Old 02-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #91  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi everyone,
My name is Aggie and I am so new to this. I have been posting for about a week now and sometimes I have trouble finding where I was before. While trying to find the thread I was on yesterday I stumbled onto this one. God is Good, he knew that I wanted to find a Christian thread and look at what I found. I like the way you encourage each other with the scriptures. I have found great place to hang out. Will still visit all the others, they all give great support but this is so special for me. I started at 359 and now 338 and have to get to 165. I know that with God's guidance and grace I will get there. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Hope to hear from all of you. When I post again I will tell you a little about me and my journey. Pray for me and I shall pray for all of you.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

aggie and satisfaction!!!!!

Gary you nailed that one with satisfaction! good job!
and if it's really raining...when am I going to feel it on my skin? i hate the waiting...

I ate ok today...I'm kinda stuck. weight and statistics...STUCK!

I'm in need of suggestions on many things....

Oh...I did see Dennis today. He's getting out (supposedly) thursday at 730am! So, just keep up the prayers!

mom is whiny about doing everything alone. i don't know what to tell her. i just pray. i like doing things alone...so i'm not a lot of help there.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 255 / 233 / 145

Height: 5'4

Thank you for the prayer at the beginning. I meditated to the words of it all day long. =)

God bless & keep fighting the good fight!
army wife 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:52 AM   #94  

Default Hi!

I haven't posted since early Jan. never seems to be any time... Things been really crazy and computer was down for awhile.. But wanted to let those that had and were praying for my BIL's father know that he passed away this Sun. Jim was in an accident w/ a horse and buggy a couple years ago, and since has had alot of medical issues.. but he now is free from all that.. My hernia surgery went well. I actually had two an incisional and an umbilical..
I need to catch up with whats going on w/ everyone... just know your wished well... and missed. God bless!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #95  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Aggie, Satisfaction, and Army Wife! You've found a great place for support. We love new people! Keep coming back so we can get to know you better.

Bev-prayers that your brother has learned a lesson and that God's will is done regarding those other charges. It is very hard to see loved ones have to go through this, but some need to learn the realities of life the hard way(our DS1 has been one of them). Also, prayers for your class, mom, and other issues. Things WILL work out for God's glory-just you wait

Rosebud-sounds like you're getting the same weather we are. It does help energize the household activities when the sun comes out and adds some light (and vitamin D) to our lives! It actually got to 50F here yesterday and lots of snow disappeared is becoming thisin our back yard!

doitforme-glad you're back and that your surgery went well, but sorry to hear about your BIL's father.

As I'm sure it also is with most of you, things here just don't seem to ever settle down. Please pray for my MIL tomorrow as she is having rotator cuff repair surgery. She's 81 and just seems to think that she'll be healed up in a week and back to her normal activities, even though we've kept her informed all along about DH's progress and limitations (and his turned out to be much less of a repair than her's is anticipated to be). I was cooking all afternoon yesterday to take some frozen meals up to her, so she'll eat more than just tv dinners. We'll probably have to go up tomorrow, as DH's sisters can't seem to get off work when there's a family issue (no problems getting vacations for Nascar races or cruises, though).

Along with MIL's surgery, my FIL had to have a bone scan last week and won't tell anyone why. He's being treated with hormone therapy for prostate cancer right now. And, DS1's company had to lay everyone off for the next 6 weeks, at least. Then, DH decided to apply for a job that would require us to move about 3 hours from where we are now, but it just seems like the wrong time to move the boys again when they've become so rooted in our church and the community.

Some days, I feel very overwhelmed, but I've been praying mostly that God just shows us what we need to do, where we need to help, and where we need to just let go. I think the stress is what has made my MS symptoms worse this go-round. But, I'm keeping to my eating plan, because I know that helps me feel better and gives me control over one little part of my life

Thanks to you all for being such great supporters. Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't visit here. Hi to Gary, Bargoo, and all my other friends out there! Have a really nice day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #96  
Quit counting at 45!

It's weigh in day. I am beginning again. My starting weight is 165. That's up quite a bit since the last time I kept track. I need to be accountable so here I am letting you know that I will weigh in every Wednesday morning. Hopefully there will be a loss next wednesday!!

It's been raining here and for those of you familiar with my area of Canada that is very unusual. It has been treacherous on the roads. We had people skating on the roads due to the ice. Today it cooled down so it's even worse. I will be driving to work very slowly!!

Sue: So good so see you again. I wondered where you went.

Aggie: That's exactly how I found this site so many years ago. You will find great support here.

Ronni: I will keep you in my prayers. You have so much to deal with right now.

Gotta get to work. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

ronni, praying for you and your family. Praying also for the job situation. I know you are trusting God for guidance.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #98  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Wilma - congrats on stepping on that scale and setting some goals! I love having you back here regularly. You are missed when you are gone

Ronni - prayers ascending for your MIL's surgery. Prayers too for DS1 and for your family. I'm praying that you will discern God's will for you and that you have the courage to do whatever God calls you to do. Life changes are hard decisions, but I know you will be at peace with whatever path God takes you down!

Sue so glad to have you posting again! Thanks for the update. Prayers continuing for your family!

Army wife, Aggie, and Satisfaction - so glad you found us! I hope you will come back often. This place is amazing. So many wonderful prayer warriors. They are such a blessing on this journey to health and fitness

Bev - prayers continuing for Dennis, and for your mom, and of course for you. You are a pillar for your family. I know that is stressful, but God will give you what you need, when you need it He IS awesome!
Oh, and thank you for your kind words regarding the wedding dress. It was really a surprise that it still fit (and is loose in some spots). My "shape" has, well, "changed" over the last 30 years. I'm afraid gravity and 93 extra lbs. weren't kind. But, it was fun to try it on again and DH and I had a good laugh

Aggie - I'm glad you found us too! I hope you will post often so we get to know you. Congrats on your loss so far - keep going! I know the road seems long, but you WILL get there.

Gary - wise words, as always! So glad you are working close to home again We miss you when you are gone! Sorry about your gazebo. That is certainly disappointing! Are you going to rebuild or replace it? You do so much entertaining, I bet it was used quite a bit.

Kathy - congrats on your new plan! You GO Girl! You can do this!!!

Satisfaction - Bible reading/study is so important. Staying in God's word is critical to weight loss in my opinion. When we keep our eye on him and give him control over our lives, it is so much easier to put the weight loss journey into its proper perspective. Congrats on your progress so far!

Rosebud - I'm trying to send some warm weather your direction. Prayers continuing. How is Numpster doing?

There, I'm caught up

Sorry I missed last night. We had administrative council which went quite late. Then I needed to finish the PowerPoint for the young man's funeral (which was today). I got home in time to get ready for bed.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. It has been an intense few days. But, God's love is shining through so many people as they work through this difficult event. Small communities are really hit hard when they lose one of the children to suicide.

On a happier note - our snow is almost GONE! Warm weather and rain over the last couple days. So WONDERFUL. We were even warmer yesterday than our California kids

Blessings to all! Prayers ascending!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

It has been a couple of days since I've been here. My DH is working 12 hour shifts the next two weeks and it's an hour away to boot. That leaves me to take the boys to practice and work and then pick them up again, so I haven't had much time to sit down and post.

Things are going well. I've been working out and pushing myself to work harder. I am noticing the changes in my clothes which makes me very excited.

Welcome to all our new friends. This is a great place to be and great people who give all the encouragement you need.

Have a great Thursday.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #100  

Wow, I was just going to lurk (creepy word but I read another post that said that, and I am trying to be cool) anyway, wow. I feel like I am with family, who really has my best interest at heart. I don't know why I got so upset about that stupid thread... I guess it was like when I first came to the Lord, I wanted to go tell everybody what I found. I thought they would be as amazed with Jesus as I was. Hehe Now I am a little older and wiser.

Thank you Jesus that I have your church right here. No matter what religion we are, I have my forever family here to comfort and encourage me when I am sad. Thank you Jesus and bless them, let them know how much they mean to me. I can't wait to meet them face to face in heaven... when we won't even need to use our fingers to talk.

See now you all got me crying again... only in a good way ""
Love Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #101  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kelli SOOOOO glad you came back! We missed you!
It IS frustrating when you share what God has put on your heart, but others don't "get it". But, remember, we sow seeds, many of which we will never see the harvest from. Who knows what seeds will develop into amazing fruit? God is in control and your experience happened for a reason. I'm betting that those seeds are being watered and cared for right now

Rosebud - just gotta say - thanks for your kind words on the wedding dress thread. I was young and silly and bought a sewing machine with my tax refund, figuring that I could make my own dress. I didn't do well in home ec with sewing, but DH was still in school and I knew I couldn't afford an expensive gown. My grandmother worked in a clothing store that also sold fabric. So, my $15 dress (I bought the pattern at a yard sale) was my very first sewing project. It took me a long time, and my seam ripper got a lot of use on the zipper I kept my dress because I couldn't imagine anyone else wanting my imperfect creation

Kathy - on the loose clothing! AWESOME!!! FYI - I found second-hand stores were so helpful on my journey. When clothes got loose, I bought at least one "new to me" item that fit me perfectly. It wasn't always a smaller size (vintage clothing sizes compared to present day are a real shocker), but it always boosted my self-esteem. It was a treat I actually looked forward to. After so many years of HATING trying on clothes, it was actually FUN.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #102  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

It's been a really rough week. My son has had some significant problems with behavior at school, and it escalated this week. Please keep him in your prayers. We've revamped his incentive program, and today seemed like things are turning around. We really need the Lord to give us wisdom.

I've finally been here long enough to get a siggy! Whooohooo! : )

Have a great Thursday!
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #103  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for all ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #104  

Hi everyone... It has been fun going back through the post and seeing the new people YEA!! and the Birthdays... including little Sierra Lynn!

Gary: So I take it if you take too long writing a post it kicks you off, DANG! that would be frustrating. You know how I can go on... First of all you are awesome and like so many others on this site, you are an encourager, thank you. And second of all I pray that God will give you strength to resist the temptation to overeat... I am still overweight, remember how it felt... When the Devil comes a "knockin" just ask Jesus to answer the door... Remember, When Jesus was being tempted by Satan, it was his steadfast use of the positive Word of God, His calm and unfaltering faith, that defeated Satan.

Counting: I am having a hard time remembering, but I think it was you who posted about the sixteen year old who committed suicide. What a horrible shock. I am praying for this family. I can't imagine, I am sure none of us can. Those teen years are such a tumultuous time.

I thank the Lord we have people like Bev, who can speak to those who feel so lost. Bev I wanted to tell you how much your testimony meant to me, being a mother to a sometimes "feisty" teen who has suddenly gained so many of the worlds views.

Rosebud, I want to thank you for your encouragement... You hit the nail right on the head and made me realize I was being way too sensitive about what people say, hey that's going to happen from time to time... I need to grow a little thicker skin and remember, that even though sometimes I may say stupid things that come out wrong, I didn't mean it that way... And God will show them what He needs to show them. It's all about Him and all of us are learning and growing like Gary said, and I say amen to that.

Ronnie, I know from your previous posts you are a positive thinker... I don't know how you are, but you are. I know stress can play a huge part in how good or lousy you feel with your MS. I know I don't have to remind you to praise Him because you always do, but I am worried because I can sense some discouragement.

Sing “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength”, or “This Is a Day that the Lord Has Made, I Will Rejoice and be Glad In It.” That is why we sing and praise God to remind us of all He has done. I am ashamed to admit it but every once in a while I would think God was a bit narcissistic, because He commands us to praise Him. He is so sweet instead of shooting me with a lighting bolt, He told me why He requires our praise. ( I couldn't really worship in spirit and truth until He did) ANYWAYS... Geese I do go on don't I...

He knows He is all good and perfect, He doesn’t need you to tell Him so. It’s for your benefit we praise God with song and scripture, it is positive affirmation to us of God’s love and His power.

II Kings 6:15-18 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha

the servant couldn’t see the huge army God had in the hills, until God opened his eyes. These things were written and passed down to make us remember God’s power. Believe in His mighty power.

Oh I am sorry, I do go on... I promise I will stop hogging all the posting space. I had a list I was writing as I read through all the post... and I guess It kind of got me in going... I'm done, going to bed now.... Love you all... Group Hug...

Last edited by Kelli; 02-11-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Let's see if I can keep up...FIRST I took my mid-term and got a 72.5!!! HORRIBLE! geesh. i can't seem to find ANYONE that is any good with statistics. i just have to muddle thru.
I'm "suppose" to get Dennis in the am...pray!

Ronni - prayed for your MIL...i don't understand families and why they don't all pull some weight. mine is the same way! then they call and whine because someone didn't call on them. well, duh! you wouldn't help the last time! silly people.

KELLI - you are blessed. thank you for you comments. if i hadn't gone thru it...i couldn't tell it! she is gonna be fine...just keep praying and keep holding your ground!

Kathy - prayers for you!!!!!

Laurie - you are so sweet! thank you! $15???? wanna make another one?

Donna - HE will give you both the wisdom you need. He created the little guy...He knows what will work and what you need to do.

Peace everyone!!! KNOW that as you submit to HIM, He will control your steps and the devil will leave you alone!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote