Old 02-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SHY ~ Now you know that I wasn't laughing becuz you fell; it was just the way you wrote about it that was funny! I sincerely hope that you are feeling better and have already sent up prayers for you. As someone who has fallen down stairs more times than I care to remember (and was left with life-long damage from my injuries) I certainly could identify with your pain.

KIM ~ we are sorry for your loss; and I agree with COUNTING that GOD has a way of reaching out to people during such a time as this. And I agree about the daughter issue too.

ELTIGRE ~ so glad to see that you found us again. We are a fun group and we like to laugh at life and ourselves sometimes too.

COUNTING ~ yes, I have had to throw out some of my own stuff too; and the same with DH's tees that were getting just a wee bit thin or holy (I mean, blessed) ~ lol!

Well, that's all for now; take good care ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #47  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just
For heavens sakes, of course I knew you weren't laughing at me. You were laughing with me. I am living proof people can fall down stairs and not break their neck lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #48  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

eltigre - sounds like you had a wonderful week! Way to go!!! You will be in the 150s with Shy and I in no time We will gladly welcome you - it is a pretty nice place to be (though I have my sights set on the 140s )

Shy - I hope you are on the mend!

To everyone - I hope you have a blessed Sabbath day! Prayers ascending ...
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #49  
Rosebud

PRAYERS NEEDED ~ please pray for my BROTHER (RP) for a peaceful sleep tonight; and for all day tomorrow! Monday will be a very difficult day for him and our family. We are putting all our hope and trust in GOD that he will give him the strength he needs, to face whatever is in store for him for the next while. We are asking for GOD's help and grace in this matter; and that all things will work out for good for him (Romans 8:28). Thanks so much!!!

ROSEBUD
Old 02-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #50  

Rosebud - prayers continuing! Stay strong. God's will is perfect, even when we don't fully see or understand it.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #51  
Rennie

Justwant
Will keep everyone in my prayers. Sometimes we have no idea why things happen or why they turn out the way they do. That is because we are mere mortals and have to put our trust in God's judgement.

Counting
Thanks I am feeling much better. Sure glad it isn't summer haha I wouldn't look to good in shorts or a bathing suit.

eltigre
WOW that is terrific. Nice going on the weight loss. I really do try to find something funny in everything. Very seldom do I let anything get me down.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #52  

Just a fly-by to say hello and prayers continuing

I hope everyone had a good start to the week. It is still very cold here -2 F

I'm so looking forward to spring!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #53  
Rosebud

Thanks for your prayers; no news yet. I think that is the hardest part of all ... waiting and waiting. I had a good sleep last night, but woke up early. So I had a nap this afternoon and that helped a lot.

ROSEBUD
Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #54  
Quit counting at 45!

Rosebud: My prayers are with you also.

It's been incredibly cold here too. -25C yesterday. I am so ready for spring.

It's been an emotional week for me. My married kids informed us last week they are moving to Ottawa this summer. He got accepted into a school there. They are very excited about it and so are we FOR THEM! I'm going to miss them terribly. Right now they live just 5 minutes away from us. Time to let go right? At least I have until August to get used to the idea.

Work is going well right now. I'm 3 weeks away from my mini vacation and I'm counting down the days.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #55  

Default Hi there!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, had a really good friend have a heart attack and was in hosp. They did surgery yesterday and He is home today. He had 99 % of his right coronary artery blocked. Doing so much better, they put stents in and now he just needs to heal. He is only 46. Prayers appreciated his name is David.
Welcome Arizona, Eltigre- congrats on lose you are doing well, and Kimmy- so sorry to hear about you FIL prayers for you and your family.
Counting- congrats on winning the bid on boots and skis, enjoy!!!
Shy- Prayers your soon feeling better after your tumble, I have fallen a couple times down flights of stairs, and think I hope no one saw me (outside staircase)
Rosebud- prayers for uncle tom that he tolerates his chemo better, if he opts to continue and for healing.
Wilma- prayers you continue to feel better, E.Z.- busy as a bee still true, sounds like all enjoyed the concert.
I am flying out to Ohio on Fri with my mom and sister to visit my niece at college. We are going to watch her cheerlead at one of the basketball games and have fun for the weekend so that will be lots of fun... Hi and sorry to all I missed but gotta run... prayers!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #56  
Rennie

doit
So sorry to hear about your friend. Will sure keep him in my thought. I am doing fine. I have hurt worse. Sure glad no one saw it happen that will be talking about it 10 years from now lol.

Wilma
Oh that has to be so hard. We know they have to grow up and move out but to move away is another matter. Feel for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #57  
Rosebud

JUST A QUICK CHECK IN ...

WILMA ~ feel for you about your kids moving to Ottawa; great adventure for them, but hard on MOM.

SHY ~ sorry for all those bruises; prayers they heal soon.

HI SUE ~ have fun on your mini vacation to see your niece. Prayers for DAVID for a speedy recovery already on their way!!!

ELTIGRE ~ you are doing very well already!

COUNTING ~ our temps have dropped down to -27C area right now, but we had glorious sunshine with it.

DH caught a nasty flu and being that we live in the same house (even though I tried not to), I got it too. Was up at 4:30 am; had to make myself a neo-citron like beverage to help me go back to sleep. Been in bed most of the day and will be going back after checking in here. This one is a doozy; I sure hope it doesn't stick around too long.

Hope you all have a great week; have lots of time to pray while recuperating. Have been reading some interesting books today in between naps too. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^^^PRAYERS ASCENDING^^^
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #58  

Rosebud - how precious you are - even when you are sick, you see the blessing in it! Prayers continuing for Tom, and for you and your DH as well. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Shy - LOL - I know what you mean about people remembering our "incidents" for years to come! Hope you are better today! I noticed 152 on your ticker! That rocks!!!!

Sue - I will keep David and family in my prayers. Have a wonderful trip to Ohio. Sounds like a great weekend!

The weather is back to normal here - the snow is beautiful! I hope I can find time to ski this weekend Work has been crazy busy this week, I'm just trying to stay afloat. And the way the days fell this month, I have meetings at church 4 nights in a row. Whew - being lay leader can be challenging sometimes. But, it is wonderful to be a part of the mission and ministry we do - carrying out God's work is certainly a privilege and an honor.

Prayers continuing
Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #59  
Rennie

eltig
Was the same way in my family. I can remember my mother saving all year long for certain celebrations. More food than I had seen in forever when one of those celebrations happened. When I lost 40lbs. I celebrated with a weight watchers fudge bar lol. It is ok to celebrate, just celebrate smartly. You will get back on track. You didn't fall off the wagon. Just slipped off the seat a bit. Straighten yourself back up. Point the horses in the right direction and keep your eyes on the horizon.

Counting
Thank you . My family still talks about the time I got was trying to get a cat out of a tree. I was wearing a dress and slipped while up in the branches. Some how my dress caught on a limb and I fell. I was ok, was handing there by what was left of my dress which was about nothing, darn think just about ripped off me lol. They found me yelling my head off. There, hanging from the branches my dress caught. All I really had on was my slip. Now mind you, they forget to tell everyone I was SIX when this happened lol. You are doing well yourself. Just a little at a time is how you and I are getting there but we are getting there. I have always found being involved in church very rewarding.

Just
I am fine lol looking less like a spotted dick every day lol. Oh you take care of yourself. What ever is going around lasts forever and people don't get well before they start trying to get back to the normal routine.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Prayer request.
Please pray for my 70 year old neighbor, Maria she was crossing the street and was in the crosswalk when she was struck by a hit and run driver.This happened Feb 4 , she has been in a coma ever since and doctors are not sure if she will ever be able to walk again.Please pray for her recovery and pray, also that this despicable person who hit her will be found.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote