Old 08-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ronnie praying for you and your family through this tough time.

Tammy! Oh my! Your poor daughter am praying for her ,hope she is in not to much pain.

Yep, Chubs this is a pretty neat group!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

Laurie, just keep in mind that the one little cookie will not affect you in any way! Donating blood is sooooo good for you! I use to work with Red Cross as a supervisor with the blood mobiles. Not only did you help someone (possibly several depending on how your blood is used) but you helped yourself as well. Donating blood is great for your health, your saving lives and you get free blood tests! More people should donate!

chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #33  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Chubbs - I agree - giving blood is a wonderful way to give to others

Hi to all - time for bed! Hope you all had a blessed day!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #34  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy-ouch, ouch, ouch! Praying for your daughter!

Laurie-after many years of being unable to donate blood, I was able to give a few weeks ago. To keep from feeling guilty over eating cookies afterward, I took along my own Kashi cereal bars to have my normal healthy snack. In fact, they had some other granola-type bars there, but they had hfcs in them, so the ladies looked over my wrapper to see what they could bring for the next blood drive

Rosebud-you're doing so good with your plan and walking!

Chubbs- sorry for your loss, but welcome to this site! I've noticed that about Facebook, also. People read, but don't reply very often. And, of course, there are those who just post about themselves all the time (you know, 10 times a day), but never ask or comment about anyone else. Just another sign of how self-centered society has become.

Hi to everyone else too! And, thanks again for all the prayers-we really need them at this time. DH's sister is being difficult and whining continually about all her "executor" duties and how much it's costing her (which can't really be much, as she never has to leave town and fil really had nothing to hand down), then scheduled the memorial at a time when DH's other sister had told her she could not come-just can't believe what she's doing. She's going to end up hurt in the long run, as no one in the family will want to be close to her anymore after all this. Memorial is Saturday, so hopefully life will get some normalcy after that.

God bless you all and have a really nice day! You're in my prayers every day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #35  

Ronni on bringing your own snacks to the blood bank! Way to go!!! Prayers continuing for your family!

Hi all, a quick fly by. I worked an 11 hour day, then went straight to a church meeting, and just now got home. Thankfully, I had a protein bar in my purse

And, I walked, so I did get in about 4 miles today - but no other exercise.

I'm SO looking forward to the weekend vacation!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Why is it that when someone dies some people want to make it "all about them?"...

Prayers for you Ronni that you find a way to make it a memorable moment for your family, especially your dh, as you find closure.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #37  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ well, the skies were gray and overcast when we woke up this AM, but DH wanted to go to the lot anyways, at least to put up the new rails on the ramp, if nothing else. GOD was gracious and held the showers all day long, so we got the rails up on the ramp by 1 PM (and I actually was able to help DH with this).

He also got a row of crossbraces done in the afternoon. He started to get tired by 4, so we packed it in and came home. It seems that after 3-4 hours, he starts getting too tired and starts making mistakes. That's how I know when it is time to come home. I encourage him to take lots of breaks and of course, we always stop halfway thru and have our picnic lunch too.

TAMMY ~ am sending prayers up for your daughter; a hip fracture is something to be concerned about, even if she is young. If possible, a second opinion may be a wise decision becuz these old injuries have a way of coming back to haunt you years down the road.

LAURIE ~ you work very hard -- you deserve this holiday coming up; hope you and your DH have a great time too.

CHUBBS ~ glad you joined us over here; these are a nice group of caring people.

Thanks, RONNI ~ prayers for you, and your DH, and his family for this Saturday ...

Yesterday, we went to the HS and looked at a large track there. It looks pretty big to me; it could be 400 yards or more, but I'm only guessing. We want to see if I can walk around it at least one time; but I'm pretty sure that I will have to stop and rest a lot. It's a goal to work towards anyways. DH helps support me though to make sure that I get around without falling; I wouldn't even try it without having his arm to lean on.

Tomorrow will be a rest day for both of us; I did get a small amount of walking in (so kudos to me), but my legs were very tired from the last two days, so I didn't dare overdo it anymore than I already had. I am pleased with what we did get accomplished this week already.

For dinner, I just had some leftovers and DH made himself some new jumbo dogs we bought this week; he liked them but they are much higher in fat and cholesterol (I won't be eating any), so that will be the last time that I will be buying them too. Our other superdogs are healthier for us, and we both like them too ... so much for trying another kind. Gotta read those labels!

Well, that's all the news for today; HI TO ALL OUR OTHER CE FRIENDS HERE and our MIA's too! Take good care folks ... ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-05-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #38  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hey ya'll! well, even though I haven't been around, I HAVE been on plan and working to loose it! yay! I'm so proud of my self. I have consistently lost for about 6 weeks now and it feels so good! I just wanted to come by and ask for prayer, I have started a First Place 4 Health class at our church and we are 6 weeks into it and a lot of the members have fallen to the side and I haven't seen them in a few weeks. And some of these ladies are older women who are sick with diabetes and other conditions and NEED to loose the weight. I want to say however that I am sooooooooo proud of one of the members, she is 15 and has lost 6.6 pounds! She also has been consistently loosing! Remember her as she starts back to school today in making good decisions. Well, I must be going. Thanks for the prayers!
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #39  

Rosebud You are making such wise choices! Those choices DO add up and I just love seeing all those dragonflies in your signature!

Lauren - prayers ascending! Four-six weeks is a common drop-out time for folk from weight loss plans and programs. We see it here at 3FC a lot.
It is hard to lead a group and see folk that need the group, fall away. But, weight loss is a very, very individual thing. And, you can't worry about those that just aren't ready for the program/change right now. I WILL keep them in my prayers.

A strange day here. I woke up at 1 a.m. not feeling well, and then I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I worked from home today (took a sick day, but I can't afford to get behind) and did get in a couple hours of sleep.

I'm feeling better, and hopefully we will still have a fun weekend. We are going to try to get in the Jazz concert in the park tonight, since it is absolutely beautiful here today - 70 and sunny

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie
Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #40  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ the day started out very dark and cloudy; but the didn't come til later, and when it did, it really did (around noon). It was like that on and off until late afternoon, and it cleared up nicely and we had glorious up until now ... yeah!

DH went fishing today, but didn't catch anything. He also went to look at a truck, but it wasn't in very good shape, then he visited some friends on the way home. I just stayed home and did things around the house here. Also did some catch-up on emails, reading, and my extra devotions this afternoon; I was way, way behind. That pretty well took all afternoon.

THANKS LAURIE ~ gee, sorry to hear that you were under the weather last night; sending up prayers about that. You are working pretty hard, I hope you make sure to get enuff to eat with all that exercise and busyness: you need your batteries recharged too.

LAUREN ~ A I think that is great that you are doing this program for the people in your church; we'll pray about that for you. Maybe you could combine it with healthy cooking, or a fun exercise activity, like a walking club for good health, to create some more interest for more people too. Or maybe Christian yoga or tai chi or pilates, if anyone is interested in that kind of thing along with your FIRST PLACE PLAN for good health ... just some ideas for consideration. Nice of you to drop by too!

I had a toasted tomato sandwich on Bran W/G bread for lunch, cheese for some protein, and a pear. We had some very lean sausages (the long skinny ones) from a local butcher here with veggies, baby cukes, and new tators for dinner; yummy, quick, and filling. So stayed OP today; credit moi.

I also did my toning exercises this AM, and my stretchie band work today too; kudos to me. Just did walking around here today to give my back and legs a bit of a rest; my back was bothering me a bit when I got up this AM, so that's a sign to take it ez for a while ...

Well, we are just having a relaxing evening at home tonight; hope everyone has a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow! Take good care, and GOD BLESS ... ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ continue for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-06-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

Hi to everyone! Hope that everyone's day went well! Makalia, my daughter, is feeling better - thank goodness. To be honest she is doing much better on watching what she eats than I - over the past month and a half she has gone from 154.6 to 138.2 - and she's only 11! I'm sooooooo proud of her.
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #42  

Rosebud You go girl, you are having a GREAT on plan week! I'm betting your ticker will be changing again soon!

chubbs - great news regarding your DD. AWESOME!

I'm off for our weekend trip shortly. I will catch up with everyone Sunday or Monday.
Hope you have a fun weekend all!
Prayers continuing!
Laurie
Old 08-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #43  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ had a busy and tiring day today at the lot. Got some walking in; and did a bit of cleaning at my Dad's place for them before they come up again next month. Good way to pass time and burn energy (kudos to me).

We got an early start, so came home early and poor DH is zonked (sleeping since dinner). He did well; kept going until he ran out of wood, so we'll stock up again for next week. We will be taking the weekend off to rest up well.

HI CHUBBS ~ glad your daughter is feeling better!

THANKS, LAURIE ~ have a great weekend mini-vacation!!!

Hope you all do the same; have a great weekend, everyone!!! ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-07-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All!

It has been such a long time since I've been here. Life has been very hectic, but I plan on getting back to posting.

Football practice has started and on the 24th school will start. This summer has gone so fast. I can't believer school is going to start. DH1 graduates this year. Last month we went and looked at a college he is interested in. It made me feel sad, but excited too. I want the best for all 3 of my boys.

I will write more tomorrow. Have a good night of rest to all of you and a blessed Sunday.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #45  
Rosebud

HI KATHY ~ nice to see you drop by for a visit; hope DS1 gets into the college of his choice. Yah, summer whizzes by and before you know it, it's school time again. That must mean that you had some fun this summer too. This seems to be a busy time of year for many people.

HI TO ALL OUR CE'ers out there; and all our MIA's too, you know that we always miss you when you're gone.

Take good care and hope you all have a very BLESSED Sunday tomorrow!!! ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ are continuing for you and yours ...