Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

Default Thank God for Answered Prayers

I never imagined that my husband would pass from a massive heartache just one month after turning 36. I also never imagined that at 31 I would be a widow. My husband, Dan, and I both were firm believers that God has our appointed time to call his home - the Bible teaches us that. I want to thank God for answering prayer! Sometimes he may take awhile and sometimes he may not answer them the way that we may want but he knows what is best for us. Just after my husband passed away I prayed and prayed that God give me assurance that he was home with him - and of course God answered my prayers. As soon as I opened my eyes from the deepest most heartfelt prayer I have ever prayed, I saw Dan surrounded by clouds and an indescribable warmth and peace washed over me. God never gives us more than we can handle and when we feel that we simply can't take anymore he is there to carry the burden for us. I thank him with all my heart for giving me the gift of salvation, forgiveness and love!
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #2  

Praise God, chubbs! What a blessing!
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Your post is a testament to your faith. You are a blessing to those around you!

I'm so glad you joined us here at 3FC
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Exclamation A heavenly story ...

I am so glad for you CHUBBS, that GOD gave you this lovely sign that your husband was at peace and with Him. When my mother passed away in 1993 (she was also a Christian), I had a dream right afterwards, and she showed me where she was.

Now it was longer than your image, but I got the point; if you want to read it, I'll share with you this amazing dream. It wasn't really long, but it seemed like it at the time, but there was no doubt in my mind that my mother was trying to tell us something we needed to hear.

In the dream, my youngest sister (who looks just like my mom), and her DH, and me and my DH, and my Father and his new wife (my mom's friend before she passed) were all there. I came upon this awesome building that looked like one of those square Chinese villas that have verandas all the way around; it had at least 3 stories. The first floor was an entrance that had huge wooden doors shaped like an arch at the top. Outside was a large stand with a sign on it.

But the most strange thing was that the building was lined with gold, and all the walls were embedded with every kind of gem that you could imagine: like diamonds, rubies, emeralds, pearls, amethysts, opals, jades, etc. It was awe-striking to see. I gasped and said to my sister, 'What kind of place is this? Come here and look at this amazing place! It is lined with gold and the walls are full of all kinds of gems.' We were just dumb-struck in silence as we studied this place. And I said again, 'Where are we; and what kind of place is this?'

Then she noticed the ornate metal sign said that there was a Chinese restaurant on the top floor. So I motioned to go into the big front doors and my sister said 'oh no, you don't have to go that way; you can go straight up'. And I asked, 'how do we do that?' And she said, 'It's ez, just take my hand' ... and we just flew (yes, I said flew) up to the top floor like birds (only we had no wings; lol), and there we were on the top balcony; and yes indeedy, it was a Chinese restaurant.

So we went inside and the place was GIGANTIC! I mean, it covered a football field in size, and then some. Anyways, I told them that I had to use the powder room; which I did but it only seemed to take a nano-second and when I came out they had all disappeared on me (including my DH). I was a bit annoyed with them, so I just started looking around, but couldn't find them as it was quite big and crowded. Anyways, it had elevators and a huge center stairwell in the middle and was very pretty. The kitchen was right there in the open in the center too. So I saw a man sitting there by himself so I asked if I could sit there and he said yes. I told him how my mom had just died (don't know why I did that to a stranger though) and he told me he was on vacation with his wife and that she had gotten lost in the powder room, and I laughed becuz I didn't see anyone else when I was just in there.

Anyways, a few other small things happened (like I saw an old friend of mine there and such), but then all of a sudden, off to the right, I saw an odd staircase coming up from the floor; and a lady came walking up it with a long, very colorful gown and a high turban on her head; kind of like an African Queen might wear. I thought it was odd that there was a stairway coming up out of the floor like that, then as she turned, she started walking towards me ... and I recognized who it was ... shock of shockers, it was my MOTHER!!!!

Now she was supposed to be dead. lol. BTW, all this time, there was also a very odd, yet peaceful kind of music playing which seemed far away. So my mother walks up to me and she starts talking to me and says my name, then "I can't stay very long, but I just wanted to come and tell you something!" And I replied, 'uh, where have you been? I thought you died.'

And she said, 'yes, but I came to tell you something and I can't stay for very long.' And I said, 'what?' And she waved her arm around like Vanna White does, and she said, "Your Father would say, that this is the kind of place that was made for HEAVEN, or ... for ME!' And I said, 'what is that, some kind of riddle?' And said, ' well, sort of ...' And she repeated it all again, exactly the same, only much slower. I got it that time -- I realized that she was trying to show me and tell me where she was ... she was in heaven and in a favorite place of hers at the same time.

Then she said, 'I'm sorry, I have to go now.' And she quickly walked away and then down the stairs -- I was sad, but I waved goodbye, and called after her ... I LOVE YOU, MOM ...

This place was like a giant Chinese Hotel but made in heaven with all it's splendor, and many people used it as a gathering or meeting place. There were little signs there, that were things from our life here; like the stairs that came out of the floor were exactly like the ones at her sister's new house, and I had commented to her about them. You see, my mother's favorite food is Chinese Food and her favorite place to go was to this lovely Chinese Restaurant that she used to take me to when I was younger.

Anyways, sorry if this is too long, but I remember this like it was yesterday, and it has been over 16 years since I had this vision-dream. My DH thinks she came to me this way becuz she knew that I would listen to her, and wouldn't try to explain it away ...

I shared it with my siblings to give them peace -- they took my mother's passing so very hard. We have had other signs as well. I hope you don't mind me sharing my story with you too!

Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-04-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

Rosebud, I love your story! I think that when we are having a difficult time when we lose someone that God helps us with that through visions/dreams. I also prayed that he give me a peace in knowing that Dan didn't suffer. When I woke and found him I thought he was having a seizure and called 911. My 11 yr old (she was 10 at the time) stayed on the phone with the dispatcher while I preformed CPR. I worked with Red Cross for years and never once had to use CPR. I woke and found Dan a couple of minutes after 3 am and he was pronounced about 15 mins after arriving at the hospital which was 3:57 am. I worried that he suffered that whole time. He passed Nov. 30, 2008 and I went and stayed with my parents until the middle of Feb. when we finally went back home. My sister went to stay with me that first night which was a Thrus. The next morning when I was in my bedroom getting dressed I looked at the clock on the wall next to Dan's side of the bed and froze. I instantly knew that God had once again answered my prayers. The clock had stopped at 3:01 and the second hand ticked away but the time never changed. I knew then that Dan was already gone before I woke up that morning. What I saw was just his body letting go. I now know that he is in heaven and that he didn't suffer so I thank God for giving me that peace of mind. Dan and Makalia were my whole world and it's been hard learning to live without him but I'm slowly getting there. I simply can't believe that its been 8 months already. I figured now was the perfect time to focus on getting healthy for so many reasons. Thank you for taking the time to think about me and to respond. I've kept in touch with his family as best I can but they don't call or write me back.
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Staying in touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
Rosebud, I love your story! I think that when we are having a difficult time when we lose someone that God helps us with that through visions/dreams. I also prayed that he give me a peace in knowing that Dan didn't suffer. When I woke and found him I thought he was having a seizure and called 911. My 11 yr old (she was 10 at the time) stayed on the phone with the dispatcher while I preformed CPR. I worked with Red Cross for years and never once had to use CPR. I woke and found Dan a couple of minutes after 3 am and he was pronounced about 15 mins after arriving at the hospital which was 3:57 am. I worried that he suffered that whole time. He passed Nov. 30, 2008 and I went and stayed with my parents until the middle of Feb. when we finally went back home. My sister went to stay with me that first night which was a Thrus. The next morning when I was in my bedroom getting dressed I looked at the clock on the wall next to Dan's side of the bed and froze. I instantly knew that God had once again answered my prayers. The clock had stopped at 3:01 and the second hand ticked away but the time never changed. I knew then that Dan was already gone before I woke up that morning. What I saw was just his body letting go. I now know that he is in heaven and that he didn't suffer so I thank God for giving me that peace of mind. Dan and Makalia were my whole world and it's been hard learning to live without him but I'm slowly getting there. I simply can't believe that its been 8 months already. I figured now was the perfect time to focus on getting healthy for so many reasons. Thank you for taking the time to think about me and to respond. I've kept in touch with his family as best I can but they don't call or write me back.
chubbs,, thank you so much for sharing your story. My own father died when I was only 17 months old . My mother made sure that I had a lot of quality time with my grandfather, aunts and uncles and cousins on his side. I am so glad she did that, my cousins and I remain friends to this day. My suggestion is to continue trying to keep in contact with your husband's family, for your daughter's sake. Maybe it is just too soon for them to reach out to you. I am sure they must be heartbroken, too.
God bless you.

Last edited by bargoo; 08-14-2009 at 01:13 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Chubbs and Girls I sit here with tears, your stories so much hit home. During my sisters funeral a special man came in and sung a song and I seen my sister and brother in law dancing right there in the mist of everything. She is so beautiful now and Joe was so healthy looking ,I looked around to see if others was seeing what I saw and looked back and they were gone! Thank You now I don't feel like I had lost it for a moment or two. Most of all I remember though, was the smiles of happiness and love for each other in their eyes. The way they danced ,WOW!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote