Old 01-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #76  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Wilma
Thanks, think I am going to get one. Just getting use to balancing will help with the abs.

losin
Nice to see you back. Don't forget us and post more often.

Counting
Now what happen to that big stick I sent you? You aren't using it enough or he would be out there WORK WORK WORK lol. Nice going on the weigh in. Sure glad we are on the same team.

Just
Sometimes we have to remember we can use the carrot or the stick and sometimes you use the stick to make them eat the carrot lol. We don't have much snow but darn it is going to be colder than..... for the whole weekend. Sure glad I do my walking/aerobic videos and I don't have to go outside lol. Will be gone this weekend so I don't know if I will get to chat or not until Sunday night.

Past
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME
You have found a great place to chat and make new friends.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #77  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hi every one it has been a great week here I actually lost 3 pounds I'm excited because I have struggled with this. I have cut way back on my sugar and I have come out of denial about how much I eat, I was eating more then I needed too.I do not feel so alone in this matter because I know I have lots of support. I hope you all have a great week . God Bless Rena
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #78  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in, busy day today. Our UMC bishop was visiting our church today to deliver the sermon. For some reason, when the bishop visits there is a flurry of activity that goes on.

Tonight will be spent on the phone with family. It is funny how I grew up spending Sundays at Grandmas with all the relatives around. Now, we are so scattered (geographically, well occasionally mentally too) that we have to spent time together digitally.

It is still cold here (about 5 degrees F), and could get to -20 tonight. I'm very thankful for the new furnace we put in last year! Of course I could always exercise to keep warm

Hope you all had a blessed Sunday, and that you have a wonderful week! Prayers ascending for everyone ...
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #79  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ hope everyone is having a great Sunday; we had a nice sunny day, albeit was very cold (this morning was -31C). Yah, that's frosty cold; and it's bothering my legs (causing aches and pains), which makes it harder to walk.

HOWEVER, I did stay on plan today; had a nice roast chicken dinner with lots of veggies plus did my chair aerobics and a bit of walking indoors only. Will try to do some more tomorrow with my WOPS dvds. DH is already pining for spring now that the really cold weather is here; happens every year, but I can't much blame him really.

RENA ~ on the 3 lbs; that's a wonderful start!

COUNTING ~ I talked to my DAD twice this week and thankfully all is well with them. We have to converse with family via phone and internet as we are all so spread apart. Our friends send us emails as well; it's handy when you don't get out as much. This happens in the winter; we stay home much more now than in the summer.

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE that is passing by; take good care and hope you all have a blessed week, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^continue for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 217/215/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi all, this is my 1st day here!

I just started my diet and exercise plan 7 days ago!!! I have to work extra hard cuz I'm on different meds that make my metabolism slow down. I NEVER believed that happened until it happened to me. God had to make me rethink things over and now I feel for overweight people more. I really give God the glory for helping me want to fight these extra 50lbs. I've been praying for so long and now I feel I have the desire and strength to change. If anyone has ideas to lose weight that have helped them I'm up to hearing them.
Thanks and God bless,
Becky
flyaway77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #81  
Rennie

fly
I thank God everyday and give him a great deal of the credit for my weight loss so far. Without him I could have never made it as far as I have. What I do is very simple. I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups each day ( ok some days I have a hard time getting all the bread and cereal group in. I stay within a wide range of calories, fat and carbs I allow myself. I don't do without a thing but I do watch portion sizes. I make sure I get a snack each day. I exercise all week days. 1 one mile walking/aerobic video in the morning and then a 2 or 3 mile walking/aerobic video in the evening. Mon/wed/Fri I do about 40 mins of resistance training. All in the comfort of my own home. Little expense, a few walking videos and a couple sets of dumbbells, a couple of different stretchy bands and the walk away the waist band.
You stick with it, no one ever said this journey we are all on to a more healthy thinner person was going to be easy all the time. We get out of it what we put into it.

Just
I am not going to complain it was 2f here this morning lol.

losin
CONGRATS on that weigh loss. Nice going.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-22-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #82  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Another cold day here in Maine I like to walk but its too cold so will have do a WATP tape .Thanks for your support .Have a great week
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #83  

Just checking in.
Becky - A lot of what Shy said is my plan as well. I count calories (I use Fitday to log my weight, calories, and exercise) and try to eat "clean". I stick to whole foods and as few processed foods as possible. Because I calorie count, all foods are on my plan - moderation (portion control) is the key. I eat 6 times each day - very small meals. This helps keep my blood sugar stable and keeps the hunger and craving monsters at bay. I exercise 5-7 days per week. I try to exercise in the morning before work (30-40) minutes and in the evening for another (30-60) minutes at least 4 days per week. I work out at home in the winter using resistance bands, weights, and videos which include yoga, pilates, dance and walking (WATP). I love the variety, so I don't get tired of doing the same thing.

Like you, I couldn't do this on my own. A lot of prayer goes into my plan as well. I really believe weight loss is about successfully aligning body, mind and spirit. When they are in sync, I am successful. Relying on a power much greater than myself is the only way that I can have any expectation of success. God is way bigger and greater and more powerful than I am!

Rena - way to go on that 3 lb. loss

Rosebud - oh, me too! I am a homebody by nature, but in the winter, it is awful! We laugh with our neighbors in the spring. We joke over the fence - who are you again? We rarely see any of our neighbors all winter long. Once in a great while we will see each other out shoveling or blowing snow and raise a mittened hand in a wave.

I hope everyone is doing well! We are all the way up to 12 degrees F! Woohoo - heat wave

Update on DS. He is looking at online classes, but hasn't move very far since last week. Continued prayer is requested. I know that all things work together for good, but Lord -you need to give me more patience for dealing with DS on this issue. I just want to kick his ... sometimes!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #84  
Rosebud

BECKY ~ I think many of us gain weight as we get older; it kinda sneaks up on us, and one day we look at the mirror or scale and say, 'Yikes, when did that happen?' LOL! But it'snever too late to get started on our way to better health. Come back and tell us a bit about yourself; post often as that seems to help a lot of people.

We had lovely sun again today; what a treat this has been. I think GOD is having pity on us for all those very low temps (-40C's with the wind chill factor).

Didn't do much today; did some crossword puzzles. LOL. Yah, I know that doesn't count for exercise; but my arm and fingers got a good workout. LOL. Just did indoor everyday stuff. Had a nice steak with mushrooms and O's dinner with veggies and brown rice; ON PLAN!

Well, it's time to have my tea; hope everyone is having a great week. Your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

We had an exciting Sunday morning church service. Our pastor is single, never married. Sunday after worship service he announced he is engaged! We were all happy for him and her, as well. When he said he had asked her to marry him, I wondered who he was talking about when I noticed a young lady standing next to him , crying buckets. We all know her, just didn't know a romance was going on under our noses. I think he wanted to keep it quiet as he knew we would all be looking her over, sizing her up wondering if she is good enough for him. Well, she definetely is.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #86  
Rennie

Counting
We are such copy cats of each other lol. I finaly got the Walk Slim system in the mail today. Can't wait to check it out.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #87  

Shy Take it easy with the boosted walking. We did the 2 miles tonight and it can get pretty intense. The 4 mile with boosted intervals just about does me in. And - I have never had the health issues that you have had. The 3 fast miles is actually easier than the 2 miles because it doesn't have the boosted walking.

bargoo - that is so sweet! You are right - congregations can be so critical of people that date their pastor. It is like a bunch of mother hens that think they know best.

Rosebud - We got a little bit of sun today too. More snow tonight and -12F. I'm having a hard time remembering that it was almost 60F two weeks ago. I like crossword puzzles too - and tea - sounds like a lovely afternoon

Busy day for me. I had to consult for another school district (our district loans me out 16 days a year) and then try to catch up on my regular job when I got back into town. The good news - no time to eat off plan

Hello to everyone else! Hope you have/had a wonderful day
Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #88  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ had another lovely sunny day; just had to get out and catch some rays. So I went SKI-WALKING three times today; just short ones to feed my birdies this morning and to take out bread cubes after lunch; then I went out for a longer one once I saw that the winds weren't too bad. The fresh air helped becuz I dozed off tonight after I finished my puzzles 'til 10:15 pm; ha! And, had a good OP day; glad for that.

SHY AND COUNTING ~ yes, you two do sound like you are copying each other; hmmm ... wonder what that means??? Got it: your twins! Ha! LOL!

GARY ~ best wishes to you and Angela for strength; and for all those other wonderful folks during your prayer vigil; may many blessings come your way ...

ANYWAYS, that's all for now; take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^Prayers^ continue for all!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-22-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 217/215/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Thanks for the welcome!

That's great you guys seem to know each other and care for what is going on!
I'm totally in a funk right now (what ever that's supposed to mean! ) I'm having a problem with eating bad stuff and then just throwing it up. It seems like a good way to get rid of the bad stuff. I know it ruins your teeth and is bad for your throat but it just is so nice to eat the comfort foods and then just throw it up when I'm done. I think about how gorgeous princess Di was and she had bulimia...I know though that God doesn't want me to do it so I need to really pray about stopping. Have any of you guys suffered with binging and purging?
Thanx
flyaway77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #90  

flyaway77 - I'm not much help for you I'm afraid (other than keeping you in my prayers of course). However, I think one solution for you is to get rid of the comfort foods that are causing you problems. All those empty calorie comfort foods (for me at least) trigger binge behavior. I had to ban them when I first started the plan. Now, I can have them - but I don't bring them into the house. I eat them when I am out and about - so I can control the amount.

I keep healthy snacks around - many of them feel like a treat since they are so tasty. And - now that I have been doing this for a while, I actually crave the healthier foods and am not drawn to those "other" foods any more. I got through Christmas with one bite from one cookie. Nothing else. In the OLD days, I would have been in the break room scarfing down cookies whenever I thought I could do it without folk noticing (shameful, I know).

Another thing that really helps me with those trigger foods is to eat protein with each of my 6 meals. It really helps me.

I know that isn't the kind of help/support that you were looking for, but I know you can do this! Our God is an awesome God who can help you through this!