Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #91  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW ~ Did you see that beautiful red eclipse of the moon out there tonight? DH and I have been watching it on and off all night. It's extremely cold out there though, so we are looking at it from our windows; just went out on the deck for a minute to see how close all the stars are too. Had a quiet, but good day!

BRUNI ~ glad to see you here again; I've seen you posting all around the boards. You have a wonderful enthusiasm and that is very appreciated.

RENA ~ just keep praying for them; often they will come back sooner or later, each in their own time. I pray for the churches too; that they will become the kind of places that reflect GOD's Amazing Love so well that people will be attracted again and want to stay.

COUNTING ~ I love the SKI-WALKING; whenever I go outside in the yard, I take my poles becuz they help me walk so much better; they give me better balance and more stamina (and you burn more energy too).

HI to everyone else ~ hope everyone is feeling well; I'm thinking that February-March is a good time to hybernate as there's not much to do when it's too cold to even go for a walk. Oh BTW, I got myself a new winter Parka and mitts to match; as soon as I feel better, I'll go out SKI-WALKING to try them out. It only makes sense to own a Parka if you live in the north ~ lol!

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS ARE HEAVEN BOUND^
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #92  

Default Hi There!

I started trying to get that scale moving again, I was up a few pounds so decided I needed to get more serious, now that vacation was over so back to the elliptical and eating good... Get it moving in the right dirrection...

Counting- Yeah! We had great weather going down and back, there was a threat of tornado well we were there, but it blew over and no problems, thanks for asking!
Beth- Great job walking, send some of that sun North! Please can't wait for spring!!
Losingit- pray! your right with the early spring... samething happens here it will be 60 one day and 30 the next till the cold gets out of the air, probably not for another couple months...
bruniq- it is so easy to put stock in people we all do it... keep posting and let us know how your doing...
Rosebud - cotinued prayers for you and DH and all!
I gotta work today so gonna go get ready... Prayers to all on an awesome day!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #93  
Live, Love, Laugh!

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi losinitin07 --

I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking. Sometimes I get really frustrated on this journey and have been looking everywhere for inspiration.

I found this prayer and thought I would share it with everyone:

I Praise You for My Body

Dear God,
As You know, some days I wish
I looked different than I do.
How good it is to be reminded, Lord,
that You had me--exactly this me--
in mind long before I came to exist!
So today I present myself to You
with a grateful heart.
Help me to be a good steward of my body.
Because You designed it,
I want to celebrate, nurture, and respect it.
By Your power at work in me,
I praise You for every molecule, gene, and freckle!
Amen.

May he bless all of our efforts!

best,
b
bruniQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #94  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Beth
Hi. Walking videos are real nice when the weather doesn't let us get outside. You will get to that goal. Nice to have you with us.

Justwant
Glad to see you are doing better. My daughter is complain about the winter lol. She wants to play tennis. Wasn't that eclipse great. We watched it until it was over.

Counting
Hi girl.

doit
That is the way to do it. Just get back on the wagon seat and point the horses in the right direction.

bruni
Nice prayer, thank you.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #95  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Rena - he is doing a year of field work - he is working as a chaplain in an inner-city SF hospital. He will have one more year when he finishes in August. He is doing a 4 year program. It has been a long-haul for him. This year has been very draining emotionally. But, I think he realizes that working in SF has given him experiences and insights that he would never have had otherwise. Growing up in a small town in northern Michigan was very idyllic in many ways.

Rosebud - it WAS a beautiful eclipse. We were blessed with clear skies so that we could watch it. How wonderful!

Sue - way to go getting back OP. I think that is the hardest step - to actually commit again. The scale will be going in the right direction in no time

Bruni - thanks for posting the poem - a wonderful reminder!!!!

Shy - hi back! Looks like you did great with your exercise today! I'm betting you will have a loss on your next weigh-in.

I hope everyone else is doing well. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #96  
Rennie

Counting
Since I went back to only weighing in every two weeks I sure don't have the anxiety about it like I did.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #97  
Rosebud

We had another lovely, sunny day; you can't mind winter when you have all this glorious sunshine, but you should see all the snow we have. We have a mountain just outside our back door ~ lol; and Dh keeps saying, 'take a picture of it; take a picture!' hehe...

BRUNI~ that's a cute poem; really like it! I saw the picture in your profile of your raggamuffin; ever cute ...

SUE ~ glad to have you back again; and that you made it home safely too!

SHY ~ I am finally starting to feel better; today is the first day I didn't have to take any meds. Hope it lasts!

COUNTING ~ that is a demanding position that your DS has right now. I have a BIL that is an Anglican Priest; and boy, that is some responsibility: esp when it comes to comforting those who are sick or grieving. We pray for him constantly!

Had a quiet, but busy day; take good care all ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS continue for all^
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #98  
Rennie

just
I am so glad to hear it. I know the types of flu going around seem to last on and on. Take it easy. Is going to take time to get your strength back.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #99  

Just a quick pop-in to say hello and that I hope you have a blessed and fun weekend! We had sunshine today - God is so good! I have missed it so much! I'm thinking that I might just make it to spring after all!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #100  
Rennie

Counting
lol you are going to make it. I am tired of the cold and the snow and the ice. Even looking forward to summer, which is something I have never done. I really don't like the heat.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #101  
Rosebud

We had a gorgeous, sunny day again so we just had to go for a drive this afternoon to enjoy it more. The snow was even melting on the roads; I told DH that GOD was having pity on us becuz we had so much snow. The last two times that happened, we got more snow though ...

Dh had to cut the snowhill out back so that I could see my birdhouse again; and the snow is halfway up my birdhouse pole. But just the same, everyone in the building was out enjoying the lovely weather today.

SHY ~ I told DH that I would much rather have the sunshine in the winter, and less in the summer; but what would that do to our seasons???

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend; take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ for you and yours are heaven-bound ...
Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #102  

Rosebud, I agree with you completely. I love clouds in the summer! Clouds mean SHADE

Like Shy, I'm not very fond of hot weather. I am hoping that I am more tolerant of it this summer with the weight gone however. I might actually wear shorts in public for the first time in EONS

I did get my taxes finished this weekend. AND, I FINALLY got tickets to see my Mom over spring break. Neither she nor my step-father have had a good winter health-wise. I am anxious to get down to see them. We thought we would probably have to drive (airfare was 2.5 times last year's prices). But, magically, fares dropped this week. I put in a bid, and voila - we have tickets

Knoxville in the spring, Smoky Mountains, ah - God is good!

Have a blessed Sunday everyone
Old 02-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #103  
Rennie

eltigre
It is very important to understand that muscle is gained as fat is lost. Sometimes the scale isn't what we think it is.

Counting
I won't be thin this summer but I sure won't mind going to the pool at the camp grounds when ever I want to instead of just when there isn't anyone there.

Just
I want to live somewhere that is 70 all year long. The humidity is low and there are all four seasons including snow lol.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #104  

Hi all - just checking in.
Shy - I don't think I will be "thin" again. But, both of us are now in a place where we can wear "normal" clothes without people staring at us. I really like going places without thinking that I am causing people to do a "double take" at the woman that just walked in.

We are DOING this! Thank GOD for the strength to make these changes. I surely couldn't do it on my own!

eltigre - that scale is a fickle and sometimes evil thing. It is hard not to measure success by it's results. However, you have learned a really important lesson. It is only one small piece of data - put it in perspective. You are doing GREAT - keep it up - regardless of that scale

Hope you all had a GREAT Sunday. We had an awesome Lenten study tonight. Coming together in fellowship and study during Lent is a really special event.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your Lenten
journey is bringing you closer to God
Blessings!

Laurie
Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #105  
Rosebud

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE ~ we woke up to glorious sunshine again today, and it really felt like spring out there too! The clouds rolled in by 5 pm though, and guess what they are forcasting for tomorrow: more of that white, fluffy stuff ~ lol!

HOWEVER, Dh is still convinced that we are going to have an early spring; we all hope he is right becuz people are not sure where to put all this snow. Our town is trucking it out to the country.

SHY ~ I bet we could have that kind of weather in heaven: but I do still want a cottage by the sea; and yes, the snow must come for Christmas. OH, will there be Christmas in heaven ... hmmmm??? Not likely, becuz we'll have Jesus with us there.

COUNTING ~ yes, I think some more clouds might help keep things cooler this summer. I remember when we had much cooler temps in the summer; after all, we are in the north. Where all these 90+ F days came from is beyond me???

ELTIGRE ~ I weighed myself today; and I weight exactly the same as last time! But, the good thing is: I am estastic that I didn't gain any weight over Christmas or over the last two weeks, when I was so sick and didn't get outside for my walks (except to town a couple of days only). I measure myself and am going by my clothes sizes as that was my original goal anyways. You are still losing, if you lose inches; keep that in mind.

HI TO ALL OUR OTHER FRIENDS ~ hope things are OK; KAREN, am still praying for you to sell that house; LORI ~ praying for AJ and the girls and that you sell your house too; GARY, WILMA, SUE, RENA, BRUNI, KIM, BETH, and all the rest of our friends: hope you are all having a good and restful Sunday.

Take good care all, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS are heaven-bound for you and yours ...