Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #76  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Poor little Bella is sick. Have no idea what is wrong with her but have a vet appointment at 2:45. She went from seeming very tired yesterday morning to her tail being down and hot last night. I didn't sleep much I am very worried. She is such a little tiny thing. I swear it looks like she has lost a couple of pounds in one day. I haven't even done any housework today. Just sitting here with her in my lap because that is the only place she wants to be. Chat with you all later.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #77  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - LOL - glad you have a good attitude about the cyclical nature of construction work. Enjoy your time off with Angie

Shy - let us know how it went with Bella. She is in my prayers!

A busy, warm day today. Feeling like a slug in the heat. I gotta get some chores done, but I think I will wait until it cools off a bit.

Hope everyone had a blessed day!
Prayers continuing!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #78  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Shy-I'm praying for Bella. It's scary when our beloved pets get sick, since they can't tell us what's wrong. Keep us informed.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Rennie, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Countingdown, Very warm here today too. We have one of those blue swimming pools that so many have. I took a 4 mile walk with friends and then dipped in the pool before hanging laundry on the line...I think I would have melted w/o the dip lol

Sorry I have not kept up. My computer was down for 3 days after a storm and I was behind in posting before that. I hope you'll all forgive me for just jumping in again...I have kept you all in my prayers.
DH is not happy in the new job, but he is trying to give it a shot. All has been well with the kids and all their baseball games though and we made it to a Brewer game. They won 11-1. It was a rockin' day.
Hope you all had a terrific Tuesday!
I did, I was a possible juror for tomorrow, but the trial was settled out of court. Woo hoo!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hi Everybody!

Got a good run in last night after Mr. D's baseball game, it was hot and a bit humid, but hey, its summer in Indiana. I spent most of today outside mowing and working in the yard, the power was out for several hours while they were moving some power lines for the road construction, so I had a good excuse for staying out all day. Mr. D has another ball game tonight, if we lose it will be over for the regular season, if not we play Thurs. again. I love to watch him play but I'm really ready for it to be over, we still have all-stars to go yet too.

Shy, hope Bella is ok, had to take my big dummy in today to have some tumors removed, thankfully they turned out to be just fatty tumors. Crazy pooch, as soon as we got home and I let him out of the car he took off running for the pond and I couldn't get him to stop and he jumped right in, I'm sure that was not good for his stitches. He loves that darned pond, I have a devil of a time keeping him out.

Candy, I may just be really dumb but I've not heard of a C25K, what is it? I know what a 3k, 4k, 5k, 10k,etc.. is but never heard of the other. I read a letter from my oldest DS's soon-to-be CC coach last night. It was about being successful at running or really anything in your life. He talked about the importance of believing you can do something, having the desire to bring it to reality, and putting into action the necessary elements to achieve it. What I found most interesting was that he said its in your head, you create your success or your failure before you even begin by how you think about the situation. He suggests visualizing the event you are preparing for, as if you are actually there doing it, over and over. That you daily remind yourself of your goal, and be positive in all your thinking no matter whether pain creeps into the equation or not. He also told them they need to spend time in prayer every day for their own state of mind and for their teammates, not that they would win the whole deal or anything but more that they would each use the gifts that God has given them to the absolute best of their abilities and that they would be positive and an asset to the team. I share this with you because you said you didn't know if you wanted to do the C25K, because you didn't want to fail. I think if you haven't done anything like it in a while and you even attempt it, you're farther ahead of the game than you were if you hadn't ever tried.

I'll shut up now

Gotta go, about time to leave for the big game. Trish
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #81  
tryin again

S/C/G: 172/170/123

Shy: I'll be praying for you.

I've stayed away from the ice cream ysterday and today. If I promise someone I won't do it, I won't but for some reason, I can't keep my promises to myself....
Now the challenge is to not replace it with something else I shouldn't eat!

I really liked what Trish said the coach said in his letter. That applies to weight loss as well.

Counting, you have inspired me!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Watching the ALL-STAR game while Angie works at yoga again.

TRISH ~The C25K Courtney is talking about is the Couch To 5K plan...you can google it...it is a great program. Angie uses it when she starts training to run after some time off. In the EXERCISE part of the thread page you can always find gals doing it. Cross Country is a great sport! My son ran it in high school and college, for one year, then he just stuck with his high jumping for his final 3 years. He coached it at the high school too for 4 years while he went to college...great...great sport! Visualizing is good but it's the legs that count and heart in cross country ...your boy must go to a Christian school!...cool...

RENNIE ~ Prayers for BELLA...I know the worry...

LOVNMOM ~Don't ever think you have to post to each of us! We like it when we have time to but we don't always...we just hope you keep coming back! Sorry your husband is not too happy with the new job now, prayers it will get better.

SCOOTER ~I have been around cycles of construction for a long time...always pretty lucky. We may get slow but we do have a lot of work coming up...our company is really busy...my end of it is coming. Too bad for me our next big job is 9 hours away so I will be staying out of town for several months probably...Angie's not gonna like that but she is used to it too. I didn't do it when the kids were here...now that they are gone and grown up I do if the company needs me to...the pay is worth it I hope it cools down for you.

ELIZABETH ~ Good job on the ice cream!

See ya later gals!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-15-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #83  
Rennie

Well, Bella started out with a fever of 104. They gave her something and within 1 1/2 hours it was down to 103.5 and then another 1 1/2 hours later it was down to 103. They let me take her home with some antibiotics. They have no idea what is wrong with her. I have to take her temp in the morning and call the vet. She is doing much much better. She isn't eating had to give her some nu cal and syringe some water into her but her head is up, the tail wags a bit and she follows me around a bit. I have to stay in one room so she doesn't tire herself out. Everyone here is being so great and doing everything I ask them to do so I can stay in one room with Bella. Thank you so much for asking. I was so very worried. I am still worried but at least she seems to be getting better. Hopefully tomorrow morning her fever will be down more.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:13 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

CCmomof5, The walks have been brutal here too. The heat is up up and the humidity too. Make sure and stay hydrated. My son has 3 games today. Thankfully my DD nor my younger son have any. Can anyone say, "is the season over yet??"

ElizabethM, Great job making healthier choices.

Gary, Hopefully your being away during the school year will help. You and Angie do so much together it will be a big change for both of you! Thanks for the prayers.

Rennie, Keep us posted.

It's all about baseball and theater camp today. I should find time for a walk this evening though. I now have two friends who are willing to walk so I'm rarely walking alone these days. It's nice. It makes the one or two a week I take alone seem enjoyable as well.
Hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #85  

Hi lovnmom, I'm from WI, too. I'm up early to beat the heat while picking beans. The bugs were loving me. ha!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #86  
Rennie

Bella is feeling a bit better. Fever is down to 101.9. She still isn't eating or drinking but at least the fever is coming down.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 255/238.6/150

Height: 5'8

WOW, I am SO excited that there is a Christian support group! This just makes my day! By the way, my name is Melissa and I live in VA... Im trying to lose 100lbs so if you have any ideas for me that would be wonderful! Please make friends with me because I really need to talk to someone that knows what I am going through! Thanks so much!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #88  
Rennie

Melissa
Hello and welcome
You have come to a great thread. Everyone here is full of encouragement. People are doing different things here to change their eating habits. I stay within a range of calories, fats and carbs and also make sure I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups each day. Along with how I am eating I exercise 5 days a week. I am the turtle when it comes to losing weight but I am losing and it is staying off. Post often and let us know how things are going for you.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #89  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Melissa- this is a great place. Lots of support and wonderful people. Some of us are stalled a bit in our weight loss, but the others are an inspiration to us. It's just nice to be able to communicate with others in the same boat we are and not be judged!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Helloooooooo

Not doing too well today, I need to sit down and regroup. Whatever I'm doing isn't working. I've got to get back to my "attack the fat" mode. Kids are driving me nuts, I'm way too busy, I barely have time for life and its got to stop. I didn't get finished with my workout until late last night and I still hadn't had dinner, so I just ate a handfull of nuts and seeds and drank some green tea. All because my days are so horribly busy. I can't wait for school to start, back to routine, routine, routine.

Melissa, you have found a wonderful place for encouragement and inspiration, if it weren't for this place I would have no where to go vent my above comments, because no one at home cares. They think I'm crazy, some days I am

EZ, I ran CC in jr. high then my dad made me so crazy with it I quit and played volleyball. I should have stayed with the running, I would have got a scholarship, I was pretty good in my day. Yes, Ds will be going to Lipscomb University in Nashville this fall. Kinda nervous about not being able to be mom anymore but its all part of growing up, for him and for me. He finally got a job, 4 weeks before he's due to move in on campus, but better late than never. Funny thing is he hates to have to work hard outside, and the job he got is working on a produce farm, picking melons, hoeing,etc... He came home yesterday with a look of sheer terror on his face, like people really do this for a living?? I said welcome to the real world, now you know why you need to get your degree? He shook his head in affirmation and went to bed. Too funny!

carol, picking beans huh, I went and bought some for dinner tonight. Told Dh I wanted a garden this year, he didn't get around to making my boxes, and he won't let me just till up a spot, so I'll have to wait til next year for my own beans, and tomatoes, and peppers, and onions, yummy, yummy. I'm gonna need a lot of boxes.

Gotta go, weeds are calling my name. Trish
Closed Thread