Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #121  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI ~ that's great news; what a double blessing for your DS2 ... PTL for that!!!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ had a really nice day today; much milder temps so we ventured out to buy a few small things we needed. So I got some walking in today and saved some dough big time too! Hope you all have a blessed evening plus a super Saturday tomorrow ... (for some reason, I kept thinking today was Saturday, when it was still Friday) ... I have it all straightened out now ... ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-19-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #122  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
KIM ~ prayers goin' up that you are feeling better soon; there are so many flus going around these days, and bronchitus is no fun.
for your Prayers! I'm get'n my energy back - by next week, I should be back to exercise!

Still bark'n a lot - coughing up "hair balls" but seem to be on the mend!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #123  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
A quick fly-in again tonight.
Prayers continuing for all, special prayers for healing for those in need.

I hope to catch up tomorrow!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #124  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Spent the week taking my sister to doctors appointments and such. We did get a walk in together, she was up to that one day. We did a lot of visiting and resting! It was her off week of chemo so she felt pretty good considering.

Went to Angie's work party last night...did pretty good on the appetizers...not like Thanksgiving! Yeah for me...beer was ok too for me...4 Pacifico's...I had pre-ordered the London Broil...it was good, had a ton of veggies with it and mashed potatoes...I am sure it was great on the calorie chart but hey...that's life....

Going over to Angie's ex-husband's tonight for a dinner/birthday party for my step-daughter. Should be fun, my daughter and son in law will be there, my nephew got home from the NAVY for Christmas a few days ago too...he hit my door running!!!!!!!! I have seen him for a few minutes at a time..ha! He did give me a hand about an hour ago moving some ladders I needed done. My son's mil just flew in for 2 days a bit ago so he is going to stop by the party but dil won't...taking her mom to Island's for a "fix"...guess there isn't one in Florida where she lives..lol....

Well I gotta jam...I will return...promise!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #125  
Rosebud

Just a quiet day at home; watching Christmas movies. Eating healthy and relaxing tonight. HOpe you are all well and having a wonderful weekend too; less than a week to that special day ... ROSEBUD
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #126  

Hi all, hope you are having a stress-free weekend! I'm just finishing up laundry and wrapping gifts.

I'm thankful that all of the Christmas parties are now over, and only the holiday itself is left. We plan to visit MIL for Christmas Eve and then spend the day at home. Thus, I might just make it through the month without a gain

We got the WII out again tonight after several months of inactivity. It was fun, but I am definitely "rusty". Good exercise though

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie
Old 12-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #127  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Good Morn'n Everyone!

Bronchitis took a turn for the worse in the last couple of days, with last night being a "nightmare" of coughing. I am on my SECOND round of antibiotics, ya'd think I would be improving instead of going backwards. If I don't feel any better my tomorrow, I'm calling my doctor to see what she says.

Had to pull out the nebulizer out this morning and drank some "Breath Deep" tea during the night last night - pretty tired this morning - but the breathing treatment has me wired now.

I missed Chapel this morning , couldn't be there for the Sunday before Christmas to lead the drivers in Christmas song - I am so disappointed...I'm sure they are too...but my husband said he would come up with something special for them to do instead.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #128  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Home from church and "stalling" chores.... Angie and I are having the house tented for termites on Monday, we need to start bagging stuff....boring.... It really shouldn't take too long. We will stay at our son's house for a few days, he and my dil will leave for Florida in the morning for the week to see her folks.

Well my pants are a bit tighter with Angie's party on Friday night and my step-d's birthday party/dinner last night....why does the food I like the most have all those nasty calories?...oh....woe is me....

Still haven't had the whole family together since nephew and step-d got home for the Christmas break...nephew has been out runnin' wild with his break from the NAVY...step-d spending most of her time with friends...all of this is no surprise or shock to us

We may even be having our "personal" family Christmas maybe on New Years Day....with my son/dil and daughter/kidnapper going out of town to the dark side for Christmas....

Well...not really the dark side...just the dil/sil side of the family.... friends of ours by the way.....

We will still have our Christmas Eve here with about 20 family/friends...the only ones missing will be my son and daughter in law.

KIM ~ that has to be rough!

SCOOTER ~ Enjoy the up-coming break from all the busy holiday stuff you have been up too. Good news that wii is still working

ROSEBUD ~ Angie and I have seen about 8 movies on Lifetime this past week on Christmas....I enjoy them. Enjoy the rest and eating healthy

RONNI ~ great news on your son and college. My step-d is looking at a few right now for her master's...between Wash/Ore/Ariz/Col state schools right now. My daughter went to a small christian college here for her last 3 years....great experience. Yep....it kicks ya where it hurts when they first leave....it gets better

CATHY ~ Thank you for the youtube...I had seen it before but it is great!

HEIDI ~ Prayers for your dad. Angie dreads the last day of school before Christmas...kids on Santa-crack

Gotta jam for a bit....

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #129  

Hi all - happy Sunday!
Hope you are enjoying the last Sunday of Advent!
I'm finishing up Christmas preparations and wrapping. It feels good to be done with the "chores".

Hope you have a blessed Christmas week!

Laurie
Old 12-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #130  
Rosebud

KIM ~ I recall having severe bouts of a bronchial flu myself, so I really know how it feels. I love Vicks vapor rub for breathing; losenges like HALLS for coughing; NEO CITRON for congestion and sleeping; wrap up warm; and get lots of rest -- plus prayers continue as well!

GARY -- we have a growing collection of Christmas movies that we watch; and each year, I try to get DH another one that he hasn't seen yet as he loves watching movies. I was very fortunate to find a few on sale this year (he will get these under the tree). We both were having trouble thinking of gifts this year, but that is one I know he likes for sure ...

LAURIE ~ glad to hear that you are catching up; esp using your Wii again, but I bet you were so busy that you got lots of exercise in anyways. We have a few gifts to wrap yet for friends & family here. This week we wil pick up a couple of small gifts for each other: that's our mission a few days before Christmas. I always do the stockings on Christmas Eve which seems to be our favorite thing of all.

DH went to his Christmas shin-dig at his old church today; they have a huge party and turkey lunch each year and he likes to go to see his old friends. I did my own thing here basking in the while doing my devotions and prayers in my rocker ... so very quiet and peaceful. This week we will go out to look at the Christmas lights; on Christmas Eve we go to services and look at more lights before coming home. Friends are coming on Christmas day so that will be nice.

We had a nice roast beef dinner tonight; leftovers will be made into a Shepherd's or cottage pie for tomorrow's dinner. Will be busy getting everything ready over the next few days including laundry and spiffing up the place just a tiny bit.

HI TO ALL OUR CE'S OUT THERE! Hope you are all well and having a peaceful and restful Sunday ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-20-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 202/192/130

Height: 5' 5"

I feel somewhat guilty for doing such a fly-by post when I don't really know any of you. I wish these forums were set up differently to make it easier to navigate so I could get to know you all more easily.

I wanted to post a quick prayer request on here and if any of you feel led to pray for a stranger, I sure would appreciate it.

I have 7 kids and I homeschool. My life seems to revolve around food! I'm constantly planning the next meal or preparing a meal.

My biggest problem is that I'm a terrible dieter. I'm a terrible dieter because I lack self-control.

I strongly believe that this is a spiritual problem for me, as a born-again Christian. So I'm asking whoever reads this and feels led to pray to please whisper a prayer for Michelle the homeschooling Mom of 7 in GA.

I need to get spiritually right. I've rarely ever lost much weight due to my lack of self control.

Thanks!

Michelle
P31Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #132  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Sending prayers for MICHELLE...

Busy morning...packing up to go to my son's house for a few days while we get tented for termites.....

I should be able to come back here while I am over there.

Be good...
Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #133  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Happy Termite Tenting Gary! I hope you will be able 2 log on while you are homeless!

Sending prayers for Michelle! Peace be with you!

Well folks, I am at my sisters for the Holidays. I think this non eating is going to be more difficult that I thought it would be. I think I may have had my head in the sand (aka denial) not making better plans before I came to visit. Please keep me in your prayers, it is greatly appreciated!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #134  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
KIM ~ that has to be rough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
KIM ~ I recall having severe bouts of a bronchial flu myself, so I really know how it feels. I love Vicks vapor rub for breathing; losenges like HALLS for coughing; NEO CITRON for congestion and sleeping; wrap up warm; and get lots of rest -- plus prayers continue as well!
for the Get Wells and the GREAT advice - the NeoCitran looks like a GREAT idea! Will look that up when I head to town today on errands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P31Mom View Post
I have 7 kids and I homeschool. My life seems to revolve around food! I'm constantly planning the next meal or preparing a meal.
Michelle
Hi Michelle!
May I recommend a book for you? You can look it up and see what you think. The book is The DIET Alternative, Revised Version with Study Guide, by Diane Hampton. ISBN 0-88368-721-6, Publisher is Whitaker House.

I am reading this book and find it VERY helpful!
I'll be praying for you too! I was raised in a LARGE Navy Family, my poor Mom, she did not homeschool us, but she was very busy never the less!

I have homeschooled two at once, I know what you are going through, but you just have more juggl'n to do!

My ♥ goes out to ya! Let me know if you have any other needs or questions, I'm here, along with all the other terrific folks on this thread, for ya!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #135  

Hi all, hope you had a good day. Prayers going up for Michelle and everyone as they face holiday temptations!

It IS hard to stay OP this time of year.

Michelle, many of us have found that "dieting" doesn't work. I found that I had to change my lifestyle in such a way that eating small portions of healthy foods just became my "normal". It takes time, trial and error, and patience, but it does work

All is well here in northern MI. And, we actually have less snow that a lot of folk in the East right now. Prayers continuing for all having to travel this week!

Blessings to all!

Laurie