a stressful one. I have a few days off...well, not really...I have some drywall projects to do for some folks that have been waiting for me since before my surgery. I will take care of them them start a new job sometime next week. Work doesn't look SUPER DUPER in the near future for our company but we do have work...we do have projects signed and it looks like we WILL begin building a couple of pretty good sized dealerships real soon...it the $$$ doesn't stop again.

I just had the 3 months off with my surgery then go back to work for 2 months without any time off and I already need a break ...must be these 56 year old bones trying to do a young man's job

SCOOTER ~ Good to see you stop by

BETH ~ Welcome back

ROSEBUD ~ Glad the weather is nice and I bet you are really looking forward to seeing Numpster!

RONNI ~ So glad to see things (settlements and college things) turning to promise! I have known several with MS over the years....you can do this dear!!

BOOTSIE ~ I live in a heavily populated area but we always have coyotes walking down the streets certain times of the year...I have seen a few cats carried off too. It is sad but we have a lot of retired folks near us, they have small dogs....they end up "missing" ....seen it many times in the 30 years I have lived in this house. Great seeing you back

KELLI ~ BARGOO ~ CAROL ~ Great to see you checking in

WILMA ~ KAREN...and all the others ~ I am sending out the search and rescue team for you....

C-YA
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

A little LENTEN humor this morning...I posted it in another thread....

I made nachos for breakfast...Angie says "I thought you gave up your week-end morning nachos for Lent"...

I said..."I did...but I didn't give up lying"....

I am a work in progress...slow-slow progress!!!

be good!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #22  
Rosebud

HI FRIENDS ~ we have been so blessed this week; with another full day of clear skies and and warmer temps again ... awesome!!! The trend is supposed to change soon, but we actually have some GREEN GRASS by the fir tree & feeder; the doves were in seventh heaven ...

Nice to see LAURIE and GARY pop in and I agree that we may have to send out a POSSY for WILMA and KAREN real soon. I know that spring comes sooner for you folk than us but it is sure trying to come early for us too. This is the time when posting really s l o w s down; people get so busy outdoors walking and working in their gardens. We will be doing the same I'm sure; well, as we can and in our own way.

Hope you all have a super peaceful, restful, and relaxing Sunday tomorrow ... take good care ... Rosebud
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the prayers. I had one 2 month old baby come in with her ear half hanging on 3 weeks ago. I sprayed some scarlet oil on it and today you cannot even tell anything was wrong. I had a grown goat come in 2 days a go with his ear split down the middle. What ever is back there must be trying to pull them down by the ear and strange, same side , their right ear.
My friend was telling me he has seen them right in the city of Austin Texas! You know we have had an out break of rabies in Texas just think if it got into the coyotes! There sounded like 50 coyotes howling the other night in our pasture! No one would be safe walking out their door, our animals would not be safe, except for the ones that got their rabies vaccination and still if they did not get killed first.
We had a great day yesterday and I have not dieted but get this....lost 4 pounds! Kelli must be putting a good word in for me, thank You Jesus could of not done it without you!
Ronni I have trouble sleeping too but if I am to do what I have to do I have to stay up and get it done! No time for sleep!

They say they dropped some rabies medicine . I sure hope they dropped enough for all the animals.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #24  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ I hope all your goaties come in at night; ours used to always come in around dinnertime but they never really ventured that far away from their shelters anyways. Are your dogs always tied up? You'd think the scent and sound of your dogs would scare the coyotes away. The cats are another thing though; sometimes, they act like nothing scares them. Am sending up prayers for more angel protection; but keep those little ones near the barn where they are safest.

We had another day of gorgeous and +10C -- even the sidewalks were melting today. We even have some green grass showing on our front lawn. NIKO and I spent at least 2 hours out on our deck basking in the sun; I think he was out there much longer than me though. I like to take a book and read out there at this time of year as there are no buggies until June ... yeah!

We went out to our lot for a drive yesterday afternoon and to take a look around; hardly any snow this year. We saw 3 flocks of SNOWBIRDS: two out there and one later in the day in the north when we went visiting some friends up that way. That must be a sure sign that spring is coming early becuz they don't usually come until the end of March and early April. The females come early to set up nests and the males come later to mate, so they say. So we should see a new wave very soon.

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow; and do take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-08-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great news on the sun ROSEBUD which reminds me what ever happened last year when we were praying for rain BOOTSIE?

I think we are officially out of the drought here in southern California.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #26  

Hello all you encouragers!

Rosebud and Bootsie, I love the way you guys write. You paint word pictures and I always feel like I am right there with you. Rosebud, for a minute there I was sitting on your porch basking with you and Niko.

Bootsie, there are times when you have written post when I have laughed out loud, (my husband thinks I'm crazy!). Like when you chase wild animals with sticks... HOWEVER, I hope you don't do that this summer, because of the whole rabies thing going on there... AND... like Gary I'm wondering how the drought is there? Has this winter replenished any of the water?

God has been so good to me, He has put me in the position of Children's Ministry Coordinator at my church. I love it, but it keeps me very busy!

Well I guess I better get on with my day, Love you all.

Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all. I was here a yr or so ago, back again. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting here, as time permits.
It is another gorgeous day here, the sun is shining, suppose to be in the 60's. In for some rain the rest of the week.
Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! We just got another rain last night and it was a thunder storm! My husband now is moaning and groaning he can not get in the field for all the rain! Ha! I know that is money in his pocket but I would rather see the rain and a new baby calf or goat,sheep born into a wet world instead of a dried up world. The only thing that gets to me is the wind blowing hard, but ya know there is a reason for that, don't rightly know what ,but God does. Oh and those old hens just love the wet ground! It is so much fun to watch them they remind me of this lady I loved dearly Mrs McClary while I was growing up. I sure do miss her, she would take me to church with her no matter how I was dressed. One day my folks and I just dropped by to see her before she went to church and I had shorts on, and she asked me if I wanted to walk with her to church, which I did want to but was not dressed for church. She said that don't matter come on! It was a small church and when I walked in with shorts on with her, someone said a smart remark well they should not of done that , she laid into them like a setting hen. Gave them the facts of life, she was little but she had God within her heart. Then we went and sit down for church. Got to go someone outside!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #29  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - blessings!
Just a quick fly-in to check up on everyone before we take off for Chicago.

Yes - Gary, there will be GREEN beverages involved - probably LOTS of them
I will have one and think of you

Spring has sprung here as well - the weather has been absolutely glorious - it even reached 50F over the weekend!

I probably won't be on the computer again until we return next week, but - prayers are ascending for all!

Blessings
Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 03-09-2010 at 08:12 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Have a safe trip SCOOTER!