Jewish dieters

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Lucinda- I remember reading somewhere that we would worry less about what people think of us if we realized how little they do! You are more than the number on the scale- love yourself as you are

For Shabbat, I try to make a festive meal that is also healthy. And I make room in my calories for the challah and grape juice
  • Ok, here comes Purim. And once again I will not be baking my own Hamentaschen. Sorry. I just can not risk the temptation to eat my home-made whole wheat vegan poppy seed filling Hamentashcen. Yes, of course they were delicious. But memories of that baked treasure will have to suffice.
    THe store bought white flour non-vegan variety do not interest me. So I can buy those to distribute. Last Purim I looked ok in my pirate costume. This year the theme is the Beatles so I have plenty of hippy clothes to choose from. I have been reciting Tehillim everyday to tap into the HIgher Power. Got to do that now lest I forget
  • A very slow moving thread.....
    How are you girls doing? I musn't be the only one here lol
    Anyone have any goals for Purim ??
  • Hi Golda!

I hope you're still around.

Ready for Passover? I'm worried, there's going to be SO much food around all the time. We're visiting my parents and it's one of the only times during the year that there's lots of junk food in the house. Plus I am a huge sucker for matzoh with cream cheese and jelly. Yum.
  • Hey Lettuce!! Great to see a reply on this page I'm sure we aren't the only ones haha!
    Pesach will be a little challenging but I'm gonna run with it and keep up my low carb diet. Wow you've lost 28 lbs! Thats awesome work keep it up !
    What sort of diet are you on? Chag Sameach to you and anybody else who is on this thread