Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #31  
Quit counting at 45!

Bev: Wow! That was awesome! I don't what more I can say. You really touched me. Thanks.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!!!!!

It is a beautiful day in central PA. My husband ran in a 5K race this morning and now were just relaxing. I should be going out and continuing to mulch, but after doing it for 3 hours yesterday my body is screaming at me. My DH has to go to work later so I may go work on it then.

Hope you all have a great day!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for all of the positive comments! I just realized that I really DID put it all out there!!! lol...oh well. guess you might as well know me!

You guys all give me so much encouragement and love. THANK YOU!

Ya'll ROCK!

oh! i got into my plaid size 12 shorts mom bought me last year that i couldn't wear! oh yeah!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #34  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kathy - hope you got some rest today!

Bev, keep it up, we LOVE your posts here

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #35  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Had you all have had a wonderful day and I have also.

Laurie, I forgot to tell you, I really like the frames. Your day sounded grand. Glad your Mom could share it with you.

Kathy, Hiddo ho friend, glad to see your face. My daughter ran a 5 mile race today too, she did it in 54.55 and she was so happy. My kid really loves running these days. You take it easy on that yard work. K?

Bevie, what can I say, other than YOU ROCK!!!!! And into your size 12 shorts, girlie strutt your stuff!!!

Today has been wonderful and I am off to bedie bye, must be bright eyed and bushy tailed for Church in the morning.

Peace and blessings,
Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #36  

Laurie, Aggie, Gary, Wilma - ya'll inspire me. thank you! thank you for your words of encouragement!

all of you inspire me!

oh...and anyone wanting to read the "I am a corpse" it was in the june folder...around the 4th or 5th of the month. if you can't find it, ask me and i will send it to you.

be at peace and know that He who started a good work in you will be faithful to complete it!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #37  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Happy 4th!

For anyone who's interested I was able to figure out how to put up a profile picture {truth: Hubby helped a little!}, if you guys want to see the 'real' me.

I bought a food scale today to see if that would help me, I'm kind of a 'gadget' person. I registered for FitDay and they ask me all sorts of questions like how much food did I eat?? I can figures measurements like cups and TB spoons but grams and ozs confuse me.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to do or not do after the surgery so I'm trying to get my 'list' done this weekend. Hubby took Tues and Wed off to stay with me. Yay!

Good night all,
Penguin
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #38  

Aggie - I will try to remember to post a picture once the frames arrive (couple of weeks). Hope you got a good night's rest and that church went well!

Penguin - LOVE the profile picture - your hair is so cute! I also love the quilt rail and quilt in the background! What a nice way to display your quilt!

I love my food scale. It is more accurate than measuring cups and spoons. I still weigh things like nuts and cereal (occasionally) to make sure my portions are still correct and that I'm not underestimating my calories!

We had a nice church service today - Mom sat in the booth with us (DH runs the sound system, and I did the PowerPoint for today).

I made wonderful multigrain waffles with fresh strawberries and blueberries, topped with plain homemade yogurt and a bit of Splenda. AWESOME! Sometimes the simple foods are the best

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL, Blessed Sunday!

Laurie
Old 07-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Taking a few minutes here to catch up while I watch my ballgame. Angie went to see her mom this morning. I went to church and my ex came in and sat with me The church entry was lined with flags from all the states and flags from military campaigns. Inside we had several flags of the United States. Very impressive! We sang patriotic songs....so cool. Pastors sermon inter-weaved with the "what happened" to the men that signed the Declaration Of Independence and how they set us free, along with all our troops since and how Jesus sets us free. A lot to look at up on the screens.

We had a great time on the 4th. Had 17 people here, so it was a bit less than our normal crowd. Played bean bag toss and shuffleboard and watched the ball game off and on. We had traditional 4th food of hot dogs/burgers/macaroni/potato salads with watermelon/cantaloupe, plenty of chips and dips and salsas. Angie made an apple pie and crisp from apples she got off a tree that hangs into my son's yard....I didn't have any but the reviews were very impressive She used her agave nectar stuff instead of sugar.

My eating wasn't too bad...beer was a little extra

We got 2 walks of 4 miles in over the week-end, one at the beach and one to Starbucks and bunny poo park. taking the day off exercise today, I think the dogs and I need a rest day.

SCOOTER ~Angie would love that breakfast....me...not so much...too much sweet stuff. Glad mom could pitch in with support Sounds like a very nice evening with the concert and activities.

PENGUIN ~ Nice to "meet" you Prayers for surgery.

BEV ~ My son loves plaid...Angie got tried on a pair of plaid shorts at Kohl's a few weeks back, comes out to show me and says "how do I look?"...I said "Like Ryan"...she busted up She did get them and looks cute in them. My son is very athletic and loves sports from reading/watching coaching and playing...still plays organized basketball...anyway, he is also a bit "prissy"...always had his shirts organized in his closet by colors...even his plaid ones...lighter to darker! He has a lot of clothes too! Which is great for me 'cause he gives me his hand me downs We all share things here we may not share other places

TRIKERBABE ~ I hope you had a great church service and 4th too! Wow, Cake is doing so well!! She is always off and running....cool.

KATHY ~ Great job on your husband doing the 5K. Take it easy on that yard work.

HELLO to BOOTSIE ~ WILMA ~ ROSEBUD ~ BARGOO ~ TAMMY ~ SUGA ~ RONNI ~ KAREN AND ALL!

Just a note for those that may not know ~ Our 3FC friend Karen's dad passed away yesterday. She was able to move back to MO. to spend the last month or so with him. Keep her in your prayers.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #40  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ we have had a couple of busy days. Gorgeous weather yesterday, so we spent the entire day at the lot and DH got one & half rows of crossbraces done, but he sure was tired when he was done. I got some walking in with NIKO; and spent an hour or so clipping in between all my spirea bushes, which are all blooming right now -- they are very pretty. I am so glad I got those bushes; every single one of them is doing well. One of my lilacs is growing but the other one has no leaves, so we may have lost it; sadly, we had a bit of a drought this spring, and I lost several trees too.

We finally got home at 7:30 pm and had a late but easy dinner (we just had hamburglers). Today, we woke up to sprinkles, so it was a perfect day to have a very good rest; and boy, did our muscels need it too. We all went to bed early last night and slept well too.

Just had a peaceful and very restful day at home today. Tonight, I made one of my favorites -- roasted Chicken and veggies; it was yummy. Had a bit of l/f yogurt ice cream as our dessert, but had it tonight as our snack instead, as we were so full from dinner (roasted veggies are very filling).

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well; hope you all had a lovely Sunday. HI TO ALL OUR OTHER CE'S and MIA's out there (I know that you still lurk here); may GOD bless you and yours today ... ROSEBUD

RONNI ~ hope HAROLD has the best birthday ever ... to you and yours ...

KAREN ~ prayers going up for you and yours at this time ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-05-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #41  

Karen - prayers ascending! Stay strong! We love you!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #42  

Gary - don't tell anyone that the rocker chick/hippie preacher has plaid fetishes! i LOVE plaid! these are pastel blue with purple...so cute! ruins my image totally! LOL
Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

We had a great 4th of July. We were in a parade I decorated my husbands pickup and rode in the back and threw out candy to the kids. Took some great pictures and visited with everyone but missed a-lot of people I wanted to visit with! Then some friends called us up and asked us to come eat some fish with them . So we did , then came home and gathered the chickens up. Made david and me a diet shake and he wanted to go see if we could get a good view of the Fireworks they were putting on at Krause Springs. We went up in the hills and all around thinking the higher we got would be the best .....but no, so we came on home and the closer we got to home the better we could see them! Ha! We ended back in our field for the best view of them ever! Looked like they blowed the whole place up! It was so beautiful but what a cloud of smoke!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #44  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hi All!

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes.. My surgery is over and wasn't as bad as I expected it to be! They told me pre-op that the actual surgery would take about 10 min!!!!! They gave me some lovely drugs, I don't remember the surgery at all, just waking up {stoned} afterwards. I have a clear plastic patch on my left eye and can see marvelous colors but even better I can read a clock from 12 feet away just with my eye. No contact, no glasses, I've never been able to see this well! Things are blurry from the eye drops, and gunk they put in my eye and I have double vision, too. But really this is amazing! I can't wait to get the other eye done.

No bending over or straining today, maybe for longer. I get to go see the Dr tomorrow, so he can check his work!

Hubby went to buy a new sink faucet, of course, ours broke last night. Hubby fixed it so we can at least get water out of it but grrr!

Off for another nap!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-06-2009 at 02:55 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #45  

Bev, I like plaid too

bootsie - we live on a hill. Sometimes we can see the fireworks better from our 2nd story deck than we can at the park. I know what you mean! Glad you had a fun time!

Penguin - so glad it went well! Hope you get your faucet fixed soon!

Well, back to work today - the training went well, and the people from our district are feeling better about moving to a new student information system.

I got in shape boxing after work. Now, I'm trying to come up with something yummy for dinner. Gotta think on that a while!

Hope you all had a GREAT start to the week!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie