Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/159/130

Height: 5'7

Unhappy When You Stumble; You Crumble

Do you ever feel defeated? Like all the failures from your past are creeping down on you ... smothering you to where you can't breathe, can't move, as if there's no hope. It's like as soon as you take a step away from God or you slip up the devil is right there waiting ... dragging you down even further ... deeper into depression. Some days I don't even want to pray. I guess I'm too ashamed. Some days I just don’t know what to say.
bossmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SWEETIE ~ to answer your question in a nutshell ... YES! I think we all go thru moments and days where things just don't go our way. When I don't know what to pray anymore, I just ask for one thing -- MERCY!

I say just this ... GOD, I don't know what to say or pray anymore. Please help me, and have mercy on my weaknesses. Then I start singing and thanking GOD for all the blessings I have in my life already. That is the single most effective way to ward off the blues -- GRATITUDE!!! And within a very short time, I am feeling OK again and my normal joyfulness returns.

I want to say one more thing to you though; it doesn't matter what you have done in your past. There isn't anything that GOD won't forgive you for; and there is nothing that you cannot overcome. With each new day comes the chance to start over ... yes, I just love it that our GOD, is a GOD of many chances. He is so loving and forgiving. HE sent his son, JESUS, to take all that shame away for you. Ask JESUS to take away your shame for your mistakes and He will; then give them to Him ...

Now, go out there and enjoy your life. I just love your avatar; that is such an adorable picture. Don't know who the sweet guy is, but that is so darling. You are a pretty girl, and you are doing fine. You can do anything you want to in life, if you believe you can. I would just love to be at your weight right now.

I am paying for my past mistakes in my body, but I won't give up! I am trying to learn how to live and be healthy, one-day-at-a-time, one-step-at-a-time, BUT still enjoy my life while doing that too.

If your depression continues on for 3 months or more, maybe you should see a doctor and get a little help with Christian counselling and/or meds, if needs be; as depression can be caused by hormones and/or an imbalance of chemicals in the brain.

Sometimes, all we need is just a caring and sympathetic ear ...

DEAR FATHER ~ we lift up BOSSMARE to you today, who is feeling discouraged and depressed. We ask that you help her and comfort her and take away her shame (bind her shame) for her past mistakes, and throw them into the lake of fire to be remembered no more. We ask for your MERCY, and that you restore good mental and emotional health to her once again.

Help her to see all the many blessings that you have given her in her life now; and, we ask that you put Angels around her right now to protect her from any kind of harm. We ask all these things in JESUS' precious name and thank you ... Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-24-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/159/130

Height: 5'7

I cannot express in words how much I needed to hear that. You are an angel. I agree with you about hormones causing depression. Sometimes I just feel like no one will understand my pain. I feel as though the world is swallowing me whole. The man in the picture is my future husband. I love him so much. I'm amazed at how much weight you have lost. You seem to have such motivation and I hope one day to have just half of that. Congratts! You deserve it. May God give us both the strength. Thankyou again so much for being a friend and taking the time to care about a woman you don't even know. God bless.
bossmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey KIDDO ~

ROSEBUD, as always, gives great advice!

I just want to confirm what she said....when we go to our Lord in prayers asking for forgiveness. if we are one with Christ, He doesn't see the sin anymore....all our sins have been wiped clean with the blood of our Savior!

Our Lord is not concerned with our past...He is hopeful for our future!

As you learn and grow, becoming more Christ like in your walk, you will see that your past has long been forgiven!

This does not mean we don't, at times, suffer the consequences of our past sins, but it does mean we can walk....with heads held high and hearts full of Love for Him...as we go forward in our new life!

Praise God! You have come to a wonderful support group!

In Christ ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #5  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I have been listening to a certain minister,that seems to be making a lot of sense.I don't know if it has to do ,with this topic but it might help. It is helping me. Once, we have fear,even a small amount,it allows satan to enter our lives. If we have faith, we won't doubt,won't be afraid. That is not to say it won't come into our life. But, as soon as it does remember we are children of God. And he will take care of us. Phil.4:19{notice my signiture,under my name}Sometimes you have to keep reminding yourself!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #6  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi there darlin',

My three friends seem to have everything covered and I am totally in agreement with each of them. I could not have said it better.
Just when we think we are at out end and we reach out to God, He takes our hand and pulls us back and gently lets us know that He is in control. All we have to do, is to let go and let God. I find when I try to do things on I own, I make a mess, but with Him I am at peace. Let Him guide your footsteps and direct your path. God is Our Hope, Our Light, He is Our Salvation and with Him there is NO FEAR. God bless and keep you.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

It has been said so well by others above.
I will just add that when I feel that way, I am reminded by Paul in Romans 8.26:

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-30-2009 at 09:47 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #8  
we can do this!

I really needed to read this thread tonight. I've been feeling the same way, lately. Thank you for posting, Bossmare, and thank you for all of the encouraging and insightful responses!
goinskinny is offline   Reply With Quote