Old 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #46  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hey all sorry I have b een MIA I've had the flu then a nasty cold then my grand mother got sick so much going on I'm so glad God is in control because I was about to lose it lol. I will try to be good and post more often hope all is well for every one . to all the new posters glad you are here come back often this is a wonderful group of people . Take care all. Rena

Last edited by losinitin07; 03-11-2008 at 06:36 PM.
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #47  

Default Hi there!

Counting- You are a great role model, it is important to put devo's first, we should God first in everything, then all goes better. So glad to hear SD came home, prayers he cotinues to improve.
Mamakim- Congrats stay op!
Bethz- Thanks! My wt. Loss Journey had been very long, and continues, I had gastric bypadd surgery last may30th, which has helped level the playing field for me, although I still have to watch what I eat, and exercise, I have been doing 6 miles on my elliptical about 3 mornings a week, but need to more attentive to eating more salads and getting more water in, work interfers sometimes, and don't eat as well, but thanks for your support and for everyone else's here you guys are awesome!!!
Rosebud- Speaking of awesome, are a great supporter as well, so glad to hear tom is doing well Thanks for sharing the Thank You ! letters, that was great as well as the pic! beautiful!
Eltigre- You have had alotof challenges, prayers life smooths out...
Fitchick- Welcome!!
Pam- Welcome!!
Ceejay- Welcome!!
E.Z.- Where are you, oh that's right working! Glad I am not alone a workaholic!!! can never find time to post, but you guys are always in my prayers.
Losingit- Prayers that you and grandma are feeling better, you are right the Lord is allways in control!! so give Him the lead...
Shy- speaking of another awesome encourager!! Thanks!
Well gotta go but wish you all well, I am doing well, getting exercise in most of the time, working dayshifts alot this week so that makes it harder getting the exercise in, but need to get my water in, and eat better, gotta run, prayers!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #48  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Good day today...

Had a good day today; fit in one mile walk in halls at lunch time. Weighed in for Biggest Losers at work, have lost 2 pounds. Official WW weigh in not until Friday.

Thank you for the prayers. Will be going to visit the grandchildren with my son again this next weekend. He is enjoying his well-deserved leave, and heads back to finish deployment next week. Had a chance to play indoor soccer with some friends he hadn't seen in a long time tonight.

Have a great week everyone! I wish I had more time to add personals, but just had time for a quick read-through... God bless you all, I'm sure he does! Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #49  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to CEEJAY AND PAM ~ you are most welcome to join us. Come back and post often: doesn't have to be long, short and sweet will do ... LOL!

RENA ~ there's a nasty flu going around NORTH AMERICA; DH is down sick with it again. I had it for two weeks; he had it only one, but now has it back again (or something very similar to it; same symptoms). Prayers for both you and your grandmother for quick recovery.

BETHZ ~ sending prayers for you DS and his family. Don't worry, you don't have to do personals. Just come in and do a short post to let us know how you are and if you need prayers.

SUE ~ thanks so much for the kind wordz: they are a great encouragement to me. See how it is all reciprocal!!! GOD is amazing, isn't He???

*** TOM is taking another CHEMO ROUND right now; they put the meds in his tube on Monday afternoons and take it out Wednesday mornings. They have to test his blood first so that's why the late start. With the new meds, he shouldn't get sick at all. She wrote last night that he has been feeling great all weekend, and some family have come out to stay with them for a week which is nice support for them too.

SHY ~ My aunt and uncle know all about you guys and gals; and that's why she mentioned in the letter about 'those who don't know them at all'. I have sent prayer requests to three different groups for them, plus our family and friends of course. They appreciate is very much. Lots of good advice for us; thanks for that too ...

COUNTING ~ thanks to you also; such lovely compliments. That encourages my soul as well. I try to share anything that might lift your day; I also send stuff to my family and friends each week. Some of them have so many stressers in their lives. Most of them work and I don't, so I have more time than them. I look for inspirational things and some nice clean jokes too (I have found a few good ones here).

*** Also wanted to let you know that my brother is doing well right now too; we appreciate and thank you for your prayers for him too.

GARY ~ hope you have a great week at work.

WELL, I have to get off here to let my girls out and get ready for bed. Take good care of yourselves ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-11-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #50  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, I'm very new to 3FC and am glad I found this page. I'm especially thrilled to see there is a Thread for believers. I am looking forward to the encouragement I know I'll get through here and also the friendships I hope to make.
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #51  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Rose
There is always room for one more at God's table. Welcome and please let us know how things are going.

Just
That flu is terrible. Some people never get it, like me, others get it over and over. Try to make him take it easy.

Bethz
Nice going on the loss. Hope you have a wonderful time.

doit
Everything we do, every choice we make that is good for us takes us forward. When we can't do all the things we would like to do, like get plenty of exercise, even a little bit helps. Hope things get less hectic for you.

Cee
HI cee how are things going. Come on in, pull up a chair, kick your shoes off and chat awhile.

I am so proud of myself. God really does work when we work for our selfs. When I started to exercise, what around Sep, Oct? I was lucky to get through a 1 mile walking/aerobic video without having to pause it several times. Ok, I was sick but still. Today, I am able to do 3 mile walking videos and not be out of breath. The lung capacity must really be getting better with all the exercise. I swear, sometimes I hear a voice say to me GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND EXERCISE. I think, sometimes all we have to do is listen to what God says to us and do what we are told rather we FEEL like it or not.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #52  
Rosebud

Just a quick check-in tonight ...

ROSE76 ~ two ROSEBUD's in one thread: gee, that could get very confusing ~ LOL! So, I'll call you ROSE too, like SHY did.

THANKS SHY ~ DH AND SWEETIE are sick right now; she sure didn't need that too right now. She wasn't able to hold any food down today and it is really slowing her down. DH said he felt much better today; so that's better than last time. He stayed in the house today and rested.

Picked up another DVD player for a good price, so I'll be able to do my WATP sessions more often now.

Well, I gotta go check on SWEETIE; to let them outside. Had a late night last night; hope to get to bed earlier. HOPE everyone is well; take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ ascending ...
Old 03-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #53  
Lauren

SHY - Thanks for the welcome and I will do that

ROSEBUD- yeah i noticed that when i was scrolling through here earlier. i thought they were talking to me. lol thanks for the welcome (btw, what is WATP? lol)

i missed my workout on tuesday, normally i don't go on wednesday nights b/c of church but i went last night for a mile on the tredmill. today is resistance training, my favorite day!

Last edited by rosebud76; 03-13-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: left something out ;)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #54  

Default Having a great day!

Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Prayers for all who need them! Praise where it is deserved! Have a great day everyone! Weigh in tomorrow looking good! Bethz
Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #55  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

rose76
WATP is a series of walk/aerobic at home videos Walk Away The Pounds. Leslie Sansone is the wonderful lady a great many of us walk with each day.

Just
I have a ton of them now. I do each and everyone of them. I just love Leslie and she has really helped me along the way to a more fit body.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-13-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #56  
Lauren

SHY - thanks for the info
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #57  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ got lots of rest today; had a nap this aft to catch up on lost sleep and get those poor legs up. Had a blast taking lots of pics of our backyard friends today; got some really good ones too.

DH set up the new DVD player for me; I spent most of the day running my feet off. Tomorrow will be the same as we hope to go into town for an outing and for pickups. SWEETIE is up and walking around better today, but still not able to keep much down: poor thing. Trying to spend lots of time with her while we can.

For dinner, we had lean hamburger steak with onions, tomato, small new potato w/skin, and leftover coleslaw and veggies from yesterday's roasted chicken and veggie dinner. Lunch was v/l ham & cheese on whole grain with a cup-a-soup. BF was a small bagel with peanut butter; snack banana. Will likely have an orange tonight too.

WELL, I'm off to take shower and have my tea; take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-13-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #58  

Smile

Good news on the scale this morning... lost 3 pounds this week

Had a good on plan week, got most of my exercise and plenty of water in!

Son returns overseas on Thursday! Will spend the weekend with us, then set out to Boston to see his sister and visit with his children...has been great to have him around. His teen brothers enjoy him so, and look up to him. We all will look forward to his eventual return to the area late this year or early next year.

Lots of company to visit son this weekend. Lots of cooking going on...lots of on-plan options for the mama (me)! Prayers please for WILLPOWER at the BUFFET banquet for basketball team on Sunday! Thank you.

Will check in on Monday. Think of you all often. Beth

Last edited by bethz; 03-14-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #59  

Default Hi there!

Bethz- Prayers for will power, you are doing awesome down 5 more lbs Awesome!!! Please thank your son for his service, trust you will enjoy your visit this weekend.
Rosebud- Thanks!! Continued prayers for aunt/uncle, brother, dear hubby and sweetie, blessings!
Shy- Thanks! Awesome job !! sick and still exercising, great job!!
Rose- Welcome!! Good job working out! come back and let us know how your doing!!
Well gotta run working today hi to everyone else, have an awesome blessed day!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #60  
Rosebud

PRAYERS PLEASE ~ Our little SWEETIE has taken a turn for the worse; she seems to have caught this bug and is very weak now. We are praying for a peaceful transition and serenity for us all during this time. It's so hard when you've had them for so long and they are just like kids. THANKS ...

SUE ~ THANKS SO MUCH for your prayer support: it means so much to us.

BETHZ ~ on those disappearing pounds; gone forever I'd say ... yeah!!! Prayers for strength during celebrations; make lots of healthy stuff too and that might help lessen the temptations. That's what I do; I have given all our favorite dishes a healthy makeover so we can still eat them.

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ hope you all have a great weekend; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ ascending for one and all ...