Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Christian Encouragers ~ August

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-01-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Well those dog days of August are upon us. Anyone else feel like the summer is flying bye?

Angie is at her mom's for a few days. I just took my dogs out of their crates, letting them stretch out, then we will go for a 5K this morning. Our 3FC 5K's start today and I plan to do one each day through Sunday.

Welcome again SCARYSHARI and SMALLWORLD!

Well better get going

Have a great day and month of August!

Gary
Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

well, hi, Gary. You're up early (Ca is 2 hours behind IA, I think?) Or maybe you always get up so early and go straight to the computer to visit with all of us! We were typing at the same time on the July thread, but you beat me to posting, so I'll just say to Smallworld and Scaryshari here too!

Keeping everyone in my prayers as we go into August and the hot muggies

This month is going to be sooo different for us. We have never started schooling until after Labor Day, but this year, DS2 is dual-enrolling to take chemistry (labs in the kitchen didn't work out so well last year!) and is going out for football! So, school starts the 18th and football camp is next week already! Lots to do in the meantime with paperwork for the dual-enrollment and the sports physical and registration....

But, my sis and her 2 boys arrived yesterday and maybe we'll go swimming today and Monday is the Valleyfair trip! Rollercoasters, yay!

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for a 50th birthday for DH. It's a month away now and I'd like to do something special, but we aren't party people and don't do bars or have that many friends here, but I'm just looking for ideas. Thought about just planning a weekend in the Twin Cities with a couple friends, but not sure I'd be able to keep that a surprise, since he'd probably have to ask for time off from work. Well, any input is appreciated.

Have to get moving now so I'll get DS2 to physical on time! Have a great day everyone! Hugs for all!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Goodness Gary, you were up early, you guys are 3 hours behind me, I think you are missing your wife.

What kind of english muffins do you guys use?? I can't find any that don't contain enriched flour and/or high fructose corn syrup. Two things I refuse to put into my body. Let me know if you've got some good ones, Thanks.

gotta get Big DS off to the hospital to get his last round of shots before school, so sad that he's 18 and still afraid of needles.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Trish

Last edited by CCmomof5; 08-01-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/304/185

Height: 5'4"

Happy August Everyone

I don't know where this summer has gone....and I'm not near ready for Christmas. HA

Well, today marks 1 month that I have been on WWs. I lost 7.5 lbs in July. I sure hope I can do better in August. I have added water aerobics and stationary bike to my exercise regime which use to be nothing at all. When you are my size, exercise can be a challenge. I hope to loose enough wgt by October to be able to buy a regular bike to ride. I use to love to ride when I was a kid and would be gone for hours on that thing. It can't be too hard to learn again....I hope....

I absolutely love this website and check it everyday for news about my new friends. I may not post everyday, but please know that I am in prayer for all of you each day.

In His Hands

Tacklenurse
Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/185/150

Height: 5'8"

Post Happy August 1 To All!

This summer is flying by! It has me thinking of how I am going to expand my exercise routine. I currently go outside and walk with a cardio CD and walkvest and walk 4 km - I go about 8-9 p.m. I live in the country, so this is going to create a problem come fall and winter as there are no lights to guide the way. Since this will be my first winter "active" again. I will have to find some things to keep me going if I can't go outside.

I have a good collection of Leslie Sansone DVDs - I really like her stuff. Does anyone else live in the country? Do you have any other exercise ideas - especially for those -40 days of Canadian winter!

Keep the faith - with God's help anything is possible!

Shari
Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Why yes I do get up early. I am usually up by 4 when I work and 5 when I don't, Angie is up at 5 when she works and 6 when she doesn't. I need time to wake up and she wakes up running! If we are going to walk the dogs together I need to be up and drinking coffee by 5:15 for our 6:15 three milers!

I usually come here in the morning as I have my first cup of coffee to see if anyone is requesting prayers for the day. As you know I usually post at night.

Well I took the dogs out for 4 miles this morning then I did 3 on the treadmill later in the day.

Made my heart attack lasagna since Angie was gone...she won't eat it but nephew and I love it! Not good for you! I had reasonable portions though.

My kids and their spouses are at the Padre vs Giants game tonight along with nephew and his buddy. I am watching it on TV and ,my Dodgers on the computer.

SCARYSHARI ~We have a couple of ladies here that "know" Leslie! Good to see you come back! We will help get you through those cold winters!

TACKLENURSE ~ Great job on that 7.5 I hope you reach your Oct. goal but if you don't don't worry about it! It will come! And that bike will be way cool to ride! We have a few bike riders here from time to time too!

TRISH ~ Yep I always miss my wife. It is good to get a day or two away from time to time too! We all need our "me" time don't we. Angie eats some type of Ezekiel bread and I eat a brand of whole wheat we have here Orowheat. Oh yeah those college shots!

RONNI ~When I grew up we always went back after Labor Day here in California, now some years Angie and my son and daughter in law have had to be back teaching in the beginning of the third week of August! But they get other days off.

As far as 50th birthdays go, when I had mine, 4 years ago, I told my wife NO party! So she just invited some of my closest friends and ex-wife over for a small party with my kids...nice to be remembered but I didn't want a big deal about it. My brother in law had his 50th last year, his church friends did a "roast" that included all of us...that was fun. We just had a real nice catered mexican food dinner and beer and wine.

Have a great week-end everyone! Gary
Old 08-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #8  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone

Gary~ You make me remember how much i HATED having to be at work at 4:30am. Thankfully i dont go in until 10 nowadays. Gives me time to wake up, eat, exercise and not be sleepy. You should probably stop posting your deliciouslsy looking develish food. LoL the past few days i really want a brownie. For some reason the frosting made me think of a brownie. But i will not give in cause i dont need it nor do i really have a craving i just want it. MmMm lasagna sounds yummy too. Hmmm idea for dinner maybe

Shari~ oh how i envy you if your winter is really only 40 days. It seems as if winter begins in november and doesnt end until march. Sometimes even may. Yea we pretty much have 2 seasons. Summer greatness and Wet with snow and rain and unbearable to go outside.

The day has been dragging on and on today. Yesterday i had a sore throat. Today i woke up with a full on head cold. Seriously who gets sick during the summer??? Whats up with this? Im slightly aggrivated cause summer is alsmot over and i dont want to spend it being sick. So i suppose i will be taking all the meds i can and resting and praying it goes away soon. Supposed to go to the quarry tomorrow with the kiddies, but i dunno since im feeling a little under the waether and its like a 45min drive from my house. Thanks everyone for all the prayers to my DB. He is feeling much better and his war wounds are healing.

Also if everyone could send up some prayers for my mom and dad. They are having a financially hard time right now and i think they might lose their house. This really upsets me cause this is where they want to retire and live for the rest of their lives. I feel as if the least i could do is help them a little, so i am not going to school this year because my family needs my help. I cannot get any loans so i pay for school outta pocket. Im upset about putting my education on hold, but family comes first and i will do everything in my power to help them and make sure they dont lose their house. Thanks everyone and Happy Saturday
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189.8/179.8/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I posted an intro in the into section...but thought I'd come here too. I'm Heather and the rest you can read in the intro section
I'm a follower of Christ have been for years but my faith is growing stronger daily!
I run every other day......faithfully ..... God is my source of strength while I"m running to beat my last goal!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #10  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ Well, what a difference a day makes: two newbies and some very interesting stories ...

SHARI AND SMALLWORLD ~ you'll like it here: there's lots of fun, interesting, and supportive people here. Yes, SHARI, a few of us live in the country; and we get pretty cold weather here: I am a bit further, or north-east of where you are.

HI HEATHER ~ you snuck in a post while I was typing; glad you came over ... you will like it here.

GARY ~ you won't believe how prophetic our stories were the other day. I can honestly and openly say that I know THE REAL REASON why DH wouldn't use the weedwhacker for awhile ... BECAUSE HE WHACKED DOWN ONE OF MY COLORADO BLUE SPRUCE TREES last Tuesday and didn't want me to know! That was the reason for the funny and sheepish looks. Here I was feeling so sorry for him and his pride ~ LOL! I got out the manual clippers and started to trim around some trees and then I discovered the travesty; that dirty deed, and I was in shock! LOL!

He didn't try to deny it: how could he? Once discovered, he got out the gas weed whacker and continued to help me trim around the trees. So I sure got lots of exercise on Friday and I did get that 5K in for sure: I walked around my homemade track (loop) one and a half times with NIKO and at least once more on my own as I trimmed trees.

TRISH ~ WONDER BREAD makes some nice whole wheat english muffins. We also have a Canadian company (Weston) that makes them for a store brand here. You may be able to get some at a health food store or bakery.

COURTNEY ~ will definitely pray for your mom and dad that they won't lose their house. It seems lots of people in the States are having a hard time keeping their homes. We heard up here that many people got involved in some weird mortgage scheme where the houses had over-inflated prices and a strange mortgage interest schedule that kicked in a few years down the road. Some people's payments were just way more than they could afford, and they really shoudn't have been approved in the first place. I hope that isn't what happened for them; but am praying that GOD will help them in any way He can. Here, many people rent out rooms or put apartments in their basements and rent them out to help with the mortgage payments until it's paid off.

TACKLENURSE ~ wow, 7.5 lbs in one month is a lot; you are off to a great start for sure ...

RONNI ~ have fun with your Sis and her kiddies this week. How about a renting a chalet in the woods for you and DH and/or some friends for a weekend? Or the city, if you like to go to the theatre or plays plus fine-dining and such?

Well, hello to everyone else and all our MIA's who are tres, tres busy these days ...

We are going back up to the lot to do some more of the foundation tomorrow if the weather holds up for us: not too hot or too wet. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-03-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Be back tomorrow.....Funny ROSEBUD!

WELCOME HEATHER!

Gary
Old 08-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/139

Height: 5'10

Default Newbie!

Hello all, I'm relatively new to 3FC. I joined last month, but have just started venturing out into the forums the last few days. It was a wonderful surprise to find you! I look forward to joining you on these journeys. I am 27 and have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. She is my motivation for many things. She is why I decided to go back to school 2 years ago, and my motivation to become as healthy as I can be. Her unwavering faith at such a tender age never ceases to amaze me. So glad to have found you!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

i hope you all had a great Sunday

Angie and I went to church this morning. We met our new vicar, he seems like a real nice guy. He is about my age, a second career for him.

Today we had a meet and greet, at our local dog park, with the golden retriever group we belong to. They have a meeting every month and get together and hang out with their dogs, it's pretty fun for the "girls". I think there was about 30 golden's there today.

STACYSREADYTOLOSE

AGAIN HEATHER

ROSEBUD ~ hummm....the 'ol cut down "mom's" tree issue I am so glad you got that 5K in today with Niko, he would have loved runnin' with my girls today, they are wiped out!

COURTNEY ~Prayers for your family and their financial struggle right now. You are a good daughter I am so sorry your folks are in this boat, they are not alone. Unfortunately we have had a few here at Christian Encouragers lose their homes in the last few years. Prayers for your strength as your family goes through this.

IT'S PRETTY QUIET AROUND HERE
Old 08-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

I've been enjoying a relaxing day and plan to go for a walk in a few minutes.

We celebrated our church's 40th anniversary this morning. It was really neat to hear words from previous pastors and har about God's goodness to our church.

Our kids have made it safely to Ottawa. Now the unpacking and looking for work. It was wierd to not have them in church with us this a.m.

Shari: I love Leslie!! And living in Winnipeg I also have those lovely COLD winter days and way too many of them. I also have a stationary bike, exercise ball and an exercise board to use in the winter.

Gary: You are really going great guns with your walking. Maybe you should come up here and be my personal trainer. Maybe I'd get out there more!! I really appreciate your prayer support.

Rosebud: Your story about the tree was so funny. How are your spireas doing? I need to transplant one this fall and hopefully it'll survive the move. It got run over by a bobcat this spring when we moved our shed and has come back nicely from that.

Courtney: I will definitely pray for your parents. What a hard thing to go through. When you get close to retirement age finances should ease up a bit not get worse. Definitely in my prayers.

Stacey: Welcome! You will find great support here. This thread has been with me through losing most of my weight and has been very patient with me stalling with the last 20.

Better get going for that walk now. Like Gary, I also check here every morning and pray for the needs and concerns. I just don't always have the time to post.

Tomorrow is a holiday here and I plan to get some work done in the house. Have a great week!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #15  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A quick fly-by to say that I am back. WELCOME to all of our new folk! I hope to get to know you in the days to come.

I will catch up tomorrow, but I did want you to know that I read everyone's posts and prayers are continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie
Closed Thread