Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KAREN ~ I can't watch the video either, so I'll have to wait for you to put up some pics, but that sounds really nice.

BOOTSIE ~ it would be awesome to spend Christmas or a birthday or even Thanksgiving with family; and can't wait to find out what the mystery 'seeds' are ...

HI PRINCESS CLE ~ hope you have a great day too!

GARY ~ our roast chicken dinner was fab; how was yours? ^Prayers^ continuing for ANNIE for good test results on Wednesday, and a comfortable and quick recovery ...

Salut ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-05-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #32  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Gosh, what a busy few days-I haven't had time to post, but I have kept up with reading your posts and praying for you all.

Gary-prayers continue for your sis and you. You are such an inspiration to us all and I, for one, believe that you are having an important impact on Annie, whether it's easy to see right now or not. You and Angie are so devoted to each other, your families, and your Savior that it's apparent to even those of us who just know you by your posts, so your sister knows she can turn to you. The Holy Spirit is working on her!

As far as Friday's game, it was cold, raining, and DS2 somehow popped his kneecap out during pre-game practice. They called it a patellar subluxation and he's wearing a stabilizing brace and is on crutches for a few days, then physical therapy to keep the kneecap stable, but will have to wear the brace anytime he runs or plays sports (maybe indefinitely). But, we know it could have been much worse, so we're thanking God!

Rosebud-You have been so helpful to me these last few days. Your words to Gary about his sister have been exactly what I needed to hear as well regarding my dad's cancer and his lack of faith. You are wise and loving and I'm so glad you are part of our group.

Bootsie-We're now to the "rain, rain, go away" stage We were dry (but not in a drought like you were) for a long time, but now that the rain's started, it just won't quit! I'm glad you're going to get to go see your family, thanks to your rain! And, I know what you mean about not having a diet or work-out partner (thank goodness for 3fc). I've got friends who are thin and don't work at it and friends who are fat and don't want to do anything about it or hear about what I'm doing, so I don't have anyone near me to walk with or just share the struggle with. When my church's women's group put out a questionnaire asking what we wanted in our group, exercise and diet support was on the list of things to choose from, but apparently not enough women requested those type of programs, as nothing has been mentioned about it since. All I can say is to keep coming here, because we're all in this together!

Suga-glad to see you back!

Bargoo-I'm the same way with sugar-if I eat a little it's never enough. I'll just want more and more, whether it's ice cream or brownies or anything sweet. Along with that, I'm having trouble with overeating in the evenings and on the weekends right now. I'm almost like a bear getting ready for the winter hibernation, which is really bad.

& to everyone else! Hope you all have a nice Tuesday!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #33  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: I am keeping your sister in my prayers. We have 2 friends that had surgery today - one for breast cancer and one for prostate cancer. It is scary but we have to believe that God is in control.

Things are still busy around here. I am on holidays for 2 weeks now. A nice, much needed break from the training I'm doing at work. Today we went tree shopping. Our tree in the backyard died due to a fungus and trauma from the garage and patio. We found a beautiful Japanese tree lilac. I also planted some hydrangeas. Can hardly wait until spring now to see them flourish!

We are leaving on Thursday to see our kids in Ottawa. I am so excited to see them. It's been over year now and we miss them terribly. We'll spend a week with them. The colours in Ontario are incredible in autumn and I'm looking forward to going for walks and taking lots of pictures.

I am still struggling with my weight. I haven't gained but can't seem to lose the rest of what I need to lose. I'm sure my Dr. is going to have words for me tomorrow.

Time for me to get to bed. I think of you all even though I don't post as often as I would like to.

Have a great week!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #34  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I am new here. I'm a Theology student, planning on entering ministry in a few years. I struggle with liking myself and treating myself kindly. I try to tell myself that I am beautiful and created by God out of love, to be who I am with purpose. But sometimes it's hard and I struggle with feelings of self-worth. When I am feeling low about myself, I find it hard to pray/feel close to God. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys. xoxo
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #35  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

PinkFlamingo! Glad to have you here! I'm sure that most of us struggle with the same issues you listed (I know that I do for sure) and hope you find a lot of help and support here.

Hi to everyone else, too! Not much going on here today. It's very gloomy outside which is making it seem very gloomy inside as well. It's been a couple weeks since we had sunshine and my mood is sure showing it.

Wilma-Enjoy your visit with your kids! I'll be praying for safe travel for you. I, too, have been having trouble getting more pounds to come off, even though I don't gain. It's very frustrating, but maybe getting away and seeing your kids will help motivate for when you return? Have a great trip!

Well, talk to you all later!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

PinkFlamingo happy to have you join us. Everyone who is born was created on purpose by God, he does not make mistakes (I'm a Theology student, planning on entering ministry in a few years.) and WOW! sounds like he made you very talented and has great plans in the future for you! What a blessing! I don't know about anyone else but i think the beauty in our hearts is more important and more beautiful than the beauty of our looks. Being beautiful inside and being healthy, that would be almost perfect to me! I am having so much trouble posting and it is not even raining just on , Born again Christian, I am having the trouble, took me 10 tries to get a short message posted, just don't understand it!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #37  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the lovely welcomes! It's good to be among like-minded people. I am trying to tell myself that I am going through these trials for a reason, and that it will make me stronger.

God bless, everyone.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #38  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Talking I thought I'd stop in this thread and say "hi"...

I thought I'd check it out since a couple of people said it is a good place to be. So, I thought I'd get over here and say "hello".
I am looking forward to meeting some of you, and have "met" some of you. Have a blessed day, all.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #39  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there all my sweet taters,

Just wanted to poke my head in and let you all know I am still here, not dead, still kicking.

I have been soo busy, soooo much on my plate right now, but I had to let you all know how much I miss talking to all of you. I have had to cut back on spending sooo much time on the computer to have at home.

For all of you that know me and house, please keep me in prayer. Morgan, need I say more. I really think at times she has lost her mind, forgetting all she has been taught, all the Lord has blessed her with. Right now it is all about her. PLease please, keep her in prayer, that like the prodical son, she will return home.

Grary, the trike has been ordered and should be here very soon and Trikerbabe will be on the road. LOL

Be well my friends, be loved and be blessed and a blessing to all you meet. I love you and till next time Later gators,
Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #40  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PINK FLAMINGO ~ sounds like GOD has a wonderful purpose in mind for you already. I think we all struggle with our self esteem, but if we put our confidence in the LORD instead, that can give us a renewed strength, I think ... this is a great group, very understanding and caring too!

RYANNE ~ that's a very pretty avatar you have; love the dress on that girl ... glad you decided to join us here too!

THANKS, RONNI ~ for your very kind words; I so am happy to hear that I am able to help you and others in any way I can, but I also think that comes from GOD too. He often uses us as vessels to speak a word of encouragement to those who need it; and He knows exactly what you needed to hear. You all give me great support right back, and I really appreciate that a lot too. We've been having dull, cloudy weather here a lot too, but Mr. did manage to peak out a few times today just to let us know that he is still there ...

BOOTSIE ~ what exactly is happening when you try to post? We've all had them disappear on us now and then; but it could be popups causing problems, but what I do on days like that is type what I want into a file, save it; and just keep pasting it in until the post works. I have put that up on my screen (to the right) so that I can just click on it and the file comes up again; I call it Temp Post. You make it come up on your screen like an icon. Maybe if you can tell us what is happening we might have an idea for you how to fix it ...

HI WILMA ~ hope you have a fabulous trip down to Ottawa to see your kids. I was born and raised in southern Ontario, and can attest that it is awesomely beautiful in the fall -- my favorite time of year there. I just loved to go to the fall fairs esp around Thanksgiving weekend; they are amazing fun -- as they combine the agricultural stuff with small midways, especially in the smaller towns, and we just loved to go there every year.

HEY THERE, DEAR AGGIE ~ we have been praying up a storm for you lately; wondering where you have been??? Praying that you were well, and that you would come back to see us again soon, as we missed your lovely face and personality here. Like BOOTSIE says, beauty comes from inside our hearts and souls, and you have lots and lots of beauty to share with us all and the world too! Don't ever stop letting your light shine ... we need more Aggies and Bootsies in this world!!! And, don't be a stranger ...

Today in my devotions I heard a great saying --

IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY FOR GOD, THEN YOU ARE TOO BUSY!!!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE, and to all our MIA's too ~ Went to the dentist this AM and had my teeth xrayed and cleaned; it all went very well. Turns out I do have a couple of cavities that need doing but the young dentist is concerned that he will have some difficulty being that I have such a small mouth (you wouldn't know it by some of my posts though). He says that he will do the root canal for the one that the filling fell out, but is referring me to the senior dentist for the fillings. So I have appointments for Nov 2nd and 27th respectively. I will be coming back to ask for prayer for both those days as they get closer; I am not a fan of drilling, as it really bothers me ...

Well, we went to our favorite place to walk tonight; we call it our private track. Actually it has a few of them; rounds that you can walk -- small, large, and very large. We did two rounds today and I had no problems at all. Becuz I have Spina Bifida, I have great difficulty walking up even the slightest hill; so we will be going back to our tracks from now on (as the streets near our home are just too hilly for me). We took NIKO with us and we had a lovely stroll in the crispy fall air; just right really ...

Hope you all have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow; and take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-06-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #41  

Hello all you wonderful encouragers! I don't post much but I read about you all everyday and pray for you. Gary I just know someday your sister will be praising God for her illness, because it brought her closer to Jesus.

Love, Kelli

PS... Bootsie, I have tried and tried to figure out what your avatar is a picture of I have tried making it bigger, I even tried a magnifying glass, and I still can't figure it out It looks like a mama and babies, but what kind of mama????

Love, Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #42  

Kelli last year about this time, one of my old hens decided she was going to set. So I put 12 eggs under her from all different chickens and she hatched out 12 baby chicks. In the picture there is two peeking out from her feathers, what is not out playing and eating are under her. She is reaching down clucking to her babies and showing them how to eat.

That is where Buffy my rooster came from. He and I are going to have a meeting of the minds tomorrow, he spurred me last night for the 3rd time but this time brought blood. His spurs on the end or as sharp as a needles went right through my Levi's! I am getting my fishing net and catch him and clip the ends off, so he can't bring blood no more or spur one of the hens and kill her. David told me it would be just like clipping toenail off but ya know what I bet Buffy does not make it easy for me!
Rosebud it keeps telling me Network interrupted, well 281.com, is my network and is still working, it is only doing it now on Born Again Christian Support, I don't understand why that is. If it was bad weather i would blame it on that but it is not. When it does it again I will write down everything it says on there maybe that will help. I have no problem reading, it is just when I want to post. Though this after noon it would only go to the first part of Born again Christian Support then finally it made it to the last page! All I wanted to do is see if my post made it at that time. Then I tried to send an email to Ryanne this afternoon and a pop up came up and would not get off about loosing weight! I never did get it off to her. I don't have any problems with any of the other web sites , just here. Guess I better knock on wood!

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-06-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi GALS ~

I am off work tomorrow so I will catch up...until then I leave you with my prayers...now off to watch Biggest Loser with Angie...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #44  

Hi Gary I just watched that and it was good!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #45  

Ok now it will not let me even read, Born Again Christian Support Thread, it says
Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while pages was loading
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection.
Please try again.

Rosebud I was just sitting here reading not pushing any buttons when it done this. As you see it lets me post and read on this thread.