Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TACKLENURSE ~ all these suggestions are great: we loved to do cut-outs, put on stickers, and HAND-PUPPETS for the stories; and we did a small, easy craft item every week to take home with us, and the time just flew by ...

BLUE ~ little kids love stickers of all kinds and there are many more today than we had way back when: and I still like to put them on letters and cards now!

SHY ~ GOD IS GOOD; so glad all our prayers are helping you so much, and that you have less pain. Very brave of you to try the CURVES program but I know some of the machines are for upper body stuff too. I have been doing a small amount of muscle strengthening around my knees (ie calves and thighs) and that seems to be helping take some of the stress off of them, and they don't hurt near as much as they used to ... PTL.

BARGOO ~ I agree with you; and I especially admire those who tackle the NURSERY: saints really!

RONNI ~ I always worry about asking and praying far too much; but his word tells us to 'PRAY WITHOUT CEASING' in I Thess 5:16-18, doesn't it?

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE, and especially to all our MIA's; hope everyone is OK out there in cyber land ...

We are having rain on and off today, but did get out there and pick some beans and a turnip to have with our dinner. We put our flowers, and our tomatoes by the house and they are still doing very well despite the cool temps as they get the warmth from the building.

We are still looking for a place; had a couple of hopefuls but they were way too pricey for us. Boy, some people think everyone should pay for rent what some are paying for ownership. I always thought renting was supposed to be an affordable alternative to ownership; I guess some people don't know that ~ lol! We have told GOD what our desire is and I know he heard us, so now we just to have faith and keep on looking. I even made up some little business-like cards that say 'We need a home' with our name and phone number on them; I'm maxing the 'networking thing' as much as is possible.

Take good care everyone, and have a wonderful week; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-08-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #47  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - a quick fly-by tonight.
Prayers continuing for all!

Shy - glad you are feeling better and are even out exercising! Way to go!!!

Rosebud - prayers continue for your housing situation. I KNOW God has just the right place for you!

Tackle - I agree with bargoo - AWESOME that you are teaching that age group. You need things that don't require fine motor skills, since they haven't gotten to that point yet. Simple wooden puzzles , Blue suggested stickers - which are a great suggestion, large blocks, cars, dishes, dolls, and the like. Kids that age love to do creative things with ordinary household stuff. Crafts can include things that use glue sticks and pre-cut shapes. Kids that age love to make music, so grab some kitchen utensils and put together a kitchen band. A couple kazoos can round out the fun (but don't forget to bring a good set of ear plugs )

Story time with felt board or puppets (Shy & Rosebud) can really work with this age. Let them get involved as much as possible. If you create puppets ( glue stick, popsicle stick, and cut outs) they can color them and even decorate a box to be used as a puppet theater (appliance boxes work if you have the space, but even regular packing boxes can be used effectively).

Hope everyone had a great start to the week!

Blessings!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #48  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
We are still looking for a place; had a couple of hopefuls but they were way too pricey for us. Boy, some people think everyone should pay for rent what some are paying for ownership. I always thought renting was supposed to be an affordable alternative to ownership; I guess some people don't know that ~ lol!
You are so right. But, in defense, when we had to rent out our house because DH was transferred and we decided to move before it sold, we had to get at least enough rent to cover the house payments, insurance, and taxes (which increase if the house is a 2nd property) and we made no profit, just covered our expenses. Unfortunately, that means many people pay more to rent than their expenses would be to buy the same property. Our son and d-i-l pay almost twice as much for their rent as our house payment (incl. insurance and taxes) and it's a much smaller house, but in a larger city. Just not fair at all

I'm keeping your situation in my prayers. I really hate looking for a new home and moving-it can be exciting, but so very frustrating!

Hello to everyone else out there too! Just have to tell everyone-DS2's teams won their football games on Fri and last night. The Fri. varsity game was very exciting with a punt-return touchdown in the last 5 seconds for the win, but I think last night's varsity reserve game was better, because DS2 got quite a bit of play time and we could really see how he's learned to block and tackle. An added benefit of all this is that he's lost weight, also! It's going to be an exciting season I was too shy to cheer and yell when I was in school, but now, I'm up in the stands just yelling my head off while they're playing! I'm kinda learning more about the game too, although DH had to explain the 2 points our team got last night while the other team had the ball(a safety-pushed them back over our goal line or something) I can hear EZ laughing right now!

Cold here this morning and rain yesterday, so can't mow the lawn today (gee, how sad). It'll just be a schooling and home chores day!

Praying for you all to have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Default Thanks Everyone

I can not believe the great response I have received. I think you guys are very special and I enjoy spending time with you. Thanks

COUNTING - Thanks for all of the suggestions. I especially like the ear plug idea for the kitchen band.

Bhealthy - I had not thought of hand puppets. That is a great idea too. With 6 grandkids, I'll have lots of socks to choose from.

Blue - I love stickers too. The church gives us stickers to use, but they are kinda blah......I am going to go out this week and get some I think they would approve of and let them decorate themselves with them. HA

Shy - I can make a felt board. That too is a great idea. Thanks

I will be heading out on Sunday morning with a renewed faith and a bag of goodies.......

WWs weigh-in is tonight. I will let ya know tomorrow how I did.....

In His Hands,

TACKLENURSE

One for every 5 lbs:

Last edited by Tacklenurse; 09-09-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Tacklenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #50  

Hi all - a quick fly-by before heading out to Chair the Church Administrative Council meeting. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Prayers continuing for everyone! Including our MIAs
Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #51  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ hope you all had a great Tuesday. Ours started off cool, but after I prayed for some sun, it came out until sunset and we had a large beautiful rainbow too. Answered prayer with a bonus ... lol!

I had prayed for sun becuz the furnace in our complex wouldn't come on; but GOD sent the sun to warm everyone up until the repairman fixed things up. We are good to go now! I tried to get a pic of that rainbow but it was just too big for my camera, but it was sure pretty. I was surprised to even see a hummingbird at our feeders today; we thought they might have all left by now.

Have a great Wednesday; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ are continuing for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Default Hi Everybody

I had a great weigh-in last night. -1.5 lbs
I even got a "bravo" for going swimming.

Have a good day.....
Tacklenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #53  

Rosebud - beautiful sun here today too. Glad that the furnace got fixed!

Tackle - You are doing GREAT!!!! I bet the accolades felt WONDERFUL! You deserved them. I haven't been swimming in years

Good day here - busy, but good. Got church meetings again tonight - church conference time is busy - all the forms to fill out.

Prayers continuing for all!
Blessings
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am beginning to accept the fact that I have cancer,it is hard to believe but it is here and I will deal with it. I was trying to think of a good scripture to lean on, there are so many. A friend emailed me the 23rd Psalm, and I thought , what could be better? I will be starting radiation therapy, I appreciate all prayers.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #55  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Bargoo
I am so sorry to hear this. Will keep you in my prayers. The Lord has a reason for each of us on this sweet earth. He is the strength for each and everyone of us when times seem more than we can handle.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-10-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #56  

Bargoo - you are continually in my prayers. I am proud of you for your courage and your faith! You CAN get through this. God-willing, you will be a cancer survivor and it will bring you closer to God and strengthen your faith.

Blessings!! and as always - prayers ascending!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #57  
wishin' for sun!

Bargoo-prayers for you and hugs too You seem to be a very strong person. You've made your goal and even passed it. You're much healthier and you know healthy eating and that will make you more able to handle the cancer treatments. That helped a good friend of mine get through her chemo for ovarian cancer. Check out Psalms 42 and 100. God will bless you.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #58  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone. Sorry i have been MIA. Things have been super busy and i have been battling myself mentally. But i am BACK! For good this time. I would just like to ask that everyone takes a minute out of their day today to remember that it is the 7th anniversary. Pray for all of the men and women serving out country and for all of those whom have been lost in the fight. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Romans 8:35, 37-39

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Bargoo- My prayers are being sent up for you.

Last edited by CandyKisses0204; 09-11-2008 at 09:44 AM.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #59  
wishin' for sun!

Tackle-congrats on your weigh-in! Keep up the good work

welcome back CandyKisses! That's such a good verse and good thing to remember on this day. God will keep us and protect us no matter what the enemy does, whether it's a worldwide attack or just a personal one.

Hope everyone else is having a nice day!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hi Everyone!

I've been MIA for what seems like an eternity. I've just been so busy and trying to keep track of the calories and water intake has consumed most of my free time, as if I had much to start with. I thought once school started my life would slow down a bit but things keep popping up. This week a friend of mine lost her mother and she asked me and the worship leader to sing a few songs so we had to work that out and then I helped serve dinner to her family, Wed. I was asked to go help with school pictures and I couldn't say no because they let me have pictures for 1/2 price if I help. Today was devotions day at the womens jail and I won't miss that unless I'm dead. I would love to stay home tomorrow and lay around in my pj's but I have to go work out singing parts for a cd we're making. All the running around isn't good for my eating plan either, I get busy and don't have time to eat then when I do I'm famished and I want to eat too much. Somedays I'm way over on the calories and some days I'm waaaay under and thats just as bad as over. Ok, I think I'm done ranting. I have to budget my time better, thats the bottom line though. I am my own worst enemy because I think everything is important which this week it was, still.....

Candy, thankyou for reminding me about today, to be honest I've been so wrapped up in my own frantic universe that I completely forgot what day it was, so I appreciate the reminder.

bargoo, lifting you up

Hi everybody else, I've missed keeping up with you hope all is well and I'll check in again soon, prayers for you all as well.

trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote